Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,903 members, 7,821,143 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:53 AM

Beware:only The Rich Proclaim ATHEISM - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Beware:only The Rich Proclaim ATHEISM (710 Views)

Parable Of The Rich Man And Lazarus: What Was The Sin Of The Rich Man? / Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion / From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware:only The Rich Proclaim ATHEISM by oladele239(m): 6:18pm On Jun 19, 2016
I hope I am not wrong here but I have come to the conclusion that only the rich proclaim atheism..i haven't see any poor man in his right senses say there is no God! When some rich folks become satisfied with wealth they turn atheist!
Re: Beware:only The Rich Proclaim ATHEISM by DeSepiero(m): 6:28pm On Jun 19, 2016
Funny.
Atheism comes with rejection by the largely theistic society. You should understand better.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Beware:only The Rich Proclaim ATHEISM by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jun 19, 2016
I disagree to agree. Better put "only the intelligent profess atheism".
Re: Beware:only The Rich Proclaim ATHEISM by kevoh(m): 6:49pm On Jun 19, 2016
You are wrong. Only in countries and races where Religion (especially the pentecostal prosperity movement) and poverty are brothers will people have such funny notion.

1 Like

Re: Beware:only The Rich Proclaim ATHEISM by AccidentalGenius: 6:52pm On Jun 19, 2016
THATS BECAUSE THE POOR MEN ARE IN CHURCH PRAYING TO BE RICH
Re: Beware:only The Rich Proclaim ATHEISM by kevoh(m): 6:58pm On Jun 19, 2016
MarshallDwayne:
I disagree to agree.
Better put "only the intelligent profess atheism".
You might have to define intelligent. Anybody can be atheist.
Re: Beware:only The Rich Proclaim ATHEISM by DeSepiero(m): 7:11pm On Jun 19, 2016
kevoh:

Anybody can't just be an atheist.
It takes reason to be an atheist.
Religion extols faith (dogma) over reason
Re: Beware:only The Rich Proclaim ATHEISM by TrajansKong: 7:25pm On Jun 19, 2016
oladele239:
i haven't see any poor man in his right senses say there is no God!

Have you ever left Nigeria?

It is not a matter of how much money you make. It is an attitude to crisis management and self-reliance. As long as we can call on Yahweh, we will never call on ourselves. Our problems must stem from satan and ancestral curse and only god can solve those, eh? We are eternally powerless...

Outside Africa most people look to themselves in times of need and crisis. We are unique in our passion for self-abandonment and our addiction to narratives of hopelessness.

Belief in white Jesus makes this worse.

I predict in 10 years ours will be the only continent where you will find people of any rank quaking and shivering in terror before images like the one below. And we will fight to the death to maintain this Bronze Age worldview.

Re: Beware:only The Rich Proclaim ATHEISM by kevoh(m): 8:04pm On Jun 19, 2016
DeSepiero:

Anybody can't just be an atheist.
It takes reason to be an atheist.
Religion extols faith (dogma) over reason
Yes Sir, Anybody can be Atheist you just don't have to be brainy as Zuckerber to be one, your second and third sentences are what I want you to stick to. Trust me, I'm saving you a lot of stress from pointless arguments with theists by asking you to define intelligent and its context. Ben Carson can be argued to be intelligent and yet he's not atheist, still does not diminish the fact that he relies on faith rather than reason when it comes to religon.

