Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,217 members, 7,822,106 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:36 AM

Churches That Pray For Their Enemies To Die---What Do You Think? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Churches That Pray For Their Enemies To Die---What Do You Think? (2129 Views)

"Super Rich Churches That Do Business Must Pay Tax" – Sheikh Abdur-Rahman Ahmad / Nigerian Uses Signpost, Tells Churches That Schools Owned By Them Should Be Free / Types Of Churches That Are Doomed To Fail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Churches That Pray For Their Enemies To Die---What Do You Think? by histemple: 5:36pm On Jun 22, 2016
Why do some churches pray that their enemies should Die by fire, Fall down and die, My enemies must die this year etc.

Just wondering if they intentionally disregard scriptures that asked them to pray for their enemies to repent, and even bless those that cursed them. Luke 6:28

God further warned that vengeance is "His" alone. Romans 12:18-20

For instance, in Psalm 23, the Lord further assured that He will prepare a table for us in the "presence" (not the absence) of our enemies.

Please I need honest and scripture-based contributions.
Re: Churches That Pray For Their Enemies To Die---What Do You Think? by RobinHez(m): 9:23pm On Jun 22, 2016
You have your answer already! Such prayers are unbiblical.

Imagine the Apostles praying such prayer, and in attempt to give heed, God decides to take the life of Saul who was to latter become Paul?....
Re: Churches That Pray For Their Enemies To Die---What Do You Think? by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jun 22, 2016
RobinHez:

Imagine the Apostles praying such prayer, and in attempt to give heed, God decides to take the life of Saul who was to latter become Paul?....

Thats considered pyrric too isn't it, robin?
Re: Churches That Pray For Their Enemies To Die---What Do You Think? by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jun 22, 2016
i know u r practically talking about MFM.... But i must tell u this. Firstly read Matt 11vs 12 and Ephesian 6vs 12...
Who r ur enemies
they r principality and power against the will of God for ur life...
They r power that hate goodthing to happen to u.
They r personality that delight in themself seeing evil befall u.
They r the one who make an Eagle men to stay behaving like Chicken... If u want me to expansiate on Eaglemen and Chickenmen.
What can u tell me of a person who mother is behind her problem for good solid 20year,,,,,,
My friend, wen u r praying against ur enemies ,,, take off ur mind from anyone and pray aggressively like u never pray B4, and u will see someone calling ur name from ur village that fire is burning him ooo telling u to cease ur die and fire prayer.... There is one quote from my G.O stop them b4 they stop u. Hope i make myself clear...... Shalom.

1 Like

Re: Churches That Pray For Their Enemies To Die---What Do You Think? by Nobody: 11:50pm On Jun 22, 2016
Re: Churches That Pray For Their Enemies To Die---What Do You Think? by RobinHez(m): 11:53pm On Jun 22, 2016
Silkmoth33:

Thats considered pyrric too isn't it, robin?
I suppose not,
Paul was arguably the most important figure in the spread of the gospel...
And it's not like the disciples were not destined to suffer anyways cheesy
Re: Churches That Pray For Their Enemies To Die---What Do You Think? by RobinHez(m): 11:56pm On Jun 22, 2016
Azukam1:
i know u r practically talking about MFM.... But i must tell u this. Firstly read Matt 11vs 12 and Ephesian 6vs 12...
Who r ur enemies
They r the one who make an Eagle men to stay behaving like Chicken... If u want me to expansiate on Eaglemen and Chickenmen.
] What can u tell me of a person who mother is behind her problem for good solid 20year,,,,,,
My friend, wen u r praying against ur enemies ,,, take off ur mind from anyone and pray aggressively like u never pray B4, and u will see someone calling ur name from ur village that fire is burning him ooo telling u to cease ur die and fire prayer....
There is one quote from my G.O stop them b4 they stop u. Hope i make myself clear...... Shalom.

Good God almighty! shocked grin

1 Like

Re: Churches That Pray For Their Enemies To Die---What Do You Think? by histemple: 1:21am On Jun 23, 2016
RobinHez:

Good God almighty! shocked grin

So, when is a Christian supposed to pray for the repentance of our enemies as was instructed in the bible?

