Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,292 members, 7,818,988 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:35 AM

Alfred Achebe's Entrepreneurship Development & Skill Empowers 70 Youths - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Alfred Achebe's Entrepreneurship Development & Skill Empowers 70 Youths (8494 Views)

Igwe Alfred Achebe Welcomes British High Commissioner To Nigeria To His Palace / Late Alfred Akawe Torkula Tomb In Pictures / Photos From The Burial Of Alfred Akawe-Torkula (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alfred Achebe's Entrepreneurship Development & Skill Empowers 70 Youths by freeze001(f): 7:59am On Jun 18, 2016
shevchenko:
35,000,000 for 70 people ?

35,000,000/70= 8,000,000

Criminal man .God will punish him .Why can't he empower 700people so they will each collect 800,000?

My friend go and learn ur multiplication tables! Besides, if he chooses to share 560Million Naira which is what will actually come to 8Million each for 70 people as u claim by ur wrong arithmetic, how is it your concern? Is it ur money? See u calling him criminal, how much can u offer?

Biko if u have mistakenly graduated from a uni kindly return the certificates with apologies and proceed to the Skills acquisition centre. You will definitely be empowered mathematically because Igbo man no dey make mistake for money calculation.

@topic: Igwe Chukwu gozie gi! I ga'digide o! O ga a diri gi mma o!

8 Likes

Re: Alfred Achebe's Entrepreneurship Development & Skill Empowers 70 Youths by Expensivewarrio: 7:59am On Jun 18, 2016
shevchenko:

35,000,000/70= 8,000,000

Criminal man .God will punish him .Why can't he empower 700people so they will each collect 800,000?
E pain nam

2 Likes

Re: Alfred Achebe's Entrepreneurship Development & Skill Empowers 70 Youths by yemisat: 8:01am On Jun 18, 2016
Beehshorp:
Good step not some like royal fathers dat keep snapping pictures everywhere dey go and do nothing for the youths...
See this guy o o o. Do you know what Oonirisa of Ile Oduduwa is doing currently in Ile Ife? He doesn't need to shout na. He believes in taking actions and he is taking them seriously. Do you know how many people he took abroad recently, all expenses covered? Do you know how many hostels he is building in OAU? His impacts on Agriculture, Road construction and maintenance in Ile Ife, the proposed resort centre under heavy construction etc. just to mention a few. He is travelling all over the world to bring investments into his state. You, due to your short sightedness sit down dey thrash rubbish because of 70million wet dey never give u na. Rubbish!!!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alfred Achebe's Entrepreneurship Development & Skill Empowers 70 Youths by Nobody: 8:02am On Jun 18, 2016
shevchenko:

35,000,000/70= 8,000,000

grin this is called wailing gone bad. grin for your mind you want blast am but ended up showing us how ilict you are. So 35,000,000/70 is 8m? grin and if he empowers 700people it will be 800k each grin Jesu. See calculus grin

9 Likes

Re: Alfred Achebe's Entrepreneurship Development & Skill Empowers 70 Youths by YoungDaNaval(m): 8:03am On Jun 18, 2016
echelons:

You just murdered maths.

Obi of Onicha needs to empower you with a private lesson teacher.
me self just tire for that guy poh sote to quote the mumu just weak me

1 Like

Re: Alfred Achebe's Entrepreneurship Development & Skill Empowers 70 Youths by tysontim(m): 8:06am On Jun 18, 2016
Better you empower people who will empower others later than spending the money touring around the world.

cus it all boils down to who you EPP? not where you go.

Kudos to Igwe Achebe, Igwe igbo buruburu
Re: Alfred Achebe's Entrepreneurship Development & Skill Empowers 70 Youths by JAMANZE: 8:08am On Jun 18, 2016
Anambra my dear state. always on news for good things. better tidings ahead. true federalism here we come
Re: Alfred Achebe's Entrepreneurship Development & Skill Empowers 70 Youths by Savigne(f): 8:13am On Jun 18, 2016
shevchenko:

35,000,000/70= 8,000,000

Re: Alfred Achebe's Entrepreneurship Development & Skill Empowers 70 Youths by siaco(m): 8:13am On Jun 18, 2016
shevchenko:

35,000,000/70= 8,000,000

Go school, no, only to come to nairaland with free data to insult your grandpa. Simple division in mathematics you cannot do, 35000000/70 = 500000, not 8,000,000.

