Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,736 members, 7,824,085 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:26 PM

Swedish Footballer Sent Off For Farting During Match - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Swedish Footballer Sent Off For Farting During Match (455 Views)

German Football Fan Arrested For Masturbating During Match (pic) / Tanzanian Fan Runs To Hug Rooney During Match (Photos) / Adam Lindin Ljungkvist Dismissed For Farting Loudly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Swedish Footballer Sent Off For Farting During Match by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jun 22, 2016
A Swedish footballer has called a referee a 'buffoon' after he was sent off for farting during a match - with the official accusing him of 'deliberate provocation'.
[center][/center][img][/img]
Adam Lindin Ljungkvist was playing at left-back for Pershagen SK in the seventh tier of Swedish football when he was shown a second yellow card in the final minute of the game.

Describing the surreal moment, the 25-year-old said: "I had a bad stomach, so I simply let go. Then I received two yellow cards and so a red". "Yes, I was shocked, it's the strangest thing I have ever experienced in football".

He added: 'I asked the referee "what am I not allowed to break wind a little?" He replied "no"...I don't get it but maybe he thought I farted in my hand and threw the fart at him. But I did not'.

The aggrieved defender told Aftonbladet: 'To provoke anyone with a fart is not particularly smart or normal. It's nonsense – I just broke wind and got a red card. 'I spoke to the referee afterwards, I was annoyed, but there were no bad words. I just said he was a buffoon.'

Reflecting on the 'crappy judgement', he said: 'I can only laugh about it. This has to be unprecedented, surely. I've never heard of anyone who has been sent off for doing a fart.'

Opposition striker Kristoffer Linde told Länstidningen Södertälje: 'I was standing a good distance away but I heard the fart loud and clear. It's the strangest thing I've seen on a pitch, and I've been playing football since I was eight years old.'

Explaining his decision, the referee Dany Kako said: 'I perceived it as deliberate provocation. He did it on purpose and it was inappropriate. Therefore, he received a [second] yellow card.'

The defiant official added: 'Once there was a player who stood and peed next to the pitch. I showed him a yellow card, too.'

The bizarre incident came in the closing moments of the match which Pershagen SK lost 6-2 to Järna SK's reserve team last Friday night.

Source: http://www.newslivecasts.com/2016/06/swedish-footballer-sent-off-for-farting.html

(1) (Reply)

Real Madrid Star Linked With Shocking Move To West Ham United / 100% Betting Tip For 21-7-2016 ( Check Out) / Nigerian Athlete forced to fund herself for Olympics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.