Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,426 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:24 AM

Delta Igbos - Culture (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Delta Igbos (39398 Views)

I Noticed Delta Igbos Have That Wafi Attitude / Delta Igbos In Delta State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Delta Igbos by Nobody: 8:09am On Jun 20, 2016
Ishilove:

Woman stop hyperventilating and vibrating. You cannot know about the ukwuani's more than I, neither can you foist on us an identity we have rejected, so please read first before commenting. I have posted my thoughts on the issue.

Go to page 8 or 9 and read up, but if you don't want to read then swerve.

I'm ignoring you henceforth because I have more important things to do with my time and data.

[size=15pt]Babe, kiss
This our luv needs to start working oh[/size]

4 Likes

Re: Delta Igbos by naptu2: 8:16am On Jun 20, 2016
Ishilove:

Okay

Philomena Obeta

That's my real name

grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Delta Igbos by AjaanaOka(m): 8:38am On Jun 20, 2016
Afrobeau:

Philomena Obeta, when I posted this thread, I made it clear that there are other tribes living in Delta state. I am NOT saying that everyone in Delta state is Igbo. Thank you for posting your name. You are clearly NOT Igbo or an Igbo descendant. To be Igbo, you have to have at least an Igbo last name which you Don't have. So stop causing problems between real Igbos from your state and other States by posting your hatred here. I believe you are very happy now, since you verified and have proven that you are not Igbo, you can now go back to your benin ancestry that is truly where you belong. I wanted to hear responses from Igbos in Delta state.

Plenty of people from the Nsukka area bear Obeta as a last name though. By the logic of the bolded statement, they are also not Igbo.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Delta Igbos by Afrobeau: 8:52am On Jun 20, 2016
AjaanaOka:

Plenty of people from the Nsukka area bear Obeta as a last name though. By the logic of the bolded statement, they are also not Igbo.
True, I grew up in Enugu state too. Nsukka has a tiny influx of the middle belt which isn't Igbo. I honestly don't understand Obete as a name with an Igbo meaning, but correct me if I'm wrong. And I mean even if it is, that Ishilove girl is free as air to NOT be Igbo, I really don't give a Bleep about what she thinks. She's being a nuissance here and I'm only trying to learn about the relationship between all Igbos in different states. If she isn't of Igbo decent as she claims, she should back the F down and mind her business. I am asking the Igbo decents who for some reason doesn't want to associate with their roots.

2 Likes

Re: Delta Igbos by AjaanaOka(m): 9:17am On Jun 20, 2016
*Double Post*
Re: Delta Igbos by AjaanaOka(m): 9:20am On Jun 20, 2016
Afrobeau:
True, I grew up in Enugu state too. Nsukka has a tiny influx of the middle belt which isn't Igbo. I honestly don't understand Obete as a name with an Igbo meaning, but correct me if I'm wrong. And I mean even if it is, that Ishilove girl is free as air to NOT be Igbo, I really don't give a Bleep about what she thinks. If she isn't of Igbo decent as she claims, she should back the F down and mind her business. I am asking the Igbo decents who for some reason doesn't want to associate with their roots.

Obeta has no Igbo meaning, as it is in fact a name borrowed from the Idoma people. The point I was trying to make when I highlighted your statement in the previous post was that the 'Igboness' or 'non-Igboness' of a surname cannot be used as a criterion for determining who should be called Igbo and who shouldn't be called Igbo.

People who live on ethnic frontiers always end up borrowing things (such as names, words, etc) from the people on the other side of the ethnic 'border'. The people who bear 'Obeta' in Nsukka (and I am close friends with a number of them) do not identify as anything else other than Nsukka and Igbo. They do not see themselves as alien elements co-habiting with "Igbo" aborigines. In fact, in Enugu-Ezike (a village-group in the Nsukka area) the incidence of non-Igbo last names may be as high or higher than 60%.

