Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,479 members, 7,816,132 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:12 AM

Husband Sets Wife On Fire In Benin (PHOTO) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Husband Sets Wife On Fire In Benin (PHOTO) (41128 Views)

Husband Sets Wife’s Private Part Ablaze Over Infidelity - Pictures / Man Sets Wife Ablaze In Ogun For Attending A Family Party (photo) / Wife Drugs Husband, Sets Him Ablaze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Husband Sets Wife On Fire In Benin (PHOTO) by midolian(m): 10:09am On Jun 15, 2016

Margaret on her hospital bed

A middle-aged man simply identified as Onya, has been arrested by the police in Benin, Edo State, for allegedly setting his wife, Margaret Onya, ablaze after a disagreement.

The incident occurred at 35, JB street, Ekosodin quarters, off Ugbowo-Lagos Road, Benin City.‎
The man was alleged to have poured petrol on his wife and set her ablaze with a match stick.
Margaret who suffered severe burns from the incident is now being treated at a private medical facility in Benin City.

Trouble started when Onya allegedly refused to attend the burial ceremony of his father in-law.
Neighbours said that though the funeral rites of the father in-law had been concluded, Margaret was not happy with her husband’s decision not to attend her father’s burial.

Elder brother of the victim, Mr. Julius Eteghe, who described the development as shocking, added that the incident happened late on Saturday.
On her part, Mrs. Margaret who spoke on her hospital bed said:

“We had a quarrel and my husband told me he would teach me a lesson. After our disagreement, I sat on the chair and my husband went inside, brought petrol and wanted to pour it on me.

“I held the jar and as we were dragging, I was shouting for help. He overpowered me and poured the contents on me and lit a match. I was saved by one of my neighbours who rushed into our apartment and put out the fire,” she stated.

Efforts to reach the State police spokesman, Abiodun Osifo, a Superintendent, was unsuccessful as calls put to his mobile phone went unanswered.
A source at the state police command, however disclosed that Onya has been detained.

Jethro Ibileke/Benin

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2016/06/15/angry-husband-sets-wife-ablaze-in-benin/

1 Share

Re: Husband Sets Wife On Fire In Benin (PHOTO) by Nobody: 10:24am On Jun 15, 2016
Some people are way heartless

I wonder how someone would go to sleep knowing fully well he sent someone else to hell
angry

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Husband Sets Wife On Fire In Benin (PHOTO) by pythonkid(m): 10:30am On Jun 15, 2016
too bad

1 Like

Re: Husband Sets Wife On Fire In Benin (PHOTO) by midolian(m): 10:38am On Jun 15, 2016
Women, the most confused creation ever.

I believe strongly that this woman wld still go back to live with with this insane man. They call it love angry

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Husband Sets Wife On Fire In Benin (PHOTO) by agarawu23(m): 11:23am On Jun 15, 2016
Hian!
Re: Husband Sets Wife On Fire In Benin (PHOTO) by loomer: 11:33am On Jun 15, 2016
First of all them say fuel scarce and expensive, but people get the one them dey use set others on fire.

Secondly, make men learn to avoid women wey dey annoying. Better leave the house and go find something do with ur precious time.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Husband Sets Wife On Fire In Benin (PHOTO) by davodyguy: 12:09pm On Jun 15, 2016
may she get well and ok
Re: Husband Sets Wife On Fire In Benin (PHOTO) by bumtos(m): 12:09pm On Jun 15, 2016
Na change cause am.

1 Like

Re: Husband Sets Wife On Fire In Benin (PHOTO) by frankyfresh(m): 12:09pm On Jun 15, 2016
“Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you......wicknedness in high places.

.Lord have mercy.....

be careful what you marry.

3 Likes

Re: Husband Sets Wife On Fire In Benin (PHOTO) by Dallazday(m): 12:09pm On Jun 15, 2016
hmmm, fear men, them get heart for back
Re: Husband Sets Wife On Fire In Benin (PHOTO) by doveda: 12:10pm On Jun 15, 2016
Actually t had nothing to do with her sex

There are many men who continue to ensure arcade wives. The relationship between a perpetrator and victim transcends sex. Also, there are several reasons why since windmill go back, love is but one of those reasons
midolian:
Women, the most confused creation ever.

