Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,217 members, 7,860,382 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:13 AM

Is It wrong to correct ones parent - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It wrong to correct ones parent (1657 Views)

I Tried To Correct Her, What I Got Were Three Slaps, Husband Tells Court / Please What Would You Do If Your Dad Refuses To Allow Yo To Change Church / How Do You Correct Your Spouse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It wrong to correct ones parent by kellorah: 2:14am On Aug 31, 2009
Maggie, as in Thatcher? I'm not too familiar with politics.
Re: Is It wrong to correct ones parent by agabaI23(m): 2:18am On Aug 31, 2009
kellorah:

Maggie, as in Thatcher? I'm not too familiar with politics.
You are on the money. It is Thatcher.

OK you should be familiar with pack your bag and go and never come back to this house.
You should be familiar with a man losing all his life sweat to a gold digger who is married to for the sake of getting a divorce.
[size=5pt]meanwhile go to amaka thread and tell us your first sexual experience wink[/size]
Re: Is It wrong to correct ones parent by kellorah: 2:29am On Aug 31, 2009
Lol. Doesn't seem like biased law to me, afterall men are still paid higher wages than women.
Re: Is It wrong to correct ones parent by agabaI23(m): 2:30am On Aug 31, 2009
kellorah:

Lol. Doesn't seem like biased law to me, afterall men are still paid higher wages than women.
Not in my own part of the UK
Re: Is It wrong to correct ones parent by kellorah: 2:32am On Aug 31, 2009
Your own part. . . . haha. It's everywhere. Besides, so many jobs still favour more men that women. In the UK, there are still way many male Judges than there are femal judges. It's not fair. sad
Re: Is It wrong to correct ones parent by agabaI23(m): 2:34am On Aug 31, 2009
Judges are appointed based on merit not based on gender. There are more male Attorneys than females. Do you want to introduce gender character? tongue
Re: Is It wrong to correct ones parent by kellorah: 2:37am On Aug 31, 2009
agabaI23:

Judges are appointed based on merit not based on gender. There are more male Attorneys than females. Do you want to introduce gender character? tongue

Cos the judicial system is made up of more males than there are females, the judges are appointed by mostly males.
Re: Is It wrong to correct ones parent by agabaI23(m): 2:42am On Aug 31, 2009
kellorah:

Cos the judicial system is made up of more males than there are females, the judges are appointed by mostly males.
Exactly what I am saying. There are more male lawyers than there are females. Remember that women there was a time women did not think about all these professional disciplines. It was a male world. you cannot push away a guy who deserves a position just to appease a certain gender. if it were the other way round, you would not let it happen.

In Nigerian, Federal character and quota system is what is killing the country. You must have a certain number of people from each zone whether qualified or not. Not good! Are you an attorney?
Re: Is It wrong to correct ones parent by Nobody: 1:15pm On Aug 31, 2009
Its called:

'Ego'

'Male Pride'

'Stubborness'

and so on and so forth!!
Re: Is It wrong to correct ones parent by FBS: 12:37pm On Sep 01, 2009
This has nothing to do with being a "Nigerian" man/dad. Please let's leave that tag alone.
Wait till you live with other people from different background and culture before making needless comments.
As pointed out earlier, it is the manner of "correction" (and issue at hand) that matters and mind you, correction differs.

Talking from experience.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Women/ladies: How Do We Do It? Men: How Do You Want It Done? / Terribly Confused / Have You Caught Ur Wife With Boy Friend?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.