If we begin to apply the 'no Igbo last name, no Igbo identity' rule, that would probably mean that Enugu-Ezike is a predominantly non-Igbo town. It would also mean that some of my own kin (members of my umunna) whose last name is a borrowed Igala name are not Igbo.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Delta Igbos by chukzyblingz(m): 9:29am On Jun 20, 2016
Afrobeau:

What is Ukwuani? Tribe? Local government? Town? Dear, I'm not forcing you to claim being Igbo. Not everyone from Delta state is Igbo. So feel free to attach yourself to any tribe you care more about. My question is clearly directed to IGBOS from Delta state who think that we Igbos from other states hate them and we don't.
You're very senseless to ask what's Ukwani. You igbos need to learn respect

1 Like

Re: Delta Igbos by Ishilove: 10:24am On Jun 20, 2016
naptu2:

See as the Afrobeau is barking like a rabid dog on heat! Just spewing things that don't even make any single sense and I'm embarrassed on her behalf. Seriously.

Smh. Barking and drooling non-stop.

Nya Nya Nya Nya Nya, woof woof woof woof woof!!!

Lmaaao! cheesy

*back to ignore mode*

4 Likes

Re: Delta Igbos by Lezzlie(m): 10:26am On Jun 20, 2016
Afrobeau:

Lol @the last sentence. I sincerely learned a lot from your response. This is the kind of response I was waiting for not some of those people asking me why I'm forcing Delta-Igbos to accept who they already are - Igbos. Thanks again dearie
The aftereffects of the civil war had a far-reaching effect on all Igbo speaking people, even of Eastern Nigeria origin.

It was so bad that Igbos felt the need then to show their affinity to Nigeria by subtlety asking their friends and kin when visiting them in pubic ministries and government parastatals not to speak Igbo....it was that bad then.

At the risk of derailment, can you vote my candidate for me here: https://www.nairaland.com/3176659/miss-nairaland-contest-2016-elimination#46735783

Voting has commenced, name is Mïmzy
Re: Delta Igbos by Nobody: 10:30am On Jun 20, 2016
chukzyblingz, I'm still waiting for answers to what I asked you.
Re: Delta Igbos by Nobody: 10:49am On Jun 20, 2016
chukzyblingz:
You're very senseless to ask what's Ukwani. You igbos need to learn respect

I consider Ukwani people as Igbos...my former date was from kwale, Chinenye, I'm surprised with your response here and that of Ishilove. My colleague in the office, Chima, is from Agbor, and I treat and respect him as a brother..... He speaks fluent Onitcha Igbo. He has not for one day deny being Igbo. He will rather assert his uniqueness by saying he is Igbo, but from Delta. Whatz up with you

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Delta Igbos by chukzyblingz(m): 11:12am On Jun 20, 2016
blues20:

I consider Ukwani people as Igbos...my former date was from kwale, Chinenye, I'm surprised with your response here and that of Ishilove. My colleague in the office, Chima, is from Agbor, and I treat and respect him as a brother..... He speaks fluent Onitcha Igbo. He has not for one day deny being Igbo. He will rather assert his uniqueness by saying he is Igbo, but from Delta. Whatz up with you
it's funny when you people come out here to talk about names. Do you know the number percentage of Okay people that bear Edo names? I'm not saying Ika is Edo, but that's our origin. bearing Edo names doesn't make us Edo same way bearing Igbo names doesn't make us Igbo. for your information their is no chi in ika language what we believe in is ehi, and any true Ika name starts with ehi. Chukwu is sometimes used as God but it's borrowed from Igbo, Ika word for God is Oselobue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Delta Igbos by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jun 20, 2016
chukzyblingz:
it's funny when you people come out here to talk about names. Do you know the number percentage of Okay people that bear Edo names? I'm not saying Ika is Edo, but that's our origin. bearing Edo names doesn't make us Edo same way bearing Igbo names doesn't make us Igbo. for your information their is no chi in ika language what we believe in is ehi, and any true Ika name starts with ehi. Chukwu is sometimes used as God but it's borrowed from Igbo, Ika word for God is Oselobue

Please note that I'm not insinuating that you're Igbo. But my point is this: being Igbo is a consciousness. It is not a thing of force. My side of Igbo has its own history. A proper acceptance among my locality, (Ivo in Ebonyi State) in regards to migration was from the Cross River valley. But today, we regard ourselves as Igbos and that is what we are. In my locality we call God, Obassi. We have names that are unique to us alone, I can go on and list them….. But that won’t change anything. Don’t just try to make it look like you’re coerced to be Igbo.

6 Likes

Re: Delta Igbos by PabloAfricanus(m): 4:15pm On Jun 20, 2016
Ishilove:

Well, I've grown up among people who don't identify with Igbos. My entire clan and quarters, and every other ukwuani person I know do not identify with Igbos, so I have never seen myself as igbo.

