Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,111 members, 7,828,943 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:21 PM

Man Kills Himself In Court After Hearing Prison Sentence. - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Man Kills Himself In Court After Hearing Prison Sentence. (2388 Views)

Adekunle Gold Started Practicing Football Skills After Hearing Neymar's Deal / Toke Makinwa In Court For Her Divorce Hearing (Photos) / Don Jazzy To Sign Debbie Rise Into Mavin Records, After Hearing This… (#bbnaija) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Kills Himself In Court After Hearing Prison Sentence. by Weedkhalifa(f): 2:44am On Jun 18, 2016
A man in a Taiwan courtroom committed suicide after hearing his prison sentence over marijuana charges reported the Taipei Times.

The Taipei Times reported the man was 41-year-old U.S. citizen Tyrel Martin Marhanka, who had lived in Taiwan for over 15 years where he was married to a Taiwanese woman and had a son in second grade and a daughter in kindergarten said court officials.

Marhanka was standing trial for marijuana possession as well as other narcotics for which he was arrested last year in April. The ​Taipei Times reported more than 200 cannabis plants, 195 dried cannabis plants and 10 opium poppies, were discovered by police at a rented house.

Despite the large amount of drugs Marhanka reportedly told police the plants were for his personal use and that he grew them as a "hobby."
Related

The grisly suicide happened Thursday morning. Witnesses said the judge read the sentence, which was then told to Marhanka by a translator. Marhanka was reportedly heard saying, "Four years?"

Marhanka was also reportedly heard saying "I don't want to appeal" when the translator told him he could appeal the ruling.

"I don't want to live anymore," Marhanka yelled, according to witnesses, as he took out two metal objects (one in each hand) and stabbed himself on both sides of the neck. Marhanka severed arteries with witnesses saying blood was gushing.

The metal objects were identified as a pair of scissors Marhanka had separated. He died about 30 minutes after reaching the hospital said medics.

In a press conference Thursday afternoon held by the district court, presiding judge Wang Yi-min said the court was going to improve the court's building security by installing an X-ray machine.

Source: http://www.newsfacebook.co.uk/2016/06/man-kills-himself-in-court-after.html

Re: Man Kills Himself In Court After Hearing Prison Sentence. by BabaAlabi: 2:57am On Jun 18, 2016
Weedkhalifa:
"I don't want to live anymore," Marhanka yelled, according to witnesses, as he took out two metal objects (one in each hand) and stabbed himself on both sides of the neck. Marhanka severed arteries with witnesses saying blood was gushing.
Say what you will but this is a man who really wanted to die. He prepared for the verdict and planned his next move accordingly. There is something admirable about a man going out on his own terms. Respect!

5 Likes

Re: Man Kills Himself In Court After Hearing Prison Sentence. by Nobody: 3:18am On Jun 18, 2016
What of the judgement waiting for him in
heaven... I might sound religious, but trust me,
heaven and hell are real.
He killed himself because he's a spoilt brat. 4
years of prison sentence, that he could still
appeal and get like 1-2 years and get out of
prison in less than a year with good behaviour. . .
instead he killed himself, he's a weakling, not a
man at all. . .
If he knew he was so weak, why was he growing
drugs in the first place. . . not everywhere is
yankee. . .

4 Likes

Re: Man Kills Himself In Court After Hearing Prison Sentence. by KissCODE(m): 3:31am On Jun 18, 2016
there is what is called ritual suicide in Asia especially amongst Chinese and Japanese.
so what the guy did is just normal because it will save one from being disgraced...

forget... Suicide is not for guys like me that Love life

2 Likes

Re: Man Kills Himself In Court After Hearing Prison Sentence. by talktonase(m): 3:47am On Jun 18, 2016
the sad end of drug abuse...
Re: Man Kills Himself In Court After Hearing Prison Sentence. by queenoflafia(f): 4:28am On Jun 18, 2016
There was a time I was tired of living and wanted to commit suicide but I didn't know how to do it and there was no any experienced person that could put me through
Re: Man Kills Himself In Court After Hearing Prison Sentence. by matrix199(m): 4:34am On Jun 18, 2016
He exclaimed "4 years" because he knew serving a 4 year jail term without smoking his weed for a day or a week would be a living hell. That explains why he took his own life.

