Stats: 3,153,050 members, 7,818,157 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:09 AM

Acer Laptop. What Do You Think? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Acer Laptop. What Do You Think? (1128 Views)

I Just Got My Laptop; What Antivirus Is Better? / I Want To Buy A Laptop; What Do I Look Out For / I Need A Laptop! - What Make And Brand? (2) (3) (4)

Acer Laptop. What Do You Think? by Luvall: 12:16am On Aug 28, 2009
Hello guys,

i want to but this Acer Aspire 4810 Timeline.

Anyone ever used it before or have any experiences with Acer product as this will be the first time i'm going to use it.

What are ur opinions abt its longevity, durability and strength?

candid opinions will be appreciated.

thanks
Re: Acer Laptop. What Do You Think? by oheez(m): 4:22pm On Aug 30, 2009
That's what i'm using at the moment. Depending on where you got yours. Most laptops meant for African market are cheap and hence not the best. Among these i won't advice acer. Dell or Hp.
Re: Acer Laptop. What Do You Think? by deji2009(m): 4:53pm On Aug 30, 2009
As a technical Adviser with many years of troubleshooting computers, HP and COMPAQS is by far the easier system to diagnose.Having said that make sure is got Hidden recovery partition, so that if the system is infected with virus at a touch of a button everything can be reset without the hassle of having to buy a rescue disk.
Re: Acer Laptop. What Do You Think? by stancozy(m): 10:46am On Aug 31, 2009
WOw Wow Wow!
@deji, how do i do that?
Re: Acer Laptop. What Do You Think? by deji2009(m): 12:48pm On Aug 31, 2009
@stancozy, how do you mean ?
Re: Acer Laptop. What Do You Think? by Luvall: 7:34am On Sep 03, 2009
Thanks guys for your contribution.

The main reason for wanting to buy this particular laptop is mainly cos of the battery life (8 life) and its nice spec.

What other laptop has 4gb ram, 300+ dard disk, coupled with that a good battery life?

Replies will be appreciated.
Re: Acer Laptop. What Do You Think? by lynxnoon(m): 8:57am On Sep 03, 2009
wel deres lenovo, but den again u hv to consider your pocket wink n deasily getting it here
for me i'll say if u dnt mind d hype of hp, d cost of sony, d overhyped but rally & VERY VERY EXPENSIVE cool apple grin, den just go for dis acer timeline, cos its a new product, deres waranty and at least some1 to complain to if any tin arises
well dats my own opinion but do enuf research about it and d bottom line is wat u really want to use d laptop for
i hope dat helps
cheers
Re: Acer Laptop. What Do You Think? by veetubes: 3:13pm On Sep 03, 2009
acer from my own experience is a good product
Re: Acer Laptop. What Do You Think? by ichommy(m): 11:34am On Sep 04, 2009
acer is a good product but battery wahala cheesy
Re: Acer Laptop. What Do You Think? by lynxnoon(m): 9:28pm On Sep 04, 2009
hmmm den i wonda wat wil happen to dis timeline wit 8hrs+ battery life wink
Re: Acer Laptop. What Do You Think? by darkey(m): 7:23pm On Sep 07, 2009
Bros, dont buy acer oh, i will not move near any acer laptop again (unless i get it free and then i'll sell it)
I'm using an Acer Aspire and some of my usb ports never works and now, my drive is very selective in d cds and dvds it plays and then battery life, anoda story entirely,
My advice, forget Timeline, go for Dell's vostro or XPS, dey got good battery life
Hp is also anoda product, after dell
ahhhhhhhhhh SONY,if u'v got d cash
Ur choice
Re: Acer Laptop. What Do You Think? by patorini(m): 11:05am On Sep 08, 2009
no mind acer oh. d wahala too much

Purchase Voip Credit & Lr / Hp Dm4 Info: Identifying Fakes / Apple Macbook Pro 17 Inch For Sale in abuja