1 Like

Re: Alfred Achebe's Entrepreneurship Development & Skill Empowers 70 Youths by GuyfawkesAB(m): 8:15am On Jun 18, 2016
LieDetector:
Some other traditional ruler would have budgeted that money for a US tour and the impoverished subjects would hail him to high heaven....

Nice one Obi

Senior Mumu. You should rather thank the Ooni of Ife, Oba Enitan Ogunwusi, Ojaja II for blazing the rail and helping to redefine what responsibility royalty should take in the society. Not just sitting in the palace waiting for subjects to bring victuals or under the vain toga of "Oba no dey go transfer". In the face of the challenging situation out there now, Our royal fathers too should arise and move around not just to empower their subjects but to go and bring in investments to their land and and take initiatives to better the lot of their people. Ooni has set the pace with his several empowerment projects including 1 million cocoa trees and 1 million cashew trees planting initiatives, ile-fiesta to boost tourism, hospitality project in progress etc... Other royal fathers should get down to work as the Obi of Onitsha has also taken the initiative

8 Likes

Re: Alfred Achebe's Entrepreneurship Development & Skill Empowers 70 Youths by Pilate2016(m): 8:15am On Jun 18, 2016
DaniDani:
Good one from you sir, It seems like indigenes of abia state(elites) are not good in humanitarian gestures. you hardly hear about things like this in my state abia
Even Enugu state
Re: Alfred Achebe's Entrepreneurship Development & Skill Empowers 70 Youths by Savigne(f): 8:17am On Jun 18, 2016
shevchenko:

35,000,000/70= 8,000,000

Wow.... Even with your phone's calculator you still came up with this figure? Cause I don't want to believe you did it yourself

1 Like

Re: Alfred Achebe's Entrepreneurship Development & Skill Empowers 70 Youths by Mu2ni(m): 8:22am On Jun 18, 2016
good
Re: Alfred Achebe's Entrepreneurship Development & Skill Empowers 70 Youths by LieDetector(m): 8:22am On Jun 18, 2016
GuyfawkesAB:

Senior Mumu. You should rather thank the Ooni of Ife, Oba Enitan Ogunwusi, Ojaja II for blazing the rail and helping to redefine what responsibility royalty should take in the society. Not just sitting in the palace waiting for subjects to bring victuals or under the vain toga of "Oba no dey go transfer". In the face of the challenging situation out there now, Our royal fathers too should arise and move around not just to empower their subjects but to go and bring in investments to their land and and take initiatives to better the lot of their people. Ooni has set the pace with his several empowerment projects including 1 million cocoa trees and 1 million cashew trees planting initiatives, ile-fiesta to boost tourism, hospitality project in progress etc... Other royal fathers should get down to work as the Obi of Onitsha has also taken the initiative
Why getting yourself worked up over my comment..... Mind you I never mentioned any tribe...... You my friend are the "senior mumu"

2 Likes

Re: Alfred Achebe's Entrepreneurship Development & Skill Empowers 70 Youths by gformula: 9:18am On Jun 18, 2016
This is good news indeed well done Your Majesty more grace and let other monarchs follow suite... Including those Pastors whose interests are in flying private jets. I don't care about the private jets but this kind of His Majesty accomplishment moves me...

1 Like

Re: Alfred Achebe's Entrepreneurship Development & Skill Empowers 70 Youths by amadice(m): 9:22am On Jun 18, 2016
shevchenko:

35,000,000/70= 8,000,000

...wetin u get for maths in your waec..its either ur maths teacher no teach you well or u were dull...see ur life...500k..mumu

4 Likes

Re: Alfred Achebe's Entrepreneurship Development & Skill Empowers 70 Youths by gformula: 9:32am On Jun 18, 2016
Some people level of stupidity have no contender, imagine someone blaming a man trying to establish others. Igwe may your days be long. I love this news because you can't hear this type of news in Delta State where I live. In fact Asaba own worse pass... I no call anybody name o
Re: Alfred Achebe's Entrepreneurship Development & Skill Empowers 70 Youths by franzis(m): 9:53am On Jun 18, 2016
shevchenko:

