Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,607 members, 7,840,441 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 05:04 AM

Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry (12205 Views)

Giroud- "I'm Better Without Ozil." / Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi / Thiery Henry Joinning The League Of Cheaters ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by marlet01(m): 6:26pm On Nov 28, 2006
@ impaq
i had to go through it,
i was drunk.
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by kitaun(m): 6:27pm On Nov 28, 2006
@Marlet, more like it man, cheers
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by marlet01(m): 6:37pm On Nov 28, 2006
@ kituan
thanks. smiley
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by krudol(m): 2:14am On Nov 29, 2006
Drogba is a cheats,brags,drives and blows his trumpet
sometime ago he called himself a million pound striker
y not let people say who really is that good
Henry is worth being respected
if he had been bragging this much about his goal scoring records
l can't help wondering how l would have closed my eyes
but come to think of it,drogba hasn't even won as top goal scorer
for any season in the premier league
He would have at least got that before he starts making comparisons
Kanu is even better tha Drogba
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by Oracle(m): 2:34am On Nov 29, 2006
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by Christino(m): 9:39am On Nov 29, 2006
But for the motivating factor in both, I see no basis for comparison. Drogba is a better header quite alright, he scores freekicks too and is good in assists but so far this season, he has been outstanding and better than Henry and from his statement: This season, i'm better than Henry. For Country and club, league and UEFA, Haba, kudos. Just like this season Odemwingie has fared better than Obagol (even Yak, if we are talking about the EPL alone).

Henry reserves most of his major shows for the second half of the season so if Drogba can be consistent the season, he can beat Henry to the highest goal scorer trophy, but that I honestly doubt.

So far, you can't murder him for that statement at all, it's up to Henry to prove him wrong, I see it as a positive challenge.
Who's playing Arsenal next? It's gonna be a brace from Henry, next is a Hatrick - that guy is a DEMON!
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by loyika(m): 10:10am On Nov 29, 2006
But Christino

Don't you think that, the fact Drogs is saying he is better than Henry, means he is acknowledging that Henry is the standard he has to live up to.

You don't get all happy when the season is not over, its like a B ball player, celebrating 1 slam dunk, while his team are behind

Drogs should wait until the season is over before he starts feeling better than someone else.

Like i said he is not even in the same league as Henry

I keep hearing stuff like He scored against Barca , well Henry scored against Real!! if we have to start using petty arguements.

Its like Henry comparing him self to Van Basten or Maradona or even Platini, who he is about to break his goal scopring record for France. That would be an insult tongue

Drogba should just concentrate on his game and how it will help his team win silverware, and leave the plaudits for fans and sports commentators, who will give him his dues if he deserves it at the end of the season cool

cool GOONER 89
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by IBEXY(m): 10:42am On Nov 29, 2006
How did Drogba fare in the recent Europen footballer of the year award?
Henry was third
where Drogba dey?
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by kitaun(m): 11:09am On Nov 29, 2006
was he even mentioned at all?
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by nkechy: 2:34pm On Nov 29, 2006
Drogba scores goals and that serves as the fuel to make comparisions. He must have been taking some of Morinho's BIG MOUTH SYRUP!

This was someone who Crespo eclipsed in past seasons. And who wanted to run away from Chelsea when Shevie was on his way there.

Luck smiled on his black behind and now every other top rated striker is dog-poop.

Even Eto is far better does not open his mouth like Drogba. But like I said, I guess he has been stealing Morinho's big mouth syrup.

To which unfortunately, there is no remedy
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by IBEXY(m): 2:56pm On Nov 29, 2006
judge a player by how many international awards/recognotion he has earned.
Henry is a phenomenon in English football to who even the said drogba looks up to for inspiration
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by kitaun(m): 2:57pm On Nov 29, 2006
Hmmn!
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by amodu(m): 3:02pm On Nov 29, 2006
Morinho's BIG MOUTH SYRUP!

He has been achieving with it may be thats why Drogba wanted to emulate him.
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by deb(m): 4:39pm On Nov 29, 2006
The fact here is that as an African player if you dont blow your trumpet
No media will blow it for you.

Where is Jay Jay Okocha today? What has Maradona done that he hasn't done with football.
The way Maradona is being talked about today, if a new better player emerges from nowhere
he will still not be considered better than maradona. the truth is Maradona will remain the best
mildfield footballer that ever played irrespective of who emerges to surpass his form.

Therefore, make Drogba blow im trumpet well well
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by marlet01(m): 5:17pm On Nov 29, 2006
actually i never had Drogba making that statement until of recent,
and i don't know what prompted him to make such a lousy statement but he should know that before he was,there was always a Thierry Henry and he has alot of catching up to do before he could get close to him (THIERRY HENRY).
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by exu(m): 6:30pm On Nov 29, 2006
The fact here is that as an African player if you don't blow your trumpet
No media will blow it for you.

