Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,059 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:06 AM

My Experience Buying Tecno W4 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Experience Buying Tecno W4 (1955 Views)

Thinking Of Buying Tecno W2..please Tell Me About It / My Experience Buying A Smartphone In Aba / My Experience Using Tecno Tecno W4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience Buying Tecno W4 by BYXplicit(m): 10:21pm On Jun 21, 2016
i went to get a tecno w4 today after several persuations from friends and i ended up nt getting it coz d girl at d shop could nt answer my question,and this was supose to be my first tecno device, as i lost my bb passport to robbers some weeks bk.i must admit dat d device was beyond my xpectation as d display and build was sleek,but den i was going tru d phone i notice d ram as stating 405MB/1GB i was confused upon seeing dis as no app was open but i knw dat d OS takes up ram space,wat am asking is if dis is wat is left? and to people using it hw do u cope wit it hanging?,,,,,tnx
Re: My Experience Buying Tecno W4 by BYXplicit(m): 9:18am On Jun 22, 2016
GM
Re: My Experience Buying Tecno W4 by Nobody: 9:30am On Jun 22, 2016
Actually in android un-used ram is wasted RAM. Android will always have things running in the background to help aid fast opening of apps. I'm not saying the 1gb on w4 is enough for heavy usage, but it is enough for basic use like web browsing, Whatsapp, Facebook, ig, etc. Where u will start to feel the weakness is if u are a heavy gamer or heavy multitasker.

I have a 3gb ram phone and most of the times my free ram is 550mb.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Buying Tecno W4 by BYXplicit(m): 10:45am On Jun 22, 2016
greenhulk:
Actually in android un-used ram is wasted RAM. Android will always have things running in the background to help aid fast opening of apps. I'm not saying the 1gb on w4 is enough for heavy usage, but it is enough for basic use like web browsing, Whatsapp, Facebook, ig, etc. Where u will start to feel the weakness is if u are a heavy gamer or heavy multitasker.

I have a 3gb ram phone and most of the times my free ram is 550mb.
thanks 4ur analysis,was really scared seeing 405MB Ram left,am nt a gamer and dnt intend to use d phone more than 5months its due to d recent economic bite, but i multitask alot so i dnt knw hw it wil be couple wit d non removable ba3 dnt knw wat to do if it hangs.
Re: My Experience Buying Tecno W4 by Gmajor(m): 1:11pm On Jun 22, 2016
BYXplicit:
thanks 4ur analysis,was really scared seeing 405MB Ram left,am nt a gamer and dnt intend to use d phone more than 5months its due to d recent economic bite, but i multitask alot so i dnt knw hw it wil be couple wit d non removable ba3 dnt knw wat to do if it hangs.
how much did you buy it
Re: My Experience Buying Tecno W4 by BYXplicit(m): 2:28pm On Jun 22, 2016
Gmajor:
how much did you buy it
not yet gotten it due to d 405MB Ram tin but it was going for 29k
Re: My Experience Buying Tecno W4 by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jun 22, 2016
BYXplicit:

I can't ask u to buy or not to buy. But as per the non removable battery issue, cmon bro it's been several years now and non removable batteries are here to stay. Phone manufacturers are not fools, they know sometimes phones might hang. Just hold the power button for a few seconds and it will reboot, or hold the volume down and power button for a few seconds, phone will reboot.
Re: My Experience Buying Tecno W4 by Deboskila: 2:50am On Sep 16, 2016
This phone is useless phone. Why would you produce a phone that will frustrate the user. This Tecno engineers don't he sense at all. The moment you launch facebook the phone hangs, chrome browser it hangs. The only good thing bout this phone is nothing. Useless phone
Re: My Experience Buying Tecno W4 by jerrysense: 4:04am On Sep 16, 2016
Deboskila:
This phone is useless phone. Why would you produce a phone that will frustrate the user. This Tecno engineers don't he sense at all. The moment you launch facebook the phone hangs, chrome browser it hangs. The only good thing bout this phone is nothing. Useless phone
you harsh o...every phone has a good side n a bad side. maybe that may be its flaws but still hv some cool features
Re: My Experience Buying Tecno W4 by jerrysense: 4:10am On Sep 16, 2016
BYXplicit:
i went to get a tecno w4 today after several persuations from friends and i ended up nt getting it coz d girl at d shop could nt answer my question,and this was supose to be my first tecno device, as i lost my bb passport to robbers some weeks bk.i must admit dat d device was beyond my xpectation as d display and build was sleek,but den i was going tru d phone i notice d ram as stating 405MB/1GB i was confused upon seeing dis as no app was open but i knw dat d OS takes up ram space,wat am asking is if dis is wat is left? and to people using it hw do u cope wit it hanging?,,,,,tnx
sorry about ur stolen phone...getting a phone now still depends on the size of your pocket.
Re: My Experience Buying Tecno W4 by techlesson: 7:50am On Sep 16, 2016
Are u kidding me! A frnd uses d phone n hv Neva complained. Mayb I will go verify that today
Re: My Experience Buying Tecno W4 by FrozeBABE: 8:32am On Sep 16, 2016
I use the phone n hv not noticed any hanging.. .
Re: My Experience Buying Tecno W4 by omoalajah(m): 12:00am On Sep 17, 2016
Nice phone you have got, my aunty uses it. The phone doesnt lag unless you use it heavily. It works great for the price. Its a budget phone, so dont expect galaxy s6 capabilities from it
Re: My Experience Buying Tecno W4 by missslimzy(f): 12:10am On Sep 17, 2016
The phone is worth the price. That is all i know. Have friends using it. The Camera is unbelievable.
Re: My Experience Buying Tecno W4 by datyorubaboy: 12:27am On Sep 17, 2016
I dont blame you, you purchase a phone of 27,000 Naira and expect it to work like S7 of 200k+ . Sorry is your name
Deboskila:
Re: My Experience Buying Tecno W4 by Legend99(m): 1:19am On Sep 17, 2016
My does hang. Really don't know what to do it keep frustrating me tired

(1) (Reply)

Is The Upcoming Infinix X556 The Infinix Hot 4? / Tecno Camon CX And CX Air Official Discussion Thread / Samsung J7 Or Samsung S7 Which Is Better?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.