Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,249 members, 7,953,929 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:11 AM

How To Use Airtel 2GB And 6GB 2g Network Data On 3G Network - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Use Airtel 2GB And 6GB 2g Network Data On 3G Network (67370 Views)

How I Manage To Use My Airtel 2G Data Pack On 3G (PICS) / How To Use AIRTEL 2gb For 200 On 3g Normal Speed No App Needed Only Settings / How To Run Airtel 2gb And 6gb Plans On 3g Networks (bypass 2g Network Limit) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Use Airtel 2GB And 6GB 2g Network Data On 3G Network by seunope2004(m): 4:36pm On Jun 29, 2016
I can now browse using Airtel 2GB for N200 on 2g network on pc via modern, though, it is a little bit slow. I tried airtel sim card on a universal modern (HSDPA). I changed the network setting to "priority GPRS/EDGE" and "Only GPRS/EDGE" but each time i connect to internet it redirect me to airtel page that tells "Your current data balance is zero". After hours of trying, i decided to try it on mtn modern. This steps did the trick

1)I create a new profile on the mtn modern
2)set APN as internet.ng.airtel.com
3)On setting drop down menu i clicked on network and change the network option to from "3g preferred" to "2g only"
4) I also change the Band to GSM900/GSM1800/WCDMA2100, save changes and i started to browse with ease.

I hope this helps someone...
Re: How To Use Airtel 2GB And 6GB 2g Network Data On 3G Network by tankoy: 7:31pm On Jun 29, 2016
Endougs:
Am enjoying my surfing with the 2G network gat no time for all those process because of 3G network

I'm not a lucky one. Infinix hot note is so frustratingly slow. But I tried on friends techno c8, speed was ok
Re: How To Use Airtel 2GB And 6GB 2g Network Data On 3G Network by valsolo001(m): 7:32am On Jul 07, 2016
Earth2Metahuman:
speak for yourself my good man.

Glo speed is something else here. I sometimes had to hold on to something in other not to get blown away grin
It's like we are holding the same thing o coz I was almost blown away when watching live matches on my mobdro grin
Re: How To Use Airtel 2GB And 6GB 2g Network Data On 3G Network by bukasons: 2:38am On Aug 04, 2016
seunope2004:
I can now browse using Airtel 2GB for N200 on 2g network on pc via modern, though, it is a little bit slow. I tried airtel sim card on a universal modern (HSDPA). I changed the network setting to "priority GPRS/EDGE" and "Only GPRS/EDGE" but each time i connect to internet it redirect me to airtel page that tells "Your current data balance is zero". After hours of trying, i decided to try it on mtn modern. This steps did the trick

1)I create a new profile on the mtn modern
2)set APN as internet.ng.airtel.com
3)On setting drop down menu i clicked on network and change the network option to from "3g preferred" to "2g only"
4) I also change the Band to GSM900/GSM1800/WCDMA2100, save changes and i started to browse with ease.

I hope this helps someone...

Will give it a try.....
Re: How To Use Airtel 2GB And 6GB 2g Network Data On 3G Network by gamyy(m): 2:52am On Aug 04, 2016
i noticed dah if u use the 2gb 200, even with d steps above, twont go...except u use d 6gb 500, wch wl allow u 10mb every tym u swtch to 3g
Re: How To Use Airtel 2GB And 6GB 2g Network Data On 3G Network by Oghenetejirii(m): 11:28am On Sep 19, 2016
Tested the airtel 2gb on my android phone and discovered I couldn't open any other sites but facebook (I was able to do all that in the first 30mins but that was the MB from the card I recharged) As for facebook, it was on free mode and I couldn't get it off to data mode.

Ah! Airtel na wa
Re: How To Use Airtel 2GB And 6GB 2g Network Data On 3G Network by bukasons: 4:53am On Oct 21, 2016
Oghenetejirii:
Tested the airtel 2gb on my android phone and discovered I couldn't open any other sites but facebook (I was able to do all that in the first 30mins but that was the MB from the card I recharged) As for facebook, it was on free mode and I couldn't get it off to data mode.

Ah! Airtel na wa

Airtel is fucking up main time
Re: How To Use Airtel 2GB And 6GB 2g Network Data On 3G Network by gamyy(m): 11:47pm On Oct 24, 2016
bukasons:

Airtel is fucking up main time

mine is okay
Re: How To Use Airtel 2GB And 6GB 2g Network Data On 3G Network by Udezer69(m): 12:08am On Oct 26, 2016
Oghenetejirii:

Ah! Airtel na wa
Try viewing a picture... It should prompt you if you want to go out of free mode.... If it's doesn't it means the mode that allows you to switch from free mode to data mode or vice versa is off... Turn it on....

And I will advise everyone to go for the Airtel Blackberry for Android set up... 1k for 3GB accumulate and do 2k for 6GB works on 3G network... No need to root phone.. Just change the imei to a BB10 imei
Re: How To Use Airtel 2GB And 6GB 2g Network Data On 3G Network by Udezer69(m): 12:13am On Oct 26, 2016
I won't advice glo.... But I used it when they had the 500naira for 3GB on weekends ...it allowed me to do 1k for 6GB.... But i thing they've taken it down but the second plan is still active but to accumulate the second plan and still get 6GB it will no longer be 500 for 3GB it is now 600 for 3GB ...can be tethered and works well at night....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

MTN Announces Tariff Increase On Data From 1st December As Directed By NCC / Why You Should Avoid Keeping Your Mobile Phone Near You While Sleeping At Night / Danger Of Using Your CellPhone While Charging (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.