Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,529 members, 7,819,904 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:09 AM

Will You Help A Dying Wayside Man In Present Day Nigeria? - The Piece Broke Me! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Will You Help A Dying Wayside Man In Present Day Nigeria? - The Piece Broke Me! (327 Views)

Man In G-Wagon Gives Money To Boys Selling Firewood Ahead Of Christmas / PHOTO: This Is The Tallest Man In Lagos / Graphic Photo Of The Safest Means Of Transport In Present Day Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Will You Help A Dying Wayside Man In Present Day Nigeria? - The Piece Broke Me! by Tackleberry05: 5:43pm On Jun 17, 2016
I wouldn't know exactly how to put this down but I want to ask, "Is this Nigeria really a country?" Are we Nigerians ready to give life to this cocoon? Whether transformation or Change, it is not for the FG or even the politicians only to facilitate. We the common man are more in number than these politicians and our corrupt ways could be quite worse than the politicians'. Driving by yesterday, I saw a crowd over a body. Sensing the useless Nigerian mentality of, "If I touch it, the police will accuse me falsely", I pulled over and yes, I was right. The almost lifeless body of an accident victim was muttering, "help! Help! Ayemi oo" I amplified it asking people to help me put him in my car. But for 10mins all refused. Thank God another passerby came and we hauled the body into my car. On getting to a private hospital, we were referred to Badagary general hospital, on getting there, the doctor examined the body and instead of finding a solution, started blaming me for picking a victim I know nothing of. He rejected the body and referred me to Ikeja. On my way on high speed, the police that even stopped me could not offer help as I was seeking for the closest orthopedic seeing that the victim was loosing so much blood. They were saying, "if he dies, you will go in for it". I didn't mind them as I was focused on getting the victim help. I even called LASG emergency line which took 10mins to respond and when they responded, it was, "find a hospital nearby", didn't let me talk but dropped the call immediately. Thank GOD, I got him to a safehouse.
What is my take on this:
(1) The NPF has turned good minded people to wicked hearts. Turning their hearts from our ancestral communalism to individualism. But how can individualism survive? How can individualism stop crime?
(2) How did we Nigerians get to this point of heartlessness?
On my way, I saw countless hotels but no place for the sick.
Many men over a helpless man but none to help.
Myriads of government's developmental policies yet, citizens are living like animals.
The joy that filled my heart around 12am when the victim was being treated cannot be imagined. His family were like "Ese" all over. I looked with pity on his wife and kids. Who knows how many of our relatives and friends might have lived if we did things right in this country? In other climes, citizens protest a lot against politicians and bend them to do their bidding but it is otherwise here. Can't we as a people stand against the ways of the govt and the fraudulent NPF and insist on doing the right thing? We the masses will keep paying for this; our taxes pay for their flamboyant lifestyles and our joy and life, sacrificed for their wealthiness.
NIGERIANS; ARISE O! COMPATRIOTS!
Re: Will You Help A Dying Wayside Man In Present Day Nigeria? - The Piece Broke Me! by nonny400(m): 6:31pm On Jun 17, 2016
Hmm.

(1) (Reply)

As Economic Crisis Deepens, Zimbabwe’s Hwange Coal Mine To Cut 1,500 Jobs / Gbe.entertainment We'll Know As Scopylinky Galamishy Drp News Single Igbeyawo / Mtn Deprived Me Of Job Opportunity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.