1 Like

Re: Man Kills Himself In Court After Hearing Prison Sentence. by abiolert(m): 4:37am On Jun 18, 2016
In Gods case no appeal
Re: Man Kills Himself In Court After Hearing Prison Sentence. by favourmic(m): 5:10am On Jun 18, 2016
queenoflafia:
There was a time I was tired of living and wanted to commit suicide but I didn't know how to do it and there was no any experienced person that could put me through

Funny it's very simple when you see a moving truck or car just run and stand in front of it, or u can help your self by jumping inside ocean... Mind you hell is waiting
Re: Man Kills Himself In Court After Hearing Prison Sentence. by proeast(m): 6:25am On Jun 18, 2016
Double wahala for dead body. Was it a life sentence or capital punishment that would make him take his life & to think he has the opportunity to appeal? This is surreal.
Re: Man Kills Himself In Court After Hearing Prison Sentence. by queenoflafia(f): 7:28am On Jun 18, 2016
favourmic:

Funny it's very simple when you see a moving truck or car just run and stand in front of it, or u can help your self by jumping inside ocean... Mind you hell is waiting
Is that how you did your own
Re: Man Kills Himself In Court After Hearing Prison Sentence. by favourmic(m): 7:50am On Jun 18, 2016
queenoflafia:

Is that how you did your own

Hahaha why would I want to commit suicide in the first place? I'm tired of preaching if someone wants to kill him/her self it's free world
Re: Man Kills Himself In Court After Hearing Prison Sentence. by queenoflafia(f): 7:52am On Jun 18, 2016
favourmic:

Hahaha why would I want to commit suicide in the first place? I'm tired of preaching if someone wants to kill him/her self it's free world
Just look at you.
Re: Man Kills Himself In Court After Hearing Prison Sentence. by favourmic(m): 7:57am On Jun 18, 2016
queenoflafia:

Just look at you.

No be you wan kill your self? It's a free world
Re: Man Kills Himself In Court After Hearing Prison Sentence. by BabaAlabi: 8:55am On Jun 18, 2016
blackberlin:

What of the judgement waiting for him in heaven... I might sound religious, but trust me, heaven and hell are real.

He killed himself because he's a spoilt brat. 4 years of prison sentence, that he could still appeal and get like 1-2 years and get out of prison in less than a year with good behaviour. . . instead he killed himself, he's a weakling, not a man at all. . .

If he knew he was so weak, why was he growing drugs in the first place. . . not everywhere is yankee. . .
Just because you believe something does not make it true. Your believe in heaven and hell is your own subjective reality. The beginning of religious extremism (both Muslim and Christian) starts when you judge others according to your own religion. The man wanted to die and he found a way to do it. C'est fini. Shikina. End of matter.
Re: Man Kills Himself In Court After Hearing Prison Sentence. by Nobody: 9:05am On Jun 18, 2016
BabaAlabi:

Just because you believe something does not make it true. Your believe in heaven and hell is your own subjective reality. The beginning of religious extremism (both Muslim and Christian) starts when you judge others according to your own religion. The man wanted to die and he found a way to do it. C'est fini. Shikina. End of matter.

I understand your views and I'm not forcing mine on you, so let's not go there. However, the truth remains that what he demonstrated was weakness. . . no strength in suicide. Now he has left his family in tragedy and left a stupid story. . .

When they ask his child in school "how did your father die" what's his/her answer gonna be? He committed suicide because he didnt wanna appeal a 4-year court sentence over cannabis?

Stop celebrating mediocrity. . .

1 Like

Re: Man Kills Himself In Court After Hearing Prison Sentence. by BabaAlabi: 9:48am On Jun 18, 2016
blackberlin:

I understand your views and I'm not forcing mine on you, so let's not go there. However, the truth remains that what he demonstrated was weakness. . . no strength in suicide. Now he has left his family in tragedy and left a stupid story. . .

When they ask his child in school "how did your father die" what's his/her answer gonna be? He committed suicide because he didnt wanna appeal a 4-year court sentence over cannabis?