35,000,000/70= 8,000,000

you sure say u sabi simple arithmetic so ....it just 500,000 naira he gave to each one of them
Re: Alfred Achebe's Entrepreneurship Development & Skill Empowers 70 Youths by chiwetaluAGU(m): 10:01am On Jun 18, 2016
shevchenko:

35,000,000/70= 8,000,000

Re: Alfred Achebe's Entrepreneurship Development & Skill Empowers 70 Youths by Catastrophe1: 10:16am On Jun 18, 2016
agbogidi 1 of Onitsha Ado. they say we are not our brothers keeper, yet we keep proving them wrong. in this hardtimes u splashed out to help the youths may God continue to replenish ur pockets in Jesus name Amen.
Re: Alfred Achebe's Entrepreneurship Development & Skill Empowers 70 Youths by MrGerald(m): 10:19am On Jun 18, 2016
iaamxavier:
isn't that too much for just 70 he shoudaa increased the number
it's too much because Nigeria is known for creating jobs that doesn't create wealth rater will cause you more hardship, that number is OK.

1 Like

Re: Alfred Achebe's Entrepreneurship Development & Skill Empowers 70 Youths by fireforfire: 10:20am On Jun 18, 2016
Ooni of Ife must be waking many royal father's from their sleep.

From d look of things , he's d most talked about royalty trending now

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alfred Achebe's Entrepreneurship Development & Skill Empowers 70 Youths by Sirsubway1: 10:28am On Jun 18, 2016
shevchenko:

35,000,000/70= 8,000,000

Go school, uno gree. Lmaoo

1 Like

Re: Alfred Achebe's Entrepreneurship Development & Skill Empowers 70 Youths by JohnChuma(m): 11:00am On Jun 18, 2016
Quite commendable! If other traditional rulers will emulate him, societal challenges will be minimal. Kudos to a distinguished traditional ruler.

1 Like

Re: Alfred Achebe's Entrepreneurship Development & Skill Empowers 70 Youths by smallJagaban: 11:02am On Jun 18, 2016
LieDetector:
Some other traditional ruler would have budgeted that money for a US tour and the impoverished subjects would hail him to high heaven....

Nice one Obi

WHERE WERE YOU WHEN THE OBA GAVE SCHOLARSHIPS TO OSUN CITIZENS, CASHEW IMPORTATION?

OBI OF ONITSHA, THE THIRD CLASS KING

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alfred Achebe's Entrepreneurship Development & Skill Empowers 70 Youths by JohnChuma(m): 11:05am On Jun 18, 2016
[quote author=chiwetaluAGU post=46682951][/quote]
lol... each would get 500,000. abi ma which formula you take divide the 35m?
Re: Alfred Achebe's Entrepreneurship Development & Skill Empowers 70 Youths by JohnChuma(m): 11:06am On Jun 18, 2016
[quote author=chiwetaluAGU post=46682951][/quote]
lol... each would get 500,000. abi na which formula you take divide the 35m?
Re: Alfred Achebe's Entrepreneurship Development & Skill Empowers 70 Youths by legendte(m): 11:20am On Jun 18, 2016
shevchenko:

35,000,000/70= 8,000,000

Buhari please declare state of emergency. R.I.P maths, mathematics and arithmetic. Nigeria is mathematically finished.
Re: Alfred Achebe's Entrepreneurship Development & Skill Empowers 70 Youths by investnow2013: 11:36am On Jun 18, 2016
Obi of Love Art:

Obi Alfred Achebe Of Onitsha: A Monarch That Loves Art.
Nov 04, 2015 ARTS & CULTURE

Igwe Alfred Achebe (Agbogidi) The Obi of Onitsha is one of the Art and culture loving monarchs in Nigeria

He worked in many organisations at top management level, served in Shell International Company Limited, London, was managing director of Diamond Bank, chairman of Universal Insurance Ltd and Omak Maritime Ltd.

But among all these,the revered monarch is a good collector of art works, promoter of artists and that is why he is seen in many exhibitions in Nigeria.

