Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,557 members, 7,840,321 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 09:29 PM

Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry (12204 Views)

Giroud- "I'm Better Without Ozil." / Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi / Thiery Henry Joinning The League Of Cheaters ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by LoverBwoy(m): 2:57pm On Nov 27, 2006
hmm for some reason, I think this will make Henry pull up his socks and show some grit this season!
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by kitaun(m): 3:23pm On Nov 27, 2006
exu:

I don't waste my time arguing with people who,

a) can't answer 'why' e.g. Henry is a better player than Drogba and here is why etc.

b) won't refrain from making childish insults

c) don't have the decency to format their text, or ensure that their English is grammatically correct- why should I waste my time trying to make sense of what you are trying to say?

Have a nice day.

p.s.
Why are you keen to defend Henry's honour? Is there something we should know?

p.p.s.
Just seen Mukina's profile picture- you're a very beautiful young woman.

a) Every tom, dick and harry knows Henry is better than Drogba, so why should i even waste my time telling you why when the records are there? Is it not the same thing as asking why you should salute your elders early in the morning? undecided

b) I did not insult you, but rather gave me people an insight into how blighted your view is, so that they would understand you dont understand simple things, if i insult you, might be you would be too weak to even sit in front of your puta tongue grin

c) Decency of formatting my text and correctness of English abi? I doubt if your posts indicate you are any beta even if i concede am one of the poorest at that on Nairaland, mumu angry grin

No one is defending Henry's honour, cos he has over the years allowed his playing do the talking for him, not some loud-mouthed player that has hit form after years in the desert and needs to be reminded of the fate that befell players like RVN that the highest goalscorer award is not won until the last few matches, we are all living witnesses to how Henry did that last season leapfrogging RVN having 5 goals more in the process after the matches missed cool

The point is already made; Drogba has been better than Henry this season, but does that take anything away from Henry? he has always been the most phenomenal player in the EPL, so why deny him of his plaundits? cool

By the way which club do you support? cos i don't know you, lol grin grin

@Tspurs

You sure don't deserve a response from me, now that you know we know who you are, maybe it would augur well for you to come and do your thang instead of using a fake Id, Agbaya grin grin

You talk of people being on Nairaland 24/7 e dey pain u say some people's job dey online-based? which CVs u see wey people paste here abi why u wan make dem be lecturer by force? Lol grin

I dare you to come back and for real your misery continues grin grin
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by superstar1(m): 3:31pm On Nov 27, 2006
dis is just a waste of tym.they ought to b comparing drogba wit frimp[ong. wot is drogba's pedigree. i beg i no get tym 4 dat bully. D only thn he can do is turn or chest. if u can deny him both he is has lame as a duck.he is beta off as a defender than as an attacker. he ought to go n b lacing henry n even rooney's boot. No beef. ONE UNITED
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by nightrider: 3:48pm On Nov 27, 2006
drogba says he is better than henry

obafemi martins once said he was as good as ronaldo after scoring in 3 straight matches.

andy cole once said he was better than alan shearer

saviola once said and agreed with critics that he was the new maradona

mc hammer once said he was a greater performer than micheal jackson

everyone is entitled to he's season of madness. for that i refuse to crucify drogba
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by amoke115: 3:55pm On Nov 27, 2006
Maybe he was drunk when he said so
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by gaby(m): 4:00pm On Nov 27, 2006
marlet01:

i think maybe the thread writer needs to get his head examined,
i never knew what got into him in writing this hell of a thread, i doubt it if he was properly brought up because even his spellings shows how dumb he is imagine him bringing up some stupid thread i quote "Drogba am better than Henry"
you should know better, grow up and stop all this rubbish you brought up in here. mess off

@MARLET01

You should have read the first page of the thread to know the source and also from my other posts on this sports forum that im a GUNNER 4 life and besides that Thiery Henry is my man anyday anytime,

@Mukina, this is unbelieveable i got this story from Eurosport and pasted it here word for word even seun did some research and came up with a different source on the same comments accredited to Drogba,

Please folks this thread was not started for the purpose of insults , if you can't argue for or against constructively why you think the comment is ridiculous or true simply read and move on to the next thread rather than trading insults here,

Thanks
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by exu(m): 4:02pm On Nov 27, 2006
everyone is entitled to he's season of madness. for that i refuse to crucify drogba

It isn't really a 'season of madness' when you've had multiple good seasons in France. Then been asked to play a different role to the one you have been used to, in a different league and succeed at that also.

Fact of the matter is you can rely on Drogba to fight for the team all the time by any means.  

Drogba has shown that he can perform consistently at the international level against top opposition- can Henry?

Drogba can adapt to different roles and still succeed- can Henry?

Drogba has been the best striker in two different leagues- would Henry have even made the bench had he moved to Barcelona?

In some ways it is commendable that Henry refuses to play anything other than the 'beautiful game'. It shows a degree of integrity.

But I know if I was building a team I would pick a Drogba over an Henry every time.
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by superman(m): 4:26pm On Nov 27, 2006
hey hey stand up !

anyway i think something needed to be clarified here as yall can see right.

