Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,907 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:10 PM

Why Is Ghana Cedi Stronger Than Naira - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why Is Ghana Cedi Stronger Than Naira (8439 Views)

Is The Ghana Cedi Stronger Than The Naira? / Pls Who Know How Much Dollar To Ghana Cedi Is In Their Black Mkt ? / Lesson From The Devaluation Of Ghana Cedi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Ghana Cedi Stronger Than Naira by ERCROSS(m): 6:01pm On Jun 20, 2016
I was shocked to check the conversion rate of Ghana cedi to dollar its just 3.56 cedi to 1$.. Whereas Nigeria's Naira is 253 naira to 1$
Economists in the house, what does mean for a country's money to have a high purchasing power. ?

username: Lalasticlala
password : Snake_scorpion

Cc: seun
password: Tonto_dike
Re: Why Is Ghana Cedi Stronger Than Naira by SuperSuave(m): 6:15pm On Jun 20, 2016
Lol your ending got me laughing tho. grin I'm here to learn too, I heard GH devalued their currency not sure how it works
Re: Why Is Ghana Cedi Stronger Than Naira by Emmyk(m): 6:17pm On Jun 20, 2016
Maybe you should ask too that why's Ghana currency stronger than Japan's.

Who strong epp? undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Is Ghana Cedi Stronger Than Naira by bedfordng(m): 6:47pm On Jun 20, 2016
ERCROSS:
I was shocked to check the conversion rate of Ghana cedi to dollar its just 3.56 cedi to 1$.. Whereas Nigeria's Naira is 253 naira to 1$
Economists in the house, what does mean for a country's money to have a high purchasing power. ?

you got it all wrong. The naira is still much stronger than cedi. Look in between the figure, you will see the real value. That figure you got has hidden zero's. Although you are not the only one with this wrong thought.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Ghana Cedi Stronger Than Naira by Strahovski1(m): 7:34pm On Jun 20, 2016
bedfordng:
you got it all wrong. The naira is still much stronger than cedi. Look in between the figure, you will see the real value. That figure you got has hidden zero's. Although you are not the only one with this wrong thought.

Lol seriously? grin

Last time I visited ghana the cedi is stronger. Even we expatriates prefer using that to change money to dollars when going home
Re: Why Is Ghana Cedi Stronger Than Naira by iamord(m): 7:56pm On Jun 20, 2016
ERCROSS:

1. Of all the country currencies in Africa why do you pick comparisons with the cedi

Summary
You're shocked.... Well so?? You got a problem??
Re: Why Is Ghana Cedi Stronger Than Naira by emmanuelbrown26: 8:57pm On Jun 20, 2016
It depends, in my little knowledge if u change cedis to dollar and naira to dollar, cedis goes better, couple dat ghana still using their coins
Re: Why Is Ghana Cedi Stronger Than Naira by KingsleyTMTTM(m): 9:49pm On Jun 20, 2016
nawao, small ghana

1 Like

Re: Why Is Ghana Cedi Stronger Than Naira by 4stylz: 1:04am On Jun 21, 2016
So u are not in this country? Do u need native doctor to tell u even cefas will soon be better than naira
Re: Why Is Ghana Cedi Stronger Than Naira by maximallife: 9:59pm On Mar 11, 2018
Don't be shocked; Ghana revalued their currency in 2007 that is why. 1 Cedis is still equivalent to 10000 cedis of old. So, naira is still stronger.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Starting A Candle Business With Little Start-up Cost / Opening A Spa In Lagos Or Abuja Will It Work? / How I&E Forex Window Buoyed Naira Stability With $50bn Inflows

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.