Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,013 members, 7,817,986 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:57 AM

Cars And Stars: With Taiwo Onalaja.....What Do You Think? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Cars And Stars: With Taiwo Onalaja.....What Do You Think? (3518 Views)

Spot The Difference Between These Chinese Copycat Cars And Their Original Models / Photos Of Cars And Jets With Matching Colors: They Are Just Too Cute / The Real Difference Between Police Cars And Regular Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cars And Stars: With Taiwo Onalaja.....What Do You Think? by lonelydora: 4:15pm On Jun 20, 2016
I have watched so many episodes of this programme and the truth is I am not satisfied with how the Taiwo guy runs his analysis on automobiles, which makes me believe he's not grounded in the field of automobiles.

As a car analyst, i believe he should be talking more on the engine power and performance, aerodynamics design, running an indepth review with older models and not saying irrelevant things like the chrome, grille, alloyed rim, a/c vent, side mirror, etc., after all which car doesn't come with those stuffs?

All the episodes I have watched he talks more on the exterior and nothing more. I think he needs to study how the whites like 'Eric the car guy' and others run their review.

Well, I give him kudos for at least remembering to venture in such a programme for car enthusiasts in Nigeria, but he needs to do more.

Car talk members, please if you have watched this Taiwo analysis on cars, what do you say?

Lalasticlala, come and see naija verson of car review.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cars And Stars: With Taiwo Onalaja.....What Do You Think? by Namzy(m): 4:47pm On Jun 20, 2016
Should be reviewing affordable Nigeria used cars and not cars for "some" people

6 Likes

Re: Cars And Stars: With Taiwo Onalaja.....What Do You Think? by mejai(m): 5:22pm On Jun 20, 2016
my broda, d mata tire me o. let's hope he progresses well.

1 Like

Re: Cars And Stars: With Taiwo Onalaja.....What Do You Think? by Nobody: 11:26pm On Jun 20, 2016
First of all, he has a time frame that won't allow an extensive analysis on the said cars. If u observed vividly, he tries as much as possible to squeeze a lot in a limited time. The truth is, most Nigerians don't really wanna know extensive details on a car, they just love a car by the interior and exterior.(someone once compared a 2007 Rclass to a 2008 Acura MDX) I did nothing but smile cus I know it's worthless going into such argument.
Onalaja is cool and I think he has more to offer but the limited time isn't helping.

2 Likes

Re: Cars And Stars: With Taiwo Onalaja.....What Do You Think? by Nobody: 12:08am On Jun 21, 2016
castroevans:
First of all, he has a time frame that won't allow an extensive analysis on the said cars. If u observed vividly, he tries as much as possible to squeeze a lot in a limited time. The truth is, most Nigerians don't really wanna know extensive details on a car, they just love a car by the interior and exterior.(someone once compared a 2007 Rclass to a 2008 Acura MDX) I did nothing but smile cus I know it's worthless going into such argument.
Onalaja is cool and I think he has more to offer but the limited time isn't helping.
Miss are you a lover of anything cars?

1 Like

Re: Cars And Stars: With Taiwo Onalaja.....What Do You Think? by Nobody: 1:49am On Jun 21, 2016
Yea, I love cars
dumo1:

Miss are you a lover of anything cars?

1 Like

Re: Cars And Stars: With Taiwo Onalaja.....What Do You Think? by lonelydora: 5:20am On Jun 21, 2016
castroevans:

Yea, he has limited time, but being a programme that is sponsored by Forte Oil they should have bought more time period. If I'm somehow confused as to what car to buy, that programme should be able to convince me, but i don't see it happening because of the way limited time.

Meanwhile, I love the fact you are woman who loves Cars. You are indeed a rare being. Kudos.

2 Likes

Re: Cars And Stars: With Taiwo Onalaja.....What Do You Think? by Denn(m): 2:10pm On Jun 21, 2016
Valid observations.

More changes expected in the upcoming season.

Duration expected to increase, access on free to air channels, more content including real performance tests/drives etc

The show can only get better.

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Cars And Stars: With Taiwo Onalaja.....What Do You Think? by lourash(m): 2:29pm On Jun 21, 2016
Denn:
Valid observations.