And if all your enemies fall and dies, in whose presence will God prepare the table for you?
Re: Churches That Pray For Their Enemies To Die---What Do You Think? by histemple: 1:24am On Jun 23, 2016
Azukam1:
Who r ur enemies
What can u tell me of a person who mother is behind her problem for good solid 20year,,,,,,
My friend, wen u r praying against ur enemies ,,, take off ur mind from anyone and pray aggressively like u never pray B4, and u will see someone calling ur name from ur village that fire is burning him ooo telling u to cease ur die and fire prayer.... There is one quote from my G.O stop them b4 they stop u. Hope i make myself clear...... Shalom.

Well, I didn't mention MEN but now that you have, let me ask you.

So, when is a Christian supposed to pray for the repentance of our enemies as was instructed in the bible?

Ok, imagine that God decides to answer such prayers and start killing all your enemies instantly, what will be the essence of Christianity and repentance?

And if all your enemies fall and dies, in whose presence will God prepare the table for you, as he promised in Psalm 23?
Re: Churches That Pray For Their Enemies To Die---What Do You Think? by histemple: 1:28am On Jun 23, 2016
RobinHez:

Just be following, you will see responses that will shock you.
Re: Churches That Pray For Their Enemies To Die---What Do You Think? by Nobody: 7:04am On Jun 23, 2016
for the fact i say they should die doesnt mean the person will die,,,,, if he/she refuses to repent for their sin.. They will surely die.... even the bible say suffer not the witch to live, but to die... It is a tragedy that u r tormented by those power and u die in that process and later the witch then repent of his/her sin and go to heaven... Where will u find urself heaven or hell??
This life we r is a battle field where u a to put on ur armor according to Eph 6vs 13. Or do u want to tell me u avnt hear a case where someone will say over his/her death body will he/she see someone making it in life..... Someone that has pledge his/her heart to satan ....will u let that person leave......
U r saying that God prepare a table b4 u inthe present of ur enemies.....may be u av forgoten that that same bible said if ur way please God, he will allow ur enemy to b at peace with u.... So did ur way please God b4 he can set a table b4 u in front of ur enemy... I bet u , nah karate then go take fling the table away from u... So be wise bro.
Re: Churches That Pray For Their Enemies To Die---What Do You Think? by Nobody: 7:24am On Jun 23, 2016
u just leave the prayer to God.... He will knw how to answer it.... Die means severals things......
Cease to exit, loose the power or become powerless, etc. I pray u will never see problem u r unable to help urself..... Les i forget, this world we r is a battle field.... Yoruba pple will say ....they av turn the destiny of this person upside down ....and so on..U av to stop them b4 they stop u. Even if u knw ur enemy..... dnt mention his/her name and let ur mind b free... Cos u r not fighting against flesh and blood...Eph 6vs12..
Re: Churches That Pray For Their Enemies To Die---What Do You Think? by RobinHez(m): 9:33am On Jun 23, 2016
Azukam1:
for the fact i say they should die doesnt mean the person will die,,,,, if he/she refuses to repent for their sin.. They will surely die.... even the bible say suffer not the witch to live, but to die... It is a tragedy that u r tormented by those power and u die in that process and later the witch then repent of his/her sin and go to heaven... Where will u find urself heaven or hell??
This life we r is a battle field where u a to put on ur armor according to Eph 6vs 13. Or do u want to tell me u avnt hear a case where someone will say over his/her death body will he/she see someone making it in life..... Someone that has pledge his/her heart to satan ....will u let that person leave......
U r saying that God prepare a table b4 u inthe present of ur enemies.....may be u av forgoten that that same bible said if ur way please God, he will allow ur enemy to b at peace with u.... So did ur way please God b4 he can set a table b4 u in front of ur enemy... I bet u , nah karate then go take fling the table away from u... So be wise bro.

Wow! Yall keep looking for people in ur village as your problem!

Lemme show u something...

" rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. " - Prophet Samuel 1 Samuel 15:23

By the above definition, is it not obvious most church folks are witches too? Or would you tell me you obey 100% everything the word of God tells you? For if you don't, you've become a rebel... As you read further in that verse "because thou has rejected the word of the Lord...."

Stop looking for people as the source of your problem, instead try to make your ways right with God... And He'll make even your enemies to be at peace with you!
I believe when a person is born again, every curse trailing him/her becomes broken! Don't underestimate the blood of Christ smiley

1 Like

Re: Churches That Pray For Their Enemies To Die---What Do You Think? by TrajansKong: 11:26am On Jun 23, 2016
Azukam1:

Na winch oooooo!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Churches That Pray For Their Enemies To Die---What Do You Think? by TrajansKong: 11:31am On Jun 23, 2016
Azukam1:

Really?

What. Kind. Of. Life. Is. This??

Wild, tortured K-k-k-k-Kerraaaazzyyy man tings!
Re: Churches That Pray For Their Enemies To Die---What Do You Think? by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jun 23, 2016
In the school of destiny discovery, recovery and fulfilment, everyone is a fighter, consciously or unconsciously. You have to fight against something if you must be anything in life.
Re: Churches That Pray For Their Enemies To Die---What Do You Think? by histemple: 3:00pm On Jun 24, 2016
Azukam1:
In the school of destiny discovery, recovery and fulfilment, everyone is a fighter, consciously or unconsciously. You have to fight against something if you must be anything in life.

Just close your eyes and imagine what will happen if God decides to answe such prayers and all our enemies start dying.

1 Like

Re: Churches That Pray For Their Enemies To Die---What Do You Think? by Alezy(m): 3:17pm On Jun 24, 2016
histemple:

Just close your eyes and imagine what will happen if God decides to answe such prayers and all our enemies start dying.
many christians get it wrong when it comes to prayers.

If you are a true christian, u will know that u re sitted in God and God in you. The bible also said we sitted with God in the high place far above all principalities and powers. its not possible for any demon to succeed against u while ur in God unless he permits it like he did job. This can only be achieved by faith which is believing.

Another point is that, the human carrying out those jobs against a believer are not responsible for the attacks, they are possessed by demonic spirits.

In my opinion, u don't need to pray for their death, as a true child of God, he knows what u can handle and apostle Paul made us understand that God will not allow any suffering we cannot endure. All we need is God's will to be done in our lives because in his will (suffering any attack or not) there is an expected end of happiness and joy.

There is a long enough rope for the wicked.

1 Like

Re: Churches That Pray For Their Enemies To Die---What Do You Think? by yeni2015(m): 3:41pm On Jun 24, 2016
Why did the God harden pharoh heart for him to die? Because pharoh will pursue and he will not let the children of israel enjoy freedom. Some unrepented enemies must die for you to enjoy life.
Re: Churches That Pray For Their Enemies To Die---What Do You Think? by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jun 24, 2016
Dey themselves need to die
Re: Churches That Pray For Their Enemies To Die---What Do You Think? by histemple: 5:23pm On Jun 24, 2016
yeni2015:
Why did the God harden pharoh heart for him to die? Because pharoh will pursue and he will not let the children of israel enjoy freedom. Some unrepented enemies must die for you to enjoy life.

If I am not mistaken, it seems you are referring to old testament. I doubt if there was any need for forgiveness during that time and God was dealing with humans in strict terms, which was why Jesus came to reconcile man to God and establish a new order. Infact, Jesus went as far as teaching them "how to pray". Matthew 6:9

The topic of this discussion was contained in that prayer where He said "forgive my tresspasses just as I FORGIVE those that tresspassed against me". By implication, forgiving those that tresspassed against us is the only condition we can expect God to forgive us of our wrongdoings.

He answered so many other questions centered on existing laws, most of which he modified or outrightly nullified.
Obviously astound, the disciples asked Jesus which was the most important commandment to keep since He has modified almost everything therein, including pardoning an adulterer that was caught in the act------Jesus simply told them that the ultimate commandment was LOVE.

