Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,798 members, 7,820,799 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:57 PM

The Story Of Rebecca Adebimpe Adekola Aka IRETI - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / The Story Of Rebecca Adebimpe Adekola Aka IRETI (58925 Views)

Ireti Osayemi & Husband Bakky Adeoye Debunk News Of Marriage Crisis With New Pic / Ireti Doyle: My Skin Color Almost Made Me Lose My First TV Commercial / Tekno Tattoos 'Rebecca' On His Hand (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Story Of Rebecca Adebimpe Adekola Aka IRETI by moscobabs(m): 5:28pm On Jun 14, 2016
In the 1990s before the likes of Jenifa and the rest, Nigerian actress, Rebecca Adebimpe Adekola graced the screen of millions across the nation, especially lovers of Yoruba movies. Popularly known as Ireti, she dazzled many with her acting skills until her death on Friday, 27th September, 2002. The following are some of the movies she appeared in:

-IKE OWO
-AGBA AKIN
-OLAONIRAN
-23/24 LORO ILE AYE
-AYE AWA OBINRIN (the last movie she appeared in before her demise)
ALAMU S’ENIYAN
-ENIKAN O LAYE
-EDUNJOBI (brought her to limelight)
-AFINJU ALAPATA
-SIKIRA EREKO

http://.com/the-story-of-rebecca-adebimpe-adekola-aka-ireti/

Re: The Story Of Rebecca Adebimpe Adekola Aka IRETI by moscobabs(m): 5:32pm On Jun 14, 2016
Ireti was born in Abeokuta, Ogun State, where she also grew up. She was a producer, film writer, director and an outstanding actress. Unknown to many, her younger relative, Opeyemi (not Odunlade) Adekola is also an actor and was inspired to take to the thespian art because of his late aunty. While speaking with Naijarchives, Mr. Opeyemi Ohiomare Adekola explained that the late Ireti and his own dad were cousins. Ireti’s family are from Ogbomosho while Odunlade Adekola is from Otun Ekiti in Ekiti State although he was born in Abeokuta, Ogun State. I guess that lays to rest the popular rumour that Odunlade Adekola is Ireti’s younger brother. While an actress, the late Ireti was known for starring in many flicks alongside Taiwo Hassan aka Ogogo Omokulodo, also one of Nigeria’s most well-known actors in the Yoruba genre of Nollywood.

1 Like

Re: The Story Of Rebecca Adebimpe Adekola Aka IRETI by moscobabs(m): 5:33pm On Jun 14, 2016
Following her death, there was a spontaneous outpouring of grief across the nation. On the 30th September, 2002, her body in a glistening white coffin was on display for her last public appearance at the National Theatre, Iganmu Lagos before her burial. Ireti mentored many actress in her lifetime, grooming them to become stars in their own right, one of whom is Bisi-Ibidapo Obe aka Omo Logba Logba. Ireti was also the role model for Ibironke Ojo aka Ronke Oshodi-Oke.
HOW DID SHE GET THE NAME ‘IRETI’?
In 1993, Jide Kosoko released a movie titled Asiri Nla and in it, she acted the role of Ireti, and that was how the name stuck.
HER DEATH
Rebecca Adebimpe Adekola died after a brief illness due to some complications suspected to be from typhoid fever. She gave up the ghost at Unity Hospital, a private medical center in Surulere, Lagos State.
CREDITS AND REFERENCES:
1. Agogo Ayo: The Biography of the late Bimpe Adekola Ireti
2. Victola Videos
3. Moviemarkers.net
4. Opeyemi Adekola

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Story Of Rebecca Adebimpe Adekola Aka IRETI by aycorporat(m): 5:59pm On Jun 14, 2016
I love this woman and her acting skills were simply superb. As children we fell for her back then as her beauty captivated the television and viewers. I need more stories on her. Rest in perfect peace Edunjobi

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Story Of Rebecca Adebimpe Adekola Aka IRETI by jessejagga(m): 6:38pm On Jun 14, 2016
i once met her at national theater wen i was a kid !

3 Likes

Re: The Story Of Rebecca Adebimpe Adekola Aka IRETI by Larrey(f): 6:48pm On Jun 14, 2016
Blessed memory

1 Like

Re: The Story Of Rebecca Adebimpe Adekola Aka IRETI by shadrach77: 1:14am On Jun 15, 2016
This should make the front page . I really liked this lady's acting
I heard:
(1) she was the junior sister of ex Nigeria football international Adeolu Adekola
(2) she died of complications arising from hypertension
(3) She developed hypertension because her hubby married another woman
(4) She was reputed to be very quick tempered which probably aggravated her hypertension
(5) She once dated Ogogo and desperately wanted to marry Ogogo but he refused
(6) She trained and graduated from Ogogo's Odunfa Theatre Caucus

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Story Of Rebecca Adebimpe Adekola Aka IRETI by moscobabs(m): 6:41am On Jun 15, 2016
shadrach77:
I heard:
(1) she was the junior sister of ex Nigeria football international Adeolu Adekola
(4) She was reputed to be very quick tempered which probably aggravated her hypertension

it deserves front page
Re: The Story Of Rebecca Adebimpe Adekola Aka IRETI by Nobody: 7:01am On Jun 15, 2016
Stfuareugod u rembr dis lady?

Her name sounds familiar tho.. An trying to remember her
Re: The Story Of Rebecca Adebimpe Adekola Aka IRETI by tyson99(m): 7:41am On Jun 15, 2016
This life is vanity
Re: The Story Of Rebecca Adebimpe Adekola Aka IRETI by moscobabs(m): 8:20am On Jun 15, 2016
naughtynaughty:
Stfuareugod u rembr dis lady?
Her name sounds familiar tho.. An trying to remember her
she was a Yoruba actress used to work with ogogo and Yinka Quadri then.

1 Like

Re: The Story Of Rebecca Adebimpe Adekola Aka IRETI by moscobabs(m): 11:20am On Nov 04, 2016
tyson99:
This life is vanity
yes o just be gud
Re: The Story Of Rebecca Adebimpe Adekola Aka IRETI by moscobabs(m): 11:21am On Nov 04, 2016
jessejagga:
i once met her at national theater wen i was a kid !
what year was that?
Re: The Story Of Rebecca Adebimpe Adekola Aka IRETI by jessejagga(m): 2:15pm On Nov 04, 2016
moscobabs:

what year was that?
am not sure abt d year bt i think 1999 0r 2000 he don stay
Re: The Story Of Rebecca Adebimpe Adekola Aka IRETI by eluquenson(m): 8:47am On Jul 03, 2017
May her soul RIP, i could remember vividly her role in Owo Blow

1 Like

Re: The Story Of Rebecca Adebimpe Adekola Aka IRETI by Mustay(m): 1:04am On Jul 03, 2018
This is really going back into the old times.
Re: The Story Of Rebecca Adebimpe Adekola Aka IRETI by Zoey1: 11:33pm On Feb 25, 2019
She never dated Taiwo Hassan (Ogogo)
It was Yinka Quadri she dated ,who wanted to marry her but she didn't eventually.

shadrach77:
I heard:

(1) (Reply)

Sophia Momodu Bares Her Boobs In Push-up Bras Advert (Video, Photo) / Victor Osuagwu Pictured With Norsemen Confraternity Members In Ghana. Photo / Davido's Chioma Received A Surprise 26th Birthday Party, Hosted By Clark Adeleke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.