Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,018 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:47 AM

FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital (39272 Views)

Roman Goddess Trolls Laura Ikeji For Dumping Her Wig On Bambam's Head / Olumide Babalola Sues Linda Ikeji For 50million Naira - Photos / DonJazzy Stylishly Mocked Linda Ikeji For Being Single(pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by seguno2: 10:57am On Jun 23, 2016
realGURU:
how does a blogger pay a tax, what kind of contribution does the govt. Gave to blogging, if not lack of electricity and exobitant data rates, nonsense

What of roads and security?

1 Like

Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by jrusky(m): 10:57am On Jun 23, 2016
Morning folks going through your post here this moment as per Linda I have read through all you wrote but you missed the whole of points on this matter especially the very second to the last paragraph Please what do you mean by those statement Go back and read it yourself, does it sound sensible Hell No.

In this life when you go and blow your trumpet when you suppose to used you brain this is what you get. Do you think people living in Banana Island are just living their freely oh boy you are a joker I'm telling you from experience don't go where you can NOT manage the bill simply because of ego and stupidness.

Please who is Linda and what is her total income to be so silly to go and chest a property of N500 Million

Why did she now denied she did not owns the property That alone is criminal offense and an act to evade tax which is a crime. Was she not the one flaunting her silliness showing swag she bought a mansion then Biko please Linda pay the bill or quit the property or reveal the true ownership orelse she should be charge to court and if it shows she owns the property and for lying to evading tax the property she should be sanction.

I remember my fellow people from the East came here ranting about her success as if when the bill come harsh on her they will contribute cash for her now that the nut has be cracked please donate for her and bail her out Some said don't you know what it means to live near Dangote, Kalu and Otedola now let her go to that Dangote and Kalu or Otedola to pay the bill I hate when people talk senselessly just to proof a point please I dare you all her die hard NL from my own region who claimed she was a big time hustler go and pay the bill for her.

Linda go and pay the bill or show the real owner of the property or quit the property. You can't evade tax or dodge it this is no tribal issue if you want Banana Island be ready to pay banana cash to tax office. I know the truth pains them like a scorpion sting but I will not stop speaking it take it or leave it Linda should face the music.

My own dad got a house in Ajah and I know what it's to get property in those area. Linda as Igbo daughter, bitten more than we can chew is not our culture pleas pay your bill ok next time you will act wisely.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by saintdennis(m): 10:58am On Jun 23, 2016
PBundles:
Which is why I dont understand these fools brandishing their wealth. For those that dont know let me help you. Even though most ppl dont pay taxes, Nigeria has a tax code! Ask any one who works for a company like a bank or law firm. They dock it. The problem is in the private sector where its hard to ascertain. And here she is bragging about the house she bought cash, while we all know she blogs, so IR will be asking ok can we see your books please.

On the other hand this Nigeria, so the boss at IR may be licking his chops thinking maybe he can work something out. Sir be careful there is a new sheriff in town and he is locking up ppl who were thought to be untouchable, remember EFCC.

Guy that Mr fowler na badoo ooo...come to lag and see taxation na (if u not in lag) even a street trader pays tax I ain't kidding.
Store owners keep inventory books, sales ledger and tax receipts religiously.

20m bribe is out of the question, by the time tinubu's boy finishes with the 36 states, you will be astonished by how much FG can generate via taxation.

Let's not forget some fed inter-state roads are billed to be concessioned and tolled. Lol

Oshiomole taxed and I believe is still taxing big men like igbenedion wella over his massive mansions in gra n okada too.

Mr dele na my boy, dele na my boy crooner might be next..how many cars he don buy?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by glossy6(f): 11:00am On Jun 23, 2016
Acidosis:
They should not forget to go after all the Yoruba and Arewa bloggers as well. I can name 20 popular ones for proper references.

They shouldn't forget to go after all the Lagos based celebrities including Wizkid, P-Square, etc.

Failure to do that would make FIRS look stup!d.

I'm not Igbo by the way, but I'm not f00lish. Until we learn to do things fairly and rightly in this part of the world, we'd always be the animals that we are.

Just recently in the US, fire fighters traced a Nigerian Oba. That's how credible agencies work, they don't work like animals and visionless remotely controlled wanderers.

