Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,752 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:21 AM

How I Proposed. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / How I Proposed. (1362 Views)

How I Met Izi. / How I Met My Mother. / How I Wan Take Talk Am?: The Cry Of A Househelp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Proposed. by Atreus(f): 9:59am On Sep 02, 2009
It was barely 6 a.m when i knocked on her door. It was still dark out,and i shivered involuntarily as i waited for her to come out. I knocked again,and still there was no answer. Shivering slightly,i brought my phone out of my right front pocket and called her. After the 3rd ring,she picked my call. "Who is it?",she asked groggily. "It's me. Come and open the door". She swore softly under her breath and abruptly cut the call. A few minutes later,she was at the door. She was Abigail,my girlfriend,and we'd been together for over a year. "Hey babe",i said and kissed her softly on her lips. "Hey",she replied grumpily and let me in. I chuckled softly. Abby was so not a morning person. "Just one question,Nosa",she said as she put water in the electric kettle for coffee,and continued:"What are you doing here? It's barely 6 a.m". "I know",i said. "And how come you always look so good in the morning?",she muttered. I chuckled again. "Remember i told you i had a surprise for you?" "Yeah. . . ?" "Well this is it. Go into your room,take a shower,get dressed and pack an overnight bag". "But. . . " "Shh. . ",i cut in and continued;"No questions. Just go do what i said". She looked at me for a few seconds,but then shrugged and went inside. I toyed with the idea of making breakfast for her,but scrapped it as i remembered she wouldnt eat anything that early,except her coffee,and maybe some orange juice and toast. I sat down on her sofa and picked up an issue of the reader's digest,and started reading an article on sexting. About 20 minutes later,she came out,dressed in black knee-length shorts and a hot pink top. I loved the way her boobs looked in them-i'd always been a boob man,and she caught me staring. "I'd love to have 15 minutes with those",i murmured softly. She grinned at me and gave them a little jiggle. "You're killing me babe,killing me",i said and thumped my chest theatrically. "Come on,we gotta go".
Re: How I Proposed. by Atreus(f): 10:27am On Sep 02, 2009
We arrived at the harbor about an hour later. "I don't suppose you could tell me what we're doing here?",she asked. "We,are going on a romantic weekend getaway". Abby and i loved the ocean. Her father had been a sailor,and they'd been exceptionally close,so she practically grew up on water. I'd always loved the ocean;when i was in my early twenties,i used to go fishing with a few buddies,or more often rent a boat and go out on my own. Our love of the ocean was one more thing Abby and i had in common. I watched as her eyes widened,first in surprise,then in pleasure as she smiled happily at me. My heart did a little backflip at that,and i thought;'Hell, it's amazing what this woman does to me'. We got into the boat i'd rented about half an hour later after completing the formalities and pretty soon on our merry way. This wasnt just a romantic getaway;i was gonna ask her to marry me,and she had no clue. 'Just the way i want it',i thought to myself. We spent almost half the first day sailing and then dropped anchor when we were sufficiently far away from the city. We spent the rest of the day fishhng,talking,or most of the time just lazing around. As i sat on a chair on deck,i thought about how we'd met at a business conference in Abuja,how we'd gotten into a relationship. I also remembered how much of a jerk i'd been to her in the beginning and cringed at the thought. She came up from below deck and sat beside me. "Aren't you gonna come take a bath? Your water's getting cold". "I'm coming",i said. "What are you doing here,anyway?" "Just thinking". "Penny for your thoughts?"
Re: How I Proposed. by MyneWhite1(f): 1:37am On Sep 03, 2009
Nice writing, please continue. BTW, where is this boat trip? I notice that you met in Abuja.
Re: How I Proposed. by Atreus(f): 7:05am On Sep 03, 2009
Off the coast of lagos.
Re: How I Proposed. by Atreus(f): 8:43am On Sep 03, 2009
"Just random",i said. I looked at her,took her hand in mine,pressed it to my mouth and kissed it. "I love you Abby",i said and continued;"You know that,don't you?" "Yeah. I kinda figured it out a while ago",she said with a smile and then continued;"I love you right back". I smiled at her and then went below deck to take my bath.