I believe strongly that this woman wld still go back to live with with this insane man. They call it love angry
Re: Husband Sets Wife On Fire In Benin (PHOTO) by Dallazday(m): 12:10pm On Jun 15, 2016
frankyfresh:
R
jobless space booker spotted

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Husband Sets Wife On Fire In Benin (PHOTO) by kayc0(f): 12:11pm On Jun 15, 2016
Re: Husband Sets Wife On Fire In Benin (PHOTO) by harridon710(m): 12:11pm On Jun 15, 2016
burial fuel and fire, him what a bad combination
Re: Husband Sets Wife On Fire In Benin (PHOTO) by DaBullIT(m): 12:11pm On Jun 15, 2016
na dem
Re: Husband Sets Wife On Fire In Benin (PHOTO) by cassidy1996(m): 12:12pm On Jun 15, 2016
what a life.....
Re: Husband Sets Wife On Fire In Benin (PHOTO) by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jun 15, 2016
There's no justification for that act by her husband but she herself has a share in the blame.
Re: Husband Sets Wife On Fire In Benin (PHOTO) by Houseofglam7(f): 12:14pm On Jun 15, 2016
End time couple angry
Re: Husband Sets Wife On Fire In Benin (PHOTO) by lovelyjay: 12:17pm On Jun 15, 2016
quick recovery
Re: Husband Sets Wife On Fire In Benin (PHOTO) by justicejay(m): 12:18pm On Jun 15, 2016
Husband from hell. A coward and not a man.
Re: Husband Sets Wife On Fire In Benin (PHOTO) by blackpanda: 12:18pm On Jun 15, 2016
Women should learn to control their mouth
A wise woman knows how best to communicate with her husband with making him flare up

That said, this man should be jailed. There is no excuse for violence

1 Like

Re: Husband Sets Wife On Fire In Benin (PHOTO) by omanifrank(m): 12:18pm On Jun 15, 2016
na wa
Re: Husband Sets Wife On Fire In Benin (PHOTO) by blackpanda: 12:20pm On Jun 15, 2016
loomer:
First of all them say fuel scarce and expensive, but people get the one them dey use set others on fire.

Secondly, make men learn to avoid women wey dey annoying. Better leave the house and go find something do with ur precious time.

That means u neva jam better jezebel before. u aint going nowhere grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Husband Sets Wife On Fire In Benin (PHOTO) by sherif4owo(m): 12:20pm On Jun 15, 2016
Note: these ARE not the NORTHERNERS shocked
Re: Husband Sets Wife On Fire In Benin (PHOTO) by timilehing(m): 12:22pm On Jun 15, 2016
Ewww
Re: Husband Sets Wife On Fire In Benin (PHOTO) by juicydiceyjoe(m): 12:22pm On Jun 15, 2016
This incident happened in my neighbourhood and trust me, it was not funny at all, we were all trying to stop the fire from spreading to our compound...The fire was really intense.

Wish the woman speedy recovery.
Re: Husband Sets Wife On Fire In Benin (PHOTO) by truthspeaks: 12:22pm On Jun 15, 2016
Nawa oo
Re: Husband Sets Wife On Fire In Benin (PHOTO) by Lamor(f): 12:25pm On Jun 15, 2016
Ekosodin,the haven of the underworld.But wait o,u waited for ur husband to lit the matchstick?Wat happened to running wen he poured out the content in the keg.Some women sha.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Husband Sets Wife On Fire In Benin (PHOTO) by fpeter(f): 12:27pm On Jun 15, 2016
God forbid! Marriage is supposed to be beautiful not horrible or tolerated.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pastor Kayode Salami Arrested For Raping & Killing Adejoke Oloje In Ondo Church / Lagos Teenage Armed Robber Caught With Gun By Angry Mob (Video & Photos) / NDLEA Intercepts Parcels Of Crystal Meth In Heads Of Smoked Fish

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.