Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,059 members, 7,956,952 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 11:52 PM

My Take On Gender Equality - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / My Take On Gender Equality (474 Views)

Sultan Tells Senate To Reject Gender Equality Bill / 6 Reasons Gender Equality is beneficial To Nigerian MEN And Society At Large / Gender Equality In Africa And Why It Is Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Take On Gender Equality by treasuredbytemi(f): 10:50pm On Jun 20, 2016
[b][/b] This gender equality issue? It's everywhere now i guess but as far as am concerned a woman can never i repeat never be equal to a man. Why? From the beginning it was not so! Mind you she never was created lesser than a man, she is a help meet for him. Meaning she's in the picture always and she is capable of 'meeting' or fit to 'meet' any issue arising. So automatically she can step in positions too,she can rise to any position, she can handle anything, she was created strong but her ego must not overrule that of her man. Socially she can go anywhere, she can rule anywhere and even anybody but trust me a wise woman wouldn't take that home. (WE WORK THE SAME HOURS THEREFORE AM ENTITLED TO REST TOO, I SHOULDN'T BE IN THE KITCHEN WHILE HE RESTS HIS LEG ON A TABLE), well as right as it sounds, trust me, I love to show the men around me that am actually created strong that's why I'll go to the kitchen and make that food. It's wisdom it's not backwardness at the same time on days you tired that man knows and happily gets something you'll both chew on that night outside. I guess the mistake with this fight is that the women are taking it right to their homes and that's a major reason behind the marriage crisis everywhere today. Am not equal to men but am indispensable! #wisewomennotkichentools #werisebutwehonourourhomes, #nowomanwillcookformyman
I agree with some of this write up below, but whatever has so much "I" where there should be a "WE" is faulty.

**If I work for 3 hours and a man works for 3 hours, we both deserve to get paid the same
**A woman can now decide that, Marriage shall mean Partnership, Friendship, companionship as well as Passion; not slavery
**I am not better, wiser, stronger, more intelligent, or more responsible than a man. Likewise, I am never less
**If a man’s virginity cannot be tested on the wedding night, mine shouldn’t be tested as well
**Because my husband has authority in my home does not make me inferior. We are both equal in essence and worth. Our responsibilities are just different
**It means that my character/behaviour is solely guided by my principles not by society’s expectation of how I “should” behave
**It means that I can wear a crown too! Ask Queen Elizabeth
Your Royal Highness, do not be deceived, your belief in this revolution has absolutely no bearing in its movement. Stand tall, behind the king, watch as more women understand this concept, watch as they break the glass ceiling, reaching straight for the moon… and beyond…in their Louboutins

Making reference to this write up by Uche in reply to the Oni's wife, some makes(socially) sense some are just mistakes women make. You don't decide what your marriage will be after the wedding you decide it before and not just you but both of you.

(1) (Reply)

Companys That Provide Bed Bugs Service In Nigeria / Have You Heard Of #bejumiasmart? / Prove Them Wrong; Don’t Live People’s Opinion About You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.