Half an hour later, i was out of the head and in the galley making dinner. Dinner was grilled fish,moderately marinated,fried plantain on the side and a nice bowl of creative salad. I put the salad in the fridge and went above deck.
"Babe. . . ?" "Yeah?" "Here's the next part of the surprise. Go to your cabin,there's something there for you. Put it on,wait for 10 minutes and then come back here". She smiled at me,and then went to do as i said. Immediately she went below deck,i went to my cabin to change. I put on a white dress shirt,silver cufflinks,black suit pants and a matching jacket. I sprayed some perfume on myself and went back to the galley. I picked up the food which i'd arranged in a basket,brought the salad out of the fridge,put it into the basket and carried everythhng above deck. I didnt bring candles because it wasn't dark enough yet;the sun hadn't even set. Just as i finished setting the table,she came up.
My breath caught in my throat as she walked to me. Even though i'd picked out the dress myself,it still blew me away. It was a black gown,simple yet elegant,with a plunging neckline that showed the swell of her breasts. She wore a diamond necklace that rested at the hollow of her throat and a pair of matching earrings.
"You are so beautiful"
Re: How I Proposed. by Atreus(f): 9:48am On Sep 03, 2009
,i whispered,putting a palm on her face. She glanced sideways and saw the table. "Ohmigod Nosa!",she squealed in surprise. "Dinner at sunset",shd continued as the sun began to set in the background. We sat at the table. I raised up my glass and said;"A toast. To you. May your joys be as bright as the morning sun,your years nf happiness as numerous as the stars in the sky,and your troubles as naught but shadows that'll surely fade away. May you forever hold my heart and i yours". "I'll certainly drink to that",she said and clinked her glass against mine. We ate the rest of dinner,and when we were almost through,i got up and put on some music;Frank Sinatra's 'Strangers in the night'. When we finished,i cleared the plates and put them back into the basket. "Nosa?",she called. "Yeah?" "Thank-you. Tonight has been. . . . amazing. Thank-you for making this night special". "It's not over yet",i said. "What more could you possibly do?",she asked with a chuckle. "This",i said,took her hand in mine and went on one knee. She put her other hand on her chest and gasped. "Nosa. . . " "Just shut up,o.k? Shut up,or i'll end up forgetting everything i've been planning to say",i said with a smile. I took a deep breath,and then said;"I love you,Abby. I thought i was strong,but it took more strength to quit creating barriers between you and my emotions. I thought i was brave,but it took more courage to open my heart to you. I thought i knew how to love,but it took more to let you love me",i paused,swallowed and continued;"I look back now and i can't get over how much of a jerk i was to you. I know how hard it was for you to get me to make a commitment to you,to us,but you hung in there. You saw something in me i didnt know i had. You gave me something i didnt even know i needed. You trusted me enough to give me your heart,and your love's the most beautiful gift i've ever received. You believed in me,and in the man you knew i could be,and i want to spend the rest of my life living up to the faith you have in me. I love you babe.
Re: How I Proposed. by Atreus(f): 9:57am On Sep 03, 2009
I love you. So much,and i want to spend the rest of my life making you happy. So,Abigail Sukanmi Ogunnaike,will you marry me?",i asked,my voice thick with emotion. She didnt answer me just yet,she just looked a me,her eyes moist. "You might wanna give me an answer right about now",i said a bit nervously. "Yes! Yes,dammit! Of course i'll marry you,Nosa". I put the ring on her finger,rose and hugged her so hard i thought she'd break. I kissed her through the salt of her tears and carried her below deck.
Re: How I Proposed. by shabbie(m): 10:05am On Sep 03, 2009
Atreus:

,iI thought i was strong,but it took more strength to quit creating barriers between you and my emotions. I thought i was brave,but it took more courage to open my heart to you. I thought i knew how to love,but it took more to let you love me",i paused,swallowed and continued;"I look back now and i can't get over how much of a jerk i was to you. I know how hard it was for you to get me to make a commitment to you,to us,but you hung in there. You saw something in me i didnt know i had. You gave me something i didnt even know i needed. You trusted me enough to give me your heart,and your love's the most beautiful gift i've ever received. You believed in me,and in the man you knew i could be,and i want to spend the rest of my life living up to the faith you have in me.