As a result of his love for art and numerous contributions towards the growth of Art in Africa, the organisers of Life in My City Art Festival (LIMCAF) recently installed him as the Patron of the body, an offer he easily accepted.

In this interview, the art loving monarch talks about his plans for the development of art in Onitsha, Nigeria, why he accepted the offer and other issues. Excerpts:

By Japhet Alakam

You are a good collector of art works, and seen in almost all exhibitions in Lagos, why do you have much interest in Arts, especially for a man coming from the oil sector?

I don’t know, its natural, its natural, I grew up in an environment where art is appreciated (Onitsha). Art is part and parcel of our life in Onitsha. The way traditional houses are decorated with beads, our masquerades, dances are all very artistic, so seen in the visual art is very natural.

Recently, you were offered the position of the patron of LIMCAF, and what baffled many was the way you easily accepted the offer, why?

My instant decision to support the LIMCAF was naturally my duty and pleasure. As a royal father, I consider it my natural responsibility to support everything that is good for man, every endeavour, effort and all laudable initiatives that can edify the human spirit and nature, and this is one of them.

Also, coincidentally, I share with all of you, and many more persons, a deep passion for the visual arts. This confluence of duty and pleasure has resulted in my happy participation. Thus, notwithstanding my many other commitments, I will do my best to remain part of this noble initiative, just as I support other art activities around the country.

Surprisingly, in a society that is gradually going away from those humanistic values that nurtured people like you when you were growing up.

The distance is becoming very far as they tend to look toward the materialistic things. But here you are still interested in bringing back such things in a city like Onitsha that is known for its commercial enterprise, its amazing, what do you say?

Well, it is a challenge, like I said earlier on, the world or life today in Nigeria is not like when we were growing up.

There is too much pressure, there is too much materialism, too much craving for money, power etc., but at the end of the day you ask yourself, what really is the essence of life and you have all the money in the world, it does not make you happy or you have a little bit of of knowledge of your culture, where you come from, what your ancestors do, how the creativity in men, art, drama, poetry, literature all bring out the intrinsic qualities of man and the enjoyment of these and the sponsorship of the creativity of these has its own reward spiritually .

If you go to all the countries in the world, countries spend fortunes on their culture, not only their own culture, they even try to bring up other people’s, go to Smithsonian museum which is the official museum of United States of America, they have a whole section for African art, African literature.

They want the Americans to appreciate the art and culture of the world, it should be the same, as a traditional ruler, it is my duty to support the revival of these, not just me, but every Nigerian should become part of this transformation. Money is good but money is not everything. The intrinsic values of human beings are also very important.

Presently, Nigeria is fighting a religious battle with insurgents. How much do you think the patronage of art by every Nigerian should help in mitigating against these types of uprisings?

If we are really committed, art is a universal language, music, poetry, creativity are all universal languages, if we focus on our culture just like what LIMCAF is trying to do with exhibitions in Kaduna, Abuja, Lagos etc., then they will bring together these young artists from other parts of the country to share with one another.

I have been at the grand finale of LIMCAF in two occasions and saw how they hug each other, exchange works etc., it can bring the country a lot of good, these are things that can bring us closer to each other.

Any where there is conflict, people are talking to other people and they are not listening to them, the more we can listen to others as we talk to one another, the more we can get the country better.

You said that you have commenced plans to eventually build a museum/cultural centre in Onitsha, can you throw more light on it?

The plan is just at the concept stage, but the idea is to have a museum and culture centre in Onitsha, where people can go and relax and feel at ease and appreciate the culture of the whole world.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alfred Achebe's Entrepreneurship Development & Skill Empowers 70 Youths by investnow2013: 11:41am On Jun 18, 2016
Obi of Onitsha unveils Chimedie Museum
Posted By: Cultureng Culturengon: May 23, 2016In: News, Visual ArtsNo Comments Print Email
History was made recently when the Obi of Onitsha, His Majesty Nnaemeka Alfred Achebe, CFR, mni, unveiled his plan to build a world-class museum – the Chimedie Museum.

The museum is to serve as a centre of excellence for the development and promotion of African art, and to help create a future in which African art achieves greater relevance and sustainability such that it becomes a key development resource.

