Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,636 members, 7,820,231 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:53 AM

Do U Have An Experience With NAPTIP? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do U Have An Experience With NAPTIP? (592 Views)

My Experience With Some Swindlers Yesterday. Always Be Watchful! / Marriage Is Not An Easy Journey Only Read If U Have Time. / Strictly For The Married ( How Often Do U Have Sex) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do U Have An Experience With NAPTIP? by shewar: 9:07am On Jun 15, 2016
My friend is in a very big trouble
Immigration went to her house last week to pick up her cotonou house help (an underage!), they saw signs of abuse, scars n marks from beating etc. She has been with them since.
She'll be transferred to NAPTIP by tomorrow.
Now am against what she did but as the saying goes....u can't throw a baby away with the bath water.
Am searching for information on how to help her in my own way. Is it likely she go to jail? How does this work? She's a widow with 2small kids, it'll be a nightmare if this ends badly. What steps can we take in rectifying this pls?
Tx in advance
Re: Do U Have An Experience With NAPTIP? by eyinjuege: 9:21am On Jun 15, 2016
Good to know our agencies like naptip are doing their jobs.
She has to face the consequences of her actions, and don't think of offering bribe cos that's another offence.
The best you can do is to get her a good defence attorney. Maybe her sentence may be reduced.
You do the crime, you pay the time

3 Likes

Re: Do U Have An Experience With NAPTIP? by InformedLola(f): 10:52am On Jun 16, 2016
shewar:
Immigration went to her house last week to pick up her cotonou house help (an underage!), they saw signs of abuse, scars n marks from beating etc. She has been with them since.
Now am against what she did but as the saying goes....u can't throw a baby away with the bath water.
Am searching for information on how to help her in my own way. Is it likely she go to jail? How does this work? She's a widow with 2small kids, it'll be a nightmare if this ends badly. What steps can we take in rectifying this pls?
Tx in advance

I'm trying hard to feel sorry for your friend, but sorry I can't.

I hate child abuse, and the best way to stop it is to let people know there are consequences for it by punishing those found guilty.

1 Like

Re: Do U Have An Experience With NAPTIP? by Nobody: 11:11am On Jun 16, 2016
A widow with 2 kids that understands the pros & cons of motherhood yet she still went ahead to abuse an underage because she's an ordinary househelp. Omo eniyan! I am not sorry for your friend.

Awon Omo cotonu ti daran lowo yin. Y'all think we are still in the slave trade era huh?

1 Like

Re: Do U Have An Experience With NAPTIP? by Ayofaks(f): 12:37pm On Jun 16, 2016
shewar:
Tx in advance
Re: Do U Have An Experience With NAPTIP? by Ayofaks(f): 12:39pm On Jun 16, 2016
shewar:
Tx in advance

It's better they throw away the baby with the bath water.. .

(1) (Reply)

4 Traditional Games Played In An Indian Wedding / 7 Recommendations To Help Dad And Mom Teach Kids At Home / HILARIOUS.. SEE WHAT THIS LITTLE BOY SAID TO HIS BROTHER..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.