MASTERPIECE
Re: How I Proposed. by Atreus(f): 10:15am On Sep 03, 2009
Thanks
Re: How I Proposed. by MyneWhite1(f): 6:15pm On Sep 03, 2009
This is so beautiful. Wonderful proposal. And you write so well too now I want to know their backstory, how they met and the obstacles surmounted. Bravo and Encore.
Re: How I Proposed. by Atreus(f): 6:41pm On Sep 03, 2009
Lol. Thanks. I'll see what i can do. By the way,i loved your story,the one about ed and gladys,and it was amazing. From an amateur to someone who writes like a proffessional-it was great.
Re: How I Proposed. by oyinda3(f): 2:19am On Sep 04, 2009
this atreus dude is really in love o  grin with all these your "i want too cook romantic dinner for my wife" "how i proposed" topics
your girl is realllly lucky. i'm jealous
Re: How I Proposed. by Atreus(f): 7:00am On Sep 04, 2009
Lol. . I'm the lucky one. Lol again.
Re: How I Proposed. by Atreus(f): 2:08pm On Sep 04, 2009
Back to what i was writing:
'I dropped her on the floor in my cabin and kissed her soundly. She gasped into my throat and clung to me. I kissed her neck slowly,savouring the hollow of her neck. She fit into my arms perfectly. "You're really good at this",she said shakily. "I get by",i murmured. "How do you want it babe?,"i asked a few seconds later,my voice hoarse with desire,and continued;"Slow or fast?" "Slow. Definitely slow. I wanna remember tonight",she replied,her voice barely a whisper. I nodded slightly,and then kissed her again. It was different this time;slower,more sensuous. I shrugged off my jacket,not breaking the kiss. She put her hands,palm-first on my chest and felt my rippling muscles through the soft cotton of my shirt. She opened my shirt,button by button,and when she was done put her hands on my chest and tweaked my left nipple. I groaned deeply. She chuckled and then put her arms around me and dipped my head to hers. I kissed her and whispered in her ears;"Your turn". In a fluid movement i zipped down her gown and it fell to her feet. She stood before me,naked except for the diamond necklace,earrings,and her engagement ring. "God you are so beautiful",i said,and other parts of me where in complete agreement. "And i'm yours. All yours",she said and came to me. We kissed until i was senseless with desire and she was weak in the knees,infact she'd have fallen to the floor if i wasnt holding her tight. My brain was forming only one coherent thought-i wanted her. Her body was different from mine,yet beautifully so;soft where i was hard,light where i was dark,and the feel of her soft,full breasts pushing against my chest,the hairs on my chest grazing her nipples was unbelievably erotic. She reached down and touched my engorged maleness through my trousers and squeezed it softly. "You might wanna stop doing that for now babe. When i come,i wanna be inside you",i said to her. "Then what are we waiting for?",she asked impatiently,her voice raspy with desire. "Make love to me,Nosa",she said.
Re: How I Proposed. by Atreus(f): 4:02pm On Sep 04, 2009
I was only too willing to oblige. I pulled away from her,took off my trousers and boxers and took her to the bed. Making love to Abby on the ocean was amazing. We were both acutely aware of the ocean around us;the smells,the soft creaking sounds,the both rocking slightly from side to side as we did some rocking of our own. "Come with me",i whispered,and come she did.
