Stats: 3,193,942 members, 7,952,796 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:19 AM

Ooni Ogunwusi At The 41st Odunde Festival In Philadelphia, USA (photos) - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ooni Ogunwusi At The 41st Odunde Festival In Philadelphia, USA (photos) (23091 Views)

Ooni Ogunwusi At Howard University In Washington DC. Photos / Oyinbo People Greet Ooni Ogunwusi At A Get-Together In New York.Pics / Ooni Ogunwusi At Ogun Drums Festival - Photos (2) (3) (4)

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi At The 41st Odunde Festival In Philadelphia, USA (photos) by Africanspirit(m): 2:59pm On Jun 13, 2016
Nice one from HRM,oni of ile-ife.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi At The 41st Odunde Festival In Philadelphia, USA (photos) by Richy4(m): 3:00pm On Jun 13, 2016
I love the culture. but the idea of an adult male that probably got wife and family sitting on the floor in this 21st century is what i can't understand.

it is kind of degrading to me. i don't know if i am the only one having this feeling.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi At The 41st Odunde Festival In Philadelphia, USA (photos) by lavenjcrown(m): 3:02pm On Jun 13, 2016
NIce one out there. Happy odunde festival day. Which I was there. Well, there is always another year. Luv ur presence there@ ooni ogunwusi.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi At The 41st Odunde Festival In Philadelphia, USA (photos) by Drsheddy(m): 3:02pm On Jun 13, 2016
ADVICE TO NIGER DELTAN AVENGERS
From Dr Ben: Keep on keeping on.
Pls don't listen t o anybody advising you against pipeline vandalization. Keep it up. Deal with Buhari(Pharaoh), APC & northern hegemony. Destroy your land so that the people of Katsina will suffer. Before you detonate the next bomb & blow up the next pipeline, think again.
The Ogoni land is getting cleaned up & soon commercial fishing will commence. Your friend in Enugu that is urging you on is going back to farm, Enugu will soon be one of the leading producers of banana & pineapple in the world in collaboration with a Mexican company.
Your friend in Lagos is urging you on to destroy ur land but he is going to Kebbi to get farmlands for rice farming. Meanwhile they have also started drilling oil in Lagos. Wait, Kebbi will soon feed the whole country & export. Tuta absoluta attacked Kano, Jigawa & some northern states & you catch cold in your Creek. Your brother in Edo will soon be supplying the whole country with tomatoes due to Igbinedion university.
Are you thinking already?
Norway want to eliminate all cars using fossil fuel by 2025.
The world is moving on my brothers. You think you are sabotaging Buhari but he is gradually settling down into govt. Boko haram has been largely decapitated & the world recognizes that. Anti corruption fight is progressing.
About 3 trillion naira was announced recently as recovered & frozen loots. That's money stolen by the love of your life. Money that could have been used to develop the Creek. Money that would have connected you with roads, bridges & other amenities.
They stole it & gave you guns to go into the Creeks. How many among the love of your life can spend a night with you where you are right now? Where are their children?
I heard your beloved PDP has zone presidency to the north for 2019 election. The same north you so much hate. The same north that is dominating you. Can't you see they are just deceiving you? You are not their concern. Their concern is the loots from the oil produced on your land.
They don't care if you destroyed the land. They have no plan to live there. How many refineries have they built for you with all the looting. They love you so much to keep you on 65k per month but cannot give you basic education to emancipate you. Are their children handling guns and sleeping in the creeks with you?
Pls don't drop your arms. Destroy the environment to get at Buhari. But when you are alone pls read this over again.
Dr Ben.

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi At The 41st Odunde Festival In Philadelphia, USA (photos) by syjaye(m): 3:05pm On Jun 13, 2016
Oodua a GBE wa o.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi At The 41st Odunde Festival In Philadelphia, USA (photos) by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jun 13, 2016
The festival attracts UP TO 500,000 people annually and is the largest African American street festivals held in the country.

