Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,178 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:03 AM

Problem With MTN Sim And Saving Of Contacts - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Problem With MTN Sim And Saving Of Contacts (2926 Views)

Whatsapp Live Location Tracking Feature Lets You Track Real Location Of Contacts / Hot: How To Cheat Mtn With Mtn Beta Talk / Fraudsters Swap Lady's Airtel Sim And Steal Her N400,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Problem With MTN Sim And Saving Of Contacts by Bantino(m): 7:06pm On Jun 20, 2016
Hello, I see people posting one problem or the other here on Nairaland and get solutions thereafter, I hope mine will get solution too. Pardon me if this is not the right section to post this, I urge the modes and or super modes to move it to the right place. Here is my story.

I have been a very careful person person when it comes to my phones, I have never lost a phone before and have been very lucky not to have had one stolen from me. I made that statement because I have been using an old sim card of MTN without the micro size cut on it. Recently I got a Nokia phone (because I have been a fan of Nokia since the days of 3310 to the N7 series before the advent of lumia series, I have used other brands). This Nokia smart phone only uses the micro size sim based on the sim space on it, so I went to the MTN office to get a micro sim while retaining my number.

Once that is done and the operator confirmed that my sim is ok and said that I should go ahead and make/receive calls and use my data, and that my contacts have been moved accordingly. I took the sim while working out of the MTN office (because I was rushing to meet up an appointment after I waited for like 35mins before being attended to) inserted it in my Nokia phone. I discovered that my contacts were not there, I checked the show contact list on my phone and selected show 'All contacts', there was no contact there, I changed it and selected show 'sim contacts' yet no contacts was displayed, I thought it was a minor issue.

When I got home, I took out the sim and tried it on my old phone, there they are, my contacts were displayed, I got confused. I went back to the MTN office the next day and made complaints, they looked at and discovered that what I was saying is true, both the guy that attended to me the previous day and about three other ladies there tried to no avail. Obviously they did not know what was wrong. So one of them logged into the system (maybe they have a section where problems with solutions are communicated to their staff only) and discovered that there has been a circular posted there for them to note that the current sim cards have problems saving contacts on certain devices and Nokia was among the listed phones. The unfortunate thing was that no solution was given, but they stated that their engineers are working on it and will get back to them.

This happened towards the end of March, and as I write this today, there has not been any solution after visiting their office for more than four times now and they keep telling me the issue has not been resolved yet, and I can't save my contacts on the sim. I have resorted to saving my contacts on the phone, I don't know if anyone else is experiencing this probably not on the same Nokia device but others listed which was not communicated to me.

I urge MTN to sort this out as soon as possible and mods please help me move this to the FP for more attention and useful advise on what to do.

Thank you!
Re: Problem With MTN Sim And Saving Of Contacts by Bantino(m): 10:27am On Jun 21, 2016
cc MTN
Lalasticlala
Everybody
Re: Problem With MTN Sim And Saving Of Contacts by Endougs(m): 10:38am On Jun 21, 2016
I feel your pain
Re: Problem With MTN Sim And Saving Of Contacts by ItsOquakes(m): 8:23pm On Feb 04, 2017
just had this exact issue today what to do?
Re: Problem With MTN Sim And Saving Of Contacts by babakk2(m): 5:03am On Feb 05, 2017
The same thing happened to me too on my huawei Y3c .
I can't save on my Mtn except my phone.
Mtn need to do something on this micro sim tinz oooo

(1) (Reply)

How To Stop ur android phone 4rm auto updating app / Glo Introduces 5gb For 2500 Plan / If You Opera Mtn Stop Enter Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.