Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,583 members, 7,827,169 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:22 AM

Why Dont Nigerian Parent Apologize To Their Children? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Dont Nigerian Parent Apologize To Their Children? (1442 Views)

Things A Typical Nigerian Parent Won't Accept From Western Culture / 10 Things Parents Should Moderate In Their Children In Nigeria / 15 Lies All Nigerian Parents Tell Their Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Dont Nigerian Parent Apologize To Their Children? by adedayourt(m): 12:22pm On Jun 11, 2016
Had a chat with a friend bout this and we seem to be on same page. . .

Yea parents are supposed to bring up their kids in the way they ought to go helping them become good adults but there are few instances where parent do some things and you begin to wonder.

Rather than apologizing, an average Nigerian mum or dad will rather pedal down their scold and tend to be overly nice for that moment.

Just wondering if coming out straight in apologies reduces the mum or dad in them.

Re: Why Dont Nigerian Parent Apologize To Their Children? by Nixiepie(f): 12:37pm On Jun 11, 2016
Op,then my parents are exceptional,cos they do apologize to us "the kids when ever they overreacted,I love them
Re: Why Dont Nigerian Parent Apologize To Their Children? by adedayourt(m): 12:54pm On Jun 11, 2016
Nixiepie:
Op,then my parents are exceptional,cos they do apologize to us "the kids when ever they overreacted,I love them

your parent must be dat 1 out of every 10 parent dat apologise to their kids with ease smiley
Re: Why Dont Nigerian Parent Apologize To Their Children? by Kondomatic(m): 12:56pm On Jun 11, 2016
Nixiepie:
Mom apologizes sometimes but Dad? Nah, you will apologize to him for making him think you're wrong.

1 Like

Re: Why Dont Nigerian Parent Apologize To Their Children? by pheyhi(f): 1:01pm On Jun 11, 2016
My dad will use laughter to cover it and because he's so handsome and has a sweet smile, you have no choice than to forgive him buh ma mum na lieeeee even if she's wrong she can never be wrong in her eyes, me don't argue with her I just let it slide, by the time she discovers that she was wrong she will now start doing pity pity face, yuck that's the moment I feel like dancing #itoldyouso dance

1 Like

Re: Why Dont Nigerian Parent Apologize To Their Children? by Nixiepie(f): 1:23pm On Jun 11, 2016
adedayourt:

your parent must be dat 1 out of every 10 parent dat apologise to their kids with ease smiley
yep u can say that again,respect
Re: Why Dont Nigerian Parent Apologize To Their Children? by adedayourt(m): 1:26pm On Jun 11, 2016
Nixiepie:
yep u can say that again,respect

smiley thumbs up
Re: Why Dont Nigerian Parent Apologize To Their Children? by Cutehector(m): 1:44pm On Jun 11, 2016
Parents don't apologize... who even wants their apologies anyways.. doesn't add anythn to my life.
Re: Why Dont Nigerian Parent Apologize To Their Children? by 5minsmadness: 2:09pm On Jun 11, 2016
I think it has to do with them being an authority figure.
I can only remember my father apologising once in his life, and am still not sure if it was in my dream.

2 Likes

Re: Why Dont Nigerian Parent Apologize To Their Children? by alexx187(m): 2:42pm On Jun 11, 2016
pheyhi:
My dad will use laughter to cover it and because he's so handsome and has a sweet smile, you have no choice than to forgive him buh ma mum na lieeeee even if she's wrong she can never be wrong in her eyes, me don't argue with her I just let it slide, by the time she discovers that she was wrong she will now start doing pity pity face, yuck that's the moment I feel like dancing #itoldyouso dance
.......I don laff die "pity pity face"........hahahhaa......
Re: Why Dont Nigerian Parent Apologize To Their Children? by adedayourt(m): 2:51pm On Jun 11, 2016
5minsmadness:
I think it has to do with them being an authority figure.
I can only remember my father apologising once in his life, and am still not sure if it was in my dream.

lool, sure he must av apologised bfor nd nt in d dreams tongue
Re: Why Dont Nigerian Parent Apologize To Their Children? by adedayourt(m): 2:54pm On Jun 11, 2016
pheyhi:

dat got me cheesy :Ding

can imagine dat look smiley
Re: Why Dont Nigerian Parent Apologize To Their Children? by montezz(f): 8:02pm On Jun 11, 2016
My parents have a way of bribing us lol. Sometimes my dad would sit us down and explain why he reacted the way he did and cover it with gists lol. But my mum ehn...that woman go just bone. Come back the following day with puff puff and buns. She don change now sha.
Re: Why Dont Nigerian Parent Apologize To Their Children? by adedayourt(m): 10:55pm On Jun 11, 2016
montezz:
My parents have a way of bribing us lol. Sometimes my dad would sit us down and explain why he reacted the way he did and cover it with gists lol. But my mum ehn...that woman go just bone. Come back the following day with puff puff and buns. She don change now sha.

amazingly mum nd dad always av a way dey go bout it wen dey dnt wana directly apologize

luv dem for it stil smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Dont Nigerian Parent Apologize To Their Children? by JustOzito(f): 11:30pm On Jun 11, 2016
my dad will just open bible for you and refer you to Jacob's only daughter.
Re: Why Dont Nigerian Parent Apologize To Their Children? by Prettiepearlz(f): 3:25pm On Jun 12, 2016
montezz:
Lol, I can relate with that. My mum does the same thing too.
Re: Why Dont Nigerian Parent Apologize To Their Children? by twosquare(m): 6:07pm On Jun 12, 2016
pheyhi:
You look 'handsome' too (not only beautiful); guess you have your dad's face.
Re: Why Dont Nigerian Parent Apologize To Their Children? by makydebbie(f): 6:22pm On Jun 12, 2016
JustOzito:
my dad will just open bible for you and refer you to Jacob's only daughter.
lol..mum does dat..and dad if you let him know he is wrong that means you know more than him...and believe me you dont wanna know more than him..cos thats like 24 hours preaching!
Re: Why Dont Nigerian Parent Apologize To Their Children? by JustOzito(f): 9:45pm On Jun 14, 2016
makydebbie:
lol..mum does dat..and dad if you let him know he is wrong that means you know more than him...and believe me you dont wanna know more than him..cos thats like 24 hours preaching!
lol
Re: Why Dont Nigerian Parent Apologize To Their Children? by benedictac(f): 10:27pm On Jun 14, 2016
I didn't have this father/mother/daughter relationship coz I lived with my brother's wife from 5 so didn't experience that but I do apologize to my son when I know I'm truly wrong
Re: Why Dont Nigerian Parent Apologize To Their Children? by Exponental(m): 12:43am On Jun 15, 2016
Ki lo npe LAGBA...... Ireje!
What is called SENIOR..... Cheating!
Seniors will always cheat and will still stand on it. (Remember Secondary school days abi?)
Civilized parents now apologize to their kids to help them build self confidence.

(1) (Reply)

Why Would A Child Do This? / Pictures Of A Cute Baby In Arsenal FC Jersey / Ghana White Soap

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.