Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,545 members, 7,819,938 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:05 AM

Islamic Preacher Reads The Quoran And Discovers Jesus - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Islamic Preacher Reads The Quoran And Discovers Jesus (2121 Views)

The Quoran Say's That Israel Belongs To The Jews. True Or False? / Islamic Scholars Angry As Wahhabi Preacher Say Prophet (sa) Was Alcohol Seller / Are Their Prophecies In The Quoran? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Islamic Preacher Reads The Quoran And Discovers Jesus by Emperor4God(m): 7:11pm On Aug 12, 2014
An Islamic Scholar while preaching was challenged on who Jesus is.

Being a good scholar & Preacher, he decides to study the quoran and see what the Quoran say's.

To his surprise he discovers that the Quoran has more surahs on Jesus and about Jesus.

He reads further and finds out that the Quoran declares Jesus to be
1] More than just a man
2] More than a mere prophet
Making Jesus from the Quoran the greatest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_AkObxqVKE

2 Likes

Re: Islamic Preacher Reads The Quoran And Discovers Jesus by Nobody: 7:17pm On Aug 12, 2014
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Islamic Preacher Reads The Quoran And Discovers Jesus by phillip001(m): 8:30pm On Aug 12, 2014
My brother THAT is the whole truth.

2 Likes

Re: Islamic Preacher Reads The Quoran And Discovers Jesus by Abdulsalam20(m): 9:08pm On Aug 12, 2014
phillip001: My brother THAT is the whole truth.
bro....we muslim we lovet prophet yisa[jesus..p.b.u.h],we respect him we salute him but we never worship him because he is not GOD because he is a prophet sent to d bani israila and not to the whole world even it is in d bible if u need d verse....and also note jesus is not dead like wat u pple think..if u need d verse in ur book ask.....AGAIN WE LOVE HIM WE RESPECT HIM BUT WE NEVER WORSHIP HIM..BECAUSE ALLAH IS ONE NOT TRINITY..even though ur buk is full of contradiction there's an evidence dat God is one nt trinity and note dat jesus has predicted d comin of prophet muhammed[s.a.w]...d fact is dat if i tel sum christians dat jesus was sent to d israelite they said No then why did u ignore d rules in d old testament u always said its for d israelite....wel dats all i ave to say

4 Likes

Re: Islamic Preacher Reads The Quoran And Discovers Jesus by LagosShia: 10:18pm On Aug 12, 2014
Emperor4God: An Islamic Scholar while preaching was challenged on who Jesus is.
Being a good scholar & Preacher, he decides to study the quoran and see what the Quoran say's.
To his surprise he discovers that the Quoran has more surahs on Jesus and about Jesus.

He reads further and finds out that the Quoran declares Jesus to be
1] More than just a man
2] More than a mere prophet
Making Jesus from the Quoran the greatest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_AkObxqVKE

actually, from past posts, these are arguments when taken further can be used to demolish Christian theology deifying Jesus. the arguments at face value are brilliant. i am not however endorsing whether or not this man was truly a muslim who really understood the Quran in the first place. i am saying this not to discredit his claim that he was a muslim, but because his claims clash with Islamic beliefs. for example, he said Mary (as) is described in the Quran as "free from original sin". in the first place, Muslims from all sects and creeds do not believe in the "original sin" as found in Christianity. in Islam, there is nothing as "original sin".

the claim is that Jesus (as) is the "word of God"-that God used His word (Be) to create- so therefore the word was "un-created" and must be God or part of God.

if any Muslim understands the Quran and is faced with this argument, this argument can be used to demolish Christian theology with a single punch, and also shake the faith of each and every Christian from the 1001 denominations and sects of Christianity that keep reproducing and multiplying like bacteria! going through the Quran, every Muslim knows Jesus (as) is the "word" and "spirit" of God because Jesus was created through God's word/command: "Be" and by God blowing His spirit for the flesh to take life. it is Jesus being made through that "word" in the first place that fondly gives him the figurative title of being "word of God". these actions described (i.e. blowing and commanding) are not literal but figurative, as you will shortly see explained. also every Muslim knows that not only Jesus (as),as per the Quran, was made in this manner,i.e. through the word and spirit of God. check this:

Adam was also "God's word" :

"The similitude of Jesus before Allah is as that of Adam; He created him from dust, then said to him: "Be". And he was." (3:59)

Adam was also "God's spirit" :

"So when I have proportioned him (i.e. Adam) and breathed into him of My spirit, then fall down to him in prostration." (38:72)

that aside, both the terms "spirit of God" and "word of God" are figurative as they demonstrate the manner in which these two prophets were created, and the Quran clearly says the similitude of Jesus is as of Adam (as). or else, have you seen a "word" that has a head or hands? it doesn't at all mean that God creating them with His word/spirit so God is sending forth "Himself" to take human form or that Jesus is therefore "God incarnate" as Christianity believes. Jesus being the "word of God" is because the former was created in a supernatural manner through God's command. Jesus is "God's word", but God's word is not Jesus. if God's word is Jesus, then Jesus coming to earth means wherever God is found during that time, God was without His "word" or power to create, i.e. God's word was away on earth!!! and that is indeed fallacious. we are talking here of the same Jesus who is purported in the New Testament to have said: "on my own i can do nothing"! the point i am trying to make by saying that Jesus is "the word of God", but the word of God is not Jesus, is very simple; otherwise, this so called Muslim should show us where the "word of God" is called Jesus (as).

the simple point: if God had willed after He created Jesus to create many more like Jesus, God could have/can still do it through His word/spirit. God's word is not limited or contained only in one being. God's word is not literal nor physical but an abstract concept of God's power to create, which is beyond human comprehension or physical limitations. the power to create (as described through His spirit/word) is part of God's greatness. the word emanating from God and manifesting as Jesus (as) or Adam (as) can still be made by God into many more like Jesus and Adam (as). so this does not qualify Jesus to be divine/god,not exclusive/limited to Jesus (as) and does not vindicate Christians from polytheism when they worship a creature of the Creator, even if that creature was made through the extraordinary/through God's word.