Son, the amount of potential that lies in tourism in Yorubaland is crazy. The culture is the most dominant West-African Culture
outside Africa but all these old school men we parade as governors are just too uncreative for my liking.

And not only in tourism , everything generally. The money in Yorubaland keeps staring them in the eye but they have no
clue on how to get it

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi At The 41st Odunde Festival In Philadelphia, USA (photos) by Oyinda32(m): 3:16pm On Jun 13, 2016
scholes0:
Isn't the expression of Yoruba culture not just a Joy to watch and a pleasure to the senses?
I love Yoruba Culture, The best in the World!

To learn more about the Yoruba culture, history and people, then follow @Yoruba_connect on IG

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi At The 41st Odunde Festival In Philadelphia, USA (photos) by ideylaff: 3:17pm On Jun 13, 2016
publicenemy:
Rubbish!
he should visit the Queen of England instead of these street carnivals like a street boy. Visiting common Obafemi Martins to beg for money to buy flight tickets.

I wonder when he will visit Linda Ikeji or Corssy Orjako to beg to suck breaast.

Haba the Obafemi Martins visit was meant to be a private visit. Obafemi kicked it off by all of a sudden putting the picture on social networks

Obas are allowed to have private lives.

The visit was never official.

Agreed he has to tone down his visits a bit I think

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi At The 41st Odunde Festival In Philadelphia, USA (photos) by olumalcolm(m): 3:19pm On Jun 13, 2016
publicenemy:
Rubbish!
he should visit the Queen of England instead of these street carnivals like a street boy. Visiting common Obafemi Martins to beg for money to buy flight tickets.

I wonder when he will visit Linda Ikeji or Corssy Orjako to beg to suck breaast.
its written boldly in ur name. Wasted semen

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi At The 41st Odunde Festival In Philadelphia, USA (photos) by ifenes(m): 3:26pm On Jun 13, 2016
Its a great feeling being Yoruba, say no to tribalism

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi At The 41st Odunde Festival In Philadelphia, USA (photos) by ifenes(m): 3:29pm On Jun 13, 2016
Drsheddy:
ADVICE TO NIGER DELTAN AVENGERS
From Dr Ben: Keep on keeping on.
Pls don't listen t o anybody advising you against pipeline vandalization. Keep it up. Deal with Buhari(Pharaoh), APC & northern hegemony. Destroy your land so that the people of Katsina will suffer. Before you detonate the next bomb & blow up the next pipeline, think again.
The Ogoni land is getting cleaned up & soon commercial fishing will commence. Your friend in Enugu that is urging you on is going back to farm, Enugu will soon be one of the leading producers of banana & pineapple in the world in collaboration with a Mexican company.
Your friend in Lagos is urging you on to destroy ur land but he is going to Kebbi to get farmlands for rice farming. Meanwhile they have also started drilling oil in Lagos. Wait, Kebbi will soon feed the whole country & export. Tuta absoluta attacked Kano, Jigawa & some northern states & you catch cold in your Creek. Your brother in Edo will soon be supplying the whole country with tomatoes due to Igbinedion university.
Are you thinking already?
Norway want to eliminate all cars using fossil fuel by 2025.
The world is moving on my brothers. You think you are sabotaging Buhari but he is gradually settling down into govt. Boko haram has been largely decapitated & the world recognizes that. Anti corruption fight is progressing.
About 3 trillion naira was announced recently as recovered & frozen loots. That's money stolen by the love of your life. Money that could have been used to develop the Creek. Money that would have connected you with roads, bridges & other amenities.
They stole it & gave you guns to go into the Creeks. How many among the love of your life can spend a night with you where you are right now? Where are their children?
I heard your beloved PDP has zone presidency to the north for 2019 election. The same north you so much hate. The same north that is dominating you. Can't you see they are just deceiving you? You are not their concern. Their concern is the loots from the oil produced on your land.
They don't care if you destroyed the land. They have no plan to live there. How many refineries have they built for you with all the looting. They love you so much to keep you on 65k per month but cannot give you basic education to emancipate you. Are their children handling guns and sleeping in the creeks with you?
Pls don't drop your arms. Destroy the environment to get at Buhari. But when you are alone pls read this over again.
Dr Ben.

