Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,939 members, 7,835,126 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:20 AM

Should American Wife Have To Make Change Before Going To Nigeria? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should American Wife Have To Make Change Before Going To Nigeria? (2877 Views)

Marriage: Should Husband And Wife Have Secrets / American Wife To Get $530million In Britain's Biggest Divorce Payout / 20-year-old Nigerian & His 65-year-old American Wife (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should American Wife Have To Make Change Before Going To Nigeria? by ofala(m): 7:25pm On Sep 21, 2009
Hit the gym straight and loose some fat immediately.Its such an easy thing when you have good enough reasons to,ok? If your man is really concerned ,he should be able to help you integrate a work out schedule that will be effective in a short time.Good luck!
Re: Should American Wife Have To Make Change Before Going To Nigeria? by Theblessed(f): 11:00pm On Sep 21, 2009
agabaI23:

According to this thread

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=66979.msg1304657#msg1304657

and this post from the thread
You have visited naija which is what I was trying to recall above. Let us assume that you travelled then with a visiting Visa, why would you tell us you are going to see his brothers and sisters for the first time when one of the brothers raped you?

What are trying to find out? Something does not add up here. I stand to be corrected though.

[b]You're quite right about the above. Having checked this out, you're correct it's the same lady that posted both threads. Obviously, she has visited Nigeria before but why pretend as if, this is her first time ever to visit Nigeria when she'd been there before and got RAPED by her brother In-law, shame!  According to her, she never told anyone about the rape - not even her own husband and there was a pregnancy 3 months later.  I wonder what happened to the pregnancy??  But, what kind of a marriage is this? A Marriage based on 'SECRET AND LIES'? Evil!!! I wonder afterwards, if the poor husband ever got to know about the RAPE, PREGNANCY and the unfortunate victim here, the CHILD if he/she ever got born? I wonder! Now, we understand she's going back to Nigeria again after that Rape experience? In my view, no normal and respectable lady would even consider this return journey until the whole issue is resolved but then, does this lady sound normal? You only need to check her threads to understand why?  In a nutshell, this family seem deeply dis-functioned and I think the lady has some psychological issues to sort out: LACK OF CONFIDENCE and LOW SELF ESTEEM are deeply rooted here. Who knows how many more times she'd been raped without her husband knowing about it, I wonder!  If only she could be honest with herself. Chei! It's a pity, the price men pay for COMPANIONSHIP. TOO BIG A PRICE!  CHEI!! But, then whose fault is it? One should look before they jump else, they break their neck!!![/b]
Re: Should American Wife Have To Make Change Before Going To Nigeria? by bawomolo(m): 3:17am On Sep 22, 2009
Theblessed:

[size=18pt]Please, show us how the UK people become the Olodo here?  If the person who stole their language and tried to make it his by changing certain quarters to suit himself is not an Olodo, I wonder who is. 

Yet, at the end of the day, both POUNDS, KILOS, STONES etc are of European construct - Pounds and Stones are ENGLISH LANGUAGE that belongs to the ENGLISH hence British English. Kilogrammes is a FRENCH construct and belongs to the FRENCH.  Now, show us the AMERICAN'S above, let us see!  You have the guts to use our language and make unnecessary noises, how dare you
[/size]

have you heard of an english word called sarcasm? you might want to read up on it.
Re: Should American Wife Have To Make Change Before Going To Nigeria? by Theblessed(f): 2:01pm On Sep 22, 2009
bawomolo:

have you heard of an english word called sarcasm? you might want to read up on it.

Glad you now understand what I am talking about.  Even the word 'Sarcasm' is still  European construct - the French! Anyway, last time I had a look in that your book it read, my post was very much in line with the idea - sarcasm.  And I think, we should all at all times point to or justify ourselves with the idea in our presentations, don't you reckon
Re: Should American Wife Have To Make Change Before Going To Nigeria? by bawomolo(m): 3:52pm On Sep 22, 2009
Theblessed:

Glad you now understand what I am talking about.  Even the word 'Sarcasm' is still  European construct - the French! Anyway, last time I had a look in that your book it read, [b]my post was very much in line with the idea - sarcasm.  And I think, we should all at all times point to or justify ourselves with the idea in our presentations, don't you reckon[/b]

not really. Lighten up and please reduce that font. it's a pain for my eyes.
Re: Should American Wife Have To Make Change Before Going To Nigeria? by Theblessed(f): 4:08pm On Sep 22, 2009
Wow!!  grin grin grin
Re: Should American Wife Have To Make Change Before Going To Nigeria? by Theblessed(f): 4:14pm On Sep 22, 2009
bawomolo:

not really.  Lighten up and please reduce that font. it's a pain for my eyes.

