Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,460 members, 7,843,399 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

Dangote Acquires Shares In Afreximbank - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote Acquires Shares In Afreximbank (11407 Views)

Afreximbank Invests $17bn In Nigeria / Kelvin Dandy 'Obaseki' Acquires $1M Mansion In Banana Island / Dangote Secures $1b Funding Package From Afreximbank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Acquires Shares In Afreximbank by opalu: 7:31am On Jun 10, 2016
great
Re: Dangote Acquires Shares In Afreximbank by Nigga44: 7:33am On Jun 10, 2016
Another pump and dump

Na their way
Re: Dangote Acquires Shares In Afreximbank by Adesiji77: 7:33am On Jun 10, 2016
More FX for DIL lipsrsealed
Re: Dangote Acquires Shares In Afreximbank by greatiyk4u(m): 7:40am On Jun 10, 2016
Icecomrade:

In as much as I appreciate Dangote's business expansions which is a good thing for himself and our economy I do have my concerns.

People don't realise that economic power is much more compelling than political power.

Dangote is gradually dominating all the sector of Nigerian economy.
This is monopoly which may turn back to haunt our politics in the future.

There is an urgent need for government and other Nigerians to invest and neutralise this dominance rather than sit by the side lines and applaud him.

If we don't do this, we stand a risk of Dangote running our government and determining who occupies our political positions with the threat of grounding our economy

U have a good point but will Dangote live 4rever is a another question!
Re: Dangote Acquires Shares In Afreximbank by olalekan1(m): 7:44am On Jun 10, 2016
Icecomrade:

In as much as I appreciate Dangote's business expansions which is a good thing for himself and our economy I do have my concerns.

People don't realise that economic power is much more compelling than political power.

There is an urgent need for government and other Nigerians to invest and neutralise this dominance rather than sit by the side lines and applaud him.

If we don't do this, we stand a risk of Dangote running our government and determining who occupies our political positions with the threat of grounding our economy
Bros, Dangote is not dominating, he is just leading in the sectors where he invested his money, there are other investors too. Its just that their business objectives and goals are different, while Dangote is thinking Big every blessed day, others and loosing their momentum.
Re: Dangote Acquires Shares In Afreximbank by neocortex: 8:42am On Jun 10, 2016
Icecomrade:

I think it is time our legislatures investigate Dangote for anti-trust practises.
Re: Dangote Acquires Shares In Afreximbank by ReabridCharles(m): 10:18am On Jun 10, 2016
Yea... I admire his courage. The man more serious minded about dis company than our leaders are about Nigeria...

afolayangs:
Hmm. But on this move na buying African is the man target.

I love His courage and diversity when it comes to making investment decisions

Re: Dangote Acquires Shares In Afreximbank by MrTeCO(m): 10:44am On Jun 10, 2016
Icecomrade:

God Bless you for this truth....i was saying from the onset that this govt is for th North to prepare for the breakup of Nigeria.....dont worry, i know people will still attack me....see how Buhari has used Dangote to set up everything that will make North dominate in the nea future....Tomato, Cement increase(they saw to th closure of Eastern cement industrie like Ibeto etc), refinary and more to come.....lemme keep my fingers crossed and watch...but dont forget its d Creation Of Northern Final Domination.
Re: Dangote Acquires Shares In Afreximbank by Nobody: 10:58am On Jun 10, 2016
neocortex:

I think it is time our legislatures investigate Dangote for anti-trust practises.
he has not committed any crime. he his very good at allocating funds
Re: Dangote Acquires Shares In Afreximbank by neocortex: 11:27am On Jun 10, 2016
WinningSun:

he has not committed any crime. he his very good at allocating funds

This isn't about crime but ensuring a fair competitive environment.
Re: Dangote Acquires Shares In Afreximbank by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jun 10, 2016
neocortex:

This isn't about crime but ensuring a fair competitive environment.
the only thing that can subject him to investigation is if competitor accused him of unfair practices. larfarge has been in business before him but he had a better strategy. he WINS.
Re: Dangote Acquires Shares In Afreximbank by obua: 4:07pm On Jun 10, 2016
Dangote is a smart guy and makes some daring moves where others fear. He is setting up a refinery after others received upto 20 refinery licences and did nothing. Afrimpexbank is a pan African bank set up to promote trade in Africa. Dangote is already operating in 18 African countries. His wealth is just about 1.5% of Nigerias GDP. By the time he is listed on the London Stock Exchange, (Dangote cement and petrochemicals)his total wealth will up to 8-10% of our GDP(assuming our GDP is stagnant)

(1) (2) (Reply)

What's Happening On The Ikorodu Axis? / How To Open A China Bank Account / Eid-el-fitr: Photos Of Stranded Customers At Various Bank Atms In The North

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.