1 it is without doubt to say drogba is on his top form at the moment ! fact no objection @ExE and co

2 it is also without doubt to say that herny yes herny is not on his top form! once again no objection for god sake ! just joking maybe

however to say stupidly i mean stupidly that Drogba is better than herny is to say somaila national football team is better than super egales!

pls can someone pls go drink garri and also make sure u had enough water to avoid some kinda struggle in the toliet seat
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by amoke115: 4:26pm On Nov 27, 2006
I see more of insults than constructive talk on this thread, maybe its because drogba once said his dream was to play alongside henry in the french team so that explains he would love to be like henry or half as good
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by amodu(m): 5:04pm On Nov 27, 2006
Drogba make his own opinion but that has not make him a better player than Henry.
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by Radiant(f): 10:43pm On Nov 27, 2006
Drogba comparing himself with Henry? shocked Respect? I mean, who is he?

He should be locked up in a gas chamber. Ivory Monkey angry
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by Jackal(m): 11:51pm On Nov 27, 2006
Hey kids,
Don't pollute this thread with cheap insults.
Lets reason more like real soccer analysts.

So far this season, Drogba is on top of his game and he has a right to boast he is better than Henry.
Overall, Drogba is still a toddler and he will learn a lot from Henry if he can keep his foul-mouth shut.
Its too early for him to start saying he is better than anyone.

The EPL golden boot is not won in November.
There's still a long way to go and Drogba should be castrated for even making such a malicious statement.
He once said he was better than Samuel Etoo-so lets just assume Drogba is mentally deranged.
Kanu, Rooney, Saha are chasing him so he should rather let his football do the talking.
As a matter of fact, Drogba was anonymous in yesterday's big game and this is where one expect him to show his class.
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by Radiant(f): 12:04am On Nov 28, 2006
Certainly deranged! angry
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by kitaun(m): 1:42am On Nov 28, 2006
Exactly the points i had been bringing out, he should have his mouth padlocked, lol
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by pucho(m): 9:42am On Nov 28, 2006
Records speak for themselves.

Season stats courtesy Espnsoccernet.

GP 14 | G 8 | A 3 (2006/07 Premiership) Drogba. GP 11 | G 6 | A 2 (2006/07 Premiership) Henry this season.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/players/stats?id=8039&cc=5739
henry's history for the last 5 seasons.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/players/stats?id=18727&cc=5739 Drogba's history for the last 5 seasons.

see there is really no basis for comparism.

In short they no be mate. even this season there is not rily a lot to seperate them.

also note for all the so called form drogba is havin he has not even won the player of the month this term or in his entire time at chelsea records my people speak volumes. So what is the basis for this comparism.

BARCLAYS PLAYER OF THE MONTH 2006/07

August 2006 Ryan Giggs (Manchester United)

September 2006 Andy Johnson (Everton)

October 2006 Paul Scholes (Manchester United)

BARCLAYS PLAYER OF THE MONTH 2005/06

August 2005 Darren Bent (Charlton Athletic)

September 2005 Danny Murphy (Charlton Athletic)

October 2005 Frank Lampard (Chelsea)

November 2005 Robin van Persie (Arsenal)

December 2005 Wayne Rooney (Manchester United)

January 2006 Anton Ferdinand (West Ham United)

February 2006 Kevin Nolan (Bolton Wanderers)

March 2006 Wayne Rooney (Manchester United)

April 2006 Steven Gerrard (Liverpool)

Player of the Year 2005/06 Thierry Henry (Arsenal) .

he is not even better tha Rooney thgis term let alone Henry.
So mr Drogba shut up.
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by ObaMan(m): 9:43am On Nov 28, 2006
HENRY SNUB IS 'SCANDAL'
FORMER Liverpool boss Gerard Houllier says Thierry Henry should have been crowned best player in the world - and called Fabio Cannavaro's victory a "scandal".

Cannavaro claimed the prestigious Ballon d'Or after helping Italy lift the World Cup, and was also named European Player of the Year yesterday.

But Houllier, whose Lyon side are in the same Champions League group as Cannavaro's Real Madrid, said: "Compared to other players he certainly didn't deserve it. He had a great World Cup, but not a great season.

"It's a scandal and what bothers me most is that Thierry Henry, who has scored 20 goals a season for years now and who played in two finals last season, was not even considered."

Dont u think there is ojoro?
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by Jackal(m): 10:04am On Nov 28, 2006
@ Obaman,

Henry shot himself down in the final of the UEFA champions league.
That was the big stage he needed to have showcased his talent but his performances that night was awful.
To be frank, Henry was the architect of the loss to Arsenal.

Besides, these awards are not based on the individual skills alone, they also look at the contribution towards one's team.
How your quality and individual brilliance has been able to influence your team into winning trophies.
Henry's contribution to the French team was over-shadowed by Zidane and Lehmann was the main star at the UEFA champions league.
Lehmann kept Arsenal in that competition and his sending off was a big blow to Arsenal in the final.

