Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,057 members, 7,835,574 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:59 AM

Christians Real Problem Is That Christianisation Of Is Not Moving Fast Enough - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians Real Problem Is That Christianisation Of Is Not Moving Fast Enough (1060 Views)

Christianisation Of Nigeria / "Buhari's Problem Is Spiritual" - Prophet Wisdom Nnamdi Ezeigwe / Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christians Real Problem Is That Christianisation Of Is Not Moving Fast Enough by BetaThings: 5:36pm On Jun 19, 2016
The reaction of CAN to the recent Osun court judgement has led to the inevitable conclusion:

Christians see any matter involving muslims as a zero-sum game; any government decision made by government that favours muslims is a minus to Christianity and must be resisted

Muslims don't act to stop Christians but Christians are not so charitable

Let us look at excerpts from this interview originally published in Punch

Why did CAN object to the change of Osun State appellation from “State of the Living Spring,” to “State of the Virtuous?

We don’t know how they came about the name Living Spring. It could have been derived from the numerous rivers and springs in Osun State. But we are in a democracy; we should be told why the name was changed. The suspicion is that it might have been changed because as Christians, we believe that Jesus is the Living Spring. You can’t just change it to Ipinle Omoluabi without telling us; we need to know.
When the name appeared to have a Christian tinge, Christians were happy with it. But when it was changed to something neutral they are saying the Governor must explain it!
While Christians always posture that Nigeria is secular, Nigeria is secular, a government decision in favour of secularism must be explained!

Our position is clear over the use of hijab. We are not saying that Muslim students should not wear hijab in Moslem schools. They have the right to wear it in Muslim schools. But it is wrong for them to wear it in Christian missionary schools

Excellent

We don’t mind if hijab is worn in COMMUNITY SCHOOLS but we don’t want the hijab in our own schools.

Great

But the new edition of CAN position is that they are against wearing Hijab in PUBLIC SCHOOLS
So it is the zero-sum mindset kicking in

http://news.bestnaira.com/posts/view/aregbesola-wants-to-islamise-osun-can

So we can see that they DON'T want Hijab ANYWHERE

CAN had no problem with Hijab in PUBLIC schools
Now they are against it
And outside school, they discourage Muslims from wearing Hijab with subtle re-orientation
"Don't you feel hot in that thing"
So a grown up muslim will not know that she is hot?

"Your trouser length is so short, are you a tabligh?"
Why is that a problem to you, afterall some Christians wear peculiar dresses with just a single trade mark button, no earring or makeup and we see it as none of our problem

Christians cannot joke with their Sundays
But Muslims who want to go to the mosque on Fridays are frustrated

"we have this crucial meeting"
"We need to get this proposal out"
"We cannot leave the reception unmanned"
"It is just one day out of 365"

Public officials proudly refer to themselves as Pastors, Reverends etc but Muslims who know their religion and can hold their end of a debate are tagged "jihadists"

Hijab is banned in public schools in Lagos State but Christmas Carols are held in the same public schools

Which is more intrusive or institution-backed: Hijab or Christmas Carol?

Christianisation of the country has gathered momentum and the reminder that there are muslims in the country causes consternation

"How do you feel as a Muslim?"

Christians should stop posturing
They are not bothered at all about Islamisation - it is not a threat, they know it; we know it too
The alarm over islamization is a smokescreen
The real worry is that Nigerian has not become a wholly Christian country

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christians Real Problem Is That Christianisation Of Is Not Moving Fast Enough by IRserveMyComent(f): 5:56pm On Jun 19, 2016
Hope you dont reason from your anus? Why would you hide under your hijab to perpetrate atrocities and expect it not to be banned in public schools? Now tell me one wrong thing the christmass carol you mentioned has caused you or your house hold and i will give you a thousand reason the hijab should be totally banned in nigeria? As for your complaining about employers insisting their muslim workers remains at work when they should be at the mosque, i want to ask if the muslim employee was forced to remain at the job. I can never pick a job that would interfer with my sunday service, and so should a GOOD muslim not pick one that would interfer with their friday prayers. As for CAN and their seeking for explanations, they have one hundred and one right to do so.