2 Likes

Re: Islamic Preacher Reads The Quoran And Discovers Jesus by LagosShia: 11:52am On Aug 13, 2014
malvisguy212: lagosshia.
Yes, adam was the word of God,infect adam is god because God created adam in his image,this make adam Godly.but adam lost everything when satan descive him,so God drive adam away from his sight because God cannot behold sin.the question is how will God fulfill his promise to us He made to moses? This is the reason Jesus has to be born of the spirit of God to unite us back to God,we need to adopt back the nature of Godliness,satan know this when he tried to tempt jesus, the same thin he did to adam ,he want to do it to jesus when he said"if you are the son of God command this stone to be made bread"

God is reaching out to the world through out his son Jesus.

You admit jesus is the word of God,that mean the quran is wrong for calling him son of joseph,God word cannot have sinful connection. Thank you.

the Quran, no where, does not call him "son of Joseph". there are Christians who doubt the miraculous birth of Jesus that is affirmed in the Holy Quran.

now you are drifting the topic from believing Jesus is "god" to why we must believe in his "salvation through blood".

the point again: whether Adam "fell of glory", as per Christianity, or not, is not my topic. the point is God made both Jesus and Adam in the same manner. does that manner qualify either of them to be "gods"? you said yes. that is fine. the next question would be when Jesus "the perfect man" was on earth as a product of God's word, could God have made a dozen more men like Jesus and Adam? i am sure you will agree that God can make many more like Jesus, and the word of God which is abstract, is not limited to only one being. so in that case, you would have to adopt many "gods" and this goes contrary to Jesus pronouncement: "the Lord our God is one". otherwise, being created in "God's image" doesn't elevate you to the status of being worshiped, or else you can as well worship me because you can say we are all created in God's image. the point again: Jesus, as Adam and many other that God can make in the same manner, can be called "word/spirit of God", but the "word/spirit" of God is not Jesus. the word/spirit are abstract concepts of God's infinite power that He uses to create. the title is figurative when given to a man who was the in the first place a product/creation of God's power.

2 Likes

Re: Islamic Preacher Reads The Quoran And Discovers Jesus by malvisguy212: 12:50pm On Aug 13, 2014
LagosShia:

the Quran, no where, does not call him "son of Joseph". there are Christians who doubt the miraculous birth of Jesus that is affirmed in the Holy Quran.

now you are drifting the topic from believing Jesus is "god" to why we must believe in his "salvation through blood".

the point again: whether Adam "fell of glory", as per Christianity, or not, is not my topic. the point is God made both Jesus and Adam in the same manner. does that manner qualify either of them to be "gods"? you said yes. that is fine. the next question would be when Jesus "the perfect man" was on earth as a product of God's word, could God have made a dozen more men like Jesus and Adam? i am sure you will agree that God can make many more like Jesus, and the word of God which is abstract, is not limited to only one being. so in that case, you would have to adopt many "gods" and this goes contrary to Jesus pronouncement: "the Lord our God is one". otherwise, being created in "God's image" doesn't elevate you to the status of being worshiped, or else you can as well worship me because you can say we are all created in God's image. the point again: Jesus, as Adam and many other that God can make in the same manner, can be called "word/spirit of God", but the "word/spirit" of God is not Jesus. the word/spirit are abstract concepts of God's infinite power that He uses to create. the title is figurative when given to a man who was the in the first place a product/creation of God's power.
quran called jesus son of man, who was the man? If is not joseph then it God.

jesus said except a seed of wheat fall to the ground and dies, it remain alone, but if it dies and decompose it bring much fruit. jesus is the seed, if you believe in him you will be like him because just like the fruit, a seed of corn cannot produce millet.BELIEVING IN JESUS MAKE YOU LIKE HIM. Even jesus say" ye are god"bein god dos not make you the I AM THAT I AM, it make you godliness.
Re: Islamic Preacher Reads The Quoran And Discovers Jesus by LagosShia: 4:03pm On Aug 13, 2014
malvisguy212: quran called jesus son of man, who was the man? If is not joseph then it God.

the Holy Qur'an calls Jesus (as) "son of Mary".

get your facts straight. all these half-truths and twisting of facts are what makes you sound exactly like that man on the video that is sending your likes into a frenzy.

jesus said except a seed of wheat fall to the ground and dies, it remain alone, but if it dies and decompose it bring much fruit. jesus is the seed, if you believe in him you will be like him because just like the fruit, a seed of corn cannot produce millet.BELIEVING IN JESUS MAKE YOU LIKE HIM. Even jesus say" ye are god"bein god dos not make you the I AM THAT I AM, it make you godliness.

ok. we Muslims believe in him, and the claims made by that man in the video is enough evidence for you to know that. as for our differnces with mainstream christianity of modern times, even christian sects differ on certain beliefs regarding Jesus (as), and earlier on, the sects that differed on him sharply were many. most of the differences we have with Christians today were existent among christians in the early days of christianity. christians differed about deifying Jesus (as), his divine "sonship", his alleged crucifixion and resurrection, and even his virgin birth. so dont blame us much. if catholicism thumped one version to be adopted and became mainstream, then it is not because Jesus (as) really preached the version of christianity prevalent today. it is simply because this version was what was adopted by the majority and agreed upon by early church fathers and the many councils they orchestrated to debate, vote and adopt certain beliefs and scriptures and to reject others.