The sensible ones should know the reason for these troubles. Just because Linda accepted PDP sponsored ads doesn't make her a criminal. She has done nothing differently from Olamide, Ice Prince and other celebrities who featured in the Ambode campaign songs. But HELL NO; Foolishness won't make us think.

Let's check the authenticity of this so called fine. Linda is not a Legal entity and am sure she did not purchase the house from a Legal entity and so has no business with FIRS but with LIRS
Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by obstead200(m): 11:01am On Jun 23, 2016
realGURU:
how does a blogger pay a tax, what kind of contribution does the govt. Gave to blogging, if not lack of electricity and exobitant data rates, nonsense
are u a lawyer or a tax expert? I doubt it.
well, let me help u out. The PITA 2011 (personal incomes tax act 2011) Defines taxable income as any income earned in, Derived from, received in or brought into Nigeria. (except it could be proved that such income has been taxed in another country, in which case, double taxation principles will be exercised).
so help me answer, is blogging income excluded from this list?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by Nobody: 11:01am On Jun 23, 2016
What is hater there?
The woman doesnt pay her taxes the FIRS are just doing their jobs and everyone has an opinion about it
So what is hating?
People need to get a life abeg.

1 Like

Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by winniz: 11:01am On Jun 23, 2016
goodlifehyd:
And she will evade tax in the country she's traveling to also ba? Some people can't stop reasoning like unripe mango

She already said she doesn't own the house. She already clarified the issues she has with una FIR abi wetin. They are only using her name to generate traffic to their useless site cheesy without Linda ikeji, nairaland is useless.
Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by badonkadonk: 11:02am On Jun 23, 2016
legendsmother:
By Tola Ogundipe

http://www.thecapital.ng/?p=10169

This is starting to look like an all out witch-hunt..
Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by jrusky(m): 11:03am On Jun 23, 2016
seguno2:

Please don't answer him or her. Because she is a blogger and so damn what So she should lie and be playing smart is that right. Anyway this is mercy after death the govt has demanded their tax and that is final if anyone like talk today til tomorrow the law has demanded their due tax and must be pay. Period!

2 Likes

Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by obstead200(m): 11:04am On Jun 23, 2016
glossy6:

Let's check the authenticity of this so called fine. Linda is not a Legal entity and am sure she did not purchase the house from a Legal entity and so has no business with FIRS but with LIRS
This has also occured to me. There can, However, be exceptions to the rule. Else it might be a typo
Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by haibe(m): 11:05am On Jun 23, 2016
realGURU:

Wow this is the height of ignorance!!

4 Likes

Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by Nobody: 11:08am On Jun 23, 2016
when you flaunt your wealth, you forget the tax man is watching

1 Like

Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by Inspectahdeck(m): 11:09am On Jun 23, 2016
Yea well said.

But she needs to pay her tax. Tax invasion is a serious crime to the government and a jail-able offence.

Now she claims the house is not her own hmmm

shabalistic:
Dont envy or get jealous because you don't the story, so stop hating and give support to a fellow in time of trouble. So let her be biko

3 Likes

Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by Nobody: 11:11am On Jun 23, 2016
is it not to much.....y the hatred and envy biko?
Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by just2ok(m): 11:13am On Jun 23, 2016
deebsman1:
And later u guys will be complaining Nigeria is this, is that. Is Spain not prosecuting Messi for tax evasion, did anybody shouts witch-hunt or taking anybody down? Is brazil or so not presently trying Neymar for same tax evasion?? Former Bayern Munich president or so is also being tried for tax evasion, so tax evasion is a worldwide big offence.

In Nigeria actually a lot of people don't pay taxes appropriately true true, but yet they keep it low key, but as for Linda and other yeyebrities, this will serve as a lesson for them that they should stop flaunting.

Even many of those things they flaunts are not actually theirs, not up to what they are actually making it to look like or whatever, now even Linda is coming out plain now that the house is not hers, what a funny episode

1 Like

Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by Onegai(f): 11:14am On Jun 23, 2016
Acidosis:
They should not forget to go after all the Yoruba and Arewa bloggers as well. I can name 20 popular ones for proper references.

They shouldn't forget to go after all the Lagos based celebrities including Wizkid, P-Square, etc.

Failure to do that would make FIRS look stup!d.

I'm not Igbo by the way, but I'm not f00lish. Until we learn to do things fairly and rightly in this part of the world, we'd always be the animals that we are.