He further told them that most of the laws Moses gave them was because of their HARDENED HEART. Matthew 19:8

Before Jesus, what obtained was the "do me, I do you" laws of Moses and others. But remember when Jesus was asked how many times someone needed to be offended before he can revenge? He simply told them 70x7. Matthew 18:22

If you read the bible carefully, the old and new testaments have so much contradictions, and understandably so, because Jesus came with a new ministry------and God changed from the God of war Exodus 15:3 to the God of Peace.1 Cor. 14.33

Part of that ministry was to free mankind from the law of old. Romans 6:14

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Churches That Pray For Their Enemies To Die---What Do You Think? by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jun 24, 2016
"3 But Peter said, "Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit and keep back part of the price of the land for yourself?
4 While it remained, was it not your own? And after it was sold, was it not in your own control? Why have you conceived this thing in your heart? You have not lied to men but to God."
5 Then Ananias, hearing these words, fell down and breathed his last. So great fear came upon all those who heard these things." (NKJV Acts 5:3-5)

some argue that Ananias was not a Christian but it happened in the New Testament, that is After resurrection of Jesus... think!
what we don't understand let's pray for Understanding.. God kills and make Alive! Though the Choice is His
Re: Churches That Pray For Their Enemies To Die---What Do You Think? by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jun 24, 2016
in my own version of enemies...... They r not human being ooooo i.e not flesh and blood, so dnt quote me wrong. One thing i will let u knw is that in any act an individual exercise, there is some forces behind it, weda negative or positive. The book of Ephesian 6 vs 12 is the type of Enemies i am refering to and not human beings and those r the prayers that MFM is directing to .... Hope am now clear??
Re: Churches That Pray For Their Enemies To Die---What Do You Think? by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jun 24, 2016
if am praying die die prayer,, i dnt mention .....anybody, anyone, talkless of the name they bears..... Cos u can pray such a dangerous prayer against an human being like u... if am yet to convince u, feel free to enter an MFM asnd ask the pastor or Regional Overseer who r the pple they want to kill by saying die die die by fire..
Re: Churches That Pray For Their Enemies To Die---What Do You Think? by TrajansKong: 7:21pm On Jun 24, 2016
Azukam1:
if am praying die die prayer,, i dnt mention .....anybody, anyone, talkless of the name they bears..... Cos u can pray such a dangerous prayer against an human being like u... if am yet to convince u, feel free to enter an MFM asnd ask the pastor or Regional Overseer who r the pple they want to kill by saying die die die by fire..

This is why we will never be free from corruption or ever develop effective medicines, law enforcement, justice or peace of any kind in Naija.

We don't want them. We only want miracles and die die die prayers.

Mtcheew... We are doomed...

Re: Churches That Pray For Their Enemies To Die---What Do You Think? by olasubomi007(m): 8:11pm On Jun 24, 2016
Azukam1:
Azukam1:
in my own version of enemies...... They r not human being ooooo i.e not flesh and blood, so dnt quote me wrong. One thing i will let u knw is that in any act an individual exercise, there is some forces behind it, weda negative or positive. The book of Ephesian 6 vs 12 is the type of Enemies i am refering to and not human beings and those r the prayers that MFM is directing to .... Hope am now clear??
yeni2015:

Guys!! Let me ask you this questions.. How many of you are without sin? Like without sin.. No sin at all.. None.. In d so called church u talking about dey don't talk about d holy spirit..going to heaven.. All dey knw is dat some strong man in their father's house is doing them..
Change this pathetic way of thinking.. Read the bible well bro.. Don't twist what it says.. Understand it and let it flow into your soul only then will you realize that when Jesus is truly ur personal Lord and Saviour.. Nd the holy spirit dwells in you.. Enemies won't be able to stand your sight.. Let alone touch u or ur destiny or glory or ur whatever.. You don't have to pray for them to die. You pray for the Lord to have mercy on their soul..

