Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,565 members, 7,820,037 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:51 AM

I'm In Dilemma...guys! - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / I'm In Dilemma...guys! (530 Views)

Dilemma: Online CBT And Classified Advice! / I'm In Need Of A Web Programmer / I'm In Dilemma...guys! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm In Dilemma...guys! by Davindal(m): 5:35pm On Jun 17, 2016
Hi guys

Is there any reliable web designing firm in Nigeria, that can be contracted to create a website, particularly, in a situation where distance is a barrier?

I urgently need to launch an academic site, and I just discovered that majority of web developers seem to be resident in Lagos State, while I'm in far away Kaduna.

The issue now is trust. Should in case I decide to send the contents of my proposed site via email to any of these guys based in Lagos , considering that I can't travel to Lagos for that now, due to the nature of my job; Can I trust these guys with my high-value contents, for the purpose of developing my proposed site?
What if my content gets stolen, and subsequently used to create another site?

These and more are my fears. Because I wouldn't want to loose the contents that I spent sleepless nights to prepare to anybody.
Please pals...what should I do, for I'm in dilemma. I need your honest advice.

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: I'm In Dilemma...guys! by Donald3d(m): 6:05pm On Jun 17, 2016
Davindal:
Hi guys

Is there any reliable web designing firm in Nigeria, that can be contracted to create a website, particularly, in a situation where distance is a barrier?

I urgently need to launch an academic site, and I just discovered that majority of web developers seem to be resident in Lagos State, while I'm in far away Kaduna.

The issue now is trust. Should in case I decide to send the contents of my proposed site via email to any of these guys based in Lagos , considering that I can't travel to Lagos for that now, due to the nature of my job; Can I trust these guys with my high-value contents, for the purpose of developing my proposed site?
What if my content gets stolen, and subsequently used to create another site?

These and more are my fears. Because I wouldn't want to loose the contents that I spent sleepless nights to prepare to anybody.
Please pals...what should I do, for I'm in dilemma. I need your honest advice.

Thanks in anticipation.
I am a web developer,i can help you, i will sign a NDA if you want
Re: I'm In Dilemma...guys! by yusufabayomio(m): 6:45pm On Jun 17, 2016
Prepare a detailed NDA and make sure it is signed by you and the developer

Properly scrutinise the developer to be sure he is sound and will not run away if stuck along the line on the project

Don't choose to pay before service. Let the developer build the site to an agreed extent before you make part payment.

Ask for a live update of the progress of the website, let the developer upload the website (maybe on a weekly basis) as he builds. This means that you have to get the host space for the website yourself, then give him the cPanel account for him to upload. Don't give him your host account details. So if he tries to change the cPanel password, you can contact your host company to reset.

Ask for a detailed proposal, with the developer clearly stating the project timeline and the update you should expect to see on a weekly basis.

Lastly, you just have to take the risk. What if you keep getting scared and decide to keep your document and another person comes up the same idea and launch before you. They say no idea is new, and you are not the only one thinking of your idea.
Re: I'm In Dilemma...guys! by Davindal(m): 7:47pm On Jun 17, 2016
yusufabayomio:

Properly scrutinise the developer to be sure he is sound and will not run away if stuck along the line on the project

Don't choose to pay before service. Let the developer build the site to an agreed extent before you make part payment.

Ask for a live update of the progress of the website, let the developer upload the website (maybe on a weekly basis) as he builds. This means that you have to get the host space for the website yourself, then give him the cPanel account for him to upload. Don't give him your host account details. So if he tries to change the cPanel password, you can contact your host company to reset.

Ask for a detailed proposal, with the developer clearly stating the project timeline and the update you should expect to see on a weekly basis.

Lastly, you just have to take the risk. What if you keep getting scared and decide to keep your document and another person comes up the same idea and launch before you. They say no idea is new, and you are not the only one thinking of your idea.
Thank you sir! This is a wonderful insight. Please... Where is your location? I would want if possible...to me you for the job. Thanks.
Re: I'm In Dilemma...guys! by resultcase(m): 8:52pm On Jun 17, 2016
Contact me on 07030833809 or yusuf@taiwo.me.

My company is based in Abuja. Check our portfolio here; www.ytmsystems.com/portfolio.htm

We have designed websites for many schools and you can check our Online Academic Result checker for Primary/Secondary schools here; www.ytmsystems.com/resultcase
Re: I'm In Dilemma...guys! by Nobody: 7:41am On Jun 18, 2016
u can talk to me on 09027535814 or whatsapp d same numba..i am currently in katsina, dutsin ma precisely close to zaria
Re: I'm In Dilemma...guys! by yusufabayomio(m): 8:10am On Jun 18, 2016
I stay in Lagos.

I can assure you that your fears won't happen if I do the job.

For me, trust is very key and I value my integrity.

Also, during the course of having an agreement, I'll scan and send you copies of my NEPA bill, Identity card and business card, so you can be sure of my house and office address.

yusufabayomio:

(1) (Reply)

Make Money With Your Blog Like LINDA IKEJI / What 10000 Can Do / Whatsapp Adds New Tagging Feature In Group Chats

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.