Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,009 members, 7,956,746 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 06:01 PM

Please Could Someone Answer This Question For Me??/ - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Please Could Someone Answer This Question For Me??/ (1164 Views)

Can A Pro Programmer/developer Answer This Question? / Programming Tricks: Can You Answer This? / Question For Javanian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Could Someone Answer This Question For Me??/ by ADEWUMIMichael(m): 10:13am On Jun 21, 2016
Dear webmasters,...........

i went to an engineer to repair my phone......

and there he was discussion something with some people....

so i decided to join them........

the main topic of our discussion was :

" WHICH WAY ARE THOSE WEBMASTERS (PEOPLE THAT OWNS A WEBSITE (like Nairaland, naijaloaded, gurusloaded,myschool, and others sites) GENERATING THEIR INCOMES FROM US?? as in if at all there is any income for them, for owning a website, how did they generate it, is it from we that do visit their sites ? if Yes how.....AND IF OTHERWISE PLEASE EXPLAIN.....at least someone cannot open a website like that and not making any small cash from people visiting that particular site.....

someone said it is from our MB ....e.g the more MB you spent on nairaland or naijaloaded will be converted to Currency and will be entering the owner's account....But another person said the MB belong to only the network provider and not the owner of the site....

since then i have also been thinking of that particular thing.............

just feeling confused...

Please could you please shed more light on it for me?

i will be very grateful

THANKS....
Re: Please Could Someone Answer This Question For Me??/ by yutsuf(m): 10:46am On Jun 21, 2016
bro! they make money from they adverts they place..... the more the user of ur website.... the higher u increase ur ads rate.... for instance Nairaland gets 400k for one month to advertise on the frontpage
Re: Please Could Someone Answer This Question For Me??/ by FincoApps(m): 3:58pm On Jun 21, 2016
Op, like yutsuf said: they make money mainly from adverts

And DEFINITELY not mb... lol that's so ridiculous cheesy

1 Like

Re: Please Could Someone Answer This Question For Me??/ by ADEWUMIMichael(m): 7:33pm On Jun 21, 2016
FincoApps:
Op, like yutsuf said: they make money mainly from adverts

And DEFINITELY not mb... lol that's so ridiculous cheesy
please what do u mean by advert, i don't understand please explain better

1 Like

Re: Please Could Someone Answer This Question For Me??/ by cbrass(m): 11:17pm On Jun 21, 2016
ADEWUMIMichael:

please what do u mean by advert, i don't understand please explain better

When you create a website that attracts huge traffic, advertising agencies will approach you for advert slots on your website, so thats where you make money
Re: Please Could Someone Answer This Question For Me??/ by yutsuf(m): 2:34am On Jun 22, 2016
check d banner below, they paid for it to be thr...
Re: Please Could Someone Answer This Question For Me??/ by ADEWUMIMichael(m): 7:34am On Jun 22, 2016
cbrass:

When you create a website that attracts huge traffic, advertising agencies will approach you for advert slots on your website, so thats where you make money
wow gotten...thankx alot...

1 Like

Re: Please Could Someone Answer This Question For Me??/ by ADEWUMIMichael(m): 7:36am On Jun 22, 2016
yutsuf:
check d banner below, they paid for it to be thr...
So it's only through advert they are making money?
Re: Please Could Someone Answer This Question For Me??/ by FincoApps(m): 8:36am On Jun 22, 2016
ADEWUMIMichael:

So it's only through advert they are making money?

Another form of Advert is Google Adsence. With it, Google displays adverts on your website, and the more people click on it, the more you get paid.

Other ways of making cash is offering things like subscriptions or upgrades on the website E.g Badoo, Irokotv, Ibakatv, Pin Pals app

Apart from these methods, I don't know any other way they make money. That's why popular WhatsApp app do not make money directly from the app (for most of the population)
Re: Please Could Someone Answer This Question For Me??/ by ADEWUMIMichael(m): 10:54am On Jun 22, 2016
FincoApps:

Another form of Advert is Google Adsence. With it, Google displays adverts on your website, and the more people click on it, the more you get paid.

Other ways of making cash is offering things like subscriptions or upgrades on the website E.g Badoo, Irokotv, Ibakatv, Pin Pals app

Apart from these methods, I don't know any other way they make money. That's why popular WhatsApp app do not make money directly from the app (for most of the population)
THANKS SHA

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Relational Database Vs Nosql Database. / Need A Person Who Can Teach Me Programming / Paid Internship Position For Web Development Training At Lekki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.