Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,394 members, 7,812,159 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:14 AM

Is Islam A Religion Of Peace? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Islam A Religion Of Peace? (3311 Views)

Santeria: A Religion From Yoruba Practiced In North Caribbean, USA, Mexico / Islam A Religion Of Peace? / Is Christianity A Religion Of Peace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Islam A Religion Of Peace? by Emmahunk(m): 3:59pm On Jun 13, 2016
I am a Christian to the core but because many of my friends and colleagues are Muslims,I have continued to search for knowledge and understanding.
A Christian brother sent me the following questions with quotations from the Koran. To a layman like me, they sound like simple A B C but with my little knowledge of the Bible, I know that at times, quotations might have their interpretations. This is why I have brought this here for our Muslim brothers and sisters in Nairaland to help us out.
Please matured contributions only. No tribal or religious hatred. please.

Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Peace? by Temidayo9(m): 4:03pm On Jun 13, 2016
Is there any portion of the Quran that said you must follow all this? If not then, religion start from individual character.
Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Peace? by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jun 13, 2016
Op you can see for yourself. Look at the practices of Muslims all over the world, it will give you the answer you seek

1 Like

Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Peace? by Annunaki(m): 5:26pm On Jun 13, 2016
Even mohammed admitted he was a terrorist. Labelling islam a religion of peace is a misnomer invented by modern day apologists to deceive the gullible into thinking islam is a good religion.

1 Like

Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Peace? by MDsambo: 5:29pm On Jun 13, 2016
Get to know what Islam is first before trying to know who is a muslim then yhu can judge.

Because not all muslims are practicing what Islam teaches

1 Like

Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Peace? by Annunaki(m): 7:31pm On Jun 13, 2016
MDsambo:
Get to know what Islam is first before trying to know who is a muslim then yhu can judge.

Because not all muslims are practicing what Islam teaches

Exactly, the peaceful muslims are not following the true teachings of islam. They are the ones the quoran refers to as hypocrites and fake muslims.
Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Peace? by Slikbae: 7:56pm On Jun 13, 2016
Waiting for some foolish being to bring verses from the bible to counter this. As always, they defend their pedophile.
Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Peace? by Demmzy15(m): 8:32pm On Jun 13, 2016
Emmahunk:
I am a Christian to the core but because many of my friends and colleagues are Muslims,I have continued to search for knowledge and understanding.
A Christian brother sent me the following questions with quotations from the Koran. To a layman like me, they sound like simple A B C but with my little knowledge of the Bible, I know that at times, quotations might have their interpretations. This is why I have brought this here for our Muslim brothers and sisters in Nairaland to help us out.
Bro don't listen to them. Just go to playstore or apple store and download "iQur'an pro", check out the verses yourself, read from the beginning. To understand more about those verses, read commentaries(eg Ibn Kathir), it's available online!

2 Likes

Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Peace? by MDsambo: 9:53pm On Jun 13, 2016
Annunaki:

Exactly, the peaceful muslims are not following the true teachings of islam. They are the ones the quoran refers to as hypocrites and fake muslims.

No, those are the true muslim.

There is no religion that teaches voilence or something like that.

1 Like

Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Peace? by Annunaki(m): 6:08am On Jun 14, 2016
MDsambo:

No, those are the true muslim.

There is no religion that teaches voilence or something like that.

Obviously you don't know the true teachings of mohammed.
Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Peace? by Blackfire(m): 12:48pm On Jun 14, 2016
Islam dosent mean PEACE. . .
IT MEANS to SUBMIT like a slave to your slave owner.

*sips kunu*
Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Peace? by Emmahunk(m): 12:32pm On Jun 15, 2016
Demmzy15:
Bro don't listen to them. Just go to playstore or apple store and download "iQur'an pro", check out the verses yourself, read from the beginning. To understand more about those verses, read commentaries(eg Ibn Kathir), it's available online!

Thanks a lot. Meaningful and educative responses like this are what I have been waiting for. Will check it out ASAP

2 Likes

Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Peace? by Demmzy15(m): 2:30pm On Jun 15, 2016
Emmahunk:

Thanks a lot. Meaningful and educative responses like this are what I have been waiting for. Will check it out ASAP
You're blessed, I really wish many were like you.

1 Like

Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Peace? by Annunaki(m): 3:40pm On Jun 15, 2016
Would you smile if I called your mother a LovePeddler, ashawo aka olosho Ibadan?

@demmzy15 I had to come and reply you here cause the thread you made the daft statement above has been moved to that wasteland called islamic section and I would rather die than have the sahada appear on my profile. That said to answer your question, I will not smile cause you would be lying against my mother but if it was true I would be deeply ashamed. In the case of mohammed, authentic islamic sources confirm he was a notorious criminal so you should not only be upset but you should be ashamed of your 'prophet', islam and yourself for accepting a notorious criminal as a prophet.
Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Peace? by Demmzy15(m): 6:49pm On Jun 16, 2016
Annunaki:

@demmzy15 I had to come and reply you here cause the thread you made the daft statement above has been moved to that wasteland called islamic section and I would rather die than have the sahada appear on my profile. That said to answer your question, I will not smile cause you would be lying against my mother but if it was true I would be deeply ashamed. In the case of mohammed, authentic islamic sources confirm he was a notorious criminal so you should not only be upset but you should be ashamed of your 'prophet', islam and yourself for accepting a notorious criminal as a prophet.
Then this is double standards, you say your mother is not an ashawo because you know her right? OK let's see this, I have overwhelming proofs that she is a wh*ore, I know this. You curse my Prophet because of some documents which you have no knowledge about when in fact those documents are against you.