Very nice! The world is moving away from fuel pretty much soon and what will they have? Nothing but polluted land destroyed with bombs and hunger.

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi At The 41st Odunde Festival In Philadelphia, USA (photos) by meltiplexer: 3:41pm On Jun 13, 2016
publicenemy:
Rubbish!

Na you get your mouth,you are jealous of the man ni, abeg go i find something to do jooooooooooooooooo
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi At The 41st Odunde Festival In Philadelphia, USA (photos) by fittty(m): 3:45pm On Jun 13, 2016
Disappointed! First drove over an hour to find parking. Secondly the food vendors didn't have typical Yoruba food like Amala, fufu, egusi... Looked more like Jamaican food vendors. Only few good things were were the African cloths and art works. One of the DJ's did a good job playing Fela's music and got people dancing.

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi At The 41st Odunde Festival In Philadelphia, USA (photos) by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jun 13, 2016
olapluto:
This Oba is redefining kingship in Yorubaland. He even takes his 'ilari' guards with him to yankee. See palace guards wearing designer wrist watch.
my guy I think say nah only me see d wrist watch......can u imagine that working class people they find it hard to enter yankeee....lol
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi At The 41st Odunde Festival In Philadelphia, USA (photos) by macof(m): 3:54pm On Jun 13, 2016
Richy4:
I love the culture. but the idea of an adult male that probably got wife and family sitting on the floor in this 21st century is what i can't understand.

it is kind of degrading to me. i don't know if i am the only one having this feeling.

but the man is not complaining

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi At The 41st Odunde Festival In Philadelphia, USA (photos) by olanshile2016(m): 3:58pm On Jun 13, 2016
GREAT
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi At The 41st Odunde Festival In Philadelphia, USA (photos) by Shym3xx: 4:07pm On Jun 13, 2016
sukkot:
wink

Shym3xx

Now, this is nice and I laud it. Look at the black faces smiling...that's what I was expecting not some lousy nonsense about Obama who doesn't care about no Ooni of Ife and New York declaring something. You don't run after folks who don't care about you - you stick with people who care. I want to see Oyotunji as well.

Anyway, why didn't you bless the Olokun thread? You ran away from the gods of ya ancestors cos of white Jesus, yet you'll claiming that you're some type of superior Yoruba clown, you white man's slave loool. You Yoruba of convenience and Arab/White gods worshippers always make me laugh...frauds. Ya ancestors most likely worshipped Olokun cos you're also a coastal Yoruba...but you hate the gods of ya ancestors and traded them for the White man's man-made god and medieval story book of allegories lol.

And where the Crown heights neek at? I hope the Jews and Dominicans who run crown heights haven't kidnapped that clown for trying to act hood lol.

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi At The 41st Odunde Festival In Philadelphia, USA (photos) by sukkot: 4:20pm On Jun 13, 2016
Shym3xx:

Now, this is nice and I laud it. Look at the black faces smiling...that's what I was expecting not some lousy nonsense about Obama who doesn't care about no Ooni of Ife and New York declaring something. You don't run after folks who don't care about you - you stick with people who care. I want to see Oyotunji as well.

Anyway, why didn't you bless the Olokun thread? You ran away from the gods of ya ancestors cos of white Jesus, yet you'll claiming that you're some type of superior Yoruba clown, you white man's slave loool. You Yoruba of convenience and Arab/White gods worshippers always make me laugh...frauds. Ya ancestors most likely worshipped Olokun cos you're also a coastal Yoruba...but you hate the gods of ya ancestors and traded them for the White man's man-made god and medieval story book of allegories lol.