1 Like

Re: Christians Real Problem Is That Christianisation Of Is Not Moving Fast Enough by BetaThings: 6:22pm On Jun 19, 2016
IRserveMyComent:
Hope you dont reason from your anus?
It does not matter where I reason from
What matters is whether you can do it better
So far you are not looking up to it
Leave vulgarity alone and address the issues

IRserveMyComent:
Why would you hide under your hijab to perpetrate atrocities and expect it not to be banned in public schools?
Simply because no truthful person has raised that as an objection
So what you are coming up with is a red herring

IRserveMyComent:
Now tell me one wrong thing the christmass carol you mentioned has caused you or your house hold
That is not the yardstick CAN espouse
A religion should not be supported by the state
But if you do that , then the same schools must organise Eid-el-maulud

IRserveMyComent:
I will give you a thousand reason the hijab should be totally banned in nigeria?
Exactly!
Not only Hijab, your dream and prayer is that Islam should be totally banned in Nigeria
Unfortunately it is not going to happen
You have to amend the constitution first
According to apostle Suleiman in his statement to Gov El Rufai, the constitution permits right to worship

Anyway give ONE reason that can stand up before the court ie reasonable, factual and unemotional, for banning Hijab

IRserveMyComent:
As for your complaining about employers insisting their muslim workers remains at work when they should be at the mosque, i want to ask if the muslim employee was forced to remain at the job
No. He was not
Just like the Christians students who cannot stand Hijab in Osun are not forced to attend Public schools

IRserveMyComent:
I can never pick a job that would interfer with my sunday service, and so should a GOOD muslim not pick one that would interfer with their friday prayers.
Yes, because Sunday is workfree
It is a luxury that Muslims don't have

IRserveMyComent:
As for CAN and their seeking for explanations, they have one hundred and one right to do so.
They actually have the right
and the answer is that the Governor exercised his right to name and re-name institutions

with your first statement, I was expecting a more intellectually challenging post
I must confess that you have not done Christianity much good

Anyway back to the topic

Christians real issue is that christianisation of Nigeria is not proceeding at desired pace

1 Like

Re: Christians Real Problem Is That Christianisation Of Is Not Moving Fast Enough by IRserveMyComent(f): 8:01pm On Jun 19, 2016
BetaThings:

Simply because no truthful person has raised that as an objection
So what you are coming up with is a red herring

That is not the yardstick CAN espouse
A religion should not be supported by the state
But if you do that , then the same schools must organise Eid-el-maulud

Exactly!
Not only Hijab, your dream and prayer is that Islam should be totally banned in Nigeria
Unfortunately it is not going to happen
You have to amend the constitution first
According to apostle Suleiman in his statement to Gov El Rufai, the constitution permits right to worship

Anyway give ONE reason that can stand up before the court ie reasonable, factual and unemotional, for banning Hijab

No. He was not
Just like the Christians students who cannot stand Hijab in Osun are not forced to attend Public schools

Yes, because Sunday is workfree
It is a luxury that Muslims don't have

They actually have the right
and the answer is that the Governor exercised his right to name and re-name institutions

No truthful person has raised the wearing of jihab to commit atrocities as objection? So when did the banning of jihab become necessary in nigeria? Was it not when your brothers in faith started using it as a cover up to throw their ill fated bomb? have you guys ever expressed desire to hold your EID-EL-MAULUD in school just like the christmass carol and you were prohibited? When i told you to give me a reason you want d carol banned you couldnt, but deviation took the better part of you. Sunday is work free... Who made sunday work free? Was it the NIGERIAN CHRISTIANS... My brother jealousy is bad. you can tell d powers that be to amend d constitution to make friday work free. At last you acknowledged that CAN has the right to ask questions even the governor has the right to name and rename,then what is the essence of this thread. Bro you just nailed yourself on the head.
Re: Christians Real Problem Is That Christianisation Of Is Not Moving Fast Enough by BetaThings: 3:41pm On Jun 20, 2016
IRserveMyComent:
No truthful person has raised the wearing of jihab to commit atrocities as objection? So when did the banning of jihab become necessary in nigeria? Was it not when your brothers in faith started using it as a cover up to throw their ill fated bomb?

Nobody is Osun state has mentioned this issue. It would have been an entirely different issue if CAN Osun had raised the matter of bombing
Please - read what they are saying and stop talking about people's head when you are not making such an intellectually superior argument
You know it does not make sense for CAN Osun to send their children to school in church garment if their fear is bombing
Their argument is based on zero-sum mentality
If muslim wear Hijab, we must wear church garment
Personally I want them to wear it. But the zero-sum mentality is obvious because they don't wear the same garments to their own private schools

Or do they?
It is this type of hypocrisy that make me sneer at my christian friends who preach to me

IRserveMyComent:
have you guys ever expressed desire to hold your EID-EL-MAULUD in school just like the christmass carol and you were prohibited?

