Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,519 members, 7,826,956 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:43 AM

Why Are The Mighty Falling By Solomon Dalung. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why Are The Mighty Falling By Solomon Dalung. (532 Views)

Solomon Dalung Orders Amaju Pinnick To Step Down As NFF Boss / Solomon Dalung In Animal Skin Cultural Outfit (Photos) / Bash Ali Sues Solomon Dalung For N1billion For Assaulting Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Are The Mighty Falling By Solomon Dalung. by nex(m): 9:17am On Jun 13, 2016
I have been under intense criticism and accused of abandoning my job as Minister while usurping responsibilities of clerics as cover up for non- performance.
Let’s get the records right, Sunday Corner has been in existence for about three years. Many can attest to my disposition when peace, justice and love is at stake. I will prefer to an advocate for peace, love and justice than the current status.

In any case I have done my best and will continue but alongside advocacy because that’s the definition of my personality. Let me be remembered for that when long I have gone. Sunday Corner is here to stay, to God be the glory.

May I start by asking “why are the mighty falling?” Where is the ‘Big Boss’ Stephen Keshi, the Footballer, Captain, National Coach, ex-International? What is this news about him? He was billed to resume work as National Coach for Bafana Bafana of South Africa sometime this month, but he is no more. Is this life?

Coach Amodu Shaiubu, so many times National coach and one of the longest serving members of the National Technical Team suddenly disappeared yesterday morning. Infact, he has since been buried according to Islamic rites. He followed Keshi within few days interval, but to where? This is the one million Naira question on the mind of every mortal. “Why are the mighty falling?”

What is happening to the football family? There has been war of attrition for leadership in NFF, it’s a fierce battle where much damage has been done to relationships. The news about Soccer has been that of crisis between Amaju versus Giwa, while Dalung who inherited it is at the receiving end. Suddenly, God has changed the narratives and the house has been thrown into mourning mood. Where did they disappear to?

“Then I saw a great white throne and the one who is seated on it. Before his face both earth and heaven fled away, and no place was found for them. I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne, and scrolls were opened.

Another scroll was opened too; this is the scroll of life. And the dead were judged on the basis of what was written in the scrolls about what they had done….

This, the fiery lake, is the second death. Then anyone whose name wasn’t found written in the scroll of life was thrown into the fiery lake.” Rev. 20:11-15

I met with the two departed sports icons not too long ago especially Coach Amodu who came to my office and submitted a blue print of how to move Nigerian football forward. He also narrated his predicament which included non-payment of his five months’ salaries and that since his relocation to Abuja, his employers had not provided him with accommodation, so he was squatting. He was full of pains, I observed.

I promised to look into it which I instructed accordingly. I am told he has gone. Is this life where we are here today then will suddenly disappear next day?
Sorry I can’t continue. My eyes are full of tears and my heart is heavy. Happy Sunday.

Solomon Dalung is the Minister Of Sports

Source: http://www.barbaric.com.ng/mighty-falling-solomon-dalung/

(1) (Reply)

The Nigerian Professional Football League Standings After Week 22 / African World Cup Qualifiers: Nigeria In Group Of Death. Find Out Why! / Roy Hodgson Quits As England Manager Following Shock Defeat To Iceland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.