Duration expected to increase, access on free to air channels, more content including real performance tests/drives etc

Thanks

Just swear that you are not Taiwo Onalaja angry

8 Likes

Re: Cars And Stars: With Taiwo Onalaja.....What Do You Think? by Denn(m): 4:13pm On Jun 21, 2016
lourash:

I swear

*uses index finger to touch the ground, then touch the tip of my tongue and point the same index finger to the sky, all with a solemn face*

2 Likes

Re: Cars And Stars: With Taiwo Onalaja.....What Do You Think? by lonelydora: 6:51pm On Jun 21, 2016
Denn:

I swear

*uses index finger to touch the ground, then touch the tip of my tongue and point the same index finger to the sky, all with a solemn face*

Bros, e bi lyk say na you bi Taiwo? e-swearing no dey work for here ooooo.
Re: Cars And Stars: With Taiwo Onalaja.....What Do You Think? by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jun 21, 2016
Denn:

I swear

grin
Re: Cars And Stars: With Taiwo Onalaja.....What Do You Think? by baaliyah(m): 7:32pm On Jun 21, 2016
Which station is showing this stuff pls
Re: Cars And Stars: With Taiwo Onalaja.....What Do You Think? by princetom1(m): 12:14am On Jun 22, 2016
Just watch intro on YouTube, will watch as long as he is gonna be allowed to review innoson vehicles. Lol
Re: Cars And Stars: With Taiwo Onalaja.....What Do You Think? by lourash(m): 8:30am On Jun 22, 2016
lonelydora:

Bros, e bi lyk say an you bi Taiwo? e-swearing no dey work for here ooooo.

supported.

I dey watch Denn from now. grin
Re: Cars And Stars: With Taiwo Onalaja.....What Do You Think? by Denn(m): 8:50am On Jun 22, 2016
lourash:

supported.

I dey watch Denn from now. grin

Lol...I am not the host. I am a viewer too.

After all my swearing, you still don't believe me...lol

*sips herbal slimming tea that actually makes us fatter if sugar and milk is added*
Re: Cars And Stars: With Taiwo Onalaja.....What Do You Think? by princetom1(m): 8:54am On Jun 22, 2016
Denn:

Lol...I am not the host. I am a viewer too.

After all my swearing, you still don't believe me...lol

*sips herbal slimming tea that actually makes us fatter if sugar and milk is added*

Oga mi, me self dey doubt u, incase its u, promise to review innoson vehicles.
Re: Cars And Stars: With Taiwo Onalaja.....What Do You Think? by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jun 22, 2016
baaliyah:
Which station is showing this stuff pls
Denn abeg answer this na, Station and Schedule?
Re: Cars And Stars: With Taiwo Onalaja.....What Do You Think? by princetom1(m): 10:30pm On Jun 22, 2016
Bossforeva:

Denn abeg answer this na, Station and Schedule?

Oga Denn answer o, Maybe Oga GAZZUZZ know sha
Re: Cars And Stars: With Taiwo Onalaja.....What Do You Think? by macloaded: 12:12am On Jun 23, 2016
Sundays 8:00pm - Africa Magic FAMILY - DSTV Channel 154 Wednesdays 1:30pm - Africa Magic FAMILY - DSTV Channel 154 Saturdays 8:30pm - Africa Magic WORLD- DSTV Channel 155 (West African Time)
I dont think Denn is the presenter but he is definitely a part of the crew

1 Like

Re: Cars And Stars: With Taiwo Onalaja.....What Do You Think? by lonelydora: 5:43am On Jun 23, 2016
macloaded:
Sundays 8:00pm - Africa Magic FAMILY - DSTV Channel 154
Wednesdays 1:30pm - Africa Magic FAMILY - DSTV Channel 154
Saturdays 8:30pm - Africa Magic WORLD- DSTV Channel 155
(West African Time)

I dont think Denn is the presenter but he is definitely a part of the crew

You are right bro on. Time and Channel. I believe Denn is part of the crew.
Re: Cars And Stars: With Taiwo Onalaja.....What Do You Think? by Billiondoe: 12:58pm On Jun 23, 2016
The guy doesn't have finesse for the show. They need a suave presenter. I stopped watching after the third episode even after recording it.
Re: Cars And Stars: With Taiwo Onalaja.....What Do You Think? by jaz(m): 8:53pm On Jun 23, 2016
Watched his program and I think it's ridiculous. Time constraint is never an excuse. You want to know how to talk about cars in a way that pleases both enthusiasts and others please go on youtube and check the program "CNET on Cars"
Re: Cars And Stars: With Taiwo Onalaja.....What Do You Think? by Piyke: 9:12pm On Jun 23, 2016
As I have said previously on some thread...I believe the show should feature stuff that will help middle class car drivers. At the moment it's targeted at Bentleys, Mercedes, Range Rover etc.