Stop celebrating mediocrity. . .
At least we have gotten religion out of the way cool. I disagree with your statement connoting that there is no strength in suicide because people's perception of strength is relative. Suicide is having the balls to take matters into your own hands. To take control. He received a sentence he did not like and did something about it rather than futilely appealing for mercy. One problem with Nigerians and Africans is that we have suffered so much and enjoyed life so little that the thought of death absolutely terrifies us. Some people have no problem with dying. Let them be.
Re: Man Kills Himself In Court After Hearing Prison Sentence. by Nobody: 10:26am On Jun 18, 2016
BabaAlabi:

At least we have gotten religion out of the way cool. I disagree with your statement connoting that there is no strength in suicide because people's perception of strength is relative. Suicide is having the balls to take matters into your own hands. To take control. He received a sentence he did not like and did something about it rather than futilely appealing for mercy. One problem with Nigerians and Africans is that we have suffered so much and enjoyed life so little that the thought of death absolutely terrifies us. Some people have no problem with dying. Let them be.

You analyse your perspective without reference to the sorrounding entities. He left a family in tears, over an issue with an available solution. Your philosophical approach is commendable, but not effective without proper governing dynamics.

How efficient is a suicide over such a meagre issue? That's the point. . .
Re: Man Kills Himself In Court After Hearing Prison Sentence. by Ajewealth123(m): 11:03am On Jun 18, 2016
Weedkhalifa:
A man in a Taiwan courtroom committed suicide after hearing his prison sentence over marijuana charges reported the Taipei Times.

The Taipei Times reported the man was 41-year-old U.S. citizen Tyrel Martin Marhanka, who had lived in Taiwan for over 15 years where he was married to a Taiwanese woman and had a son in second grade and a daughter in kindergarten said court officials.

Marhanka was standing trial for marijuana possession as well as other narcotics for which he was arrested last year in April. The ​Taipei Times reported more than 200 cannabis plants, 195 dried cannabis plants and 10 opium poppies, were discovered by police at a rented house.

Despite the large amount of drugs Marhanka reportedly told police the plants were for his personal use and that he grew them as a "hobby."
Related

The grisly suicide happened Thursday morning. Witnesses said the judge read the sentence, which was then told to Marhanka by a translator. Marhanka was reportedly heard saying, "Four years?"

Marhanka was also reportedly heard saying "I don't want to appeal" when the translator told him he could appeal the ruling.

The metal objects were identified as a pair of scissors Marhanka had separated. He died about 30 minutes after reaching the hospital said medics.

In a press conference Thursday afternoon held by the district court, presiding judge Wang Yi-min said the court was going to improve the court's building security by installing an X-ray machine.

Source: http://www.newsfacebook.co.uk/2016/06/man-kills-himself-in-court-after.html
just ordinary four years? He should come to kirikiri where men waste away without being charged. Some of them didn't even commit the offense they were arrested. This man get hope where dem look ita boys dey naw
Re: Man Kills Himself In Court After Hearing Prison Sentence. by BabaAlabi: 11:19am On Jun 18, 2016
blackberlin:

You analyse your perspective without reference to the sorrounding entities. He left a family in tears, over an issue with an available solution. Your philosophical approach is commendable, but not effective without proper governing dynamics.

How efficient is a suicide over such a meagre issue? That's the point. . .
Insignificant to you but not to him. That's the point!
Re: Man Kills Himself In Court After Hearing Prison Sentence. by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jun 18, 2016
BabaAlabi:

Insignificant to you but not to him. That's the point!

Still absurd... both morally and psychologically
Re: Man Kills Himself In Court After Hearing Prison Sentence. by David25(m): 10:29pm On Jun 18, 2016
queenoflafia:

I'm glad you are still there living your life. I promise you that one day, you'll be glad you stayed alive. Sometimes it gets really worse before things turn up for the best. You just have to survive the worse phase.

*Cheers*
Re: Man Kills Himself In Court After Hearing Prison Sentence. by queenoflafia(f): 12:00am On Jun 19, 2016
David25:

I'm glad you are still there living your life. I promise you that one day, you'll be glad you stayed alive. Sometimes it gets really worse before things turn up for the best. You just have to survive the worse phase.

*Cheers*
Thanks so much.I love you

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Top Ten Richest Kid In The World Money Speaking! !!!!!!!! / Meet Woman Born With Two Vaginas As She Bares Her Physical & Emotional Problems / LOL!! Don Jazzy's 2nd Reply To Peter Okoye About His Wedding Ish With Linda

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.