Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,626 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:08 PM

An Igbo Man Becomes The First African To Be Named King James The IV Professor - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / An Igbo Man Becomes The First African To Be Named King James The IV Professor (3011 Views)

Olamide Samuel, The First African PhD Holder In National Security At 25 Years / Head Teacher Demoted To Gateman, Security Man Becomes Teacher In Calabar / Jonathan James, The Guy Who Hacked N.A.S.A When He Was Just 15 Years Old. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Igbo Man Becomes The First African To Be Named King James The IV Professor by Igboid: 8:12am On Jun 19, 2016
[b] Dr. Ogbureke named King James IV Professor; first of African descent

Dr. Kalu U. Ogbureke

Kalu U. Ogbureke, BDS, DMSc, JD, of The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth) School of Dentistry, has been named a King James IV Professor for 2016 by the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh in the U.K. He is the first person of African descent to receive the prestigious award, which is presented annually “in open competition to practitioners of surgery or dental surgery who have made a significant contribution to the clinical and/or scientific basis of surgery.”

Ogbureke delivered the 2016 King James IV Professorship lecture and formally received the award April 22 at the annual meeting of the British Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology in Edinburgh, Scotland.

UTHealth School of Dentistry Dean John A. Valenza, DDS, said the honor is well deserved. “This award affirms to so many others what we here at UTSD have known since Dr. Ogbureke’s return to the School of Dentistry -- and that is his tremendous contribution to the clinical and biomedical sciences in dentistry,” Valenza said. “We are all most proud of him and this recognition.”

Ogbureke joined the UTHealth School of Dentistry faculty in October 2012 and currently serves as chair of the Department of Diagnostic and Biomedical Sciences and professor of oral, maxillofacial, head and neck pathology at the School of Dentistry, as well as professor of pathology and laboratory medicine at UTHealth McGovern Medical School.

Professor Ogbureke holds the following professional membership and title:

Diplomate, American Board of Oral & Maxillofacial Pathology (ABOMP);Diplomate, American Board of Medical Malpractice (ABMM);Diplomate, American Board of Legal Medicine (ABLM);Fellow, American College of Legal Medicine (ACLM);Fulbright Alumnus (Scholar, University of Lagos, 2010-2011);Fellow, American College of Dentists (FACD);Professor of Oral & Maxillofacial Pathology;Professor, Pathology & Lab Medicine, McGovern Medical School;King James IV Professor, Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh (2016);Professor and Chair, Department of Diagnostic and Biomedical Sciences, University of Texas.

http://archive.org/stream/narrativeofexped01alle/narrativeofexped01alle_djvu.txt
[/b]

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: An Igbo Man Becomes The First African To Be Named King James The IV Professor by Igboid: 8:20am On Jun 19, 2016
Igbo kwenu!

Since our enemies are only interested in posting news of Igbo criminal. here, I have taken it upon me to show our shining stars here.

May the gods of Igboland strike any Nigerian that will want this news accredited to Nigeria and not Igboland, after all you hypocrites were no where to be found when your co travellers were singling Ndiigbo out for abuse for a crime supposedly committed by Nigerians who happened to be of Igbo descent.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Igbo Man Becomes The First African To Be Named King James The IV Professor by tysontim(m): 8:20am On Jun 19, 2016
nice change it to Nigerian pls

1 Like

Re: An Igbo Man Becomes The First African To Be Named King James The IV Professor by Igboid: 8:23am On Jun 19, 2016
Let me invite Ndiigbo here.

cc: Adaure4ever, B2mario, Inyinyagboku, Emmaugoh, Ugomba,aka47mann, Oweniwe, Ikechu1, Goldmaxx, Slayersupreme,honourhim,Scholes007,Rose2014,Ojiofor,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An Igbo Man Becomes The First African To Be Named King James The IV Professor by Dreal11247: 8:24am On Jun 19, 2016
Lovers of good should like. People are soon going to hear your own and mine own good news.
Re: An Igbo Man Becomes The First African To Be Named King James The IV Professor by Nobody: 8:25am On Jun 19, 2016
Ewepu Igbo, Nigeria ataa aja.cheesy