1 Like

Re: Islamic Preacher Reads The Quoran And Discovers Jesus by malvisguy212: 4:28pm On Aug 13, 2014
LagosShia:

the Holy Qur'an calls Jesus (as) "son of Mary".

get your facts straight. all these half-truths and twisting of facts are what makes you sound exactly like that man on the video that is sending your likes into a frenzy.

ok. we Muslims believe in him, and the claims made by that man in the video is enough evidence for you to know that. as for our differnces with mainstream christianity of modern times, even christian sects differ on certain beliefs regarding Jesus (as), and earlier on, the sects that differed on him sharply were many. most of the differences we have with Christians today were existent among christians in the early days of christianity. christians differed about deifying Jesus (as), his divine "sonship", his alleged crucifixion and resurrection, and even his virgin birth. so dont blame us much. if catholicism thumped one version to be adopted and became mainstream, then it is not because Jesus (as) really preached the version of christianity prevalent today. it is simply because this version was what was adopted by the majority and agreed upon by early church fathers and the many councils they orchestrated to debate, vote and adopt certain beliefs and scriptures and to reject others.
ok, sorry, I made a mistake for sayin that about the quran,nonetheless in what culture is a man address by his mother name? In many verse in the bible jesus was sayin "the son of man".

Yes muslim believe in jesus, but the bible say even satan believe in him, those that make satan godly? [Godforbid] no, you need to confess Him.

2 Likes

Re: Islamic Preacher Reads The Quoran And Discovers Jesus by LagosShia: 6:20pm On Aug 13, 2014
malvisguy212: ok, sorry, I made a mistake for sayin that about the quran,nonetheless in what culture is a man address by his mother name? In many verse in the bible jesus was sayin "the son of man".
Yes muslim believe in jesus, but the bible say even satan believe in him, those that make satan godly? [Godforbid] no, you need to confess Him.

and Jesus (as) also said this about so called Christians who cannot allow others be in peace from their bible-thumping fanaticism:

Matthew 7:21-23

21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

1 Like

Re: Islamic Preacher Reads The Quoran And Discovers Jesus by malvisguy212: 6:53pm On Aug 13, 2014
LagosShia:

and Jesus (as) also said this about so called Christians who cannot allow others be in peace from their bible-thumping fanaticism:

Matthew 7:21-23

21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’
I don't know about other's christians, as for me , I don't disturb I PREACH THE GOOD NEWS, it only a worrisome heart will see it as a disturb.

Yes,many false prophet will rise up in the name of jesus, performing miracle,but know ye this that the man of sin cannot dwell in the world of truth,sin will abound , the love of many will wax cold, then the man of sin will bring seducing doctrine just to bring peace,but bible say "when the say peace then sudden destruction came upon them"
Anyway ,thank you for your time.
Re: Islamic Preacher Reads The Quoran And Discovers Jesus by LagosShia: 8:51pm On Aug 13, 2014
malvisguy212: I don't know about other's christians, as for me , I don't disturb I PREACH THE GOOD NEWS, it only a worrisome heart will see it as a disturb.
Yes,many false prophet will rise up in the name of jesus, performing miracle,but know ye this that the man of sin cannot dwell in the world of truth,sin will abound , the love of many will wax cold, then the man of sin will bring seducing doctrine just to bring peace,but bible say "when the say peace then sudden destruction came upon them"
Anyway ,thank you for your time.

if you may have observed, the verses i presented (Matthew 7:21-23) are a direct response to your claim:

"Yes muslim believe in jesus, but the bible say even satan believe in him, those that make satan godly? [Godforbid] no, you need to confess Him."

obviously, according to Jesus, that, you mentioned as quoted in the above line, isn't even enough to win you salvation. Jesus in those verses wasn't referring to "false prophets", but the very people who preach in his name and claim to perform wonders, i.e. practicing Christians. such men abound in Nigeria, and i am sure you can name many of them.

as for having guaranty to win salvation, what Jesus (as) labeled out is exactly what Islam teaches us in practical terms, and those you claim to be associated with satan (i.e. Muslims) happen to be following what Jesus (as) preached, while you follow what Paul preached. it is simply:

Matthew 19:16-24:
Just then a man came up to Jesus and asked, “Teacher, what good thing must I do to get eternal life?”17“Why do you ask me about what is good?” Jesus replied. “There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, keep the commandments.” 18“Which ones?” he inquired.Jesus replied, “ ‘You shall not murder, you shall not commit adultery, you shall not steal, you shall not give false testimony, 19honor your father and mother,’c and ‘love your neighbor as yourself.’d ”20“All these I have kept,” the young man said. “What do I still lack?”21Jesus answered, “If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.”22When the young man heard this, he went away sad, because he had great wealth.23Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Truly I tell you, it is hard for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of heaven. 24Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.”

Matthew 5:17-20:
17“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. 19Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven.

