Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,654 members, 7,816,682 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:07 PM

Off-grid Solar Energy Calculator - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Off-grid Solar Energy Calculator (995 Views)

Newly Invented Off-grid Solar Grill Can Store & Cook @ Night Without Electricity / Go Completely Off Grid With Ifeoma Solar / Off Grid Power Generation With Solar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Off-grid Solar Energy Calculator by Nyceguy92: 7:18pm On Jun 19, 2016
I do not have a solar energy system yet, but I have such a plan, which is why have done a bit of reading around.
Maybe you are like me and you are looking for resources and any help you can get.

Here is a calculator to help you size your battery, charge controller, nubmber of solar panels you will need, etc.
Before you start, you will have to know what is your energy requirement, i.e., how many watts of electricity do you intend to use with solar.
It will help a lot if you watch the videos (video links) posted on this section earlier.

If you intend to watch TV with your decoder, run few light bulbs, fan and computer when power fails, you can start with, say, 1200 watts.
In the calculator, choose temperature of 80F(27C), since Nigeria climate is warm.
Choose 5 hours of sunlight; that is what we get on the average every day.
For the inverter, normally your inverter should be able to handle loads about 30% above your total energy need to take care of surges.

The calculator will make corrections for energy losses due to fact that the system is not 100% perfect.
So the figures you get are good to use.
But if you would like to follow the logic of how they came about, watch the videos, if data permits.

Click "Like" if you found this helpful.

https://www.altestore.com/store/calculators/off_grid_calculator/

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

My Friend Killed This Huge Snake This Evening (photos) / All You Need To Know About The New Facebook Express Wifi / Get A Blog Website, Business Web, Bitcoin Investment Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.