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Igbo Man Becomes The First African To Be Named King James The IV Professor by doublewisdom: 8:26am On Jun 19, 2016
Yet another glory. Even after two thread were created by haters of ndi igbo yesterday. God no be man jare.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Igbo Man Becomes The First African To Be Named King James The IV Professor by CAPSLOCKED: 8:35am On Jun 19, 2016
cheesy cheesy

7 Likes

Re: An Igbo Man Becomes The First African To Be Named King James The IV Professor by Nobody: 8:37am On Jun 19, 2016
nna rapu ya otu ahu . ka ara gba ndi oga gba

1 Like

Re: An Igbo Man Becomes The First African To Be Named King James The IV Professor by SpeedyConnect(m): 8:37am On Jun 19, 2016
lalasticlala, if this reaches front page make my hand
Re: An Igbo Man Becomes The First African To Be Named King James The IV Professor by SonOfEl(m): 8:44am On Jun 19, 2016
Yorrobber cowards will evade this thread, if its was anti-igbo, they will flood in like sugar-loving ants.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Igbo Man Becomes The First African To Be Named King James The IV Professor by Goldmaxx(f): 8:58am On Jun 19, 2016
Broda nothing do you,we are just the best

2 Likes

Re: An Igbo Man Becomes The First African To Be Named King James The IV Professor by somehowpenis(m): 9:11am On Jun 19, 2016
Very nice one
Re: An Igbo Man Becomes The First African To Be Named King James The IV Professor by JohnnyAmhan: 9:23am On Jun 19, 2016
What are all these tribal forms of statment and reply for. My brother something like "An Illustrious Nigeria Does It Again" would have been non Ethnically Egocentric, instead of using the phrase" an Igbo man", and for the commentators picking up what we assume to have left in the trash which is tribalism that the colonial masters tried to fully instilled in us would have buttress maturity. It's high time we moved on from our ethnic cocoon into a realm of national co-existence. We are educated seeking light to illuminate our country, inter-ethnic co-existence is what we need. One for all, all for one. Love you all.

1 Like

Re: An Igbo Man Becomes The First African To Be Named King James The IV Professor by Igboid: 9:35am On Jun 19, 2016
JohnnyAmhan:
What are all these tribal forms of statment and reply for. My brother something like "An Illustrious Nigeria Does It Again" would have been non Ethnically Egocentric, instead of using the phrase" an Igbo man", and for the commentators picking up what we assume to have left in the trash which is tribalism that the colonial masters tried to fully instilled in us would have buttress maturity. It's high time we moved on from our ethnic cocoon into a realm of national co-existence. We are educated seeking light to illuminate our country, inter-ethnic co-existence is what we need. One for all, all for one. Love you all.

Hypocrite. Go and sit down. How come we don't see you in Igbo crime threads where you fellow hypocritical Nigerians single Igbos out for ridicule and condemnation.

How come I don't see non Igbo one Nigeria apologists like you there telling the world that they should be seen as Nigerians and not Igbos.

I just wish it's possible to give someone an e-slap, I would have.......

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Igbo Man Becomes The First African To Be Named King James The IV Professor by SonOfEl(m): 9:36am On Jun 19, 2016
Onye abia making ndigbo proud....

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: An Igbo Man Becomes The First African To Be Named King James The IV Professor by Igboid: 9:37am On Jun 19, 2016
Anyway, when is this thread going to reach the Front page?

Lalasticlala, Seun,,Mukina2,

I know that this is not the usual bad news about Ndiigbo, but I can ensure you that any News about Ndiigbo is a traffic magnet, whatcha say? cheesy
Re: An Igbo Man Becomes The First African To Be Named King James The IV Professor by Igboid: 9:39am On Jun 19, 2016
SonOfEl:
Onye abia making ndigbo proud....

Yes o! No part of Igboland is a burden, every part pulls it's weight.
No dulling. Ndi Abia ndewonu o!