Unless you happen to be Eusebio, George Weah. Patrick Vieira, Samuel Eto'o or Mama Diarra. You know, a good footballer.

This isn't about being 'African' it's about being consistently good.

Don't make this into something it isn't.

p.s.
Okocha got plenty of press every time the World Cup came around because it was widely accepted that he was always exemplary for the national team.
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by lalaboi(m): 7:06pm On Nov 29, 2006
@IBEXY

drogba was 8th.
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by kitaun(m): 7:26pm On Nov 29, 2006
@Lala

Keep weeding u hear grin grin

Is 8th position supposed to be an enviable position for someone who feels he has hit it big time?

@Deb

You hardly made sense with your post, i wonder why?

Did George Weah or Abedi Pele have to blow their trumpets to become the Legends they are now? or more recently Sam Etoo or even our J J Okocha? undecided

Did i hear you say Okocha was/is better than Maradona shocked shocked u best try Onyekachi Okonkwo being better than Ronaldinho!!! Nonsense angry angry
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by bagoma(f): 10:40pm On Nov 29, 2006
like nightrider said,
drogba should be excused for his "season" of madness.
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by Christino(m): 11:48pm On Nov 29, 2006
Even before Drogba said so, Mourinho had been boasting that he's the best in the world right now, since the finisher agains Barca.

Do you know if he'll get the chance to say that ever again, right now he's on top form and he is truly on top. Enjoy it while it lasts, so they say.Hope he can net 20 premiership goals a season wink

But after "trying to settle down" for two seasons, he has no excuse this third, and I think that's what he's trying to prove. Much respect to Igwe & RVN!
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by kitaun(m): 11:55pm On Nov 29, 2006
@Bagoma, good to have you back, pls just hold on, we'll get bye, all is well
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by danfulani2: 8:58am On Nov 30, 2006
dan banza shegen wawa! so which idiot actually said that drugba is betta dan henry? UR VERY VERY STUPID! i hate arsenal and all but i still think that the only playa dat can match himself to henry is Okocha. dat useless goal dat the drugba idiot scored during the aftrican cup of nations against nija was bullshit. the fucking goal was an offside and the idiot was happy to score an offside. Idiot, danboruo uban shi!
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by amodu(m): 9:17am On Nov 30, 2006
Man you be real Fulani cool grin
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by Grizzly(m): 1:44pm On Nov 30, 2006
IF Drogba really said so, its true,
Drogba is a hard worker, and right now in form,
He's still a young chap, and is set to achieve much mor,
I'll say no more tho
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by kitaun(m): 2:22pm On Nov 30, 2006
How young is he? For all i know Drogba is just few months younger than Henry, should we now believe that Providence would ever be as kind to him as to achieve over the next 5yrs what Henry has? At least by then Drogba would be 33 and probably playing in Qatar or Asec Mimosas, lol
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by jaybaby(f): 2:41pm On Nov 30, 2006
There is no doubt about the fact that Drogba has been hot this season but he can never be compared to Thierry Henry, perhaps he made a mistake when he said that, maybe he wanted to mention Shevchenko's name and not Thierry's.
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by gaby(m): 3:03pm On Nov 30, 2006
@jaybaby you are right, Drogba is not even better than our own Papillo they are both tied at 8 goals apiece, dont forget his collection of laurels as well, what can be said of Drogba(idiot mumfu)de cale coupe
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by kitaun(m): 4:50pm On Nov 30, 2006
@Jaybaby dear, hmmn, am sure u know this is unfamiliar terrain 4 u? Lol
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by danfulani2: 5:25pm On Nov 30, 2006
DAN BURO UBAN SHI, SHEGEN BANZA!. who lied to the idioit! is it b/cos he scored a goal on nigeria during the african cup of nations? it was even offside. BAN ZAN YARO im no no anything! WAWA CAWE!
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by kitaun(m): 5:30pm On Nov 30, 2006
*scratches head furiously*
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by IBEXY(m): 5:44pm On Nov 30, 2006
holy shit shocked

by now drogba should be hiding in the closet with all the anger and abuse spewing out of this thread grin
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by lalaboi(m): 5:47pm On Nov 30, 2006
@kitaun

u sed he wasn mentioned atall, n am telln u he was eight! Did u c writing anytin else?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Brighton Vs Liverpool (0 - 2) - On 12th March 2022 / Shakhtar Donetsk Vs Manchester United: UCL (1 - 1) On 2nd October 2013 / Ajax Vs Liverpool UCL (0 - 1 ) On 21st October 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.