Cannavaro on the other hand has been brilliant. He is a defender so i cannot really compare him to Henry.
He kept Juventus defence tight throughout last season. He was their best player by miles when they fell to Arsenal @ Highbury.
Fabio was also the main man at the World Cup. He was exceptional from matchday1 till the finals without a blip.
His contribution to his team kept his team alive with several clean sheets to spare.
He also had a World Cup medal and Scudetto title under his belt.
If i may remember, Henry did not win anything this year.
He lost in the 2 finals he played and that was where he slipped.
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by loyika(m): 10:33am On Nov 28, 2006
Well taking into consideration that the sculetto medal was taken away from him, means that he only has the WC to show for all the hype. (and besides Italy won on pens, so its not as if France really lost out during the match, or is Henry to blame for Zidane's headbutt )

Frankly i don't think he deserves it, TH14 should have picked it up this year, but like you said, the two finals spoke for him. If not it should have been given to Sam Eto.

Well guess they wanted to make the other footballers feel good, as usually defenders and goalkeepers are really the last folks to pick up awards.

Do i even bother with the Drogba stuff Well all i will say is Sammie Eto is injured, didn't go to the WC, yet is still seen as better than Drogs in africa, so Drogs should just shut up, he ain't even better than Kanu angry

He can't even polish Henry's shoes, and would pay money to be in the same advert as Henry. (this from a player who last season was booed by his own supporters and we are still arguing over his comments)

I guess is really good for him that when he opens his mouth people take notice, after all he accepted that he cheated sometimes on live TV grin so what do we all expect.

He is just lucky that Crespo decided to leave and they got him a pensioner as his strike partner, if not we won't be hearing all this rubbish tongue

cool GOONER 89
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by sil(m): 10:48am On Nov 28, 2006
For where?
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by kitaun(m): 11:24am On Nov 28, 2006
@Loyika, once again well said, at a time i thought it was Drogba and Obagol they were comparing so why should Henry ever be mentioned ìn the same breath with Drogba?
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by Pamperme: 1:02pm On Nov 28, 2006
[color=#000099][/color]
Chelsea for life
Mourinho forever
Drogba is the man for this season. You can say whatever u like about him, the guy is making his money and doesn't have an idea that you guys are insulting one another and families over him. grin grin grin grin
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by mrpataki(m): 1:32pm On Nov 28, 2006
Haha?
Drogba better than Henry?
Na wah oh, people just like to look for added on relevance. Saying that is like trying to say a man can as well deliver a child better than a woman does. Never!!! Parallel lines can never meet.

Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by simmy(m): 1:51pm On Nov 28, 2006
kanu has scored 8 golas this season too now!.so is he henry's mate as a striker?, season never even reach halfway sef drogba don dey run mouth, silly guy
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by marlet01(m): 3:18pm On Nov 28, 2006
@ gaby
You are an [size=30pt] idiot!!![/size]
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by kitaun(m): 3:53pm On Nov 28, 2006
@Marlet, modify your post as you got it all wrong, cheers
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by amodu(m): 4:16pm On Nov 28, 2006
@ gaby
You are an idiot!!!

Please stop all this abuses.
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by gaby(m): 4:49pm On Nov 28, 2006
Im sorry Marlet01 for the misunderstanding didnt mean to react the way i did, understood u didnt get the source of the news before reacting, but next time always read all on a post before reacting or else someone else might insult you where avoidable,

Take care bro,
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by mekoyo(m): 6:04pm On Nov 28, 2006
Drogba don dey do pass himself o.
I am a true blue 4 life. But dat does not give me d privilege 2 support drogba 4 what he said. How will he compare himself with IGWE 1 of Asernal.
Henry o dey look post before he score o.

Drogba has been outstanding this season but he is only sharig the point with KANU so wetin dey make better than Henry.

He is not better than Henry. Make e no let me leave my blues o.

Blues for life
HENRY is a great player.
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by mekoyo(m): 6:17pm On Nov 28, 2006
But I know if I was building a team I would pick a Drogba over an Henry every time

Sure u will cuz he's a good player. But please sont compare Drogba with Henry. We all know that henry is far better than Drogba.

Henry is a unique player with style, the freekicks, hatrricks, dribbling and on the run balls.Drogba has bee outstanding this season which makes my love for the BLUES more stronger and also for Drogba.

Pls dont forget that HENRY the IGWE ONE of ARSENAL is da BOMB. Far better than DROGBA.

[b]This is to all nairaland members:[/b] Please let's stop this insults and comment on whatever we have to comment. We do not know each other most of us are here to make friends and not enemies so please let us mind our LANGUAGE.

THANKS
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by marlet01(m): 6:21pm On Nov 28, 2006
@ gaby
sorry man i over-reacted

kool up smiley
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by lordimpaq(m): 6:22pm On Nov 28, 2006
@marlet

u r the man,

@topic,

The greatest error
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by kitaun(m): 6:26pm On Nov 28, 2006
@Mekoyo, long time, don't go deep blue in ur face when we thrash u on the 10th o!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Brighton Vs Liverpool (0 - 2) - On 12th March 2022 / Shakhtar Donetsk Vs Manchester United: UCL (1 - 1) On 2nd October 2013 / Ajax Vs Liverpool UCL (0 - 1 ) On 21st October 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.