Pleeeeeaaaaase, don't even go there - Lighten up Hmmm!  They say one man's food is another's poison!  And he doesn't get it, does he? Seems you have a tunnel view about life.  'Cos it might be painful in your eyes, have you any thought for partially blind people and those with other eye defects who have difficulty reading small texts and very much would love to read with ease, all you'd been taking for granted?  Goes to show all I have been saying, the hallmark of self-centred people lacking consideration for others.
Well, the fonts makes it easy for others and myself to read and respond to some of the bunkums you and others put on here.
Re: Should American Wife Have To Make Change Before Going To Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:32pm On Sep 22, 2009
Re: Should American Wife Have To Make Change Before Going To Nigeria? by agabaI23(m): 5:17pm On Sep 22, 2009
chaircover:

The blessed; no disrespect but your font and colour does make reading your posts quite difficult.

personally, I scan your posts and dont read the whole thing from start to finish which is a shame because I am sure you must have some very good points/advise/opinions.

It will also help if you left gaps between paragraphs. kiss

Oyibo di uto bu maka ndi ma ede ya.
Re: Should American Wife Have To Make Change Before Going To Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:56pm On Sep 22, 2009
Re: Should American Wife Have To Make Change Before Going To Nigeria? by rubi(f): 6:08pm On Sep 22, 2009
@agaba123 you tried to re-trace her post
Re: Should American Wife Have To Make Change Before Going To Nigeria? by Theblessed(f): 9:59pm On Sep 22, 2009
chaircover:

The blessed; no disrespect but your font and colour does make reading your posts quite difficult.

personally, I scan your posts and dont read the whole thing from start to finish which is a shame because I am sure you must have some very good points/advise/opinions.

It will also help if you left gaps between paragraphs.  kiss
[b]Thanks for your comments and points noted!  But there is something called 'Choice'. The font and colour are personalised for a reason and I'm sure others have their own or similar reasons, too.  As of having difficulty reading my posts, I find it quite interesting that my choice of colour,'the Colour Purple' with its accompanying large Texts interferes with peoples' reading, instead of small texts. Quite strange! Perhaps, you have a strong aversion to reading very long texts/Essays and thus, easily get disinterested in them.  Or that you only have patience for things you're interested in reading. grin grin grin grin Personally, I love reading, no matter the length and as long as it's visible, legible and bold enough to read. Sometimes, this can land me in trouble as I tend to respond to them quite often.  But, you don't have to read all the texts if you don't want to and, you're quite right scanning those you need afterall, we are all different and have different approaches to things.   

As for lack of gaps and paragraphs, I wonder how you mean by gaps?  I am sure in my texts, I always leave appropriate gaps between Full-stops and the beginning of new sentences, if am correct? At the same token, I must admit I do not always incorporate series of Indentations or paragraphs in my writing reason being, I prefer writing in 'BLOCKS'.  These days, most modern Companies adopt Block Writing Styles in their correspondence rather than, Indentation Style.  Basically, I can not see anything wrong in writing in blocks besides, N/L people are not concerned with peoples' styles of writing rather, their input and quality of contributions to the forum - not picking on irrelevancies. wink wink 
[/b]
Re: Should American Wife Have To Make Change Before Going To Nigeria? by Theblessed(f): 10:23pm On Sep 22, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Seems like all the excitement of visiting Nigeria for the first time is almost all gone.
just hang in there
Don't believe all you read.  Its not her first time because, she's been there  before - check her posts.
Re: Should American Wife Have To Make Change Before Going To Nigeria? by agabaI23(m): 12:58am On Sep 23, 2009
rubi:

@agaba123 you tried to re-trace her post

It was not that difficult. I just looked at her profile and the picture clicked.

I only had to go her earlier post in her profile using the 'the most recent post ' and there she was.
Re: Should American Wife Have To Make Change Before Going To Nigeria? by agabaI23(m): 12:59am On Sep 23, 2009
chaircover:

Nothing bad grin
Re: Should American Wife Have To Make Change Before Going To Nigeria? by skynylaw: 2:57pm On Oct 01, 2009
Dis your husband self,   HE MAYBE HIDING SOMETHING FORM YOU,  something in NIGERIA,

ARE YOUR SURE HE DONT HAVE ANOTHER WIFE AT HOME ?, am just saying oohh 

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Best Place To Raise A Child :Nigeria Or Abroad? / How On Gods Green Earth Do I Serve Divorce Papers To My Nigerian Husband Legally / Nigerian Ladies! Lessons To Learn From Gov Chime's Wife's Situation.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.