Just recently in the US, fire fighters traced a Nigerian Oba. That's how credible agencies work, they don't work like animals and visionless remotely controlled wanderers.

The sensible ones should know the reason for these troubles. Just because Linda accepted PDP sponsored ads doesn't make her a criminal. She has done nothing differently from Olamide, Ice Prince and other celebrities who featured in the Ambode campaign songs. But HELL NO; Foolishness won't make us think.

Some months ago, I heard a story from an anonymous source (whose hands were not clean either), that the Banana Island mansion was not Linda Ikeji's, but belonged to someone connected to the last government (someone with links to the former president). That Linda sometimes fronts for people who need to hide a lot of money by claiming she's moving millions with her very public blogging business. That a lot of billionaires in Nigeria are actually a front for illegal stolen government money (this is a well-work method of hiding stolen funds and money-laundering in Nigeria). I only partially believed that story then because I knew the blog made good money but not N600million on a house money. Come to Ikoyi and hang out a bit, so you soon realise who can move that kind of money (not on social media where almost everyone is flaunting fake lifestyle, check it out yourself). I know she does well sponsorship adverts for some millions and sadly I also know she made good money blackmailing people (people used to pay her to take stories about them down and now other bloggers are trying to copy her).

But if she's denying ownership of the house, maybe FIRS went after her as a start to chasing the real owner of the house.

6 Likes

Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by seguno2: 11:14am On Jun 23, 2016
glossy6:

She made profit from her legal entity business of blogging, not so?
Since she bought the mansion with the profits of her blogging business, she must show that she paid taxes on it BEFORE spending the remaining amount, right?
Is there any part of the explanation that you don't understand?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by Nonso92(m): 11:16am On Jun 23, 2016
Wow! 75mil in tax alone?

1 Like

Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by RealBae: 11:19am On Jun 23, 2016
You no go go work for your own money
Bad belle
Jealousy na disease
irunoobo:
smiley good for her. Let's see how easy it will be for her to pull out 75 million in this harsh economy. Why did she have to short change the system when she was obviously making money and flaunting it on their faces. Wizkid be laughing his ass out now grin
Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by realGURU(m): 11:20am On Jun 23, 2016
seguno2:

and u r u not using the road, ve u paid N75m?
Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by RealBae: 11:22am On Jun 23, 2016
Wetin this one dey talk
Mtcheeeeeh
Onegai:

Some months ago, I heard a story from an anonymous source (whose hands were not clean either), that the Banana Island mansion was not Linda Ikeji's, but belonged to someone connected to the last government (someone with links to the former president). That Linda sometimes fronts for people who need to hide a lot of money by claiming she's moving millions with her very public blogging business. That a lot of billionaires in Nigeria are actually a front for illegal stolen government money (this is a well-work method of hiding stolen funds and money-laundering in Nigeria). I only partially believed that story then because I knew the blog made good money but not N600million on a house money. Come to Ikoyi and hang out a bit, so you soon realise who can move that kind of money (not on social media where almost everyone is flaunting fake lifestyle, check it out yourself). I know she does well sponsorship adverts for some millions and sadly I also know she made good money blackmailing people (people used to pay her to take stories about them down and now other bloggers are trying to copy her).

But if she's denying ownership of the house, maybe FIRS went after her as a start to chasing the real owner of the house.
Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by SageTravels: 11:23am On Jun 23, 2016
irunoobo:
smiley good for her. Let's see how easy it will be for her to pull out 75 million in this harsh economy. Why did she have to short change the system when she was obviously making money and flaunting it on their faces. Wizkid be laughing his ass out now grin

The last time i checked she did not borrow from your father to establish herself. i wonder way all this hating. Go and Work bro stop all this nonsense it wont help you. N1 from the N75m will never enter into your account.
Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by seguno2: 11:23am On Jun 23, 2016
realGURU:
and u r u not using the road, ve u paid N75m?