We fell asleep after making love and then we woke up almost simultaneously a few hours later. "Hey",she said. "Hey",i replied. I traced the outline of her joy with my right fore-finger and then laid it on her lips. She kissed my finger and smiled. I turned and faced her,my hand supporting my head. A few seconds later,i asked;"So,what kind of wedding do you want?". "What about you? What kind of wedding do you want?",she asked. "Seriously? Big,small;it doesn't matter to me. I don't care if we have 50 or 50,000 people,as long as i marry you". "Well,i've always wanted a big wedding;y'know,my knight-in-shining-armor,beautiful white dress,lots of people smiling happily for and at me as i walk down the aisle",she said a few seconds later,her eyes bright with enthusiasm. "But it'll be too expensive",she said. "Hey. . . Shh",i said,putting a finger to her lips. "Money is not an issue". "But . . " "But nothing,"i said and continued;"What kinda wedding do you want?" "A big one . . . ?" "Then we're having a big wedding. I want to give you the wedding. I want to give you the wedding you've always wanted,and if it's gonna be expensive,so what? I mean you only get married once. You gotta do it right." "So we're having a big wedding?" "So we're having a big wedding",i replied.
Re: How I Proposed. by oyinda3(f): 5:38pm On Sep 04, 2009
lol interesting. tongue love in tokyo
but i don't know. can u remove her full name from the first posts or so and just use abby. unless she doesn't mind then it's ok.
Re: How I Proposed. by Atreus(f): 6:21pm On Sep 04, 2009
I wouldn't put her real full name on a public forum. The only one that's real is abby.
Re: How I Proposed. by oyinda3(f): 9:15pm On Sep 04, 2009
ha. that's good then. I thought that the names u posted were her real names
very very interesting read though. u write really well
Re: How I Proposed. by Atreus(f): 10:13pm On Sep 04, 2009
Thank-you.
Re: How I Proposed. by luvbooks(f): 11:47am On Sep 05, 2009
This is good !!!
Hold on though, were u the one who wrote a story of a girl and her man named Prince I cant remember the title though.
Re: How I Proposed. by Atreus(f): 11:55am On Sep 05, 2009
No,i wasnt.
Re: How I Proposed. by pinkylady1(f): 12:55pm On Sep 05, 2009
you write well i must say
Re: How I Proposed. by Atreus(f): 1:19pm On Sep 05, 2009
Thank-you.
Re: How I Proposed. by mamagee6(f): 6:10pm On Sep 05, 2009
good for you then.
Re: How I Proposed. by ginky: 8:02pm On Sep 06, 2009
Atreus,you are the bomb. I don't normally like reading novels but if you create any novel with your name on it,I would gladly and wholeheartedly buy it.

So tell me, how long does it take you to write this kind of stories?
Re: How I Proposed. by Atreus(f): 8:35pm On Sep 06, 2009
not long. when i get an idea,i think about it for a bit(but not too long because if i finish a story in my head i wont be able to write it),and then i'm on a roll-it just pours out and i can't stop writing. some of the stuff i write are based on personal experiences,so since i'm writing it from memory it takes less time. usually,i
1-get an idea
2-think about it for 20,30 mins
3-write till where i stopped in my head
and start all over.
this was a personal experience so it didn't take much time.
Re: How I Proposed. by Atreus(f): 8:36pm On Sep 06, 2009
and thanks for the compliments grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How I Proposed. by ginky: 12:20pm On Sep 07, 2009
@Atreus
Hmmn. So, it was actually a real life experience. You are very romantic indeed.
Re: How I Proposed. by africhika(f): 3:20am On Sep 10, 2009
so u feel okay with bearing ur true life like this?

are there other guys like u?

cool
Re: How I Proposed. by semid4lyfe(m): 11:10pm On Sep 20, 2009
Another masterpiece from the stable of Atreus.

(1) (Reply)

Script Writers Needed For A Script Writing Competition / Aunty Kudi / NINJA (Traitor's Blade)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.