Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,751 members, 7,809,870 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:23 PM

Popular High Life Singer "De-code'' Gears Up For His Highlife West African Tour - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Popular High Life Singer "De-code'' Gears Up For His Highlife West African Tour (498 Views)

Tiwa Savage Wins AFRIMA 2017 Best Female West African Act. Beats Yemi Alade / Wizkid Wins AFRIMA 2017 Best Male West African Act. Beats Davido / Meet ‎kingsley Egwu Aka De-code (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Popular High Life Singer "De-code'' Gears Up For His Highlife West African Tour by creamysally: 4:16am On Jul 15, 2016
Popular High-life singer Kingsley Egwu better known as De-Code is set to kick off the maiden edition of his West African Campus Tour which kicks off on the 10th of August in Cotonou, Benin Republic.

The "Lovina" singer who's brand new single featuring Oritsefemi titled ''Money Sweet'' is currently trending on radio stations across the country is slated to perform across one major campus from North American University, Cotonou Benin Republic, to the University Of East Legon in Ghana and down to the University Of Lome, Togo. The last stop on the tour would be on home soil at the University Of Lagos, Nigeria,
Decode, who is currently signed to OGPlus International, declares in this interview that he plans to mark his territory and increase his fan base across Africa with this West African Tour.

Q:
Can you tell us how you're preparing for your West African Tour and how the tour was put together?

DECODE:
The idea of the tour came about late last year when I performed my songs at a concert at the North American University in neighbouring Benin Republic. Unknown to me, the DJ who also doubled as a radio personality in Benin had been playing my songs for over two months and even though the people loved it, they had absolutely no idea who the artist was. So when I finally came up on stage to perform, the reception was so exciting that I stayed back and played at the concert for two more days. After that the organisers of the event came up with the idea to perform across four major campuses around West Africa and the tour was born.
I'm at rehearsals everyday working with the band, and I'm super ready to hit the road and perform. I'm billed to perform at a conference in Massachusetts, United States and after that I'm kicking off on this tour.

Q:
Your single, 'Money Sweet' with Oritsefemi is fast becoming a household tune. How did you get Oritsefemi to get on a track with you?

DE-CODE:
My management and I had been talking about a planned collaboration for a while but we couldn't quite figure which artist would better suit my highlife style. 'Money Sweet' was a song I was recorded with C-Mamec as its producer and I decided to perform the song unmixed at the Techno Boom J8 event in Ikeja. As God would have it, Oritsefemi was also billed for that show and he liked the song when he heard me perform it. He wrote his verse back stage and we re recorded the song at his place the very next week. He really made it all happen.

Q
Most people like to compare you with Flavour Na'bania. Do you see any rivalry between the both of you?

DE-CODE:
(laughs) Not at all. Flavour and I are both highlife singers and so by being in the same genre, people are bound to draw comparisons. But besides being a good friend, Flavour is also a mentor to me and I respect him so much. I really need to work hard to get to that level and it wont be long.

Q
What should your fans expect of you this year?

DE-CODE:
My fans should expect nothing but good music from me this year. The video to my song with Oritsefemi 'Money Sweet' is up next followed by two other massive singles. And then besides my West African tour, my fans would get to see De-Code live on stage across the continent in no time.

Q
Thank you, De-Code

DE-CODE:
The pleasure is all mine.

interview courtesy of naijafinest.net

Re: Popular High Life Singer "De-code'' Gears Up For His Highlife West African Tour by duduade: 5:25am On Jul 15, 2016
No gear up... Relax

(1) (Reply)

Lalkaar - Meetpal Dugri- Reply To Aam Aadmi Party - Latest Punjabi Songs 2016 / . / A Brand New Song (featuring Phyno) Is Here Check It Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.