Maybe it's the negative stereotypical behaviour accorded to the average Igbo man, ie inordinate greed, selfishness and excessive love of money.

Sorry dear, but this submission of yours is not very intelligent. No offense.
Let me prove to you why i said so.
Lets say you attended Queens college in lagos and were part of the 1995 graduating set.
That history of your set and everyone who was your school mate… both seniors and juniors is set in stone.
You cannot in 2016 change the story of who topped your class in jss 1, jss 3 or ss 2.
You cannot retell the story of perpetual late comers to morning assembly.… everyone knows whom.
You cannot claim to be what you were not during your stay at school.
Other schoolmates of yours shared those moments, histories with you.
It is not subject to your unilateral modification by virtue of that single fact.

Now to the nitty gritty of the matter.
You cannot wake up in say year 2002 and claim to "identify" with say Corona college instead of Queens college, and say cos of reasons xyz, that infact you now are an alumnus of Corona college.
Naaa, it does not work that way.
You can choose to disassociate with ur former classmates or coursemates, and have nothing to do with them. Lets say u find them to be a bunch of wankers. Thats ur prerogative and choice.
BUT…. You cannot falsify or modify history you share with other people… on your own.
That is either symptomatic of an identity crisis or just plain silliness. No offense.

Let me break it down.
For whatever historical reasons or events, out of all the 250 tribes/ethnic groups in Nigeria, Ukwuani shares more… in terms of language, culture and tradition with the ethnic group known as Igbo.
You cannot claim that Nwachukwu in Ukwuani is not the same as Nwachukwu in Awka.
"Ote ofe" in Ukwuani means the exact same thing as "ote ofe" in say Enugu ezike.
The names of your forebears, villages, towns and whatnot all clear indicate what can only be identified as Igbo.
The stream of precolonial history has landed Ukwuani precisely where she is now.
That history is not even shared with her Isoko, Urhobo and Ijaw neighbours as much as it is shared with the peoples far flung as Arochukwu.
These facts cannot be contested.

Ukwuani language and culture has survived in its present form as a result of WHOM her indigenes were and not WHOM they identified with.
The claim to be or not to be "Igbo" is really an exercise in self inflicted identity crisis. My opinion.
The nitty gritty of the matter is that history has already identified Ukwuani, Ika and the so called Anioma peoples. You really had no input in the establishment of that fact.

It is the same reason why Emir Sanusi today cannot claim to be a descendant of Sarkin Rumfa of Kano. Even though Sanusi's great grand fathers conquered Kano, chased out or murdered the Hausa rulers and established the Fulani emirate of Kano, they did not share in the history that was pre Jihad Kano.

You know the funny thing about history?
When the custodians chose to speak up, the security of future generations who otherwise thought they were secured their positions will be found to be on shaky ground.

Let me give you examples.
Ogiamien of Bini and the Oba of Bini.
The Windsor ruling family of England and their German ancestry.
Ofcourse these are high level examples, but think about what the future sons and daughters of Ukwuani will be grappling with when better means of ascertaining ancestry and historical origins definitely will be common place. That is assuming events do not force Ukwuani's neighbours to remind them of their history before the whiteman came calling.

Just my opinions ofcourse.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Delta Igbos by Pchidexy(m): 8:38am On Jun 22, 2016
Pablo, don't waste your time on ****Ishilove and co. It is obvious that some Benin runaway slaves who were sheltered by Anioma people are bent on painting Anioma as non Igbo.

The coup that led to the civil war were led by Anioma guys. It was tagged an Igbo coup. Nzeogwu still remain a hero in that annals of Igbo history. These brave soldiers that foresaw tomorrow would be turning in their graves today.

Last shot: Benin people in Anioma should drop all shared cultural indices with Igbo and start speaking and affliating with Benin.

Piss!

