Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,929 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:40 AM

How To Get Travel Into Nigeria Without A Nigerian Passport - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How To Get Travel Into Nigeria Without A Nigerian Passport (1771 Views)

Nigerian Passport Ranked Among Countries With Least Powerful Passports / See The Official Cost Of A Nigerian Passport / Nigerian Passport Renewal Wait Time In The U.K Is A Joke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Get Travel Into Nigeria Without A Nigerian Passport by dare2differ: 6:56am On Jun 18, 2016
Does anyone know how to travel to Nigeria without a passport? I will also like to know the formalities I have to go through before I can do so legally? My Nigerian passport has expired and It might take some time to get a reissuance in London. Visa is also not an option because it would be a waste of money and time when I could get my passport instead. I need to get into Nigeria as soon as possible and time is what O do not have. Thanks.

I will appreciate if you could move this to fp @ justwise and disguy. It is an emergency.
Re: How To Get Travel Into Nigeria Without A Nigerian Passport by worry359(m): 7:13am On Jun 18, 2016
dare2differ:
Does anyone know how to travel to Nigeria without a passport? I will also like to know the formalities I have to go through before I can do so legally? My Nigerian passport has expired and It might take some time to get a reissuance in London. Visa is also not an option because it would be a waste of money and time when I could get my passport instead. I need to get into Nigeria as soon as possible and time is what O do not have. Thanks.
I will appreciate if you could move this to fp @ justwise and disguy. It is an emergency.

Go to Nigerian embassy and request emergency travel document.

But you can travel to your home country with an expired passport, that's international law.
Be prepared for hassle from bully criminal Nigerian airport officials wanting something!

http://www.immigration.gov.ng/index.php?id=24
Re: How To Get Travel Into Nigeria Without A Nigerian Passport by justwise(m): 7:14am On Jun 18, 2016
dare2differ:

Do you have resident permit or British passport?
Re: How To Get Travel Into Nigeria Without A Nigerian Passport by justwise(m): 7:15am On Jun 18, 2016
worry359:

But you can travel to your home country with an expired passport, that's international law.
Be prepared for hassle from bully criminal Nigerian airport officials wanting something!

That is not possible as he still has a passport
Re: How To Get Travel Into Nigeria Without A Nigerian Passport by dare2differ: 7:18am On Jun 18, 2016
I do have an EU passport not British
justwise:

Do you have resident permit or British passport?
Re: How To Get Travel Into Nigeria Without A Nigerian Passport by dare2differ: 7:20am On Jun 18, 2016
I can't get an ETC because of the cost. I will be funding myself and at the moment, I need all the cents I can get
worry359:

Re: How To Get Travel Into Nigeria Without A Nigerian Passport by justwise(m): 7:20am On Jun 18, 2016
dare2differ:
I do have an EU passport

Then you can travel with that expired passport and renew it in Nigeria.

Obviously you maybe asked at the airport just need to explain to them.
Re: How To Get Travel Into Nigeria Without A Nigerian Passport by dare2differ: 7:23am On Jun 18, 2016
Thank you so much. Would I need to prove my Nigerian nationality such as birth certificate, school certificates and the rest?

justwise:

Then you can travel with that expired passport and renew it in Nigeria.

Obviously you maybe asked at the airport just need to explain to them.

Re: How To Get Travel Into Nigeria Without A Nigerian Passport by justwise(m): 7:29am On Jun 18, 2016
dare2differ:
Thank you so much. Would I need to prove my Nigerian nationality such as birth certificate, school certificates and the rest?

Not at all. Calmly explain to them if asked that it's an emergency and that you will be renewing it when you get to Nigeria.
Re: How To Get Travel Into Nigeria Without A Nigerian Passport by dare2differ: 7:31am On Jun 18, 2016
You are a life saver. All I need are a valid passport and an expired passport.

Will you be so kind to tell me how you knew about this? smiley. I asked because I need to prove to my dad that it would be possible/allowed.
justwise:

Not at all. Calmly explain to them if asked that it's an emergency and that you will be renewing it when you get to Nigeria.

