Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,482 members, 7,816,140 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:22 AM

New Website Paying Africans To Submit And Translate African Lyrics. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / New Website Paying Africans To Submit And Translate African Lyrics. (505 Views)

Admins Wanted At New Website / How Do I Re Apply For Adsense With A New Website / How To Submit Your Site/blog To Facebook Free-basics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

New Website Paying Africans To Submit And Translate African Lyrics. by kikelom0(f): 7:58pm On Jun 16, 2016
You heard right oh. In this dwindling economy, a company named “LyrixOfAfrica.com” has sprung up with the aim to “alleviate as much economic pain as they can with the power of music”.

The website is set up so that for every lyric posted and translated to English, users get points which they can later redeem to win cash prizes which currently include albums, airtime giveaways, gift cards, and different cash prizes ranging from N5,000 to N30,000.

Speaking to LailasBlog directly, the creator of the site says:

“We see the current economic situation and it is not pretty. LyrixOfAfrica is an idea I have had for such a long time but never implemented simply because of other commitments. However, now that there is so much good music in the air and artistes like Olamide and Phyno are becoming bigger than ever, it is clear that there is a global market for African music, especially the ones spoken in local dialect.

As an avid lover of African music, I sometimes find myself singing words that I do not even know the meaning of, and I am 100% sure that at some point or another, we must have all faced the same dilemma.

The point of this website is to put the power of telling and translating our stories through music in the hands of the average African man/woman. Therefore, if you know lyrics to any songs that you are currently listening to and are fortunate enough to understand the meaning of the words being sung, register on our website and win amazing prizes including cash simply for doing something you would do on a regular day.

Let’s all not only listen to the music, let us understand and appreciate the music because ultimately, music is going to outlive us all and music is what is going to tell our stories for generations to come. “

The site also gives out points for commenting and registering an account. I don’t know about you, but I’m registering and on my way to translate Kukere now.

Source: www.lailasblog.com/2016/06/website-which-will-pay-africans-for.html

cc: Lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

Ums Training Hub, None Like It. / ok / Masters Please Help Your Boy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.