Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,335 members, 7,954,364 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 05:36 PM

Causes Of Atheism - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Causes Of Atheism (7892 Views)

Communist Leaders Killed 250 MILLION Because Of Atheism. ATHEISM motivated them / The Absurdity Of Atheism - Article / Finally I Have Crossed The Bridge Of Agnostism Into The Land Of Atheism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Causes Of Atheism by winner01(m): 1:32am On Jun 19, 2016
happy sunday people

1 Like

Re: Causes Of Atheism by winner01(m): 7:44am On Jun 19, 2016
Good God.

1 Like

Re: Causes Of Atheism by dalaman: 8:18am On Jun 19, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

The appropriate rebuttal may not be necessary but let's address this anyway .

Does a supernatural Being need to obey natural laws ? I mean we have a God who is above nature and is the light of the world and he cannot make plants survive without sunlight You mean this same God that temporarily stopped the motion of the earth so that Joshua would decimate the enemies of Israel cannot do such ?

Such a God exist only in story books and books of mythology not in reality. After all Allah also made Mohammed the prophet of Islam to divide the moon into two and bow down to him. The way you confidently spew Jewish mythology as if it real is mind boogling. You have failed to show that the universe was created by a single entity that speaks Hebrew. You have failed to show that this imaginary entity that the Hebrews created in their minds created the universe and not the pantheon of Hindu Gods. Let's assume that the universe had a creator. Please prove to me with objective evidence that it wasn't created by the Hindu God Brahma but by the God of the ancient Jews Yahweh. How does the earth stop rotating in reality? Dont come up with your silly escapist tactics of I have faith and that is all that matters. If you say that then don't expect anybody to not laugh at you and take you for a mumu.

4 Likes

Re: Causes Of Atheism by dalaman: 8:23am On Jun 19, 2016
winner01:
I would have loved to agree with you. But you'd have know everything (omniscience) and be everywhere (omnipresent) to make such a claim.

Ravi Zacharias sums up my thoughts in this quote "To sustain the belief that there is no God, atheism has to demonstrate infinite knowledge, which is tantamount to saying, "I have infinite knowledge that there is no being in existence with infinite knowledge"

If there was a God you will not be telling anybody about it. How many atheist have you been able to convert? Infact how many catholics have you been able to convert and make them see things your way? You have tried and have failed terribly. No God that is alive and wants people to know him will rely on a failure like you. Only a God that lives inside your head will do that.

5 Likes

Re: Causes Of Atheism by dalaman: 8:24am On Jun 19, 2016
Why do people become atheist? The answer is simple: They got to realize that they were indoctrinated with imaginary ideas of Gods.

1 Like

Re: Causes Of Atheism by CltrAltDelicious(m): 9:39am On Jun 19, 2016
Everybody was born an atheist some of us just stop believing the lies we have been told since childhood smiley

1 Like

Re: Causes Of Atheism by cooooooks(m): 5:45pm On Jun 19, 2016
Religiousness or non-religiousness of a person is not an automatic determinant of propensity to grave offences.

winner01:
Your point being what exactly?

1 Like

Re: Causes Of Atheism by Antiparticle(m): 8:44pm On Jun 20, 2016
The number one cause of atheism (in a religious society) is unrestrained critical thinking.

1 Like

Re: Causes Of Atheism by Seun(m): 9:00pm On Jun 20, 2016
You missed the number one reason for atheism: the lack of any objective evidence of the existence of any God.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Causes Of Atheism by winner01(m): 9:03pm On Jun 20, 2016
Seun:
You missed the number one reason for atheism: the lack of any objective evidence of the existence of any God.
What exactly do you mean by evidence, anything could serve as evidence my brother.
Re: Causes Of Atheism by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jun 20, 2016
Many evidence in JERUSALEM and others....i love HINDU
Re: Causes Of Atheism by Nobody: 11:30am On Jun 21, 2016
Most atheists are just antichrist. Atheist is just a cool name to identify with. The rest are have just never had a real conviction of God.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Causes Of Atheism by KingEbukaNaija: 10:40am On Jun 26, 2016
Truth
Re: Causes Of Atheism by winner01(m): 9:08am On Jul 03, 2016
smiley
Re: Causes Of Atheism by Seun(m): 1:18pm On Jul 03, 2016
winner01:
What exactly do you mean by evidence, anything could serve as evidence my brother.
Somethinf like proof. Facta that support your beliefs
Re: Causes Of Atheism by winner01(m): 1:36pm On Jul 03, 2016
Seun:
Somethinf like proof. Facta that support your beliefs
The life of Jesus
The excellence of the Bible
My personal experiences
The rationality of the christian worldview itself
The arrow of available archaeological and scientific evidence which points to creation
The life and testimonies of other christians around me
The amount of devotion, bigotry, obsession, vituperation and other forms of attack against Christianity
The numerous attempts by non-believers to replicate the christian doctrine and water it down
The clarity of the supernatural
The products of religious minds: Past and Present.
The intellectual honesty of some atheists.......

And I can go on and on...Anything can serve as evidence for God for various individuals. Some find meaning with God.