VERSUS Paul's way of "salavation" :

Romans 10:9-10:
“That if you confess with your mouth Jesus {as} Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved; for with the heart man believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation."

Colossians 2:14-16:
"14having canceled out the certificate of debt consisting of decrees against us, which was hostile to us; and He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross. 15When He had disarmed the rulers and authorities, He made a public display of them, having triumphed over them through Him.16Therefore no one is to act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day—"

Galatians 3:13:
"Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: "Cursed is everyone who is hung on a pole."

1 Like

Re: Islamic Preacher Reads The Quoran And Discovers Jesus by malvisguy212: 6:51am On Aug 15, 2014
LagosShia:

if you may have observed, the verses i presented (Matthew 7:21-23) are a direct response to your claim:

"Yes muslim believe in jesus, but the bible say even satan believe in him, those that make satan godly? [Godforbid] no, you need to confess Him."

obviously, according to Jesus, that, you mentioned as quoted in the above line, isn't even enough to win you salvation. Jesus in those verses wasn't referring to "false prophets", but the very people who preach in his name and claim to perform wonders, i.e. practicing Christians. such men abound in Nigeria, and i am sure you can name many of them.

as for having guaranty to win salvation, what Jesus (as) labeled out is exactly what Islam teaches us in practical terms, and those you claim to be associated with satan (i.e. Muslims) happen to be following what Jesus (as) preached, while you follow what Paul preached. it is simply:

Matthew 19:16-24:
Just then a man came up to Jesus and asked, “Teacher, what good thing must I do to get eternal life?”17“Why do you ask me about what is good?” Jesus replied. “There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, keep the commandments.” 18“Which ones?” he inquired.Jesus replied, “ ‘You shall not murder, you shall not commit adultery, you shall not steal, you shall not give false testimony, 19honor your father and mother,’c and ‘love your neighbor as yourself.’d ”20“All these I have kept,” the young man said. “What do I still lack?”21Jesus answered, “If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.”22When the young man heard this, he went away sad, because he had great wealth.23Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Truly I tell you, it is hard for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of heaven. 24Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.”

Matthew 5:17-20:
17“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. 19Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven.

VERSUS Paul's way of "salavation" :

Romans 10:9-10:
“That if you confess with your mouth Jesus {as} Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved; for with the heart man believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation."

Colossians 2:14-16:
"14having canceled out the certificate of debt consisting of decrees against us, which was hostile to us; and He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross. 15When He had disarmed the rulers and authorities, He made a public display of them, having triumphed over them through Him.16Therefore no one is to act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day—"

Galatians 3:13:
"Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: "Cursed is everyone who is hung on a pole."
you are even proving my point,matthew 19:16-24.pay attention what jesus said to him,don't just read it like story book,jesus say"sale all you have give to the poor and FOLLOW MEhas any prophet ever said somtin like this before?bring the verse.this should tell you that jesus is the road to salvation, a link to God,a away to heaven.if you follow jesus then you must confess him as your Lord, even jesus say "whoever believe in his name shall be save"can muslim called the name of jesus against demon? No.

In the book of romans7.paul say,"i do not know sin but when the law came sin revive in me and I di....the law which suppose to save me is makin war against my spirit"so jesus has to fulfill the law by making it simple for us to follow.first, jesus dwell in flash to show humans that man can keep the law.