Like if you think likewise

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Churches That Pray For Their Enemies To Die---What Do You Think? by nwakaibeya1: 8:19pm On Jun 24, 2016
justice is very scarce in the world even as Jeremiah 12:10 declared who is good?,Prophets and pastors and apostles have destroyed my vineyard, they have trodden my portion under foot, they have made my pleasant portion a desolate wilderness.DO HUMAN BEIGNS REALLY LIKE TO HEAR THE TRUTH?::::: authority and judgement has come back to the earth,BEHOLD we are not begging human beigns to accept our truth and revelation and that is why we have told them,this is power as of old , that go and sin no more power of REAL Jesus Christ which is unbelievable to human beigns , so cant you see that we are wiser than you that criticize us?dont forget this that many are pretenders INFACT THEY are pretenders who will rather die that accept defeat just like Pharoah of bible time who preferred to sink in the ocean than accept defeat from moses even though pharoah knew the truth just like may evil people who read us knows our truth and revelation and many of his , pharoahs descendants are still in existence today so you that is ignorant and blind spiritually will not know but we know by the reason of the light and the mantle and the power that be and that is why we reveal the HIDDEN mystery OF HUMANBEIGNS ?you that think that you are wise?many human beigns like to stand at the gate of heaven ,enter they will never enter ,also allow others to enter they will never allow others to enter so you must think humanbeigns:we are speaking by the power that is unbelievable to human beigns *this is typical of all our truth and revelation and explanations about the night people ,the rich people and evil marine and occult world and those whom human beings believe in them so much that they were called by God or where made rich by God who are in existence today as being powerful and others as the descendants of the prophets and priests referred to here in the bible @#### Jeremiah 5,25, Your wrongdoings have kept God away;your sins have deprived you of good and peace and night sleep.26 “Among my people are the wicked,who lie in wait like men who snare birds and like those who set traps to catch people.27 Like cages full of birds,their houses are full of deceit;they have become rich and powerful,28 and have grown fat and sleek.Their evil deeds have no limit; they do not seek Gods justice and secular.They do not promote the case of the fatherless;they do not defend the just cause of the poor even when they do its for their own selfish reason unknowingly to the those benefiting from them?.29 Should I not punish them for this?”declares the Lord.“Should I not avenge myself.on such a nation as this?30 “A horrible and shocking thing has happened in the land,31 The prophets prophesy lies, the priests rule by their own authority,and my people love it this way.But what will you do in the end?is it not those we call CHAMELEONS Let this phrase as follows sink in you and we repeat that we keep telling you human beigns about them that are being referred to in those passages by God himself hence judgement has come again or cant you see the judgment is all over the place even though the worst judgement is happening spiritually now but because those being judged are pretenders we repeat who will rather die that accept defeat just like Pharoah of bible time who preferred to sink in the ocean than accept defeat from moses even though pharoah knew the truth just like may evil people who read us knows our truth and revelation and many of his pharoahs descendants are still in existence today so you that is ignorant and blind spiritually will not know but we know by the reason of the light and the mantle and the power that be and that is why we reveal the mystery ?you that think that you are wise?this is words of authority and power from real Jesus CHRIST, that we declare and they are spirits,who can battle with the God of justice,he that made the spiritual laws?we are not begging human beigns to accept the truth and thats why we have told them this is power as of Jesus Christ which is unbelievable to human beigns so cant you see that we are wiser than you that criticize us BUT AS USUAL ONLY TIME WILL TELL WHO IS GENUINE OR NOT?DO NOT SAY YOU WHERE NOT TOLD THAT KINGDOM OF GOD OF JUSTICE HAS COME AND JUDGEMENT HAS COME BACK TO THE EARTH:YOU ARE PERMITTED TO INVESTIGATE BUT HOW WOULD YOU INVESTIGATE WHEN YOU ARE SPIRITUALLY BLIND?JEREMIAH 5,21-22

1 Like

Re: Churches That Pray For Their Enemies To Die---What Do You Think? by RobinHez(m): 8:26pm On Jun 24, 2016
yeni2015:
Na wa o.... No go hustle! Dey wait for person to die first.. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Who Is The Giver Of Knowledge / Salvation Ministries 5 Nights Of Glory Starts Today!!!!! / Why Do Atheists Know The Bible Even Better Than Christians?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.