₦airaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 1,947,471 members, 4,037,270 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 January 2018 at 04:12 PM

Can A Pro Programmer/developer Answer This Question? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Can A Pro Programmer/developer Answer This Question? (328 Views)

Programmer/developer / Top 13 Websites To Learn Ethical Hacking Like A Pro / 5 Programming Communities You Need To Join To Make You A Pro! (1) (2) (3) (4)

(0) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Pro Programmer/developer Answer This Question? by MediaPapi: 12:59am On Jan 14
Hi there,

I was wondering how much it would cost to build and maintain a movie streaming site like Netflix or crackle?

Your answer should take into account- hosting costs, costs to hire a programmer, time it will take, maintenance costs, e.t.c
Re: Can A Pro Programmer/developer Answer This Question? by DoubleAsam: 1:44am On Jan 14
We are taking about #3.5 million including the cost of server to be used.
Development time is 10weeks.
Chat me up, my team and I can assist with project implementation. 08143202358
Re: Can A Pro Programmer/developer Answer This Question? by MediaPapi: 1:54am On Jan 14
DoubleAsam:
We are taking about #3.5 million including the cost of server to be used.
Development time is 10weeks.
Chat me up, my team and I can assist with project implementation. 08143202358

I appreciate your reply.

Is 3.5 million an accurate estimate? also, do you have whatsapp or skype?
Re: Can A Pro Programmer/developer Answer This Question? by seunthomas: 6:33am On Jan 14
MediaPapi:
Hi there,

I was wondering how much it would cost to build and maintain a movie streaming site like Netflix or crackle?

Your answer should take into account- hosting costs, costs to hire a programmer, time it will take, maintenance costs, e.t.c
A lot of factors need to be considered. You estimated audience on launch, number of movie files you are storing, do you plan to use a global CDN (using a cdn means your users get a better (lower latency) experience), do you have staffing, etc
All this and more will determine how much you would spend. Mind you the 3.5 million my colleague here mention can't even handle your server cost (1 year) for a medium sized streaming site.

1 Like

Re: Can A Pro Programmer/developer Answer This Question? by donsheddy1(m): 8:23am On Jan 14
seunthomas:

A lot of factors need to be considered. You estimated audience on launch, number of movie files you are storing, do you plan to use a global CDN (using a cdn means your users get a better (lower latency) experience), do you have staffing, etc
All this and more will determine how much you would spend. Mind you the 3.5 million my colleague here mention can't even handle your server cost (1 year) for a medium sized streaming site.
With 6 million naira this can be achieved by me in 8 weeks. With server large enough to handle v.o.d
Re: Can A Pro Programmer/developer Answer This Question? by MediaPapi: 6:39pm On Jan 14
seunthomas:

Thank you for taking the time to explain.

Estimated audience on launch will be 20,000. We show only our content.

How much (in your opinion) do you think it will cost to hire a team to build/maintain a streaming site with a few 100 videos (at first) hosted on cdn?
Re: Can A Pro Programmer/developer Answer This Question? by MediaPapi: 6:40pm On Jan 14
donsheddy1:
With 6 million naira this can be achieved by me in 8 weeks. With server large enough to handle v.o.d

Thanks for the reply. We are looking for a team.

How much will it cost to hire a team?
Re: Can A Pro Programmer/developer Answer This Question? by donsheddy1(m): 7:49pm On Jan 14
MediaPapi:

I have a capable team to handle this project. Please let's talk on Whatsapp / call 08031975415. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Can A Pro Programmer/developer Answer This Question? by havilahconsults: 10:00am On Jan 15
MediaPapi:

Contact Havilah Consults for the best reserved service for you. We develop according to your request. See my signature below.

1 Like

Re: Can A Pro Programmer/developer Answer This Question? by seunthomas: 12:08pm On Jan 15
MediaPapi:

Thank you for taking the time to explain.

Estimated audience on launch will be 20,000. We show only our content.

How much (in your opinion) do you think it will cost to hire a team to build/maintain a streaming site with a few 100 videos (at first) hosted on cdn?
Budget like 3-5 million for development work and 3 million to host the application, videos and CDN for a year.

1 Like

(0) (Reply)

Life Is Goog / Help Javascript Try..... Catch / BBC Micro Bit Computer's Final Design Revealed!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2018 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.