Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,185 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:57 AM

Is Islam Hated From Ignorance? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Is Islam Hated From Ignorance? (2117 Views)

Is Islam The Most Discriminated Religion In The World? / Is Islam Really For Poor People? / Is Islam Really A Religion Of Peace? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Islam Hated From Ignorance? by Nobody: 1:36pm On Aug 30, 2009
I have noticed recently or even years ago, the mention
of the word Islam or Muslims causes controversy, the question is
why so much negative views towards Islam? Majority of people speaking
about Islam or who give negative views are usually have had some kind of personal experience
with someone who's from an Muslim faith or simply from what they learnt from the media,
websites and so on. What is astonishingly hypocritical, is the way
people jump at the first occasion whenever Islam or Muslims are involved directly or indirectly,
before acquiring any proof, they start showing their hate and despise purely based
on what they heard or been told. People seem to forget a Muslim is human being like any other human being, with his weaknesses, with his natural instincts, with his human characteristics.
Why I get the feeling that a Muslim has no rights to a mistake?
It's OK when it's someone other than a Muslim.
I watch there's an endemic view of Islam across the board,
very few people come up with rational approaches to any situation that involves Islam or a Muslim.

Sometimes I laugh when people talk about democracy, human rights, freedom of speech.

see this

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=316939.msg4450988#msg4450988
Re: Is Islam Hated From Ignorance? by Nezan(m): 10:09am On Aug 31, 2009
When you see a relative of yours killed by a muslim suicide bomber who believes he is going to paradise by murdering people, you do nothing but hate anything islamic.
Re: Is Islam Hated From Ignorance? by olabowale(m): 2:48pm On Aug 31, 2009
i wonder what ill the chechens, say about russians? what will the iraqis and the afghanis say about christians?
Re: Is Islam Hated From Ignorance? by Nobody: 3:03am On Sep 01, 2009
rokiatu:

why so much negative views towards Islam?
Majority of people speaking
about Islam or who give negative views are usually have had some kind of personal experience
with someone who's from an Muslim faith or simply from what they learnt from the media,
people jump at the first occasion whenever Islam or Muslims are involved directly or indirectly,
before acquiring any proof, they start showing their hate and despise purely based
on what they heard or been told. People seem to forget a Muslim is human being like any other human being, with his weaknesses, with his natural instincts, with his human characteristics.
very few people come up with rational approaches to any situation that involves Islam or a Muslim.

Sometimes I laugh when people talk about democracy, human rights, freedom of speech.

see this

the level of hypocrisy here is just absurd. 50 yrs ago no one would have bothered if you were muslim or hindu. Does the OP want to PRETEND to us that she is truly unaware of why muslims have a negative rap today? Look no further than terrorism!
Re: Is Islam Hated From Ignorance? by olabowale(m): 3:41am On Sep 01, 2009
david, your ignorance sometimes border absurdity. you write as if anyone give a ragtag about christianity. hello, david, i see christianity as an upgraded hinduism/buhddism, and all the isms. afterall you all have more than one God and there is always an object of worship, the christian's is the man hanging on the cross. abeg let me hear words.

but then explain what is meant that Jesus was driven into the wilderness to preach while he abadoned the habitations of man, preaching to man in the wildernss? what about see the whole world all in a single glance on the top of the mountain, except that the world is not like a small carpet and there is no mountain high enough to see every part of a sphere in just one shot, except if one is allucinating, flying high as in under the influence!

thiese you will find in the pages of the bible. you are scientist, please think about it and have you taken me up on the skip a meal offer? you have to become muslim first, before it counts, and follow my recommendation.
Re: Is Islam Hated From Ignorance? by Nobody: 3:43am On Sep 01, 2009
olabowale:

david, your ignorance sometimes border absurdity. you write as if anyone give a ragtag about christianity. hello, david, i see christianity as an upgraded hinduism/buhddism, and all the isms. afterall you all have more than one God and there is always an object of worship, the christian's is the man hanging on the cross. abeg let me hear words.

but then explain what is meant that Jesus was driven into the wilderness to preach while he abadoned the habitations of man, preaching to man in the wildernss? what about see the whole world all in a single glance on the top of the mountain, except that the world is not like a small carpet and there is no mountain high enough to see every part of a sphere in just one shot, except if one is allucinating, flying high as in under the influence!

thiese you will find in the pages of the bible. you are scientist, please think about it and have you taken me up on the skip a meal offer? you have to become muslim first, before it counts, and follow my recommendation.

- you accused me of "ignorance" then went ahead to ramble on about stuff had NOTHING to do with the thread nor refuting the claims i made.