1 Like

Re: Beware:only The Rich Proclaim ATHEISM by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jun 19, 2016
kevoh:

Anybody can decide not to believe in God but it takes one who is intelligent to defend his beliefs!. I don't mind you proving me wrong if you do not agree
Re: Beware:only The Rich Proclaim ATHEISM by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jun 19, 2016
kevoh:

Yes Sir, Anybody can be Atheist you just don't have to be brainy as Zuckerber to be one, your second and third sentences are what I want you to stick to. Trust me, I'm saving you a lot of stress from pointless arguments with theists by asking you to define intelligent and its context. Ben Carson can be argued to be intelligent and yet he's not atheist, still does not diminish the fact that he relies on faith rather than reason when it comes to religon.
I believe when I used the word "intelligent", I wasn't categorically saying "all intelligent men are atheist" what I meant was y at atheism requires a level of intellectualism. A clinging to ones reasoning and detachment from dogmatism and sentiments. This can come only through empowering your mind well enough, hence; Intelligence
Re: Beware:only The Rich Proclaim ATHEISM by kevoh(m): 8:41pm On Jun 19, 2016
MarshallDwayne:

Anybody can decide not to believe in God but it takes one who is intelligent to defend his beliefs!. I don't mind you proving me wrong if you do not agree
Read my response to Deseprio above.
Re: Beware:only The Rich Proclaim ATHEISM by kevoh(m): 8:44pm On Jun 19, 2016
MarshallDwayne:

I believe when I used the word "intelligent", I wasn't categorically saying "all intelligent men are atheist" what I meant was y at atheism requires a level of intellectualism. A clinging to ones reasoning and detachment from dogmatism and sentiments. This can come only through empowering your mind well enough, hence; Intelligence
Good, I think we are clear on the context now. You would be amazed at how easily that word 'intelligent' would be misconstrued.

1 Like

Re: Beware:only The Rich Proclaim ATHEISM by DeSepiero(m): 9:08pm On Jun 19, 2016
kevoh:

I agree with you. I used "just" in my statement to reduce the intensity of the imperative "can't". So while atheism isn't restricted to intelligent folks, anyone won't just become one.
Re: Beware:only The Rich Proclaim ATHEISM by oladele239(m): 6:38am On Nov 21, 2021
Thread needs resuscitation
Re: Beware:only The Rich Proclaim ATHEISM by Nobody: 6:56am On Nov 21, 2021
TrajansKong:

Have you ever left Nigeria?

It is not a matter of how much money you make. It is an attitude to crisis management and self-reliance. As long as we can call on Yahweh, we will never call on ourselves. Our problems must stem from satan and ancestral curse and only god can solve those, eh? We are eternally powerless...

Outside Africa most people look to themselves in times of need and crisis. We are unique in our passion for self-abandonment and our addiction to narratives of hopelessness.

Belief in white Jesus makes this worse.

I predict in 10 years ours will be the only continent where you will find people of any rank quaking and shivering in terror before images like the one below. And we will fight to the death to maintain this Bronze Age worldview.

Shut up!!!!

This has nothing to do with race!!!

You have no proof towards your racist vomit!!!!
Re: Beware:only The Rich Proclaim ATHEISM by Nobody: 7:05am On Nov 21, 2021
kevoh:

Good, I think we are clear on the context now. You would be amazed at how easily that word 'intelligent' would be misconstrued.

In other words,
It takes intelligence to be atheistic but it doesn't take atheism to be intelligent....

Let's just say demonstrations of intelligence by anyone including theists have nothing to do with theism...

But making it about race shows more stupidity than being theistic...

As far as I'm concerned,any African atheist that says Africans are inferior or/and have a greater tendency to be theistic is being much more stupid than I can ever imagine.....
Re: Beware:only The Rich Proclaim ATHEISM by Nobody: 7:10am On Nov 21, 2021
oladele239:
Thread needs resuscitation

Not by people with inferiority complex or people who see their brains being inferior as a result of skin color as the truth yet trying to sound smart towards people without such misdemeanor...
Re: Beware:only The Rich Proclaim ATHEISM by Workch: 7:40am On Nov 21, 2021
oladele239:
I hope I am not wrong here but I have come to the conclusion that only the rich proclaim atheism..i haven't see any poor man in his right senses say there is no God! When some rich folks become satisfied with wealth they turn atheist!
There is no evidence for god.
I’m not even rich

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Draw Closer To God / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 08/07/16 / ISIS Advertises Sex Slaves For Sale On Mobile Apps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.