Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,294 members, 7,818,993 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:42 AM

Glo's Unrepentantly Slow Internet - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Glo's Unrepentantly Slow Internet (1263 Views)

Google Is Releasing A New Android App To Beat Slow Internet Speeds In Africa. / #glo4glte Can Save You From That Frustrating Slow Internet Speed. / Complete Guide On How To Fix Slow Charging On All Infinix Smartphones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Glo's Unrepentantly Slow Internet by tomquest: 4:08am On Jun 19, 2016
GLO'S SLOWEST INTERNET

So after much hesitation yesterday, I can't explain the compulsion that led me into a Glo outlet to buy a sim, got it registered and activated. It was weekend, and with the much ado given to Glo's magnanimity in dolling out hordes of Gigabytes for much less cost, I opted for the 3 GB 7-day plan which cost a paltry N500. A tempting offer wasn't it?

To cut this long story short, I had the WORST internet browsing experience with glo, since the invention of modern computing. I just don't know how to describe this, but it felt like 1984 on a mainframe system! I just frustratingly watched time-blended MBs roll away without any work done.

What has gone wrong with Glo for Pete's sake? For over a month now I've read several complaints from Glo users hinting on how terrible it has become in terms of quality service delivery. Perhaps many Nigerians have ended up smashing their devices because of the psychological torture a deliberately slow network offers. Seriously at one point yesterday I felt like putting my sim in a grinding machine.

What is glo doing about their slow internet network of late? Apart from announcing new tempting bumper offers of data, I've not heard of or seen any efforts in this direction. Has the Nigerian factor finally sipped in to gradually smear this company with an unbearable stench of inefficiency?

Just before I wrote this lamentation, I've removed my Glo sim and sworn never to have anything to do with the useless piece of crappy chip again. And remember what they say about a dissatisfied customer? He tells 20 others. Am I alone on this?

1 Like

Re: Glo's Unrepentantly Slow Internet by BigBelleControl(m): 5:18am On Jun 19, 2016
Few months ago, glo network was relatively fast. However, since they began to crash their subscription rates, it has become the most crappy network ever. I also suspect their facility cannot accommodate the deluge of customers that migrated to glo from mtn due to the sim registration brouhaha.

1 Like

Re: Glo's Unrepentantly Slow Internet by talk2alabama: 5:57am On Jun 19, 2016
Most nigerians still don't get it.

They respond quickly to quantity offers than quality services. Now dats why anyone can make a run for ur money without any stress.

I told myself even if Glo likes, let them make 1 gb 100 naira, as long as their Internet service is slow, i'm not buying! Pretty simple.

My only option now is airtel. If only etisalat could get sense a Lil bit and reduce their rates for Internet subscription, it would be worthwhile.

1 Like

Re: Glo's Unrepentantly Slow Internet by tomquest: 6:01am On Jun 19, 2016
talk2alabama:

They respond quickly to quantity offers than quality services. Now dats why anyone can make a run for ur money without any stress.

I told myself even if Glo likes, let them make 1 gb 100 naira, as long as their Internet service is slow, i'm not buying! Pretty simple.

My only option now is airtel. If only etisalat could get sense a Lil bit and reduce their rates for Internet subscription, it would be worthwhile.

Airtel and MTN seem to be doing pretty well.
Re: Glo's Unrepentantly Slow Internet by talk2alabama: 6:25am On Jun 19, 2016
tomquest:

Airtel and MTN seem to be doing pretty well.
Mtn Naaah, airtel yes...
Re: Glo's Unrepentantly Slow Internet by sseunth(m): 6:59am On Jun 19, 2016
glo is very fast here
Re: Glo's Unrepentantly Slow Internet by Youngpo413: 7:25am On Jun 19, 2016
talk2alabama:

etisalat is quality not quantity.
Re: Glo's Unrepentantly Slow Internet by talk2alabama: 7:29am On Jun 19, 2016
Youngpo413:
etisalat is quality not quantity.
yeah they are....
Re: Glo's Unrepentantly Slow Internet by oodua1stson: 7:36am On Jun 19, 2016
Glo used to be crap in my area and office but in about a week now the network has greatly improved

I could not believe it when I streamed a 6 minutes video on Glo without buffering
Re: Glo's Unrepentantly Slow Internet by inveco(m): 9:47am On Jun 19, 2016
oodua1stson:
Glo used to be crap in my area and office but in about a week now the network has greatly improved

I could not believe it when I streamed a 6 minutes video on Glo without buffering
Good in terms of streaming videos but try to download such video, mhen, u go smash ur phone

1 Like

Re: Glo's Unrepentantly Slow Internet by oodua1stson: 9:51am On Jun 19, 2016
inveco:

Good in terms of streaming videos but try to download such video, mhen, u go smash ur phone
I've downloaded some few things this morning

Actually I didn't even subscribe cos I already gave up on Glo but I was given 200mb in twin bash and it was pretty fast

You should also give it a try. It has improved a lot
Re: Glo's Unrepentantly Slow Internet by tomquest: 11:20am On Jun 19, 2016
oodua1stson:

Was it at night?
Re: Glo's Unrepentantly Slow Internet by tomquest: 11:23am On Jun 19, 2016
inveco:

But seriously anyone with anger issues shouldn't use glo cos you'll definitely smash your phone out of frustration. Glo is the latest corporate scam as we speak.
Re: Glo's Unrepentantly Slow Internet by tomquest: 11:25am On Jun 19, 2016
sseunth:
glo is very fast here

Lucky you. But Glo customers mustn't relocate to you area in order to enjoy quality internet service, must they?
Re: Glo's Unrepentantly Slow Internet by sseunth(m): 11:39am On Jun 19, 2016
tomquest:

Lucky you. But Glo customers mustn't relocate to you area in order to enjoy quality internet service, must they?
we much using glo here o...bt it is only for browsing....nobody is using them to call
Re: Glo's Unrepentantly Slow Internet by oyaskii(m): 11:41am On Jun 19, 2016
Glos has been trash in my Area for close to 6 months up till about a week ago now...see speed..Greatly improved

1 Like

Re: Glo's Unrepentantly Slow Internet by Donbigi2(m): 2:36pm On Jun 19, 2016
Hmmm... Glo is good in my area
Re: Glo's Unrepentantly Slow Internet by Umarr: 4:53pm On Jun 19, 2016
Am officially done with their terrible network so I ported to Etisalat. And no amount of cheap data no matter how tempting it's will make me go back. They are as stubborn as granite. Refused to listen to the customers demands, now I wish them to suffer the way we did.

1 Like

Re: Glo's Unrepentantly Slow Internet by orobosaro: 5:20pm On Jun 19, 2016
Glo is as useless as the P in Psychology

1 Like

Re: Glo's Unrepentantly Slow Internet by ComradeTY(m): 7:42pm On Jun 19, 2016
What is the cost and the amount of data (Etisaat)

(1) (Reply)

"Infinix Hot 4 Pro" Unboxing And Full Specifications / Payment On Google's Play Store / How Can I Track My Missing Iphone 6+

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.