What is this drivel you typed?
Re: Is Islam Hated From Ignorance? by Nezan(m): 11:12am On Sep 01, 2009
Olabowale and mind games. grin

Are all russians christian?

All those soldiers in Iraq/Afghanistan, are they christian?

Were russians killing chechans in the name of Christ?, BTW, your terrorist utter 'allahu akbar' before launching their attack, meaning they are killing in the name of allah. shocked
Re: Is Islam Hated From Ignorance? by olabowale(m): 12:31am On Sep 02, 2009
@Nezan: « #6 on: Yesterday at 11:12:06 AM »
Olabowale and mind games.
Are all russians christian?
All those soldiers in Iraq/Afghanistan, are they christian?
Were russians killing chechans in the name of Christ?, BTW, your terrorist utter 'allahu akbar' before launching their attack, meaning they are killing in the name of allah
Nezan, there is something called follow the leader. The West are for the most part mainly Christians. Hence when the leadership like George Bush says its "Crusade", anyone with anything up there knows he was doing Christian works. When an active General in the US Military says that the Christian God is bigger than the Muslim God, we know that when he commands the soldiers to kill muslims, he was doing Christian works. When the Attorney General says that the Christian God sent His Son to die for their sins, while the Muslim God ask you to send your sons to die for Him, we know that he was doing Christian Works. And when a congressman says that the Mosque in Makka should be bombed to get the attention of the Muslims, we know that he is doing Christian works.

You may not say that you are fighting for Jesus, the same hypocrasy that will not let you truly turn your other cheek when push comes to shove, is showing up again, seeing that the military boys chalked the side of the bombs with "now you get your virgins," and others, we know that you are warring for Jesus.

@Daidylan: I think you did not notice my saying tat "no body cares about Christianity" as a response to your 50 yeas remark against islam.
Re: Is Islam Hated From Ignorance? by Nezan(m): 12:30pm On Sep 02, 2009
That does not explain away the fact that muslim terrorists recite the lines 'allahu akbar' before their attacks, meaning they are killing in the name of allah. BTW, soldiers and terrorists are two different english words with different meanings, no need trying to paint the two to look the same grin
Re: Is Islam Hated From Ignorance? by olabowale(m): 8:38pm On Sep 02, 2009
somebody's soldier is another person's terrorist! and i have heard many people say they are soldiers for jesus! I wonder what soldiers do, except kill?
Re: Is Islam Hated From Ignorance? by Nezan(m): 12:15pm On Sep 03, 2009
Do their recite allahu-akbar or not alhaji, no Christian has killed reciting God's name.
Re: Is Islam Hated From Ignorance? by Nobody: 1:47pm On Sep 03, 2009
Nezan:

When you see a relative of yours killed by a muslim suicide bomber who believes he is going to paradise by murdering people, you do nothing but hate anything islamic.
but those people should know that not all Muslims are like that.
how can they be so damn narrow-minded, to assume that all Muslims
are out to boomb them? Even in the Holy Qur’an it clearly says that
" Even in war innocents shouldn't be killed".
Re: Is Islam Hated From Ignorance? by Nezan(m): 4:12pm On Sep 03, 2009
Even in  the Holy Qur’an it clearly says that

Excerpt K 48:15-24
[48.15] Pickthall: , when you set forth to capture booty, [48.16], You shall soon be invited (to fight) against a people possessing mighty prowess; you will fight against them until they submit, [48.17] Pickthall: There is no blame, for the sick (that they go not forth to war). And whoso obeys Allah and His messenger [by going on Jihad], He will make him enter Gardens underneath which rivers flow; and whoso turns back [from Jihad], him will He punish with a painful doom. [48.18] Certainly Allah was well pleased with the believers when they swore allegiance to you under the tree, and He knew what was in their hearts, so He sent down tranquility on them and rewarded them with a near victory, [48.19] And much booty that they will capture. Allah is ever Mighty, Wise. [48.20] Allah promised you many acquisitions which you will take, then He hastened on this one for you and held back the hands of men from you, and that it may be a sign for the believers and that He may guide you on a right path. [48.21] Sale: And [he also promiseth you] other [spoils], which ye have not [yet] been able [to take]: But now hath God encompassed them [for you]; and God is almighty. [48.22] And if those who disbelieve fight with you, they would certainly turn (their) backs, then they would not find any protector or a helper. [48.23] Such [i.e., the Jihad mentioned the previous verse] has been the course [practice] of Allah that has indeed run before, and you shall not find a change in Allah’s course. [48.24] And He [Allah] it is Who held back, your hands from them [in Jihad] in the valley of Mecca,

Excerpt K 9:005
  , slay the idolaters wherever you find them, take them captives and besiege them and lie in wait for them in every ambush, 

these are instructions handed down by mohammed, aren't they?
Re: Is Islam Hated From Ignorance? by olabowale(m): 10:04pm On Sep 03, 2009
@Nezan: I dont know how to deal with your stiffened neck attitude, you stiff necked dude! Lol.
I wanted to response to you, but I thought its better that I give you a link where you can knock yourself out with the wealth of information in there.
So here it is; www.tafsir.com. That should do it. You will find many authors of Tafsir of Quran with references to ahadith where applicable.