And where the Crown heights neek at? I hope the Jews and Dominicans who run crown heights haven't kidnapped that clown for trying to act hood lol.
when they ban this your ID again you will come running to me like a lil girl asking if I reported you like you did crying yesterday after your sirshymmexx ID was slammed into the bottomless pit. i done gave you the game but you are a poor student. the game is ' reserve crass comments for when threads have gone past frontpage into the vaults of NL history ' . but you arent smart enough to assimilate this modus operandi into your trolling
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi At The 41st Odunde Festival In Philadelphia, USA (photos) by tickles2luv2016(m): 4:28pm On Jun 13, 2016
publicenemy:
Rubbish!

Why the king of ur village no visit queen of england,and linda.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi At The 41st Odunde Festival In Philadelphia, USA (photos) by cosade(m): 4:28pm On Jun 13, 2016
publicenemy:
Rubbish!

A well brought person does not insult elders not to talk of a paramount king.

For your information, Oni Adeyeye Ogunwusi has been a multi-millionaire before ascending the throne of his fore fathers.

His bio on the website of Imperial Homes Mortgage Bank Limited (a subsidiary of GTBank Plc) on which board he sits as non executive director, reads, “Mr. Ogunwusi is a graduate of Accountancy and a certified member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria and of the Institute of Management.
“He has been involved in engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) contracts locally and abroad for over 11 years.
“He was involved in the development of the Northern Foreshore Estate, Cityscape International Limited’s Buena Vista project in Lekki, Primewaterview Limited’s projects, Westcom Limited’s projects, and the Ajaokuta Steel’s and Delta Steel’s resuscitation projects.
“Adeyeye (Ogunwusi) is currently the Managing Director of Howard Roark Gardens Limited which is undertaking multi-million naira Jacob Mews Estate project in Yaba and the Lakeview real estate development in Lekki.”

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi At The 41st Odunde Festival In Philadelphia, USA (photos) by jantavanta(m): 4:30pm On Jun 13, 2016
Fruit and Flowers. Totally Supported. I will be there one day.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi At The 41st Odunde Festival In Philadelphia, USA (photos) by Shym3xx: 4:43pm On Jun 13, 2016
sukkot:
when they ban this your ID again you will come running to me like a lil girl asking if I reported you like you did crying yesterday after your sirshymmexx ID was slammed into the bottomless pit. i done gave you the game but you are a poor student. the game is ' reserve crass comments for when threads have gone past frontpage into the vaults of NL history ' . but you arent smart enough to assimilate this modus operandi into your trolling

Lol, when did I start giving a fvck about a ban? It takes me just one minute to create a new "shymmex" handle lol. No, I'm too real to let inconsequential clowns who no one gives a fvck about in the real world dictate what I should do to me. This is my style on here and I'm not changing it for no clown lol.

Anyway, don't change the topic, fake Yoruba warrior. Why did you run from Olukun, the god of ya ancestors? Lol. White Jesus made you do it, no? Next time you tell me about being some type of Yoruba, I will biitch slap ya arse lol.

I'm three year veteran (in retirement now) of tribal wars on here with more ranks and medals than Idi Amin. And I don't run from Yoruba gods/history/culture/tradition. However, You're still a rookie in tribal warfare and you abhor Yoruba gods/history/tradition/culture, yet you had the audacity to question me? Imma have to tell the gods to slap you on my behalf, you fraud lool.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi At The 41st Odunde Festival In Philadelphia, USA (photos) by sukkot: 4:47pm On Jun 13, 2016
Shym3xx:

Lol, when did I start giving a fvck about a ban? It takes me just one minute to create a new "shymmex" handle lol. No, I'm too real to let inconsequential clowns who no one gives a fvck about in the real world dictate what I should do to me. This is my style on here and I'm not changing it for no clown lol.

Anyway, don't change the topic, fake Yoruba warrior. Why did you run from Olukun, the god of ya ancestors? Lol. White Jesus made you do it, no? Next time you tell me about being some type of Yoruba, I will biitch slap ya arse lol.