However, it can work for both of us like this. Your mum is not an ashawo because you know her well fully more than anyone and Prophet Muhammad(saw) is also not what you attribute to him because I as a Muslim know him more than you. So if you continue to curse and abuse him despite you not knowing him like I do, then I have the right to curse your mum despite not knowing her fully(I know her a little).

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Peace? by Annunaki(m): 8:51pm On Jun 16, 2016
Demmzy15:
Then this is double standards, you say your mother is not an ashawo because you know her right? OK let's see this, I have overwhelming proofs that she is a wh*ore, I know this. You curse my Prophet because of some documents which you have no knowledge about when in fact those documents are against you.

However, it can work for both of us like this. Your mum is not an ashawo because you know her well fully more than anyone and Prophet Muhammad(saw) is also not what you attribute to him because I as a Muslim know him more than you. So if you continue to curse and abuse him despite you not knowing him like I do, then I have the right to curse your mum despite not knowing her fully(I know her a little).

Rubbish, your knowledge of mohammed is limited to the thrash written in the quoran and his hadiths which form the basis of his sunnah. I have equal access to this authentic islamic documents as you have and they confirm beyond any iota of doubt that mohammed was a notorious criminal. No matter the amount of lies you tell will change the fact that mohammed was an armed robber, rapist, paedophile, murderer and genocidal maniac. I am not slandering mohammed, I am merely stating the facts about him that you and most muslims are too ashamed to admit even though you know it's true.
Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Peace? by Demmzy15(m): 2:22pm On Jun 17, 2016
Annunaki:

[s]Rubbish, your knowledge of mohammed is limited to the thrash written in the quoran and his hadiths which form the basis of his sunnah. I have equal access to this authentic islamic documents as you have and they confirm beyond any iota of doubt that mohammed was a notorious criminal. No matter the amount of lies you tell will change the fact that mohammed was an armed robber, rapist, paedophile, murderer and genocidal maniac. I am not slandering mohammed, I am merely stating the facts about him that you and most muslims are too ashamed to admit even though you know it's true. [/s]
Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Peace? by udatso: 4:27pm On Jun 17, 2016
Annunaki:

What a strategy! !!

Please give me the link of the thread he is talking about
Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Peace? by Annunaki(m): 5:21pm On Jun 17, 2016
udatso:

What a strategy! !!

Please give me the link of the thread he is talking about

Amebo tongue
Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Peace? by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jun 17, 2016
Islam is not the problem.....

Their Prophet and Role Models are undecided
Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Peace? by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jun 17, 2016
Islam is not the problem.....

Their Prophet and Role Models are undecided
Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Peace? by yetunsbay(m): 8:40pm On Jun 17, 2016
@op u can read this book .It in pdf online. Anyone irrespective of religion who truthfully want to learn & know abt ISLAM can download a pdf like I said:

"The
Misunderstood Religion- by Muhammad Qutb"

1 Like

Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Peace? by Presbulg(m): 8:43pm On Jun 17, 2016
Emmahunk:

This is how people with little or no understanding of the Quran quote it out of context in order to give 'Islam' a bad name. What you have to do is find a Quran with English translation. Then read those quotes from the 1st verse to the end NOT just the quoted part.
Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Peace? by Emmahunk(m): 4:35pm On Jun 18, 2016
Presbulg:

This is how people with little or no understanding of the Quran quote it out of context in order to give 'Islam' a bad name. What you have to do is find a Quran with English translation. Then read those quotes from the 1st verse to the end NOT just the quoted part.

Your comment would have been more helpful if you had bothered to take up just one of those quoted parts and given us a complete quotation and meaning of it.
If I had known the full quotation, I wouldn't have asked for clarifications. Let's learn to tolerate and understand each other rather than accusing each other always.
God bless you

1 Like

Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Peace? by Annunaki(m): 7:00am On Jun 19, 2016
Emmahunk:

Your comment would have been more helpful if you had bothered to take up just one of those quoted parts and given us a complete quotation and meaning of it.
If I had known the full quotation, I wouldn't have asked for clarifications. Let's learn to tolerate and understand each other rather than accusing each other always.
God bless you

You are absolutely correct, muslims love claiming that the numerous terror inspiring verses in the quoran are being quoted out of context but when you asked them to quote the right context, they either start manufacturing some lies to twist the verse or they runaway from the thread.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Altered/tampered Bible Versions, Is It Intentional? / The Most Popular Name In The World / 20,000 Muslims Screaming "Allahu Akbar" Storm Christian Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.