The question is not what would serve as evidence, it is what would serve as enough evidence.
Re: Causes Of Atheism by winner01(m): 10:02am On Jul 17, 2016
Re: Causes Of Atheism by Kay17: 10:21am On Jul 17, 2016
Christians have been no better. Their primary trade seems to be hypocrisy

1 Like

Re: Causes Of Atheism by Kay17: 10:24am On Jul 17, 2016
winner01:

The life of Jesus
The excellence of the Bible
My personal experiences
The rationality of the christian worldview itself
The arrow of available archaeological and scientific evidence which points to creation
The life and testimonies of other christians around me
The amount of devotion, bigotry, obsession, vituperation and other forms of attack against Christianity
The numerous attempts by non-believers to replicate the christian doctrine and water it down
The clarity of the supernatural
The products of religious minds: Past and Present.
The intellectual honesty of some atheists.......

And I can go on and on...Anything can serve as evidence for God for various individuals. Some find meaning with God.

The question is not what would serve as evidence, it is what would serve as enough evidence.

My worries: how are you able to provide the existence of a metaphysical being in the absence of faith?!

In the absence of faith there can be no God. And a key element of faith is it's subjectivity

1 Like

Re: Causes Of Atheism by Touchnot01: 7:57pm On Jul 21, 2016
Kay17:

My worries: how are you able to provide the existence of a metaphysical being in the absence of faith?!

In the absence of faith there can be no God. And a key element of faith is it's subjectivity
We all have faith in one thing or the other.
Re: Causes Of Atheism by lastmessenger: 8:45pm On Jul 21, 2016
What'm do you believe in?
davien:
If you think this is the part where I'd follow you into a pitiful debate then you'd be wrong..

I'm very happy you don't have anything left up your sleeve but lies anymore because it makes my job that much more easier... what do you think would make theists into atheists more than lying?

So please carry on. smiley
Re: Causes Of Atheism by Kay17: 10:27pm On Jul 21, 2016
Touchnot01:
We all have faith in one thing or the other.

Then don't disguise faith as truth

2 Likes

Re: Causes Of Atheism by Touchnot01: 10:55pm On Jul 21, 2016
Kay17:

Then don't disguise faith as truth
Faith is true.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Causes Of Atheism by KingEbukaNaija: 1:17am On Jul 22, 2016
Kay17:

My worries about atheists : How can you prove life came forth from the non living seeing its apparent mathematical impossibility

There have been no evidence life did so without supernatural intervention but you believe anyway . Isn't that faith ?

1 Like

Re: Causes Of Atheism by Kay17: 6:21am On Jul 22, 2016
Touchnot01:
Faith is true.

But it's not truth.
Re: Causes Of Atheism by Kay17: 6:26am On Jul 22, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

My worries about atheists : How can you prove life came forth from the non living seeing its apparent mathematical impossibility

There have been no evidence life did so without supernatural intervention but you believe anyway . Isn't that faith ?

This is where the Achilles heel of you Christian apologists lie. You are unable to convince anyone but yourselves of the independent existence of your God so you come to batter the atheists fences on what they didn't say.

You come arguing about the impossibility of life arising from non life or that the Universe came from nothing and other red herrings which have nothing to do with establishing the positive existence of your God.

It shows how shallow your attempts at proving your God are. If you can't prove it beyond faith then shut up.

Be humble enough to admit ambivalence regarding the metaphysical

3 Likes

Re: Causes Of Atheism by KingEbukaNaija: 9:07am On Jul 22, 2016
Kay17:

This is where the Achilles heel of you Christian apologists lie. You are unable to convince anyone but yourselves of the independent existence of your God so you come to batter the atheists fences on what they didn't say.

You come arguing about the impossibility of life arising from non life or that the Universe came from nothing and other red herrings which have nothing to do with establishing the positive existence of your God.

It shows how shallow your attempts at proving your God are. If you can't prove it beyond faith then shut up.

Be humble enough to admit ambivalence regarding the metaphysical

You still didn't answer my questions dear . Let me repeat the questions

How can you prove life came forth from the non living seeing its apparent mathematical impossibility ?

Re: Causes Of Atheism by Kay17: 1:28pm On Jul 22, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

How can you prove life came forth from the non living seeing its apparent mathematical impossibility ?

You keep repeating the error I treated in my last post.
Re: Causes Of Atheism by Kay17: 1:29pm On Jul 22, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Is there evidence that supernatural intervention created life? that's what you ought to answer

1 Like

Re: Causes Of Atheism by KingEbukaNaija: 1:35pm On Jul 22, 2016
Kay17:

Is there evidence that supernatural intervention created life? that's what you ought to answer

Abiogenesis is impossible . Life from the non living needs the SUPERnatural - its common sense .

I see you don't want to admit that you show faith . There is lack of evidence that abiogenesis ever happened and its impossible but you chose to believe it did . Faith ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Causes Of Atheism by KingEbukaNaija: 1:36pm On Jul 22, 2016
Kay17:

You keep repeating the error I treated in my last post.

There's no error sis
Re: Causes Of Atheism by Kay17: 1:46pm On Jul 22, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Abiogenesis is impossible . Life from the non living needs the SUPERnatural - its common sense .

I see you don't want to admit that you show faith . There is lack of evidence that abiogenesis ever happened and its impossible but you chose to believe it did . Faith ?

I never said anything about abiogenesis. What the hell are you saying

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Questions For Atheists / Rccg Special Holy Ghost Service Live / Levitation: Float In Mid Air Live Demonstration [video]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.