The Law brought a curse, but the
Christian is delivered from that curse.
How? Christ has taken it upon Himself.
The Crucifixion brought Him under the
curse of the Law. At the same time, it
abolished the dominion of the Law, and threw open the Messianic blessedness to
Gentiles as well as Jews: in other words,
to all who gave in their adhesion to the
Messiah by faith. (13) Christ hath redeemed us.—Better,
Christ redeemed us. The opening of this
verse without any connecting particle
lends sharpness and emphasis to the
contrast. The Law brought a curse. There
it stopped short. That was all it could do. The first thing that Christianity does is to
undo this result of the Law by
deliverance from the curse. This deliverance is represented under the
form of a ransom. Christ “bought off” the
human race from the penalty of its sins,
the price paid being His death. Comp. 1Corinthians 6:20; 1Corinthians 7:23, “Ye are (were) bought with a price;” 2Peter 2:1, “The Lord that bought them;” Revelation 5:9, “Thou wast slain and hast redeemed (bought) us to God by thy
blood;” Revelation 14:4, “These were redeemed (bought) from among men.”
The word used in these passages, as well
as in that before us, is the general word
for “buying.” But that the “buying”
intended is that more definitely
conveyed by the idea of “ransom” appears from the use of the special word
for ransom in Matthew 20:28 ( = Mark 10:45), “The Son of Man came to give His life a ransom for many;” 1Timothy 2:6, “Who gave Himself a ransom for all.” The
word commonly translated
“redemption” (Romans 3:24; 1Corinthians 1:30; Ephesians 1:7; Ephesians 1:14; Ephesians 4:30; Colossians 1:14; Hebrews 9:15) also contains the same special idea of “a ransoming.” Us.—In the first instance, “the Jews,” but
not to be confined too strictly to them.
The Apostle is writing to a Gentile
(though Judaising) Church, and he does
not wish to exclude any of his readers.
Though the Gentiles do not come directly under “the curse of the Law,” they came
under God’s condemnation. From this
they were released, and the blessings of
the theocracy hitherto annexed to the
Law were thrown open to them by the
death of Christ. From the curse of the law.—From that
curse which the Law pronounced upon
all who failed to keep its precepts. Being made a curse.—Being treated as if
He were accursed. Comp. 2Corinthians 5:21, “For he hath made Him to be sin for us who knew no sin”—i.e., treated as
sinful One who was not sinful. The idea
is somewhat strengthened by the use of
the substantive for the adjective. The
curse identifies itself with its object:
seizes, as it were, upon the person of its victim. For us—i.e., “on our behalf,” “for our
sakes,” not “in our stead.” It is
impossible to escape the conclusion that
St. Paul, like the rest of the Apostles,
regarded the sufferings of Christ as
undergone in our stead. The idea is, indeed, distinctly expressed in this very
passage; but it must be gathered from
the context, not from the use of the
preposition. The preposition which
means “instead” is found in Matthew 20:28; 1Timothy 2:6. (See Note on Galatians 1:4.) As it is written.—The way in which the
curse of the Law fell upon Christ was
through His death. The ignominious
death by which He died was one to
which the curse of God specially
attached. The Law expressly declared that that criminal who died upon the
cross or gibbet was an object of the
divine wrath. Christ died as such a
criminal, and so came under the curse. It is to be observed, in considering the
doctrinal bearings of this passage, that
the curse which fell upon Christ was not
the same curse as that described above
as the consequence of human guilt in
failing to keep the requirements of the Law. It is not the accumulated penalty
for the whole mass of human
disobedience, but rather an incidental
defilement, contracted by an in-
voluntary breach of a particular
ceremonial precept. The death of Christ involved a curse because the manner of
it was by suspension from a cross.
Nothing more than this is said. Christ, the
sinless One, died for sinful men. If He had
not died they must have died. And His
death acted (in some inscrutable way) so as to propitiate the wrath of God. But it
is not said that the actual load of human
guilt was laid upon Him. It is not said
that His death was the actual
punishment of that guilt. The death of
Christ removed the necessity for the punishment of men, but it could not be
regarded as a punishment in relation to
Christ Himself. In this respect it would
seem as if the symbolism of the
scapegoat (which is sometimes adduced
in explanation of the present passage) was imperfectly applicable. In the case
of the scapegoat, the high priest was to
lay his hands upon his head, and to
“confess over him all the iniquities of the
children of Israel, and all their
transgressions in all their sins, putting them upon the head of the goat;” and the
goat was to “bear upon him all their
iniquities unto a land not
inhabited” (Leviticus 16:21-22). No such process as this really took place in the
case of our Lord; nor is it applied to Him
even in 1Peter 2:24, otherwise than in vague and general metaphor. The literal
application derives no countenance from
the present passage, but is rather
contradicted by it. It expressly
distinguishes between the curse which
fell upon Christ and the curse which was due to the sins of men, though the
incurrence of the one led to the
abrogation of the other. Cursed is every one that hangeth on a
tree.—From Deuteronomy 21:23. The Hebrew and LXX. insert “of God”—”He
that is hanged is cursed of God”—which
St. Paul instinctively omits. The reference
in the original is to the exposure of the
body upon a stake or gibbet after death.
Re: Islamic Preacher Reads The Quoran And Discovers Jesus by cloudstar: 7:37am On Aug 15, 2014
LagosShia:

actually, from past posts, these are arguments when taken further can be used to demolish Christian theology deifying Jesus. the arguments at face value are brilliant. i am not however endorsing whether or not this man was truly a muslim who really understood the Quran in the first place. i am saying this not to discredit his claim that he was a muslim, but because his claims clash with Islamic beliefs. for example, he said Mary (as) is described in the Quran as "free from original sin". in the first place, Muslims from all sects and creeds do not believe in the "original sin" as found in Christianity. in Islam, there is nothing as "original sin".

the claim is that Jesus (as) is the "word of God"-that God used His word (Be) to create- so therefore the word was "un-created" and must be God or part of God.

if any Muslim understands the Quran and is faced with this argument, this argument can be used to demolish Christian theology with a single punch, and also shake the faith of each and every Christian from the 1001 denominations and sects of Christianity that keep reproducing and multiplying like bacteria! going through the Quran, every Muslim knows Jesus (as) is the "word" and "spirit" of God because Jesus was created through God's word/command: "Be" and by God blowing His spirit for the flesh to take life. it is Jesus being made through that "word" in the first place that fondly gives him the figurative title of being "word of God". these actions described (i.e. blowing and commanding) are not literal but figurative, as you will shortly see explained. also every Muslim knows that not only Jesus (as),as per the Quran, was made in this manner,i.e. through the word and spirit of God. check this:

Adam was also "God's word" :

"The similitude of Jesus before Allah is as that of Adam; He created him from dust, then said to him: "Be". And he was." (3:59)

Adam was also "God's spirit" :

"So when I have proportioned him (i.e. Adam) and breathed into him of My spirit, then fall down to him in prostration." (38:72)

that aside, both the terms "spirit of God" and "word of God" are figurative as they demonstrate the manner in which these two prophets were created, and the Quran clearly says the similitude of Jesus is as of Adam (as). or else, have you seen a "word" that has a head or hands? it doesn't at all mean that God creating them with His word/spirit so God is sending forth "Himself" to take human form or that Jesus is therefore "God incarnate" as Christianity believes. Jesus being the "word of God" is because the former was created in a supernatural manner through God's command. Jesus is "God's word", but God's word is not Jesus. if God's word is Jesus, then Jesus coming to earth means wherever God is found during that time, God was without His "word" or power to create, i.e. God's word was away on earth!!! and that is indeed fallacious. we are talking here of the same Jesus who is purported in the New Testament to have said: "on my own i can do nothing"! the point i am trying to make by saying that Jesus is "the word of God", but the word of God is not Jesus, is very simple; otherwise, this so called Muslim should show us where the "word of God" is called Jesus (as).