The monarch, who also marked the 75th birthday as well as his 14th anniversary on the throne on the day, launched the museum as a private endowment for the benefit of the public.

Speaking at the launch, which had dignitaries including the Anambra State Governor, Willie Obiano, in attendance, the Obi of Onitsha said the museum would make Onitsha and the entire Anambra State destinations of choice for business, tourism and leisure.

He said, “It is our intent to build an edifice, which will become a reference centre for our history and culture, relating the past with the present for the benefit of the future. For instance, it is from the hundreds of museums around the world that we derive most of our knowledge about life in ancient Egypt, Greece, the Roman Empire, China, India, and Nigeria, among the world’s great civilisations.

“The big difference with Nigeria is that we have not cared to preserve our heritage, the best of which now reside in foreign museums, where we and our future generations will painfully visit if we must know about our past. Today’s event is the beginning of a private journey to reverse that trend for Onitsha Ado N’Idu, Anambra State and, to some extent, Nigeria.

“The museum that we are about to launch today is named after Obi Chimedie, my direct royal ancestor. Chimedie was the son of Eze Aroli, who was the son of Obi Chimaevi, who was the son of Ezechima the founding father of Onitsha Ado N’Idu. My more immediate ancestor, Orezeobi, was the first son of Chimedie. Having taken so many generations and a few hundreds of years for the descendant of Orezeobi to mount the throne of Ezechima, we thought it appropriate to name the museum after Chimedie, the father of Orezeobi”.

The museum, which was designed by Architect Theo Lawson, the creator of Freedom Park in Lagos, will start up with the monarch’s personal collection of modern African Art numbering over 1200 pieces at the present time, and amongst the finest collections of visual art in Nigeria; all his royal paraphernalia and those of his predecessors that may be available, including photographs, music and video recordings, apparels, jewelleries, ornaments, etc.; as well as hhistoric documents and research materials, including the digital copies of the entire academic materials built up by Professor Richard and Dr. Mrs. Helen Henderson, who devoted their entire academic life to the socio-anthropological study of Onitsha.

Igwe Achebe noted that the Chimedie Museum Trust Foundation had been duly registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission as a not-for-profit independent trust and a board of trustees would soon be constituted.

He also said the land for the museum had been allocated in his name by the state government and he had executed an irrevocable Deed of Gift conveying the land to the Chimedie Museum Trust Foundation.

The monarch added that the museum will be a ccentre for education and enlightenment on the history and culture of Onitsha and Igboland.

“The museum will in due course be linked with one of our universities and become a Centre for Onitsha and Igbo Studies. Our daughter and distinguished academic, Professor Nkiru Nzegwu, of the State University of New York in Binghamton, New York, has painstakingly built up a bibliography of over 500 sources of published materials on Onitsha and related subjects. The museum will equally painstakingly acquire such materials over time to become a research centre,” he said.

Obiano, who performed the foundation-laying ceremony, was full of praise for the initiative and noted that the museum would help his administration in its bid to develop tourism in the state.

Meanwhile, the Chimedie Museum Trust Foundation is engaged in discussion with the University of Nigeria, Nsukka, to endow a prize for an annual award for creative excellence to a graduating student of the Department of Fine Arts.

The Chimedie Museum will also continue to host the annual Oreze Art Exhibition during Ofala Onitsha.

Re: Alfred Achebe's Entrepreneurship Development & Skill Empowers 70 Youths by waltinnovers: 12:16pm On Jun 18, 2016
shevchenko:

35,000,000/70= 8,000,000

Shevchenko, you don't need king obi to send you to kg, I will single handedly do that to improve you in mathematics
Re: Alfred Achebe's Entrepreneurship Development & Skill Empowers 70 Youths by seguntijan(m): 12:33pm On Jun 18, 2016
The great ONI IFE is now showing them how it's been done. He has done that in several capacity.
LONG LIVE ILE IFE
LONG LIVE ODUDUWA
LONG LIVE SOUTHWEST
LONG LIVE NIGERIA

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Igbo Language Lab / Some Strange Traditions That Would Freak You Out / Pidgin To Become A Formal Language

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.