Re: How To Get Travel Into Nigeria Without A Nigerian Passport by justwise(m): 7:43am On Jun 18, 2016
dare2differ:

Will you be so kind to tell me how you knew about this? smiley

It's an open secret and there is a thread here about people who have done it successfully.( can't find the thread)

Last March when I traveled to Nigeria my Nigerian passport has just few days left and it expired while I was in Nigeria, i had my ILR card with me and the expired passport and I was able to return back to the UK though I was reminded by the immigration that I need to renew it but they still stamped me out.

You can't be refused entry to Nigeria as long as you have a proof that you are a Nigerian.
Re: How To Get Travel Into Nigeria Without A Nigerian Passport by dare2differ: 7:54am On Jun 18, 2016
Thank you so much. You have reduced my worries. smiley
justwise:

It's an open secret and there is a thread here about people who have done it successfully.( can't find the thread)

Last March when I traveled to Nigeria my Nigerian passport has just few days left and it expired while I was in Nigeria, i had my ILR card with me and the expired passport and I was able to return back to the UK though I was reminded by the immigration that I need to renew it but they still stamped me out.

You can't be refused entry to Nigeria as long as you have a proof that you are a Nigerian.
Re: How To Get Travel Into Nigeria Without A Nigerian Passport by justwise(m): 8:00am On Jun 18, 2016
dare2differ:
Thank you so much. You have reduced my worries. smiley

Don't forget to tell us how it pans out
Re: How To Get Travel Into Nigeria Without A Nigerian Passport by dare2differ: 8:05am On Jun 18, 2016
I won't. Thanks
justwise:

Don't forget to tell us how it pans out
Re: How To Get Travel Into Nigeria Without A Nigerian Passport by hopy68(m): 10:36am On Jun 18, 2016
A friend lost his travel documents on ariving at d airport in abidjan wen screening luggage buy 4got to carry it pls what steps should be taking to get it back pls tnx.......urgent
Re: How To Get Travel Into Nigeria Without A Nigerian Passport by desoul: 11:36am On Jun 18, 2016
op..No immigration official has the right to deny a Nigerian citizen entrance to his country,..it is a very serious offence, just book your flight, at the POE here in naija show them your green kpali..the immigration officer will stamp you in (SOA) but will have to remind you to renew it immediately if you have any need of travelling back...stop worrying your self
Re: How To Get Travel Into Nigeria Without A Nigerian Passport by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jun 19, 2016
dare2differ:

Will you be so kind to tell me how you knew about this? smiley. I asked because I need to prove to [b]my dad [/b]that it would be possible/allowed.
Lol so also use this "my daddy" thingy too cheesy I use to see u as some rugged/no-nonsense girl before(one of the things I like bout u). Though it's nice to know you have dz kinda softness in u. cheesy cheesy
Re: How To Get Travel Into Nigeria Without A Nigerian Passport by dare2differ: 9:03pm On Jun 19, 2016
There is a limit to a no nonsense attitude to your people especially your parents.

I am definitely soft too

ActOfWar:

Lol so also use this "my daddy" thingy too cheesy I use to see u as some rugged/no-nonsense girl before(one of the things I like bout u). Though it's nice to know you have dz kinda softness in u. cheesy cheesy
Re: How To Get Travel Into Nigeria Without A Nigerian Passport by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jun 19, 2016
dare2differ:
There is a limit to a no nonsense attitude to your people especially your parents.

I am definitely soft too

Lol may we witness more of ur soft side. Amin cheesy
Safe trip to u whenever u decide to fly back to 9ja. smiley
Re: How To Get Travel Into Nigeria Without A Nigerian Passport by dare2differ: 9:13pm On Jun 19, 2016
My soft side is always there now. Thanks for the wish.

ActOfWar:

Lol may we witness more of ur soft side. Amin cheesy
Safe trip to u whenever u decide to fly back to 9ja. smiley

(1) (Reply)

Is It Possible For A Family Of 4 To Relocate Out Of Nigeria / Luxury Bus Trapped In Mud Along Enugu-onitsha Road [photos] / Stunning Beautiful Pictures Of Ibadan. Biggest City In West Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.