the simple point: if God had willed after He created Jesus to create many more like Jesus, God could have/can still do it through His word/spirit. God's word is not limited or contained only in one being. God's word is not literal nor physical but an abstract concept of God's power to create, which is beyond human comprehension or physical limitations. the power to create (as described through His spirit/word) is part of God's greatness. the word emanating from God and manifesting as Jesus (as) or Adam (as) can still be made by God into many more like Jesus and Adam (as). so this does not qualify Jesus to be divine/god,not exclusive/limited to Jesus (as) and does not vindicate Christians from polytheism when they worship a creature of the Creator, even if that creature was made through the extraordinary/through God's word.

Argument from assumption - if only it made sense grin. A fellow and former Muslim who seem to be well versed in the Quran arrived at a logical conclusion from the Quran and not the Bible. I applaud his scholarship - simply amazing
Re: Islamic Preacher Reads The Quoran And Discovers Jesus by cloudstar: 8:21am On Aug 15, 2014
Abdulsalam20: bro....we muslim we lovet prophet yisa[jesus..p.b.u.h],we respect him we salute him but we never worship him because he is not GOD because he is a prophet sent to d bani israila and not to the whole world even it is in d bible if u need d verse....and also note jesus is not dead like wat u pple think..if u need d verse in ur book ask.....AGAIN WE LOVE HIM WE RESPECT HIM BUT WE NEVER WORSHIP HIM..BECAUSE ALLAH IS ONE NOT TRINITY..even though ur buk is full of contradiction there's an evidence dat God is one nt trinity and note dat jesus has predicted d comin of prophet muhammed[s.a.w]...d fact is dat if i tel sum christians dat jesus was sent to d israelite they said No then why did u ignore d rules in d old testament u always said its for d israelite....wel dats all i ave to say

Another ignorant Muslim yapping the same 7th century Arabian theology every Muslim chant. You had a Muslim convert that researched the Quran and arrived at the conclusion that Jesus is God and you are hear preaching 7th century Arabian folk-tale
Re: Islamic Preacher Reads The Quoran And Discovers Jesus by proo212(m): 5:18pm On Aug 15, 2014
Oh his facebook page, there's already a price on his head smh cry
Re: Islamic Preacher Reads The Quoran And Discovers Jesus by cloudstar: 6:22pm On Aug 15, 2014
proo212: Oh his facebook page, there's already a price on his head smh cry

That is the cost of speaking the truth in the Islamic world
Re: Islamic Preacher Reads The Quoran And Discovers Jesus by LagosShia: 10:04pm On Aug 15, 2014
malvisguy212: you are even proving my point,matthew 19:16-24.pay attention what jesus said to him,don't just read it like story book,jesus say"sale all you have give to the poor and FOLLOW MEhas any prophet ever said somtin like this before?bring the verse.

"Say, [O Muhammad], "If you should love Allah , then follow me, [so] Allah will love you and forgive you your sins. And Allah is Forgiving and Merciful." (Holy Qur'an 3:31)

"He who obeys the Messenger has obeyed Allah ; but those who turn away - We have not sent you over them as a guardian." (4:80)

now show me just one verse from your Bible where Jesus (as) said you should worship him or take him as god, or that you should be "Christians" (i.e. one verse where Jesus uttered the word "Christian" ). show me one, and i will become "Christian".

1 Like

Re: Islamic Preacher Reads The Quoran And Discovers Jesus by LagosShia: 10:07pm On Aug 15, 2014
cloudstar:

Argument from assumption - if only it made sense grin. A fellow and former Muslim who seem to be well versed in the Quran arrived at a logical conclusion from the Quran and not the Bible. I applaud his scholarship - simply amazing

very well versed indeed, to think that "original sin" is an Islamic concept. when you are ready to take Adam (as) as another "god" based on the Qur'an, then both of you would have a case because both Adam and Jesus (as) are "same" as per the Quran.
Re: Islamic Preacher Reads The Quoran And Discovers Jesus by LagosShia: 10:29pm On Aug 15, 2014
cloudstar:
Another ignorant Muslim yapping the same 7th century Arabian theology every Muslim chant. You had a Muslim convert that researched the Quran and arrived at the conclusion that Jesus is God and you are hear preaching 7th century Arabian folk-tale

that is the hallucination of your "researcher". that is what he chooses to misunderstand. however, in unequivocal terms, this is what the Quran says:

"They are unbelievers who say, 'God is the Messiah, Mary's son.' For the Messiah said, 'Children of Israel, serve God, my Lord and your Lord. Verily whoso associates with God anything, God shall prohibit him entrance to Paradise, and his refuge shall be the Fire; and wrongdoers shall have no helpers.'" (5:72)

"Say, "He is Allah , [who is the Unique] One, Allah , the Eternal Refuge. He neither begets nor is born, Nor is there to Him any equivalent." (Holy Quran 112)

1 Like

Re: Islamic Preacher Reads The Quoran And Discovers Jesus by cloudstar: 1:41am On Aug 16, 2014
LagosShia

that is the hallucination of your "researcher". that is what he chooses to misunderstand. however, in unequivocal terms, this is what the Quran says:

The man has been a Muslim; he had read the Quran back to back. No one influenced him; he arrived at the conclusion himself based on the teachings from the very same Quran you read. He stated:

1. Jesus has the ability to give live to in-animate objects i.e. clay
2. Jesus has the ability to raise the dead
3. Jesus is THE WORD of Allah and THE SPIRIT of Allah. Mohammad doesn't even come close
4. Jesus was sinless by the Quran owns account. In lay man's term - he never sinned, he never had any faults. Which other human-being can you named in the Quran which was sinless?

