Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,021 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:57 AM

Music Producer OJB Is Dead, 3 Years After Kidney Transplant - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Music Producer OJB Is Dead, 3 Years After Kidney Transplant (495 Views)

Why I Didn’t Donate My Kidney To OJB Jezreel- Late Producer’s 3rd Wife / OJB Jezreel Burial: Shame On The Music Industry / Dr Sid Remembers Father, Justice Esiri After 3 Years (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Music Producer OJB Is Dead, 3 Years After Kidney Transplant by etibaba(m): 11:39am On Jun 14, 2016
Reports have emerged that Popular music producer, Babatunde Okungbowa,
popularly known as OJB Jezreel , is dead, Three Years After A Successful Kidney
Transplant Surgery In India.
He was said to have died early this morning, June 14, in a Lagos hospital, just one
month to his 50th birthday.
A family source claimed that his kidney transplant failed completely since last week.
Recall that the producer was down with kidney related disease, and consequently was
flown to India for a transplant in 2013. On October 21, the singer successfully
underwent the surgery at the Indian hospital.
After the successful surgery, OJB Jezreel , showered praises on his first wife,
Mama J, for being there for him and donating one of her kidneys to save his life.
While speaking after his arrival to the country from India, OJB revealed that despite
discouragement from family and friends, his wife still made the crucial donation to
save him, even at the risk of her life.
While describing his wife for the voluntary donation, OJB had this to say; “ She Is a Wonderful Person because it is one thing if God is telling you to do something but
another to do it. It takes a lot of courage to actually do it. Just as Jesus had made
the water for Peter to walk on, Peter needed a lot of courage to take that step and
that was what she did at that dying minute. Even when the doctors came to tell her
that they would have to cut her all the way to the back and would have to remove a
rib so they could have access to the kidney, she still agreed to go through it. It takes
courage to go through with it, so, I will say she is a courageous woman.”
www.vanguardngr.com/2016/06/music-producer-ojb-dead-3-years-kidney-transplant/
Re: Music Producer OJB Is Dead, 3 Years After Kidney Transplant by ibkgab001: 11:44am On Jun 14, 2016
Lord have mercy... RIP OJB

Hummmm I remember one nigga claiming he gave OJB 2Million naira but OJB debunk the claim ... This life shA
Re: Music Producer OJB Is Dead, 3 Years After Kidney Transplant by ihimiray(m): 11:47am On Jun 14, 2016
May his soul rest in peace
Re: Music Producer OJB Is Dead, 3 Years After Kidney Transplant by ihimiray(m): 11:47am On Jun 14, 2016
May his soul rest in peace [color=#990000][/color]

(1) (Reply)

Backup Plan - I-gist App For Android / But In Naija They Pay And Still Don't Get NOTHING... / Is Governor Masari Fighting A Lost Battle Or Is He Against Social Media

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.