How about educating Nigerians on why thermostats shouldn't be removed? Or episodes around proper maintenance schedules and not just oil&filter changes as the majority of Nigerians define "servicing"? Episodes on high end cars can still feature but I think there is more room for local context; things that will touch base with more Nigerians. The truth is if it's performance reviews I'm looking for, I'd rather watch Jeremy Clarkson of Top gear.

In summary, great show with lots of potential, but needs some change in strategy. I also don't think increasing time slot is the basic issue here.

5 Likes

Re: Cars And Stars: With Taiwo Onalaja.....What Do You Think? by luvinhubby(m): 7:58am On Jun 24, 2016
lourash:

grin grin Thought so myself. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Cars And Stars: With Taiwo Onalaja.....What Do You Think? by luvinhubby(m): 8:05am On Jun 24, 2016
macloaded:
Sundays 8:00pm - Africa Magic FAMILY - DSTV Channel 154
Wednesdays 1:30pm - Africa Magic FAMILY - DSTV Channel 154
Saturdays 8:30pm - Africa Magic WORLD- DSTV Channel 155
(West African Time)

They want to reach Nigerian car owners and do not even have one local channel that can be viewed by cable and terrestial free-to-air tv on their list.

SMH!
Re: Cars And Stars: With Taiwo Onalaja.....What Do You Think? by lonelydora: 1:40am On Jul 01, 2016
Piyke:
As I have said previously on some thread...I believe the show should feature stuff that will help middle class car drivers. At the moment it's targeted at Bentleys, Mercedes, Range Rover etc.

How about educating Nigerians on why thermostats shouldn't be removed? Or episodes around proper maintenance schedules and not just oil&filter changes as the majority of Nigerians define "servicing"? Episodes on high end cars can still feature but I think there is more room for local context; things that will touch base with more Nigerians. The truth is if it's performance reviews I'm looking for, I'd rather watch Jeremy Clarkson of Top gear.

In summary, great show with lots of potential, but needs some change in strategy. I also don't think increasing time slot is the basic issue here.

Exactly bro.

1 Like

Re: Cars And Stars: With Taiwo Onalaja.....What Do You Think? by Sylvaxxl1(m): 3:09pm On Jul 01, 2016
Piyke:

How about educating Nigerians on why thermostats shouldn't be removed? Or episodes around proper maintenance schedules and not just oil&filter changes as the majority of Nigerians define "servicing"?

Episodes on high end cars can still feature but I think there is more room for local context; things that will touch base with more Nigerians. The truth is if it's performance reviews I'm looking for, I'd rather watch Jeremy Clarkson of Top gear.

Bros no more Jeremy o they've changed them and it looks Wack now
Re: Cars And Stars: With Taiwo Onalaja.....What Do You Think? by Piyke: 11:26pm On Jul 01, 2016
Sylvaxxl1:

Bros no more Jeremy o they've changed them and it looks Wack now

Jeremy and his team are floating a new car show that would be on Amazon prime. This was the last development I heard. Also there are 17 seasons or so of the old Top Gear to make your pick from.
Re: Cars And Stars: With Taiwo Onalaja.....What Do You Think? by ba7man(m): 1:48pm On Jul 02, 2016
Denn:
Valid observations.

Thanks
Tests can be carried out with a Nigerian context.

E.g.. How the a.c. performs on a hot day in traffic.

How comfortable the ride is over potholes and rough Nigerian roads.

Ease of getting spare parts.

How fast on 3rd mainland bridge.

How it turns heads at bustops

Horsepower comparisms to popular Nigerian cars and 0-100kmph information Etc.

Things an average Nigerian driver can relate to in general.
Re: Cars And Stars: With Taiwo Onalaja.....What Do You Think? by Nobody: 6:34am On Jul 03, 2016
Denn:

I swear

Yes, but whose index finger did you use? wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

Where Can I Rent A Vintage Car For A Wedding? / Scan Car Or Vehicle Plate Number For Registration Confirmation On Confirmme App / Peugeot Matter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.