Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,162 members, 7,835,889 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:52 PM

Five Food Habits You Should Form At Age 30 - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Five Food Habits You Should Form At Age 30 (885 Views)

8 Lifestyle Habits You Should Change To Make You Fall Asleep Faster / 10 Habits That Makes You Age Faster / Ola Orekunrin, The Youngest Doctor In England At Age 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Five Food Habits You Should Form At Age 30 by moreviewblog: 9:19pm On Jun 19, 2016
With age comes change. Not just in your career, or finance, or relationships, but also in your body. And when the rules of a game change, successful players know to change their strategy. The same is true for your body. At 30, your body is changing and you probably should not expect it to go at full steam as it was wont to. Sadly, this is one of the realities of life.

So at age 30, what nutritional adjustments should you make in order to age gracefully?

Cut down on the sodas
Yes, it could be difficult, but quitting sodas, or soft drinks, should be priority. At 30, you should be working on reducing your sugar intake as sodas are loaded with tonnes of sugar. You also get some dose of caffeine too from them. Endeavor to replace soda with homemade fresh fruit juice. Keep it chilled and you won’t miss soda a bit.

Be sober
Sometimes, and if possible most times, say no to that tempting bottle of alcohol. Celebrate your soberness. Studies have linked alcohol with a higher risk of kidney or liver failure, or both. Some other studies also named alcohol as a risk factor to some types of cancer. You cannot be too cautious when it comes to maintaining your good health.

Limit the tasty fries
Even the less tasty ones, all fries should be consumed with measure. They contain loads of calories and your schedule at 30 might not afford you the level of physical activity needed to burn them. So, why gain the weight in the first place. Your bones are not getting any stronger, you should therefore limit the weight you are putting on them.

Bid chocolates and confectioneries farewell
Wake up! This is thirty, not thirteen. Chocolates, though yummy, are not your friends. Beyond adding to your baggage of calories and blood sugar, they are also damaging you oral health. If you would rid your diet of chocolates and sweets, you teeth can actually last you a life time. What about pancakes, doughnuts, and other junks? They all add up to give you an overload of calories. You should focus on eating food with plenty fibres, and that does not include refined products.

Reduce you consumption of canned foods
Canned foods may contain unhealthy measure of preservatives. Instead of canned foods, look for fresh alternatives. You should also form a habit of eating homemade meals a with balanced diet. A meal planner could help you through this.

At 30, you should make healthier choices with respect to your health.

How are you maintaining your youthfulness in order to age gracefully? Share your tips with us in the comment box. Cheers!

http://www.slimfitu.com/lifestyle/five-food-habits-you-should-form-at-age-30
Re: Five Food Habits You Should Form At Age 30 by sunny442: 9:26pm On Jun 19, 2016
Good that means at age 30 start preparing to die hmm... cry
Re: Five Food Habits You Should Form At Age 30 by moreviewblog: 9:30pm On Jun 19, 2016
sunny442:
Good that means at age 30 start preparing to die hmm... cry

Of course not, it only means that you should start watching what you consume so that you can age gracefully smiley
Re: Five Food Habits You Should Form At Age 30 by yomi007k(m): 9:51pm On Jun 19, 2016
Hmmm na wa oo.e go hard sha
Re: Five Food Habits You Should Form At Age 30 by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 1:36am On Jun 20, 2016
But it would be far better if one starts watching his diet at a younger age, letz say 18 or 19 upwards. People say i am quite picky when it comes to my diet but the reply i always give them is this MY FOOD IS MY MEDICINE AND MY MEDICINE IS MY FOOD.
I can't remember when last i added refined sugar to my food probably 17. I rarely fall sick and even when i do, i bounce back to life without popping a pill. God is indeed wonderful.
Re: Five Food Habits You Should Form At Age 30 by moreviewblog: 10:48am On Jun 20, 2016
PRISTINEMUSCLES:
But it would be far better if one starts watching his diet at a younger age, letz say 18 or 19 upwards. People say i am quite picky when it comes to my diet but the reply i always give them is this MY FOOD IS MY MEDICINE AND MY MEDICINE IS MY FOOD.
I can't remember when last i added refined sugar to my food probably 17. I rarely fall sick and even when i do, i bounce back to life without popping a pill. God is indeed wonderful.
Yes you are right. One can't be too careful when it comes to maintaining good health
Re: Five Food Habits You Should Form At Age 30 by moreviewblog: 10:53am On Jun 20, 2016
yomi007k:
Hmmm na wa oo.e go hard sha
It doesn't have to be hard, in fact you don't need to rush it. You just have to identify what works for you and stick with it. This article can simplify the process for you http://www.slimfitu.com/fooddiet/eating-right-take-charge-of-your-health-and-life/

You can also join a health group in order to be motivated. We have a WhatsApp group where we motivate people that are looking to live healthy, happy and fit. Let me know if you would like to join, I will send the number via PM.

(1) (Reply)

Push Ups. Help Me Do It Right / Assistance Needed / I Can Help You Lose 50lbs + More In 2017 - Before & After Pics / Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.