The man is the video proved very interesting point. He wasn't a Christian or a buddist but a former Muslim.

"They are unbelievers who say, 'God is the Messiah, Mary's son.' For the Messiah said, 'Children of Israel, serve God, my Lord and your Lord. Verily whoso associates with God anything, God shall prohibit him entrance to Paradise, and his refuge shall be the Fire; and wrongdoers shall have no helpers.'" (5:72)

Apart from Jesus in the Quran - is there anyone else Allah gave the ability to create life, to heal, to raise the dead, to intercede for people and that is not dead but alive in Heaven? Why would Allah grant Jesus the abilities and characteristics of Deity? Why is Allah permitting Jesus to perfectly fit the description and fulfill the criteria which places one within the category of God?

"Say, "He is Allah , [who is the Unique] One, Allah , the Eternal Refuge. He neither begets nor is born, Nor is there to Him any equivalent." (Holy Quran 112)

There is no denying that the Quran rejects the Deity of Jesus but the Quran attributes titles, qualities and functions to Christ which only Allah can perform. Other titles given to Christ which affirm his essential Deity include the Word of God and a Spirit from God.

The expression "by God's permission" doesn't necessarily mean that Christ was given abilities he did not already have. The statements can be understood in light of the biblical teaching that Christ did nothing on his own initiative, but did everything in perfect union with his Father's will. (cf. John 5:16-30)

In other words, the Quranic expression simply implies that Christ only exercised his divine prerogatives in accordance with the decree of God, never acting on his own behest or initiative. It need not deny that Christ always had these divine attributes and characteristics. This becomes all the more likely when we recall that the Quran describes Christ as God's Word and a Spirit proceeding from God, titles which point to Christ's divinity and pre-existence.
Re: Islamic Preacher Reads The Quoran And Discovers Jesus by cloudstar: 2:30am On Aug 16, 2014
LagosShia

very well versed indeed, to think that "original sin" is an Islamic concept. when you are ready to take Adam (as) as another "god" based on the Qur'an, then both of you would have a case because both Adam and Jesus (as) are "same" as per the Quran

Hehehehe - at this point, I will disarm your argument with two points:

1. Adam doesn't have the power of creation, Jesus does
2. Adam committed sin, Jesus didn't

There are too many holes in your argument Bros. I urge you to read up on your Islamic history.

2 Likes

Re: Islamic Preacher Reads The Quoran And Discovers Jesus by malvisguy212: 1:15pm On Aug 16, 2014
LagosShia:

"Say, [O Muhammad], "If you should love Allah , then follow me, [so] Allah will love you and forgive you your sins. And Allah is Forgiving and Merciful." (Holy Qur'an 3:31)

"He who obeys the Messenger has obeyed Allah ; but those who turn away - We have not sent you over them as a guardian." (4:80)

now show me just one verse from your Bible where Jesus (as) said you should worship him or take him as god, or that you should be "Christians" (i.e. one verse where Jesus uttered the word "Christian" ). show me one, and i will become "Christian".
the context of the quranic verse you quote is different from the verse in the bible,jesus say"sale all you have give to the poor and follow me"only God can say follow me. But the quranic verse say love allah and then follow muhammad.

The Bible never records Jesus saying the precise words, “I am God.” That does not mean, however, that He did not proclaim that He is God. Take for example Jesus’ words in John 10:30, “I and the Father are one.” We need only to look at the Jews’ reaction to His statement to know He was claiming to be God. They tried to stone Him for this very reason: “You, a mere man, claim to be God” (John 10:33). The Jews understood exactly what Jesus was claiming—deity. When Jesus declared, “I and the Father are one,” He was saying that He and the Father are of one nature and essence. John 8:58 is another example. Jesus declared, “I tell you the truth … before Abraham was born, I am!” Jews who heard this statement responded by taking up stones to kill Him for blasphemy, as the Mosaic Law commanded (Leviticus 24:16). John reiterates the concept of Jesus’ deity: “The Word [Jesus] was God” and “the Word became flesh” (John 1:1, 14). These verses clearly indicate that Jesus is God in the flesh. Acts 20:28 tells us, “Be shepherds of the church of God, which he bought with his own blood.” Who bought the church with His own blood? Jesus Christ. And this same verse declares that God purchased His church with His own blood. Therefore, Jesus is God! Thomas the disciple declared concerning Jesus, “My Lord and my God” (John 20:28). Jesus does not correct him. Titus 2:13 encourages us to wait for the coming of our God and Savior, Jesus Christ (see also 2 Peter 1:1). In Hebrews 1:8, the Father declares of Jesus, “But about the Son he says, ‘Your throne, O God, will last forever and ever, and righteousness will be the scepter of your kingdom.’” The Father refers to Jesus as “O God,” indicating that Jesus is indeed God. In Revelation, an angel instructed the apostle John to only worship God (Revelation 19:10). Several times in Scripture Jesus receives worship (Matthew 2:11; 14:33; 28:9, 17; Luke 24:52; John 9:38). He never rebukes people for worshiping Him. If Jesus were not God, He would have told people to not worship Him, just as the angel in Revelation did. There are many other passages of Scripture that argue for Jesus’ deity. The most important reason that Jesus has to be God is that, if He is not God, His death would not have been sufficient to pay the penalty for the sins of the world (1 John 2:2). A created being, which Jesus would be if He were not God, could not pay the infinite penalty required for sin against an infinite God. Only God could pay such an infinite penalty. Only God could take on the sins of the world (2 Corinthians 5:21), die, and be resurrected, proving His victory over sin and death.
to know more about jesus read colossians chapter 2.
Re: Islamic Preacher Reads The Quoran And Discovers Jesus by malvisguy212: 1:26pm On Aug 16, 2014
LagosShia:

