Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,581 members, 7,823,519 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:13 AM

Desmond Nunugwo Dies In EFCC Custody - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Desmond Nunugwo Dies In EFCC Custody (37022 Views)

Kidnapper Of Margaret Emefiele Dies In Custody / Whistleblowers Remanded In Prison Custody For Giving False Information (pics) / Civil Servant Dies In Efcc's Custody After Six Hours (pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Desmond Nunugwo Dies In EFCC Custody by BeeBeeOoh(m): 8:01pm On Jun 10, 2016
Desmond Nunugwo, a suspect who was arrested by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), over allegations of fraud, has died after spending six hours in EFCC custody.

Wilson Uwujaren, EFCC spokesman, disclosed this on Friday, saying Nunugwo was taken into custody on Thursday, but died a few hours later. Uwujaren said Nunugwo’s demise was confirmed at a hospital where he was rushed to after he suddenly took ill.

“The late Nunugwu allegedly fraudulently obtained N91m from an acquaintance after he tricked her into believing that he had high net worth business associates in Dubai, United Arab Emirates who were at the verge of buying Nicon Insurance and convinced her of their disposition to help her stock fish business,” Uwujaren said in a statement.

“Consequently, she wired N91m into Nunugwo’s nominated account (Mainagge General Merchants) in Diamond Bank. After the transfer of the funds, Nunugwo became evasive forcing the complainant to report the transaction to the EFCC.”  

“Consequently, Nunugwo was arrested in Utako, Abuja at about 5:33pm on Thursday, June 9, 2016. His statement was taken, where he admitted receiving the money from the complainant, with the additional information that he transferred N30m of the said money to Norway.

But he could not explain the whereabouts of the balance of N61m. “The suspect was detained at about 7:30pm, in the absence of anybody to take him on bail.

“Six hours later, he suddenly complained of discomfort and was rushed to the hospital where he was pronounced dead.”

Uwujaren said after his arrest, the suspect confessed to transferring N30 million out of the money to Norway, but could not account for the balance. He added that the incident had already been reported at Wuse police station in Abuja, where investigation has commenced.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/06/fraud-suspect-dies-efcc-custody/

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Desmond Nunugwo Dies In EFCC Custody by Kondomatic(m): 8:03pm On Jun 10, 2016
Trouble dey sleep

2 Likes

Re: Desmond Nunugwo Dies In EFCC Custody by tizblink: 8:04pm On Jun 10, 2016
Is it not the man they said appeared on channel's programme?
Re: Desmond Nunugwo Dies In EFCC Custody by Terry68: 8:21pm On Jun 10, 2016
All this Melancholy drama self...

1 Like

Re: Desmond Nunugwo Dies In EFCC Custody by ckmayoca: 8:28pm On Jun 10, 2016
Una don kill am abi?

120 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Desmond Nunugwo Dies In EFCC Custody by Dandeson1(m): 8:35pm On Jun 10, 2016

1 Like

Re: Desmond Nunugwo Dies In EFCC Custody by ElDaIllest(m): 8:36pm On Jun 10, 2016

1 Like

Re: Desmond Nunugwo Dies In EFCC Custody by tolexy007(m): 8:36pm On Jun 10, 2016
shocked

1 Like

Re: Desmond Nunugwo Dies In EFCC Custody by Mrpelumi1: 8:36pm On Jun 10, 2016
the man day sleep... let's wait 3 days first.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Desmond Nunugwo Dies In EFCC Custody by daveyjay(m): 8:36pm On Jun 10, 2016
EFCC don kill am...possibly to conceal and abscond with the recovered loot sellinq cooked-up story to the masses...EFCC, dnt worry, dhz is Niqeria, his qhost will hunt y'all

84 Likes 1 Share

Re: Desmond Nunugwo Dies In EFCC Custody by emeijeh(m): 8:36pm On Jun 10, 2016
The story sef get as e be... I saw Nicon and next thing.... I saw STOCKFISH. wetin come bring stockfish for N91m matter?

