Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,945 members, 7,814,200 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:58 AM

Glo Just Sent Me This Text. Should I Wait For The Time They Said? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Glo Just Sent Me This Text. Should I Wait For The Time They Said? (1623 Views)

My Nokia 5 Unboxing:Would You Choose A Tecno Or Infinix Device Over This? (text) / Glo Just Made Me Immortal Just To Download An Episode Of A TV Series / GLO Just Gifted Me 1terrabyte Free Data! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Glo Just Sent Me This Text. Should I Wait For The Time They Said? by Dungpamggyang(m): 7:20pm On Jun 17, 2016
Dear Valued Customer, we request you to kindly reset your phone by switching OFF & ON from past 3am, Nigerian Local Time 18th June 2016, in order to continue to enjoy uninterrupted services due to Network upgrade. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your continued patronage. Glo.
Re: Glo Just Sent Me This Text. Should I Wait For The Time They Said? by Dam5reey(m): 8:55pm On Jun 17, 2016
Dungpamggyang:
Dear Valued Customer, we request you to kindly reset your phone by switching OFF & ON from past 3am, Nigerian Local Time 18th June 2016, in order to continue to enjoy uninterrupted services due to Network upgrade. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your continued patronage. Glo.

Scam.... Network provider reset from there end not on your phone...
Re: Glo Just Sent Me This Text. Should I Wait For The Time They Said? by sheddy03: 10:23pm On Jun 17, 2016
Dungpamggyang:
where u de rush go? forget it and go to sleep. when u wake up tomorrow morning, it will be past 3am. then you can restart ur phone.
Re: Glo Just Sent Me This Text. Should I Wait For The Time They Said? by biijei(m): 12:37am On Jun 18, 2016
Don't. It's probably a new scam technique, cos Glo won't single yu out 2 send such a msg. It should be general, nd I avnt hrd bout or seen ny1 wit a similar msg
Re: Glo Just Sent Me This Text. Should I Wait For The Time They Said? by abbeyology88(m): 1:39am On Jun 18, 2016
If you try it the outcome will surprise u. It is d new scam trend they use now. If you switch off they will call ur relative dat dey kidnap u and dey will demand 4 ransom. When ur relativ caLl u dey will see dat ur fone is dead and dey will blv u av bin kidnapped. Pls don't switch off Ooooh

3 Likes

Re: Glo Just Sent Me This Text. Should I Wait For The Time They Said? by Wiseandtrue(f): 1:39am On Jun 18, 2016
They want to defraud you oooooo. No one send such message except fraudsters shocked
No try am
Re: Glo Just Sent Me This Text. Should I Wait For The Time They Said? by Mustay(m): 8:52am On Jun 18, 2016
abbeyology88:
If you try it the outcome will surprise u. It is d new scam trend they use now. If you switch off they will call ur relative dat dey kidnap u and dey will demand 4 ransom. When ur relativ caLl u dey will see dat ur fone is dead and dey will blv u av bin kidnapped. Pls don't switch off Ooooh

Exactly where I was headed. Switching off your network or using the Airplane mode and exiting does the same function.

1 Like

Re: Glo Just Sent Me This Text. Should I Wait For The Time They Said? by yomalex(m): 12:18pm On Jun 18, 2016
1. Feign your kidnap and extort your relatives.
2. Swap you SIM

(1) (Reply)

Buy Now: 1GB RAM, 3200mah Battery, Android 5.1, 5' Screen For Just 17K / The new Blackberry Phone Is Nicknamed "Mercury" / MTN To Shutdown Voicemail And Missed Call Alert Services

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.