I'm three year veteran (in retirement now) of tribal wars on here with more ranks and medals than Idi Amin. And I don't run from Yoruba gods/history/culture/tradition. However, You're still a rookie in tribal warfare and you abhor Yoruba gods/history/tradition/culture, yet you had the audacity to question me? Imma have to tell the gods to slap you on my behalf, you fraud lool.
Here I was thinking you were enlightened. I guess I was wrong. Jesus Christ is black not white. the bible tells you he is black. hope you have been enlightened wink
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi At The 41st Odunde Festival In Philadelphia, USA (photos) by antispexish(m): 4:56pm On Jun 13, 2016
Richy4:

What that guy is doing sitting down, is more than what all the queen security do standing up for hours!
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi At The 41st Odunde Festival In Philadelphia, USA (photos) by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jun 13, 2016
sukkot:
lol! U guys are funny.

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi At The 41st Odunde Festival In Philadelphia, USA (photos) by sukkot: 5:37pm On Jun 13, 2016
janellemonae:
lol! U guys are funny.
grin wink
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi At The 41st Odunde Festival In Philadelphia, USA (photos) by localblood(m): 6:06pm On Jun 13, 2016
Burst my head!!!!

Great culture

100% OMODUA.

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi At The 41st Odunde Festival In Philadelphia, USA (photos) by Shym3xx: 6:20pm On Jun 13, 2016
sukkot:
Here I was thinking you were enlightened. I guess I was wrong. Jesus Christ is black not white. the bible tells you he is black. hope you have been enlightened wink

Lmao @ this clown. You're so enlightened, yet you don't know that the Biblical Jesus was a Council of Nicea creation under Emperor Constantine and the first image of Jesus was the image of Constantine. And subsequently, Michelangelo changed the image to a new one and that's the image you lot carry around today lol. The story of Jesus was a plagiarised story, no real human being, white or black, lived that story, you clown lol.

Anyway, this is why I stopped fvcking with the Yoruba clowns on this forum and why I left the other Yoruba forum. While those clowns think sucking Tinubu and APC's nuts with a gift of servitude to Buhari/Fulani is what makes them Yoruba - your neeky arse think fighting tribal wars is what makes you Yoruba. And you and the other clowns are so delusional that you think you're superior Yorubas to those who don't agree with ya obtuse and idiotic state-of-mind. You clowns don't even understand the essence of what being Yoruba is. grin

Song of the day...my chuuune...West Side Till I Die!

TQ - Westside

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEJQADXrLOw

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi At The 41st Odunde Festival In Philadelphia, USA (photos) by sukkot: 6:30pm On Jun 13, 2016
Shym3xx:

Lmao @ this clown. You're so enlightened, yet you don't know that the Biblical Jesus was a Council of Nicea creation under Emperor Constantine and the first image of Jesus was the image of Constantine. And subsequently, Michelangelo changed the image to a new one and that's the image you lot carry around today lol. The story of Jesus was a plagiarised story, no real human being, white or black, lived that story, you clown lol.

Anyway, this is why I stopped fvcking with the Yoruba clowns on this forum and why I left the other Yoruba forum. While those clowns think sucking Tinubu and APC's nuts with a gift of servitude to Buhari/Fulani is what makes them Yoruba - your neeky arse think fighting tribal wars is what makes you Yoruba. And you and the other clowns are so delusional that you think you're superior Yorubas to those who don't agree with ya obtuse and idiotic state-of-mind. You clowns don't even understand the essence of what being Yoruba is. grin

Song of the day...my chuuune...West Side Till I Die!