103 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Desmond Nunugwo Dies In EFCC Custody by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jun 10, 2016
Dandeson1:
Dumbness or what?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Desmond Nunugwo Dies In EFCC Custody by mrvitalis(m): 8:37pm On Jun 10, 2016
Painful yes... But the fight must go on

Collectaral damage.... it's painful tho

11 Likes

Re: Desmond Nunugwo Dies In EFCC Custody by tundelis(m): 8:39pm On Jun 10, 2016
See Weytin Buhari coz angry

7 Likes

Re: Desmond Nunugwo Dies In EFCC Custody by Realhommie(m): 8:39pm On Jun 10, 2016
So how will the lady get back a refund of her cash now the criminal is dead?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Desmond Nunugwo Dies In EFCC Custody by TallPck1(m): 8:39pm On Jun 10, 2016
EFCC why! Now how do we know if he is guilty or not?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Desmond Nunugwo Dies In EFCC Custody by gbadexy(m): 8:39pm On Jun 10, 2016
Money enter bush.

1 Like

Re: Desmond Nunugwo Dies In EFCC Custody by AntiWailer: 8:39pm On Jun 10, 2016
if he was to be a politican.

They will scream tyrant.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Desmond Nunugwo Dies In EFCC Custody by oluangelkay(f): 8:40pm On Jun 10, 2016
so after the guy gave una the 61M, una still went ahead and killed him claiming that he didnt give account of the said money! Chai!!!!! Dere is God ohhhhhhh. Anyways, i need my own share ASAP. God punish una

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Desmond Nunugwo Dies In EFCC Custody by kinibigdeal(m): 8:41pm On Jun 10, 2016
Buhari and lawlessness

4 Likes

Re: Desmond Nunugwo Dies In EFCC Custody by Realhommie(m): 8:41pm On Jun 10, 2016
femdrac:
And he was just a suspect oo
He gave a statement confessing his complicity in the crime.... What else?

4 Likes

Re: Desmond Nunugwo Dies In EFCC Custody by kenbee(f): 8:41pm On Jun 10, 2016
Case closed
Re: Desmond Nunugwo Dies In EFCC Custody by NwaIgboBoy(m): 8:41pm On Jun 10, 2016
Wen trouble sleep EFCC go wake am o... Na waaiting dem dey find? ..... Wahala dem dey find wahala dem go get ooo. I LOVE FELA
Re: Desmond Nunugwo Dies In EFCC Custody by encryptjay(m): 8:41pm On Jun 10, 2016
The consequences of some of our silly actions

1 Like

Re: Desmond Nunugwo Dies In EFCC Custody by eleko1: 8:42pm On Jun 10, 2016
There is no repentance afta death. Give Ur life to JESUS embarassed

11 Likes

Re: Desmond Nunugwo Dies In EFCC Custody by Realhommie(m): 8:42pm On Jun 10, 2016
oluangelkay:
so after the guy gave una the 61M, una still went ahead and killed him claiming that he didnt give account of the said money! Chai!!!!! Dere is God ohhhhhhh. Anyways, i need my own share ASAP. God punish una
What version did you read please?

13 Likes

Re: Desmond Nunugwo Dies In EFCC Custody by glossy6(f): 8:42pm On Jun 10, 2016
Realhommie:
So how will the lady get back a refund of her cash now the criminal is dead?

In Omawunmi's voice I sing
if you ask me na who I go askkkkk?
Re: Desmond Nunugwo Dies In EFCC Custody by Toosure70: 8:42pm On Jun 10, 2016
d same tribe dupe d same tribe kill am, all as usual.

1 Like

Re: Desmond Nunugwo Dies In EFCC Custody by kenbee(f): 8:42pm On Jun 10, 2016
Realhommie:
He gave a statement confessing his complicity in the crime.... What else?

He is Still a suspect bro, EFCC is not a law court

11 Likes

Re: Desmond Nunugwo Dies In EFCC Custody by Lionsclaw: 8:42pm On Jun 10, 2016
Mago don kill person.
Oya yeye people make una keep the dead body for custody na

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Drug Traffickers Packaged Hard Drugs Inside Ceramic Plates (Photos, Video) / Men Hypnotized A Lady And Gang Raped Her In Enugu (Photo) / EFCC Arrests Son, Mother, Others For Internet Fraud (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.