Ibn Kathir is a good tafsir scholar. Now you have the key and i will be disappointed if you still continue to figget like you do not see.
Re: Is Islam Hated From Ignorance? by Nobody: 10:07am On Sep 04, 2009
olabowale:

@Nezan: I dont know how to deal with your stiffened neck attitude, you stiff necked dude! Lol.
I wanted to response to you, but I thought its better that I give you a link where you can knock yourself out with the wealth of information in there.
So here it is; www.tafsir.com. That should do it. You will find many authors of Tafsir of Quran with references to ahadith where applicable.

Ibn Kathir is a good tafsir scholar. Now you have the key and i will be disappointed if you still continue to figget like you do not see.
thank you jare
Re: Is Islam Hated From Ignorance? by Nezan(m): 10:24am On Sep 04, 2009
Is that what we are discussing? If you have points to counter my arguments, bring them here lets thrash them out.
Re: Is Islam Hated From Ignorance? by muhsin(m): 1:32pm On Sep 04, 2009
Yeah, of course. cool
Re: Is Islam Hated From Ignorance? by Nezan(m): 12:47pm On Sep 07, 2009
yeah?? was I discussing with you?
Re: Is Islam Hated From Ignorance? by olabowale(m): 5:52pm On Sep 07, 2009
@Nezan: « #1 on: August 31, 2009, 10:09 AM »
And when a muslim sees his/daughter, or son being raped, stripped naked to perform indecent sexual acts, killed and burnt, and said that the soldiers of Jesus are doing it, while ordinances that ridicle Islam kill many, I think, its not impossible for those people to hate Christianity and its cross, etc! Two, can play this game. Its Christians and Jews and Hindus and Sikhs, etc all together against islam, and you will not win. Impossible, by Allah.
Re: Is Islam Hated From Ignorance? by Nobody: 1:05am On Sep 08, 2009
rokiatu:

but those people should know that not all Muslims are like that.
how can they be so damn narrow-minded, to assume that all Muslims
are out to boomb them? Even in the Holy Qur’an it clearly says that

rokiatu's comment is just laughably dumb . . . i'm sorry. 19 muslims killed over 3000 innocent workers on 9-11 and Rokiatu is here telling that they are "damn narrow-minded" for assuming all muslims are terrorists? Ordinary maths - not all muslims are terrorists but ALL terrorists are muslim . . . then come back and tell those grieving families that the next 8 bearded muslims they sit with on the plane are just fun-loving, peaceful muslims.

The quran says even in war innocents shld not be killed, the problem is that the quran is itself a very deceptive book. Who is the innocent in war? The infidels who shld be killed anyway?
Re: Is Islam Hated From Ignorance? by olabowale(m): 1:59am On Sep 08, 2009
I have an opinion that david forgot that close to a quarter of million people of islamic faith must have died in the hands of none Muslims since September 11, 2001! Aghanistan saw the greatest humiliations of Muslims in Orange jumpsuits kneeling down not for Allah but before Kufar in Gitmo!

Then we have Iraqi been invaded for falsified reasons of combinations of Niger source yellow cakes and Al Qaidah combo.

Sorry you were not alive when Nigeria the country where you were born, and every drop of your blood is from lost a million people, at least in a 30 months war, and you are not even making as much as a whimper about it! Your focus is very tangental for a future leader of Nigeria. And you want to marry a Nigerian woman? Haa! An Ijebu Ode keferi cant boast that there is no muslim in his bloodline, or can you? What do you do with your great grand parents who were muslims?

America should have invaded Egypt and Arab ic Saudia, where all the 19 hijackers came from! I wonder why not?
Re: Is Islam Hated From Ignorance? by chic2pimp(m): 2:14am On Sep 08, 2009
Hehehehehe grin grin grin grin grin. David is waging war against ISLAM. I would say thought that both u and the poster do have valid points(not all but some).
Re: Is Islam Hated From Ignorance? by Nezan(m): 11:43am On Sep 08, 2009
Why are muslims so violent?
Re: Is Islam Hated From Ignorance? by olabowale(m): 4:57pm On Sep 08, 2009
Ask the same question of the Skinheads, Arian nations, Conservation Christians, the Crusaders, The Conquistadors, The modern Military might of the so Christian nations!
Re: Is Islam Hated From Ignorance? by Nezan(m): 5:04pm On Sep 08, 2009
cant you divorce government from religion?
Re: Is Islam Hated From Ignorance? by Nobody: 6:47pm On Sep 08, 2009
olabowale:

Ask the same question of the Skinheads, Arian nations, Conservation Christians, the Crusaders, The Conquistadors, The modern Military might of the so Christian nations!

