Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,909 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:29 PM

Wake Up Call To Female Artists In Nigeria - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Wake Up Call To Female Artists In Nigeria (506 Views)

Categories Of Music Artists In Nigeria / Female Artists (singer) Needed / Artists IN Lagos Drop Your Contact Here Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Wake Up Call To Female Artists In Nigeria by IAMMUIC: 1:54pm On Jun 21, 2016
Until recently Women in Africa were perceived as being ‘overly’ inferior to their male counterparts in society and were delegated roles as such. The typical African society was male dominated as men occupied every key position while the women folks remaned in the background, sheepishly following the every dictate of their gender opposite.

In the 21st century everything in Africa as to that regard is changed. Our generation has witnessed the quickening in the consciousness of the female-folk as being no less than their male counterpart in intellect and strength of the spirit (if not physique). This knowledge has spurred them to come out of their shells, cultivate their inward gifts and live up to their true potentials as Humans in society. In Nigeria, women can now be seen occupying strategic positions in almost every industry but music.

Our music industry still reflects the once held notion that females are ‘overly’ inferior to their male counterparts. A man who has lost his vision will agree with me on this. Even he will affirm to the fact that when he listens to radio, the most played Nigerian songs are performed by male artists. That’s not to say there are no talented female artists in the industry, it’s just that their artistry suffers inferiority to those of their male folks in the industry. Our industry is spearheaded and dominated by artists such as Wizkid, Davido, Olamide, Tu baba, Phyno, etc. All males, where are the females ? Unlike the Western world where you have an equal measure in the contribution made by both parties in the industry, the contribution made by our female artists pales in comparison to the contribution made by their male counterparts.

I recently typed female artists in Nigeria on Google and the search results I got were: The most Beautiful female artist in Nigeria; The Richest female artist in Nigeria; The Sexiest female artist in Nigeria, etc. They all had nothing to do with artistry, I thought it was lame.

If we have a music industry with as much spectacular female artists as their male counterparts occupying top spots on music charts, I am of the assumption our industry will be more unique and gender competitive. Afterall, the female folks also have the potential to sour to uttermost heights in any music industry as their male counterparts.

Source:http://blarckbillboard.

(1) (Reply)

Download Skilashi X Torsion X Jesuh - Dobale / CPA @yung_cpa - Regularly (prod By Fixxie) / Funkcleff Drops Four Hot Instrumental/beat Samples

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.