Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,860 members, 7,821,004 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:39 AM

Hearing God's Voice - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Hearing God's Voice (703 Views)

Stephanie Otobo Absent At Suleman Defamation Lawsuit Hearing In Ikeja High Court / How Can I Know If I Am Hearing God, Hearing Satan, Or Hearing My Own Thoughts? / Chris Brown Talks About Hearing GOD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Hearing God's Voice by EPyano(m): 6:59am On Jun 19, 2016
"If you want to hear God's Voice run to the altar and kneel down before God and cry to Him"

"If you want your spiritual ears to open, stand up and put your index finger into your ear and close your eyes."

These were the words I heard from several preachers. I had heard so much about hearing God's Voice and really looked forward to the day God would finally speak to me. Pastor after Pastor, would boldly declare: "God spoke to me" or "God says..." I didn't know what His Voice was like, so I saw the Christians who spoke that way as super-Christians or Special.

Like most Christians; I never picked up the Bible to see what it says concerning that. It's easier to accept what others teach than to open the Bible and see for yourself.

What does the Bible really say about hearing God?

1. It is for every believer.

Every believer is a child of God and ought to hear God's Voice.

"Take care not to refuse the one who is speaking! For if they did not escape when they refused the one who warned them on earth, how much less shall we, if we reject the one who warns from heaven?" (Hebrews 12:25 NET).

In the previous verses, we are told where believers are, this verse tells us in that spiritual location where we are; "...the one who is speaking" (present continuous). Thank God the verse doesn't say "...the one who spoke..." neither does it say "...the one who will speak..."

God is speaking today; are you listening?

Jesus as the Shepherd; made a rather important statement

"My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me." (John 10:27 NKJV).

We(the believers) are Jesus' sheep and He is our Shepherd, according to His own Words; every sheep hears His Voice.

2. Decide to hear God's voice:

The Bible offers us tools on what to say and how to say it. Psalms 85:8 gives us something to say about "hearing God's Voice"

"I will hear what God the LORD will speak, For He will speak peace To His people and to His saints; But let them not turn back to folly." (NKJV).

Everything spiritual starts with "saying" and ends with "acting". A believer must make confessions this way "I will hear what God will speak". After such confessions, act in line with what you've been saying; by learning to wait and listen, after praying.

Or, just as you've made out times in the day to pray; make out times in the day to just sit back and listen.

3. Listen to do; not ONLY to know:

There is a verse I think 90% of Christians always quote wrongly that is Hebrews 3:7-8.

"Therefore, as the Holy Spirit says: "Today, if you will hear His voice, do not harden your hearts as in the rebellion, In the day of trial in the wilderness," (Hebrews 3:7-8 NKJV).

Most Christians always quote it as "...if you hear His voice..."

This verse informs us of a mentality to possess when listening. A heart ready to do(to act in line with) what God will say. Don't listen ONLY to know.

Saul, on his way to Damascus, met the Lord and asked "Lord, what do You want me to do?" after the Lord told Him what to do; Saul did exactly what he was told.

Hearing God's Voice is for all, not for select few. Notice, nothing in the above verses talks about opening the spiritual ears as some people purport.

In this post, we haven't gone into; "what people hear". The post is all about helping others who feel less special(like I used to feel), to come out of the complex and start enjoying fellowship with the Father. Where they can speak to the Father and also hear Him speak back to them.

God Bless You.
http://apocalypse.pun.bz/hearing-gods-voice.xhtml
Re: Hearing God's Voice by Nobody: 7:12am On Jun 19, 2016
Amen!!!
Re: Hearing God's Voice by shadeyinka(m): 8:13am On Jul 15, 2016
Hearing God, we all do...even unbelievers. The major problem is discernment.

1. Who is the one speaking?
(my mind?, my spirit?, demons?, God?...)
2. Through what means?
(my Dreams?, my mind?, my spirit?, scriptures?, events?, others?...)
3. What is the interpretation?
(Literal, Symbolic..)

We are too busy and earth conscious that even when we see and hear, they are all overwhelmed with the noise of distraction s.

(1) (Reply)

God's Warning Against Rebellion And Idolatory / Jehovah’s Witnesses Reach Membership Milestones / OPEN HEAVEN Devotional(sun. 18/09/2016)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.