1 Like

Re: Delta Igbos by Donarozzi: 4:12pm On Jun 22, 2016
chukzyblingz:
for your information their is no chi in ika language

It looks like "Chi" exists in all Igbo dialects, and in the original Agbor dialect, it is pronounced "Ki". That is, the letter "k" is sometimes a variant of "ch" in Agbor dialect. Agbor people are proud of their Igbo ancestry and Igbo heritage.

http://ifedubatochukwu..com/2015/07/igbo-rising-agbor-people-are-part-of.html

http://people.bu.edu/manfredi/Iduuwe.History.pdf
Re: Delta Igbos by chukzyblingz(m): 4:35pm On Jun 22, 2016
Donarozzi:

It looks like "Chi" exists in all Igbo dialects, and in the original Agbor dialect, it is pronounced "Ki". That is, the letter "k" is sometimes a variant of "ch" in Agbor dialect. Agbor people are proud of their Igbo ancestry and Igbo heritage.

http://ifedubatochukwu..com/2015/07/igbo-rising-agbor-people-are-part-of.html

http://people.bu.edu/manfredi/Iduuwe.History.pdf
You want to teach me my language and tell me what me and my people are proud of?
Re: Delta Igbos by chukzyblingz(m): 4:50pm On Jun 22, 2016
in case you don't understand what I meant. there is no chi in Agbor. I'm not talking about language. Ikas believe in ehi and not Chi. what is the meaning of the Igbo word Chi? what is the meaning of the Igbo word Chukwu? Ehi is the Ika version of Chi while Osolobue is the Ika version of Chukwu. I don't think you know much about ika beliefs and cultures. it's very deep. even deeper than your so called igbo culture. I takes an ika man to understand what it feels like to be Ika.
Re: Delta Igbos by SonOfEl(m): 8:29am On Jun 23, 2016
chukzyblingz:
in case you don't understand what I meant. there is no chi in Agbor. I'm not talking about language. Ikas believe in ehi and not Chi. what is the meaning of the Igbo word Chi? what is the meaning of the Igbo word Chukwu? Ehi is the Ika version of Chi while Osolobue is the Ika version of Chukwu. I don't think you know much about ika beliefs and cultures. it's very deep. even deeper than your so called igbo culture. I takes an ika man to understand what it feels like to be Ika.

Story for the gods....one's Bini influence does not erase his or her nativity...

I have ika-igbo friends, your type are the intruding Benin version....
Re: Delta Igbos by chukzyblingz(m): 8:39am On Jun 23, 2016
SonOfEl:

Story for the gods....one's Bini influence does not erase his or her nativity...

I have ika-igbo friends, your type are the intruding Benin version....
Where did I mention Bini in my post?
Re: Delta Igbos by SonOfEl(m): 8:45am On Jun 23, 2016
chukzyblingz:
Where did I mention Bini in my post?

You didn't have to, we know stories such as yours....so we classify your "ika" as benoid......
Re: Delta Igbos by SammyChi19(m): 4:58pm On Jun 23, 2016
Let me correct this impression Anioma is a political arrangement bringing the people of Ukwuani, Ika and Enuani clan. Onitsha was never part of Anioma because as at the time of the fought of Ekumeku war there was nothing like Anioma. Disregard anybody that says anioma is an ethnic group. The whole of Ndokwa, Ika and aniocha/Oshimili area were called Western Igbo in the old Western region and ofcourse Mid-Western region. I see all these as policy of divide and rule to divide Igbos but today it has stacked in the head of some Ukwuanis. Ukwuani wants a separate ethnic group but not all ukwuani share in that sentiment. Treat those who see themselves as Igbo and forget about those that don't want to be Igbo.
#I_Am_A_Proud_Ukwuani_And_A_Proud_Igbo. Even if I becomes the last man standing I will still see myself as Igbo. Nobody is forcing Igbo on anybody.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Delta Igbos by SlayerSupreme: 8:10pm On Jun 23, 2016
SammyChi19:
Let me correct this impression Anioma is a political arrangement bringing the people of Ukwuani, Ika and Enuani clan. Onitsha was never part of Anioma because as at the time of the fought of Ekumeku war there was nothing like Anioma. Disregard anybody that says anioma is an ethnic group. The whole of Ndokwa, Ika and aniocha/Oshimili area were called Western Igbo in the old Western region and ofcourse Mid-Western region. I see all these as policy of divide and rule to divide Igbos but today it has stacked in the head of some Ukwuanis. Ukwuani wants a separate ethnic group but not all ukwuani share in that sentiment. Treat those who see themselves as Igbo and forget about those that don't want to be Igbo.
#I_Am_A_Proud_Ukwuani_And_A_Proud_Igbo. Even if I becomes the last man standing I will still see myself as Igbo. Nobody is forcing Igbo on anybody.
Great!
Re: Delta Igbos by IkpuMmadu: 10:51pm On Jul 03, 2016
Nomswag:
grin proundly an ukwuani boy.......i cant imagine my self being called an igbo man.

