Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,332 members, 7,957,880 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 10:58 PM

First Muslim Nairalanders Physical Meeting - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / First Muslim Nairalanders Physical Meeting (669 Views)

ASUU Strike 2013 Update: Union Expected To Hold Postponed Meeting On Friday / Which Physical Attribute Or Quality you Possess Attracts The opposite gender? / Nigeria Listed As A Terrorist State, Nigerians To Undergo Physical Search. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

First Muslim Nairalanders Physical Meeting by Jarus(m): 1:40am On Aug 31, 2009
In what will go down memory lane as the first physical meeting of Muslim Nairalanders, some Muslim Nairalanders living in Lagos organized a 'breakfast' session at MamaCass Restaurant,Ajose Adeogun street,Victoria Island, Lagos on Friday, 28th August, 2009.
The program had in attendance 13 nairalanders, and ably convened by yours sincerely as the moderator  of the Islam for Muslims section. The programs featured joint breaking of fast with sumptuous meals, prayers, unveiling of faces behind the IDs, introduction, and general gists. It lasted for two hours and it was interesting and fun-filled. The planning and all that took place on the pages of NL and it was a huge success, glory be to Allah. People that were not able to show up sent their apologies, while Muslim Nairalanders from Kano, Gombe and some from outside the country sent in their goodwill texts. The presence of the popular Abuzola could have made the event more interesting as everybody looked forward to meeting him, but he couldn't make it. The programs will be held annually, during Ramadan, and there are plans to have a similar event for Abuja posters.
The NL admin was duly informed.

We hope to see more of NL physical gatherings, as we congratulate ourselves for setting the pace.

Should there any plans for ALL LAGOS  NAIRALANDERS CONFERENCE, you can count me in.
Re: First Muslim Nairalanders Physical Meeting by tubabie(f): 1:44am On Aug 31, 2009
That was nice. wink
But there was a much publicised NL meet up this summer in London too with a lot of people, that was the first planned and executed meet up I guess.
But it still doesn't take anything off the beauty of your gathering too. Peace

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-271190.0.html
Re: First Muslim Nairalanders Physical Meeting by ifyalways(f): 1:47am On Aug 31, 2009
First meeting  ,i dont think so,the Igbo kwenu thread have birthed not less than 3 meetings and get togethers.lol
Hope u guys had fun. undecided
Re: First Muslim Nairalanders Physical Meeting by tubabie(f): 1:50am On Aug 31, 2009
ifyalways:

First meeting  ,i dont think so,the Igbo kwenu thread have birthed not less than 3 meetings and get togethers.lol
Hope u guys had fun. undecided

Is the question for me or for him?
Re: First Muslim Nairalanders Physical Meeting by Jarus(m): 1:54am On Aug 31, 2009
@tubabie, Did the London gathering eventually take place? If so, I have to add 'in Nigeria' to the thread title.
Tanx 4 calling my attention to that.
While posting this, got ify's comments too. The title and claim will be modified appropriately. But I want to believe the past meetings are physical, not online meetings, and a coordinated one, not three people just jamming.
Re: First Muslim Nairalanders Physical Meeting by ifyalways(f): 1:57am On Aug 31, 2009
Jarus,yes they were real meetings,though it was strictly an igbo thing. wink 07 and 08 dec.lol
Re: First Muslim Nairalanders Physical Meeting by tubabie(f): 2:00am On Aug 31, 2009
@Jarus
You are welcome.
It did take place with numerous peeps in attendance, so like you said I think your thread title should include Nigeria.
Re: First Muslim Nairalanders Physical Meeting by Jarus(m): 2:09am On Aug 31, 2009
@Ify, were the igbo meets held abroad too?

In any case, I will modify the thread title to FIRST MUSLIM NAIRALANDERS MEETING; which appears more appropriate.
Re: First Muslim Nairalanders Physical Meeting by ifyalways(f): 2:12am On Aug 31, 2009
No,they were all held at 9ja.Owerri and Enugu respectively and was an all weekend thing.
Re: First Muslim Nairalanders Physical Meeting by Jarus(m): 2:18am On Aug 31, 2009
Thread retitled and modified .
Tanx 4 calling my attention to that.
Re: First Muslim Nairalanders Physical Meeting by Sagamite(m): 6:53am On Aug 31, 2009
There was a Nairaland Igbo meet and I was not notified?  shocked shocked shocked

With my looks (I look very Igbo according to TOH and a lot of people), I will slot right in.  grin

(1) (Reply)

Sauron And Pataki Need Their Head Checked. / Who Is The Moderator Here Please? / Sauron, A Moderator?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.