Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,890 members, 7,817,617 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:37 PM

This Is How You Will Know Genuine Samsung Phone - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / This Is How You Will Know Genuine Samsung Phone (11587 Views)

Which Samsung Phone Can I Get With A Budget Of 80k / . / You Will Hadly See A SAMSUNG Phone Without A Broken Screen.....bt Y? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is How You Will Know Genuine Samsung Phone by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jun 20, 2016
Naijji:
If you've got the phone with you and it's on, there are ways to check if it's an original Sammy.

However, if you don't have access to the phone - only the sealed box, then the best way is to check the IMEI info. This doesn't absolutely guarantee you sha. IMEI can be faked. One can get a phone and make it display the IMEI of a Galaxy S7. So, don't put all your hopes on IMEI.
you guys are still getting wrong i said Imei of a phone must shows the real information of your phone also know that one Imei cannot be put on two phones and different phone one Imei is main for one .....shikena
Re: This Is How You Will Know Genuine Samsung Phone by Naijji: 4:01pm On Jun 20, 2016
Iamtosignno:
you guys are still getting wrong i said Imei of a phone must shows the real information of your phone also know that one Imei cannot be put on two phones and different phone one Imei is main for one .....shikena

I can see that you're a learner in this field. One IMEI cannot be on more than one phone? I laugh at you in Hungarian.

If I have an S7 clone, and I want to make you believe it's original, all I have to do is get the IMEI of an original S7 and make it the IMEI of the clone. Also easy to print the IMEI on the box of the clone. If you get the sealed box of the clone, and check the IMEI info online, you'll see Samsung Galaxy S7. Doesn't make it original. Simples

1 Like

Re: This Is How You Will Know Genuine Samsung Phone by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jun 20, 2016
Naijji:

I can see that you're a learner in this field. One IMEI cannot be on more than one phone? I laugh at you in Hungarian.

If I have an S7 clone, and I want to make you believe it's original, all I have to do is get the IMEI of an original S7 and make it the IMEI of the clone. Also easy to print the IMEI on the box of the clone. If you get the sealed box of the clone, and check the IMEI info online, you'll see Samsung Galaxy S7. Doesn't make it original. Simples

Gbam. You just said what's on my mind.
Re: This Is How You Will Know Genuine Samsung Phone by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jun 20, 2016
Naijji:

I will know
Re: This Is How You Will Know Genuine Samsung Phone by Tonydeeb(m): 8:22pm On Jun 20, 2016
As much as this info is quite valid and valuable, do you know you can still fall victim of scam?...
All they gats to do is change the imei to that of an original phone.
Even they recognize the original ones... So all they do is collect that and tweak other devices with same imei.
___Modified̉___
Just read thru the second page to see someone has cleared the air on that.
People are indeed learners!.
Re: This Is How You Will Know Genuine Samsung Phone by Naijji: 10:08pm On Jun 20, 2016
Tonydeeb:
As much as this info is quite valid and valuable, do you know you can still fall victim of scam?...
All they gats to do is change the imei to that of an original phone.
Even they recognize the original ones... So all they do is collect that and tweak other devices with same imei.
___Modified̉___
Just read thru the second page to see someone has cleared the air on that.
People are indeed learners!.

The guy still dey insist say e go know grin

What can I say? A little learning is a dangerous thing. E better for person not to know of IMEI at all, than for person to believe say IMEI go totally prove genuineness. At least person wey no sabi at all go dey more cautious than person wey put all im hope for IMEI.
Re: This Is How You Will Know Genuine Samsung Phone by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jun 20, 2016
Naijji:

The guy still dey insist say e go know grin

What can I say? A little learning is a dangerous thing. E better for person not to know of IMEI at all, than for person to believe say IMEI go totally prove genuineness. At least person wey no sabi at all go dey more cautious than person wey put all im hope for IMEI.
So many things you guys don't know
Re: This Is How You Will Know Genuine Samsung Phone by kolexepana: 6:48am On Jun 21, 2016
That is why it is always advisable to buy fro authorized sellers
Re: This Is How You Will Know Genuine Samsung Phone by ESheriff1(m): 12:45pm On Jun 23, 2016
Iamtosignno:
Am not tarnishing their image oh but if i do am right to do so i remember when i bought Huawei Y3 from them it charger spoilt the same day i bought the phone even the phone battery doesn't strong as expected abi you will huawei can put fake charger and battery in their phone carton ordinary wowo itel charger last very well
Hmmm... nawa o... something DAT serves you well or at least beta dan other ones can still be 'wowo'.... people can be very ironical sometimes..
Re: This Is How You Will Know Genuine Samsung Phone by Nobody: 3:28am On Jun 29, 2016
This country though. Even if you check IMEI its nt like they cant change it sad But this ur claim of big dealers selling fake phones I dont bliv. If it has happened to anybody pls come and correct me.
Re: This Is How You Will Know Genuine Samsung Phone by Nobody: 7:10am On Jun 29, 2016
LightYearss:
This country though. Even if you check IMEI its nt like they cant change it sad But this ur claim of big dealers selling fake phones I dont bliv. If it has happened to anybody pls come and correct me.

Don't mind the guy. He bough a low end Hauwei y3. A Chinese entry level phone, of course u don't expect it to be of high quality. Slot do not sell FAKE Samsung phones because it is Samsung that supply them, so how can Samsung supply fake phones?
Re: This Is How You Will Know Genuine Samsung Phone by Thollu01(m): 7:11am On Jun 29, 2016
*How to improve sound quality and volume on Android* | *WWW.XTREMETECHHUB.COM*| http://www.xtremetechhub.com/2016/06/how-to-improve-sound-quality-and-volume.html?m=1
Re: This Is How You Will Know Genuine Samsung Phone by jboy01(m): 8:23am On Jun 29, 2016
The only way i know of now is booting the phone to odin mode. that is (vol down + home key + power button). i think that original odin mode has not been clone yet. the fake samsung display different odin mode from the original.

1 Like

Re: This Is How You Will Know Genuine Samsung Phone by Thollu01(m): 12:06pm On Jun 29, 2016
Always visit www.xtremetechhub.com for your tech updates and cheat
Re: This Is How You Will Know Genuine Samsung Phone by LuveU2(f): 10:13am On Jul 19, 2016
Weirdman:
Wow it really works.. Good job.
Lalasticala front page plz

#FTC grin
Wow

btw dear, pls i need you to vote for my candidate right in my siggy, just like you voted last year, 2015
Voting commences next week and i will surely notify u with the appropriate link when it starts. Thank u!

Awaiting ur reply! smiley
Re: This Is How You Will Know Genuine Samsung Phone by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jul 19, 2016
The only method I check the genuineness of a Samsung phone is to connect the phone to Samsung Kies in a laptop. Samsung Kies only detects original Samsung phone.
Re: This Is How You Will Know Genuine Samsung Phone by yourstruly5(m): 1:20pm On Sep 08, 2020
Naijji:
If you've got the phone with you and it's on, there are ways to check if it's an original Sammy.

However, if you don't have access to the phone - only the sealed box, then the best way is to check the IMEI info. This doesn't absolutely guarantee you sha. IMEI can be faked. One can get a phone and make it display the IMEI of a Galaxy S7. So, don't put all your hopes on IMEI.

Can you please teach me the ways to identify cloned Samsung devices Sir?

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Experience at Solat Telecoms Mokola Ibadan / How To Get Free 1mb,50mb,100mb,200mb On Airtel / How To Setup Google Assistant On Your Android Phones. (screenshots)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.