Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,458 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:39 PM

Is There A Difference Between Giving To God, And Giving To The Church? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is There A Difference Between Giving To God, And Giving To The Church? (767 Views)

Difference Between 'giving And Sacrifice' As Nature Demands / Have You Ever Been Blessed Through Tithing And Giving In Church? / It's Only God And Apostle Suleman's Wife That Can Condemn Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There A Difference Between Giving To God, And Giving To The Church? by gost: 8:13am On Jun 19, 2016
BROTHERS AND SISTERS, I WANT CLEARIFICATION WITH THIS TOPIC, SUITABLE BIBLE REFERENCES WILL BE APPRECIATED.

IF I GIVE TO THE CHURCH AM I GIVING TO GOD?
IF I GIVE TO THE POOR OR MY NAIGHBOUR WITHOUT GIVING TO THE CHURCH HAVE I COMITTED A SIN?
CAN I CONTINOUSLY GIVE TO GOD WITHOUT GIVING TO THE CHURCH?

PLEASE I NEED ANSWERS.
THANK YOU ALL.
Re: Is There A Difference Between Giving To God, And Giving To The Church? by AnodaIT(m): 8:22am On Jun 19, 2016
Both

Matt 25: 40 - 45
44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’
Here Christ was very particular about giving to the needy (directly - not giving to the church to give to the needy)

Luke 21:1-4
21 As Jesus looked up, he saw the rich putting their gifts into the temple treasury. 2 He also saw a poor widow put in two very small copper coins. 3 “Truly I tell you,” he said, “this poor widow has put in more than all the others. 4 All these people gave their gifts out of their wealth; but she out of her poverty put in all she had to live on.”
Here Christ unequivocally approved the putting of gift into the temple treasury (church) BUT what He didnt approved was compulsory giving or show off or giving because you were told to. God loves a cheerful giver

2 Likes

Re: Is There A Difference Between Giving To God, And Giving To The Church? by Goodplace: 8:26am On Jun 19, 2016
this topic deserve to be on front page. tnx

1 Like

Re: Is There A Difference Between Giving To God, And Giving To The Church? by Nobody: 8:44am On Jun 19, 2016
Thre is a big diff btw d two.if u gv to church...u gv ur pastor.helpin d needy is givin to God.diz days ppl worship thre pastor nd nt God

2 Likes

Re: Is There A Difference Between Giving To God, And Giving To The Church? by ettaetta(m): 8:51am On Jun 19, 2016
Proverbs 19:17
If you help the poor, you are lending to the Lord—and he will repay you!

2 Likes

Re: Is There A Difference Between Giving To God, And Giving To The Church? by theEYe21(f): 8:56am On Jun 19, 2016
YES! A big difference, giving to God is giving to your fellow human being in need, while giving to church is refilling the pastor's pocket for a new mansion or a private jet grin

3 Likes

Re: Is There A Difference Between Giving To God, And Giving To The Church? by gost: 9:11am On Jun 19, 2016
AnodaIT:
Both

Here Christ was very particular about giving to the needy (directly - not giving to the church to give to the needy)

Here Christ unequivocally approved the putting of gift into the temple treasury (church) BUT what He didnt approved was compulsory giving or show off or giving because you were told to. God loves a cheerful giver

THANK TOU FOR YOUR HORNEST INPUTES PLUS THE SCRIPTURE REFERENCES. LETS KEEP THEM COMING.
Re: Is There A Difference Between Giving To God, And Giving To The Church? by ybalogs(m): 9:19am On Jun 19, 2016
Giving to the poor sincerely supersede any offering given to the church. The money given to the churches is supposed to be given to the poor but that's not the case now. In fact our rich pastors would rather still collect the last penny from these needy than give them from what they've been given to give them. All in all, helping those in need should be our priorities.
Re: Is There A Difference Between Giving To God, And Giving To The Church? by Nobody: 9:24am On Jun 19, 2016
Do your God spend money? you don't give to the church, your tithe & offerings is only meant for the better upkeep of your pastors and their family members, that's why pastors flies private jet today whereas thousands of their church members don't have food on their table.

Why will a man(a pastor) has four jets? is he planning to build a commercial airport where jets alone will be in use? I hope peoples eyes will open to see that this gods of men are just after their own pockets alone, nothing else
Re: Is There A Difference Between Giving To God, And Giving To The Church? by DeSepiero(m): 1:10pm On Jun 19, 2016
If you give to a 'needy', you've given to God as instructed in your religious text. If you give to the church, you give to the course of a proprietary religious movement (known or unknown).
Re: Is There A Difference Between Giving To God, And Giving To The Church? by florencepoko2: 5:05pm On Jun 20, 2016
Nothing prevents you to give to the poor, but you also have to give your tithes and your offrendre there or you get your spiritual food, that is the church that you frequent. What the pastor did with the money is not your problem, it's him and God, at least with respect to God, you're cleared

(1) (Reply)

Why Today's Churches Cannot Produce God Fearing Members / See the Hilarious Signboard That Got People Talking(pic) / Post Your Prayer Requests Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.