Ndiigbo mmamanuo! smiley

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Igbo Man Becomes The First African To Be Named King James The IV Professor by dikeigbo2(m): 9:45am On Jun 19, 2016
Good news ,but let him remember his roots in times of philanthropy.
Re: An Igbo Man Becomes The First African To Be Named King James The IV Professor by tyhgfrdeswscbhf(f): 9:45am On Jun 19, 2016
Am not surprise.... Igbo' s are d most brilliant African race.... Take it or leave.. I respect dem alot....d only people dat can turn desert to forest

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An Igbo Man Becomes The First African To Be Named King James The IV Professor by tyhgfrdeswscbhf(f): 10:08am On Jun 19, 2016
Wen you talk of blacks DAT make things happen in USA u will kW that majority if dem are Igbo's... Go to states like virginia, maryland , new jersy, north carolina .Texas etc na igbo people full dia

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Igbo Man Becomes The First African To Be Named King James The IV Professor by csamii: 10:11am On Jun 19, 2016
I concur!
Re: An Igbo Man Becomes The First African To Be Named King James The IV Professor by tyhgfrdeswscbhf(f): 10:11am On Jun 19, 2016
Am not trying to blow my Trumpet... Igbo's are natural endowed
Re: An Igbo Man Becomes The First African To Be Named King James The IV Professor by Whizzcute(m): 10:17am On Jun 19, 2016
Where are the name checkers?
They won't cum to check the name.
COWARDS THAT ARE ONLY GOOD IN MAKING NOISE IN NAIRALAND .

1 Like

Re: An Igbo Man Becomes The First African To Be Named King James The IV Professor by Nobody: 10:24am On Jun 19, 2016
Sai IGBO.

This is what u get when an IGBO MAN decides to study his books. He will surely catch up and overtake.

In Business, it is another score sheet.
IGBOS have FORMULA ONE AUTOMATED ENGINES in their body system.

This same tribe, embarked on a ravaging war, came out with Nothing, were duped, yet see where they are today.
IMAGINE, if the IGBOS had not embarked on that war... ?

Congratulations, Ndi-Igbo

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Igbo Man Becomes The First African To Be Named King James The IV Professor by Nobody: 11:21am On Jun 19, 2016
Nyc one.
Re: An Igbo Man Becomes The First African To Be Named King James The IV Professor by fr3do(m): 11:38am On Jun 19, 2016
Igbo Kwenu!

I am back from a month ban, all what I said is that Niger Deltans deserve a Niger Delta Republic.
may the simpleton who banned me face the same desolation the ND has faced these past years.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An Igbo Man Becomes The First African To Be Named King James The IV Professor by Abdeeyoungboss(m): 12:09pm On Jun 19, 2016
Igboid:
Igbo kwenu!

Since our enemies are only interested in posting news of Igbo criminal. here, I have taken it upon me to show our shining stars here.

May the gods of Igboland strike any Nigerian that will want this news accredited to Nigeria and not Igboland, after all you hypocrites were no where to be found when your co travellers were singling Ndiigbo out for abuse for a crime supposedly committed by Nigerians who happened to be of Igbo descent.
Anyi bu ofu #proudly anioma

4 Likes

Re: An Igbo Man Becomes The First African To Be Named King James The IV Professor by SonOfEl(m): 12:28pm On Jun 19, 2016
The Igbos, a nation of firsts.....
Anioma kwenu!
Anambra kwenu!
Abia Kwenu!
Ebonyi kwenu!
Enugu kwenu!
Imo kwenu!
Upland rivers kwenu!
Other indigenous Igbo communities kwenu!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Igbo Man Becomes The First African To Be Named King James The IV Professor by AlPeter: 1:05pm On Jun 19, 2016
SonOfEl:
Yorrobber cowards will evade this thread, if its was anti-igbo, they will flood in like sugar-loving ants.
this is the height of stvpidity and foolishness if they post you will tag them jealous if they refuse to comment you will say they are cowards and haters. Damn!
Re: An Igbo Man Becomes The First African To Be Named King James The IV Professor by SonOfEl(m): 1:40pm On Jun 19, 2016
AlPeter:
this is the height of stvpidity and foolishness if they post you will tag them jealous if they refuse to comment you will say they are cowards and haters. Damn!

We will only tag them jealous if they begin to downplay the news or criticize the guy. Its obvious that's what you guys are bent on doing.

Can't you for once appreciate something good? Smh....

1 Like

Re: An Igbo Man Becomes The First African To Be Named King James The IV Professor by OBAFEMIawolowo: 1:41pm On Jun 19, 2016
Chest beating

(1) (2) (Reply)

Get A Study Loan Here !!!!! / Is Gce Result Out? / 3rd Class Degree! Go For Pgd Or Go Back For 2nd Degree

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.