We thank God for these brave men and women, but for them the world would have fallen to the wicked and satanic sword of allah. But for them we'd all be typing in arabic today and our sisters and mothers would be hiding at home under over-sized bedsheets.
Re: Is Islam Hated From Ignorance? by Nobody: 10:04am On Sep 09, 2009
davidylan:

rokiatu's comment is just laughably dumb . . . i'm sorry. 19 muslims killed over 3000 innocent workers on 9-11 and Rokiatu is here telling that they are "damn narrow-minded" for assuming all muslims are terrorists? Ordinary maths - not all muslims are terrorists but ALL terrorists are muslim . . . then come back and tell those grieving families that the next 8 bearded muslims they sit with on the plane are just fun-loving, peaceful muslims.

The quran says even in war innocents shld not be killed, the problem is that the quran is itself a very deceptive book. Who is the innocent in war? The infidels who shld be killed anyway?
such a comment is better ignored cause people like you will never understand.
so think whatever you want jare, that doesn't change my belief anyway
Re: Is Islam Hated From Ignorance? by Nezan(m): 4:14pm On Sep 14, 2009
The normal get away response for a muslim who is faced with the truth. cheesy
Re: Is Islam Hated From Ignorance? by Nobody: 7:21pm On Sep 14, 2009
rokiatu:

and that there people is the crux of the matter . . . they pretend to be interested in sharing opinions but deep inside they are far too brainwashed to see the truth. Note Rokiatu who started the thread NEVER ONCE took on any of the issues as regards the very essence of her thread.
Re: Is Islam Hated From Ignorance? by Nezan(m): 12:16pm On Sep 15, 2009
@davidylan, she never argued a point against all the allegations that were brought up, only to hide and claim that she wont be persuaded to change her views.
Re: Is Islam Hated From Ignorance? by RichyBlacK(m): 9:47am On Sep 16, 2009
rokiatu:

why so much negative views towards Islam? Majority of people speaking

see this

@rokiatu,

This is mainly because of the silence of the sane Muslims (those who respect fundamental human rights) and the myriad fools, tyrants and bigots who murder innocent people and oppress minority groups in the name of Islam.

Also, oppressive, backward and barbaric Islamic governments that routinely violate the fundamental human rights (as if respecting human rights is anti-Islam) of their citizens, do not help the image of Islam.

Finally, in the Nigerian context. The almost automatic and well-organized murder of Christians by gangs of marauding murderers in Northern Nigeria, when a journalist 10,000 miles away publishes an article, without any leading Islamic cleric categorically condemning without reservation the large-scale murder of Christians also feeds the notion that Islam encourages Muslims to be intolerant and to murder non-Muslims whenever Islam is insulted!

Until well-respected Islamic clerics and scholars come out and openly, not in secret, condemn the imbeciles who commit atrocities in the name of Islam, some non-Muslims will continue to have a healthy suspicion of what Islam truly means.

These atrocities include:

1. The deliberate abuse of the fundamental human rights of individuals, e.g., the nonsensical application of Sharia where only poor people's hands are chopped off, teenage girls from poor families are stoned to death and poor immigrants and minorities are publicly beheaded. Saudi-Arabia, where barbarism is adored, has never beheaded a member of the tyrannical House of Saud, however, countless ordinary Saudis, poor migrant workers and other immigrants have been decapitated publicly. Does this mean the princes and princesses do not violate the Sharia laws?

2. The abuse of women, especially the belief held by some Muslims that women should not be educated.

3. The oppression of minority groups, especially in non-Muslims in Muslim nations.

4. The use of Islam to promote political agendas by brainwashing illiterate youths who do not even understand the verses of the Qu'ran.

5. The preaching of hatred towards non-Muslims and even Muslims (Sunnis preaching against Shi'ites) in countless Mosques around the world, especially in Muslim-dominated nations.
Re: Is Islam Hated From Ignorance? by Nezan(m): 10:43am On Sep 16, 2009
I wonder why sunnis and shi'tes are always up against themselves. Olabowale should explain.

(1) (2) (Reply)

La Ilaaha Illa Allah Muhammadan Rasuwl Allah / Islamic Preacher Reads The Quoran And Discovers Jesus / Mothers: Prophet Muhammad's Teaching

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.