You Lied, Anioma Is Igbo And Part Of Biafra, Traditional Ruler of Ukwuani Tells Gov. Okwwa

It is said that those who do not know their history always pick any story about who they are and run with it.

The effect of the military intelligence and propaganda onslaught during the Nigeria versus Biafra war by the Nigerian federal troop against the people of Igbo extraction, who were viewed, though erroneously, as the sole ethnic group that make up Biafra, has not been completely eliminated.. This created enormous distortion of pyschology and conmittant erroneous distortion of history amonsgt Igbo speaking people within the ancient Biafran region.

Recently, the governor of Delta State Gov. Ifeanyi Okowa, was quoted of saying that Anioma, though they speak Igbo are not Igbo and so not part of Biafra. He warned the Biafran agitators to steer clear of his state, Delta.

Though, most or majority of Anioma people accept their Igbo ancestry, but so many ugly politics has been played since the war ended with the identity of Anioma or Ika people.

The best people to tell children who they are are indeed the elders, they are masters of history and custodians of tradtion and culture. So, who is the best person to tell it the way it is other than the traditional ruler of Ukwuani in Anioma?

The traditional ruler of Ukwuani in Anioma Local government of Delta state, Okpala Ukwu emphatically told the governor of Delta state that he lied about Anioma and their ancestry.

The aged traditional ruler seen here in the photo told the media that, the governor lied and said that Anioma people are Igbo and therefore part of Biafra.

But there is a saying that goes this way “those who where present during burial can tell where the head of the corpse lies”. Those who are custodians of tradition and masters of their history can veritably tell who they are and narrate their history.

Though many argued that Gov. Okowa has deep knowledge that Anioma is Igbo but he, as a sitting governor, cannot openly support those agitating for sovereign state. Some argued that the best thing was for him to remain mute about the agitation instead of making efforts to rewrite the history of Anioma people.

A great number of Anioma scholars both at home and in diaspora have been very emphatic about the Igbo ancestry of Anioma people. Though a small number of them have deep hatred traced to the wartime propaganda, which still eoches in some quarters till this day.

Though the words from the aged traditional ruler may reaffirm the stand of the majority of Anioma people, it will not douce the fire amongst those who do not want to be counted as Igbo and consequently Biafra.

https://therepublicannews./2016/06/07/you-lied-anioma-is-igbo-and-part-of-biafra-traditional-ruler-of-ukwuani-tells-gov-okwwa/

1 Like

Re: Delta Igbos by RedboneSmith(m): 11:11pm On Jul 03, 2016
IkpuMmadu:

You Lied, Anioma Is Igbo And Part Of Biafra, Traditional Ruler of Ukwuani Tells Gov. Okwwa

It is said that those who do not know their history always pick any story about who they are and run with it.

The effect of the military intelligence and propaganda onslaught during the Nigeria versus Biafra war by the Nigerian federal troop against the people of Igbo extraction, who were viewed, though erroneously, as the sole ethnic group that make up Biafra, has not been completely eliminated.. This created enormous distortion of pyschology and conmittant erroneous distortion of history amonsgt Igbo speaking people within the ancient Biafran region.

Recently, the governor of Delta State Gov. Ifeanyi Okowa, was quoted of saying that Anioma, though they speak Igbo are not Igbo and so not part of Biafra. He warned the Biafran agitators to steer clear of his state, Delta.

Though, most or majority of Anioma people accept their Igbo ancestry, but so many ugly politics has been played since the war ended with the identity of Anioma or Ika people.

The best people to tell children who they are are indeed the elders, they are masters of history and custodians of tradtion and culture. So, who is the best person to tell it the way it is other than the traditional ruler of Ukwuani in Anioma?

The traditional ruler of Ukwuani in Anioma Local government of Delta state, Okpala Ukwu emphatically told the governor of Delta state that he lied about Anioma and their ancestry.

The aged traditional ruler seen here in the photo told the media that, the governor lied and said that Anioma people are Igbo and therefore part of Biafra.

But there is a saying that goes this way “those who where present during burial can tell where the head of the corpse lies”. Those who are custodians of tradition and masters of their history can veritably tell who they are and narrate their history.