TQ - Westside

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEJQADXrLOw
another bout of un-enlightened drivel from you. Jesus Christ existed before the council of nicea. he existed in many empires under different reincarnation. in sumeria he was called Gilgamesh, in ancient kemet he is heru aka horus aka thoth aka tehuti in greek empire he was amor or eros or cupido and in the roman empire he was Jesus and hermes tresmegistus and apollo etc etc. hope you have being enlightened lol. nigga you are in darkness. complete darkness. the valley of dry bones. you are spiritually and intellectually in the bottomless pit undecided
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi At The 41st Odunde Festival In Philadelphia, USA (photos) by Shym3xx: 6:50pm On Jun 13, 2016
sukkot:
another bout of un-enlightened drivel from you. Jesus Christ existed before the council of nicea. he existed in many empires under different reincarnation. in sumeria he was called Gilgamesh, in ancient kemet he is heru aka horus aka thoth aka tehuti in greek empire he was amor or eros or cupido and in the roman empire he was Jesus and hermes tresmegistus and apollo etc etc. hope you have being enlightened lol. nigga you are in darkness. complete darkness. the valley of dry bones. you are spiritually and intellectually in the bottomless pit undecided

Lmao @ existed before Council of Nicea. But how come his story never made to the early bibles, before the Council of Nicea? So you actually believe a "saviour" who got his arse-whooped. Hanged on a cross to bleed to death. Then wake up after three days and start hiding. And subsequently, escaped into the sky? What type of weak saviour is that? grin If he could hide from those who killed him after waking up - what makes you think he can save your arse? Look no further than how black people have been praying to him for over 400 years since the white man introduced them to him, yet black people are the most disadvantaged people on the planet.

Also, you also believe the white man who named the first slave ship Jesus and forced you to accept the religion he used in enslaving you would actually give you something that will save you on a platter? When have white folks ever been that nice?

The Jesus story was copied from the Egyptian Horus story. Horus never walked this planet as well - he was an allegory and part of Egyptian folklore.

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi At The 41st Odunde Festival In Philadelphia, USA (photos) by sukkot: 6:53pm On Jun 13, 2016
Shym3xx:

Lmao @ existed before Council of Nicea. But how come his story never made to the early bibles, before the Council of Nicea? So you actually believe a "saviour" who get his arse-whooped. Hanged on a cross to bleed to death. Then wake up after three days and start hiding. And subsequently, escaped into the sky? What type of weak saviour is that? grin If he could hide from those who killed him after waking up - what makes you think he can save your arse? Looking no further than how black people have been praying to him for over 400 years since the white man introduced them to him, yet black people are the most disadvantaged people on the planet.

Also, you also believe the white man who named the first slave ship Jesus and forced you to accept the religion he used in enslaving you would actually give you something that will save you on a platter? When have white folks ever been that nice?

The Jesus story was copied from the Egyptian Horus story. Horus never walked this planet as well - he was an allegory and part of Egyptian folktale.
it did. in the book of maccabees and enoch and all the apocryphal books that were streamlined before they condensed it into what is called the bible today.

and the bible is an allegorical book. nobody got physically hanged on a cross or whooped. that event didnt happen literally but an unenlightened negro like you wouldnt know that now would you ?
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi At The 41st Odunde Festival In Philadelphia, USA (photos) by Shym3xx: 6:58pm On Jun 13, 2016
sukkot:
it did. in the book of maccabees and enoch and all the apocryphal books that were streamlined before they condensed it into what is called the bible today.

and the bible is an allegorical book. nobody got physically hanged on a cross or whooped. that event didnt happen literally but an unenlightened negro like you wouldnt know that now would you ?

I know the bible is a book of allegories and none of the people in the bible walked this planet. And I also know Jesus was an allegory that represents constellation. But the white man gave the allegory an image and that's the image you lot worship. His story never made early bibles - Constantine added his story after COuncil of Nicea and they plagiarised Horus' story.

Also, most Christians today actually believe that a Jesus in human form existed and he's coming back to take them to heaven looooooool. And you also believe that shyte, hence you said he's black. Don't lie lool.

Why Do We Pay Bride Price In Nigeria? / Gbam! - Who Invented It? / Bandits Kill Abubakar Atiku Maidabino, Yantumaki District Head In Katsina

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84