very well versed indeed, to think that "original sin" is an Islamic concept. when you are ready to take Adam (as) as another "god" based on the Qur'an, then both of you would have a case because both Adam and Jesus (as) are "same" as per the Quran.
the quran say jesus was sinless and we all know adam is a sinner, dos that make the both of them equal?
Re: Islamic Preacher Reads The Quoran And Discovers Jesus by malvisguy212: 1:35pm On Aug 16, 2014
Cloudstar. God bless you,base on the quran, no man can have that type of quality jesus had on the quran, it is only God that can walk the earth witou sin and performing miracle, giving life to lifeless clay.

Muhammad even disobey allah command.
Re: Islamic Preacher Reads The Quoran And Discovers Jesus by cloudstar: 3:47am On Aug 17, 2014
malvisguy212: Cloudstar. God bless you,base on the quran, no man can have that type of quality jesus had on the quran, it is only God that can walk the earth witou sin and performing miracle, giving life to lifeless clay.

Muhammad even disobey allah command.

Muslims honestly need to be objective if they want to put things in perspective. However, most of them have traded their common sense forthe account of a 7th century illiterate.

2 Likes

Re: Islamic Preacher Reads The Quoran And Discovers Jesus by tunshe: 11:59am On Aug 17, 2014
He wrongly quoted Q50 vs 23. What he said is different from what is in the verse.

He's just a free thinker who has a shallow knowledge of Islam and got media attention to mislead people.
Re: Islamic Preacher Reads The Quoran And Discovers Jesus by cloudstar: 7:41pm On Aug 17, 2014
tunshe:
He wrongly quoted Q50 vs 23. What he said is different from what is in the verse.

He's just a free thinker who has a shallow knowledge of Islam and got media attention to mislead people.

That is what every Muslim says when a Muslim leaves Islam for another religion.
Re: Islamic Preacher Reads The Quoran And Discovers Jesus by true2god: 10:37pm On Aug 17, 2014
cloudstar:

Muslims honestly need to be objective if they want to put things in perspective. However, most of them have traded their common sense forthe account of a 7th century illiterate.
It is only in the Islamic 'world' that a 7th century illiterate is the greatest teacher, professor, adviser, strategist and scientist of all mankind.

No wonder muslims countries are the most backward countries, I mean technologicallly and financially poor.

2 Likes

Re: Islamic Preacher Reads The Quoran And Discovers Jesus by LagosShia: 12:33pm On Aug 18, 2014
malvisguy212: the quran say jesus was sinless and we all know adam is a sinner, dos that make the both of them equal?

i wont derail into another red herring. just for your info, Adam (as) was sinless. but that is another topic.

however, you have just shot yourself on the foot. if both Adam and Jesus (as), according to the Quran, were made from the spirit and word of God, and you then (ab)use that to twist Quran verses to elevate Jesus (as) to the position of a "god, and a "son of God", but you leave out Adam (as) because he is a "sinner", then you have got serious questions to answer. if being made from the spirit and word of God is enough qualification to be recognized as "God" Himself, then sorry, we Muslims do not believe in a God that can become a sinner, or in a God that satan can tempt for 40 days (Jesus was tempted as per the New testament). this goes to show that being made from God's word or spirit doesn't elevate you or Jesus or Adam (as) to become God! you can keep looking for silly points to argue over and dodge the facts because satan has licked your eyes!!!

2 Likes

Re: Islamic Preacher Reads The Quoran And Discovers Jesus by malvisguy212: 1:44pm On Aug 18, 2014
LagosShia:

i wont derail into another red herring. just for your info, Adam (as) was sinless. but that is another topic.

however, you have just shot yourself on the foot. if both Adam and Jesus (as), according to the Quran, were made from the spirit and word of God, and you then (ab)use that to twist Quran verses to elevate Jesus (as) to the position of a "god, and a "son of God", but you leave out Adam (as) because he is a "sinner", then you have got serious questions to answer. if being made from the spirit and word of God is enough qualification to be recognized as "God" Himself, then sorry, we Muslims do not believe in a God that can become a sinner, or in a God that satan can tempt for 40 days (Jesus was tempted as per the New testament). this goes to show that being made from God's word or spirit doesn't elevate you or Jesus or Adam (as) to become God! you can keep looking for silly points to argue over and dodge the facts because satan has licked your eyes!!!
you mean adam is sinless? This is the first time am herein this,give me verse.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Another Hoax!!! Tunisian Girls 'intimate Jihad' / Qur'anic Verses Appear On Baby's Body ! / Ebola Virus: Islam Perspective

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 173
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.