I have always paid my assessed taxes.
I hope that you always pay your own also to avoid stories that touch.
To be forewarned is to be forearmed, not so

1 Like

Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by realGURU(m): 11:28am On Jun 23, 2016
Cos u pay some filty thousand u want lind to pay 75m ke , u r wked
seguno2:

I have always paid my assessed taxes.
I hope that you always pay your own also to avoid stories that touch.
To be forewarned is to be forearmed, not so
Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by blackmedia: 11:29am On Jun 23, 2016
That house belongs to Olisah Metuh . Linda was a front for Metuh and the PDP 2015 publicity team . she's got more cash in her care.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by Lilimax(f): 11:38am On Jun 23, 2016
chubbygal:
Ndi iro na ndi Anya ufu@work Linda they can never pull you down..
Amen!
Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by Nobody: 11:41am On Jun 23, 2016
deebsman1:
And later u guys will be complaining Nigeria is this, is that. Is Spain not prosecuting Messi for tax evasion, did anybody shouts witch-hunt or taking anybody down? Is brazil or so not presently trying Neymar for same tax evasion?? Former Bayern Munich president or so is also being tried for tax evasion, so tax evasion is a worldwide big offence.

In Nigeria actually a lot of people don't pay taxes appropriately true true, but yet they keep it low key, but as for Linda and other yeyebrities, this will serve as a lesson for them that they should stop flaunting.

Even many of those things they flaunts are not actually theirs, not up to what they are actually making it to look like or whatever, now even Linda is coming out plain now that the house is not hers, what a funny episode

Bros....Na u get sense pass...i don dey read shitty comments wey fit make person mad until i reach your comment. God bless you fala fala.

The ex baryen munich president (Uli Hoeness) even got jailed for tax evasion. Mascherano got tried too. A lot of celebs overseas got tried for tax evasion.

One thing i noticed is when it comes to Linda Ikeji....any form of accusation be it false or true is equivalent to beefing her success! If Linda Ikeji kills today and she's arrested some people with flat head will still scream " they r beefing her success and they are working hard to bring her down"....some of them with pawpaw shaped head from the east who usually think with their balls and anus will shout..."witch hunting".

With this type of OT, Nigeria will never progress.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by logica(m): 11:43am On Jun 23, 2016
blackmedia:
That house belongs to Olisah Metuh . Linda was a front for Metuh and the PDP 2015 publicity team . she's got more cash in her care.
Either the people using her as fronts are as stupeed as she is, or they didn't see Jonathan losing to Buhari.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by Boss13: 11:48am On Jun 23, 2016
I have issues with this news because I need to understand what tax she is liable to pay.

FIRS is responsible to collect Corporate Income Tax, Capital Gain Tax, VAT, Petroleum Profit Tax, Personal Income Tax for Abuja Residents, Withholding Tax, Education Tax, Stamp Duties.

I would have loved to explain these tax types but I intend to avoid verbose comment.

Is FIRS after her on Corporate Income Tax? Or is it LIRS that is after her on Personal Income Tax or Land Use Charge? We need to be clear about this before rushing to conclusion.

Tax evasion is a serious crime and one could go to prison for it.

I do not pity her situation because of her excessive show off. Now the government is breathening down her neck and the truth is rushing out like flood.

1 Like

Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by logica(m): 11:48am On Jun 23, 2016
Freiden:

One thing i noticed is when it comes to Linda Ikeji....any form of accusation be it false or true is equivalent to beefing her success! If Linda Ikeji kills today and she's arrested some people with flat head will still scream " they r beefing her success and they are working hard to bring her down"....some of them with pawpaw shaped head from the east who usually think with their balls and anus will shout..."witch hunting".
They think others are like them. Nobody "beef" other's success like them. Legendary stuff.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by glossy6(f): 11:48am On Jun 23, 2016
seguno2:

She made profit from her legal entity business of blogging, not so?
Since she bought the mansion with the profits of her blogging business, she must show that she paid taxes on it BEFORE spending the remaining amount, right?
Is there any part of the explanation that you don't understand?

Am not saying that she is not liable to pay tax and what we may be dealing with here are Withholding Taxes (WHT). FIRS deals with Limited Liabilities (Ltd.,Plc, Banks, Multinationals ) - Corporate Entities while LIRS handles individuals and that's where Linda falls into especially if she purchased the house from an individual which is most likely but if she purchased the house from a Corporate body, that's when FIRS can ask for the WHT.
I hope I've made myself clearer.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Wizkid, Davido, Burna Boy Perform At Tony Elumelu’s Christmas Party (Video) / Davido And Akon Received By Gabon's President Mr Ali (Photos, Video) / Djimon Hounsou Condemns Boko Haram & Nigerian Military After Visit To Borno.PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.