Actually we don't sneer at the laws of the country - it says Nigeria is secular and we never believe we should break the law by holding eid-el maulud in schools
But you are saying you are right in ignoring the secular nature of the country and join you in lawlessness

[quote author=IRserveMyComent post=46728578]
When i told you to give me a reason you want d carol banned you couldnt, but deviation took the better part of you.
I have told you - secularism
The school should not be organising Christmas carol
Anyway when the herbalist want to celebrate the birthday of one of their deities in schools, don't complain

[quote author=IRserveMyComent post=46728578]Sunday is work free... Who made sunday work free? Was it the NIGERIAN CHRISTIANS...
Actually the Christian colonialists did
So why are Christians complaining about a court judgement in Osun
Was the Court judgement given by Nigerian Muslims?

IRserveMyComent:
At last you acknowledged that CAN has the right to ask questions even the governor has the right to name and rename,then what is the essence of this thread. Bro you just nailed yourself on the head.
Yes, they have the right to ask questions
But the right should be exercised when you have a position that is not hypocritical

Everyone can see it
Please answer these
(1) If Islamisation of the country is contrary to the law of the country, is Christianisation of the country lawful?
(2) If CAN sees the need to cry out against perceived Islamisation of Osun State, should they be agitating for the retention of a symbol of Christianisation?
(3) If they are happy with Christianisation of Osun or Nigeria, can they still be talking about secular constitution?
(4) If CAN said they had no problem with Hijab in public schools, why are they protesting a court order now?
(5) If CAN are protesting a court order, why should people believe they have an arguable case?
(6) if CAN cannot go to court to have the order set aside, but are resorting to self help, is that not an invitation to anarchy?

That takes me to the purpose of this thread
If Christian truly believes that they have a good case and the court order invites islamisation, should they not appeal
If rather than appeal a court judgment, CAN are protesting, is this not a manifestation of a determination to pursue measures that put Christianity above the country laws. In other words, Christians are pursuing Christianisation and see the use of the Hijab as a an affront to that drive

And in order to make a non-existent case, you are coming up with arguments that even CAN thought best not to advance
Re: Christians Real Problem Is That Christianisation Of Is Not Moving Fast Enough by IRserveMyComent(f): 4:26pm On Jun 21, 2016
BetaThings:

Nobody is Osun state has mentioned this issue. It would have been an entirely different issue if CAN Osun had raised the matter of bombing
Please - read what they are saying and stop talking about people's head when you are not making such an intellectually superior argument
You know it does not make sense for CAN Osun to send their children to school in church garment if their fear is bombing
Their argument is based on zero-sum mentality
If muslim wear Hijab, we must wear church garment
Personally I want them to wear it. But the zero-sum mentality is obvious because they don't wear the same garments to their own private schools

Or do they?
It is this type of hypocrisy that make me sneer at my christian friends who preach to me

Mr intellectual superior argumentator you appear to be making a reasonable sense but its unfortunate that all your long comment is as relevant as the UEUE in QUEUE. The fact that CAN Osun did not raise the issue of bombing as reason for wanting d ban of hijab in public schools does not in any way change the actual reason the banning of hijab became necessary in nigeria-hiding of bombs in it by your brothers in faith.. You see why i said you are alot very jealous, you dont want to do your EID-EL-MAULUD in school and you see another doing their christmass carol and you are angry. Do yourself some good and cure yourself of jealousy. When you come up with anything reasonable call me back. I wanted to ignore you but i decided against it just to advice you to get a cure for jealousy its a killable disease.
Re: Christians Real Problem Is That Christianisation Of Is Not Moving Fast Enough by Scholar8200(m): 6:26pm On Jun 21, 2016
Op, well,you have the right to make your analysis. You mentioned Carol but I believe that is not held every week but once in a year. Besides, these schools close early on friday every week to allow those who are muslims practise their religion, what then? But I have these questions:

1. Before the coming of Muhammad, did the Arab women use the hijab? If yes, what informed the practice?

2. Is there an express command in the Quran commanding women in Islam to use the hijab at ALL places?If yes, kindly quote it here.
Re: Christians Real Problem Is That Christianisation Of Is Not Moving Fast Enough by Joagbaje(m): 6:39pm On Jun 21, 2016
LIVING SPRING for Osun is not a christian name. it represents Osun river which is symbol of idol

(1) (Reply)

Breaking: Sultan Of Sokoto Says Fasting Continues Tomorrow / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 16/04/17 / Happy Wedding Anniversary To Pastor & Pastor (Mrs) Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.