Though many argued that Gov. Okowa has deep knowledge that Anioma is Igbo but he, as a sitting governor, cannot openly support those agitating for sovereign state. Some argued that the best thing was for him to remain mute about the agitation instead of making efforts to rewrite the history of Anioma people.

A great number of Anioma scholars both at home and in diaspora have been very emphatic about the Igbo ancestry of Anioma people. Though a small number of them have deep hatred traced to the wartime propaganda, which still eoches in some quarters till this day.

Though the words from the aged traditional ruler may reaffirm the stand of the majority of Anioma people, it will not douce the fire amongst those who do not want to be counted as Igbo and consequently Biafra.

https://therepublicannews./2016/06/07/you-lied-anioma-is-igbo-and-part-of-biafra-traditional-ruler-of-ukwuani-tells-gov-okwwa/

I call bovine excrement on this, sir. What is 'the Okpala Ukwu of Ukwuani'? That position does not exist. The different communites in Ukwuani have their different Okpala Ukus. It's just like saying the Obi of Ika or the Igwe of Igbo. So who is this 'Okpala Ukwu' of Ukwuani and what is his name? Why didn't that blogpost supply us with his name.

Pure cook-up from a desperate south-easterner.
Re: Delta Igbos by IkpuMmadu: 7:06am On Jul 04, 2016
RedboneSmith:

I call bovine excrement on this, sir. What is 'the Okpala Ukwu of Ukwuani'? That position does not exist. The different communites in Ukwuani have their different Okpala Ukus. It's just like saying the Obi of Ika or the Igwe of Igbo. So who is this 'Okpala Ukwu' of Ukwuani and what is his name? Why didn't that blogpost supply us with his name.

Re: Delta Igbos by chukzyblingz(m): 3:50pm On Jul 04, 2016
RedboneSmith:

Exactly what I wanted to ask.
Re: Delta Igbos by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jul 04, 2016
Anioma = Igbo word
Okpala ukwu = Igbo phrase

Anioma people = Igbo people

Too many dullards in Nigeria nowadays

3 Likes

Re: Delta Igbos by Begonia(m): 9:24am On Jul 17, 2016
Nomswag:
grin proundly an ukwuani boy.......i cant imagine my self being called an igbo man.
I'm glad, unlike some others, you respected I and my family members by using "I" in your comment. I'm from Kwale and I can't imagine NOT calling myself Igbo. I just can't imagine not being proud of my ethnic heritage smiley

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Delta Igbos by Nobody: 8:32am On Oct 21, 2016
cyril10:
I am Igbo man from Delta, Oshimili North to be precise. What is Oshimili in Ibo is not river, so I wonder why some of my people deny they are Ibos when they have names like Oliseh, Chukwudi, Emeka.

My surname is Igbo, my children have Ibo names, so I am proudly Igbo, even though some Igbos doesn't see us as part of them.
bros no vex some of us acknowledge Anocha and oshimili as our brothers.
Re: Delta Igbos by Nobody: 11:56am On Oct 21, 2016
chukzyblingz:
Everybody has right to self determination. Same right to self determination that Igbos use for the agitation of Biafra is what the Aniomas have to proclaim their ethnicity. Igbos come here and insult Aniomas, calling their ancestors that handed down their history from many generations liars. That's the height of insolence. You come here and talk about shared history forgetting that majority of Anioma history is edoid. Do you want to use language as an only measure of determining ethnicity? do you people know what makes a language a language and what makes a language a dialect? Nobody has the right to tell another that your language is a dialect of my language. it's an insult. even linguists don't have any definite way of determining a language and a dialect. many of the Europeans languages that are regarded as a separate language are closer to themselves than Igbo and Anioma languages yet you call it Igbo dialect? because it's Africa? Chinese is regarded as language but the truth is the Chinese language is made up of many languages yet people see it as a language. If language determines ethnicity why does some language go extinct? language is dynamic and can change within a short period of time. you people should go and make a research on factors that can make a language go extinct or change, you'll see that this Anioma-Igbo relationship fits perfectly.
abeg comot Oshimili and Aniocha from ur trash. They are Igbos

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Queen Aanu: My life Threatened For Walking Out Of My Marriage - Alaafin's Wife / Did Olori Wuraola Confirm The Crash Of Her Marriage With This? / Buhari Oloto Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.